• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with/punish Discussing MK's Shuttleloop

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeh, I guess you can take the gamble if you're at low percents because then their retaliation if you mess it up isn't as big a deal. I just am a man who likes to go for the always guaranteed stuff, haha. The bigger the margin for error, the more likely I am to try it over a different option :D

Padô

Smash Lord
Yeh, I guess you can take the gamble if you're at low percents because then their retaliation if you mess it up isn't as big a deal. I just am a man who likes to go for the always guaranteed stuff, haha. The bigger the margin for error, the more likely I am to try it over a different option :D
That's why I stopped punishing ground ppl with grounded moves like FSmash and FTilt, now I try to punish with aerials ONLY.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
is it just me or has this thread almost turned into a matchup discussion thread?

when you think about it, all of this info SHOULD be discussed in the matchup thread :\

although the intentions behind this blog were good, i think we should focus on our matchup discussions and all of this will get covered in there

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
anyone have anything else to add to Tlink's shenningans I'll move on if no one has anything else to add.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
well it seems like everyones just throwing everything about the matchup in here lol

also the TL one is especially bad because its about his zair, bair and projectiles which is like.. the entirety of TL LOL

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Pick something you want to discuss and i'll have it up pado.
well it seems like everyones just throwing everything about the matchup in here lol

also the TL one is especially bad because its about his zair, bair and projectiles which is like.. the entirety of TL LOL
I don't think it's really match up based. It focus in on a character and how to deal with/respond/ punish the move.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Will Wario's Bite be next? It's really good in Wario dittos due Wario's lack of disjointed moves.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
these are definately the most annoying moves against wario.
good thread.
xyro.
10xyros

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I was facing a Lucario yesterday and I did well against him on FD. I hadn't really played a good one prior, but I picked up on how to punish him pretty quickly. I also learned how effective biking against his AS can be.

On his CP he brought me to Lylat (I hate this stage). He really camped the hell out of those platforms. He would fsmash repeatedly at mid range, AS at long range and uptilt at close range and basically stand still. The slant in the stage messed up biking (made it hop and go really slow) and the platform made it very difficult to approach from above. The range and speed of fsmash made it hard to punish. If I shielded it I was too far away to get close to attack before he could jab/utilt.

So I guess this sounds like a MU discussion thing, so we could make it something like "how to punish/deal with platform camping" because I have this problem against a few characters (TL, D3, Snake).

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
anyone have anything else to add to Tlink's shenningans I'll move on if no one has anything else to add.
I played ARC last night. And hes the best toon link ive ever seen and i realized what warios problem is, wario moves very well in the air, but toon link is one of the best moving characters in the game.

Its hard to out maneuver any TL strictly because of the options he has vs the options you have.

Arc two stocked me first round. then i took him to rainbow cruise and beat him. he took me to battlefield and i barely pulled out the win. It was probally the best feeling victory of my smash journey so far. It was great to have beaten him, but man... i was sweating.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I played ARC last night. And hes the best toon link ive ever seen and i realized what warios problem is, wario moves very well in the air, but toon link is one of the best moving characters in the game.

Its hard to out maneuver any TL strictly because of the options he has vs the options you have.

Arc two stocked me first round. then i took him to rainbow cruise and beat him. he took me to battlefield and i barely pulled out the win. It was probally the best feeling victory of my smash journey so far. It was great to have beaten him, but man... i was sweating.
Tlink is very good in the air to go along with his quick moves and all the shenanigans he has I think it's a test of the Wario players patient, If you rush in to Tlink to fast you'll eat some damage and if they Tlink is doing the bair thing he may string a couple a long if you don't properly SDI the move. You just need to understand this and find that opening because once you do Wario is no slouch when racking damage.

Need a new topic.

Padô

Smash Lord
Snake's Granades
Peach's floating attacks (She floats Dairs you than lands with no lag and jab jab)
Lucario's Dair

I have problems with Pit's Nair, but I think I'm the only one.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Alright discussing peach how float shenanigans and her ground > air game with them auto canceled aerials to jab and dsmash. Also bring up dair and bairs and such.

Padô

Smash Lord
There are 3 things that are ESSENTIAL on this match-up.

1st: Use your OoS options wisely, those one are gonna save you from getting grabbed/jabbed after an aerial and it's only safe way to punish her before the aerials too. If you got a good timing precision you can bite her OoS before she hits your with a Fair after the float, you can shieldgrab (If your shield is still good) the her jabs, but your shield gets ***** really fast after a full Dair.

2nd: Don't try do approach the same way too often, If the Peach player is good he's gonna stop your aerials with his tilts so try modify a little your game from the usual Full Hop Dairs and things, Aerial Bite is good since one of the best Peach's kill move is Fair and it's got a laggy execution easily punished by bites range but you gotta predict it otherwise you are getting Nair'd.

3rd: Both Bairs are good here. Treat Peach's bair like Marth's Fair. If you are fast enough and get used to it's hitbox you can Fair/Bair into the transition from a Bair to another and this should make Peach float a little more higher than it should be easy to bait her for a waft or an Uair.

Another thing that is important... I found that is really easily to punish low floats with SuperArmor FSmash, specially when you know she is coming for a Nair or a Fair, don't try it on a Bair, she will do it retreated, you won't hit her, and you are getting punished.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Neither will work to even a decent extend.

Don't try to shieldgrab Peach's aerials, it just doesn't work.
I shieldarmor her attempts to jab me after an aerail ALL the time, and I also shieldgrab aerials on my shield (it works if they hit your shield with BAIR and NAIR, shieldgrabbing doesn't work if they don't)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I shieldarmor her attempts to jab me after an aerail ALL the time, and I also shieldgrab aerials on my shield (it works if they hit your shield with BAIR and NAIR, shieldgrabbing doesn't work if they don't)
What's shield armor ?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Grab Armor* It's when you grab them while still taking damage, usually if they hit you during some particular frames of the grab animation.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No, what depends on controller port is, if both people grab at the same time, who's grab wins. People with a higher number port get knockback priority, people in a lower number port get grab priority.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Just figure I try to get some discussion going on this to see if we can continue this thread if anyone wants to add something or discuss something then post others wise it will fade into obscurity again.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I think for Peach we should talk about her priority or something of that sort. I have a very hard time with peaches because everything of theirs beats our moves out unlss I am doing somethng wrong.

Or we do Snake's nades, that is another thing that is ridiculous at times. Like, if you watch blue rogue vs smash 64, the snake gets wrecked first matcj but wins the second because he plays much more with the nades making it a bit harder for the wario to approach. Some snakes just throw random nades but there are others who really think on where to put it, and the snakes that know the MU too well make it hard for us because they know where to put those nades.

Or we can talk about Falco's jab.

Top Bottom