• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Linguini

Smash Master
Chris, full jump aerials with falco are a lot easier to grab than sh aerials because they are slower. Try shield grabbing sometimes. Uair does work you just have to get the timing down.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Chris, full jump aerials with falco are a lot easier to grab than sh aerials because they are slower. Try shield grabbing sometimes. Uair does work you just have to get the timing down.
Well I mean don't you kinda have to hit with the uair at the start of the animation? From what i've seen it can either straight up beat falco's dair or trade. Since after that the priority becomes ****ty.. And then also if I know the Falco is going for a dair, I started using side-B on reaction to punish the lag of the dair as they land. I thought that was pretty good... though a bit situational. I also use it to avoid marth's grab sometimes, since side-B makes Ganon pull back just a little bit for spacing. Down-B too =P

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if there's an aerial, it'll be on the back of my shield, unless i can wdoos to respace for it.

i wish i recorded when i played last night though. i do some interesting things with dsmash mid combo and techchases...

Linguini

Smash Master
Question for you guys, do you mind if a combo video is 10 min. long? I have so much footage that I feel like i've compressed it as much as possible.
Been working on this for a while now so every clip is up to par and ****ing ****.......almost done, just syncing music is mad annoying

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I thought it was a pretty solid video. I guess I was expecting a little more creativity, but nevertheless solid reads, and good punishes. I thought the best song by far was the very last one of the main ones. Didn't think that song with the trumpets and stuff worked for Ganon though, but that's just me.

Now that WoMD has come out, guys keep your eyes open for Devour 2! It should be legit.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
one of the best 10 mins of my life!!!

is it just me or is it like a Ganon combo vid season right now? I have been collecting clips for my own video for the past two months without any knowledge of the fact that you guys are creating combo vids yourselves

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: Can Ganon do his second jump from the ledge onto the stage?

I swear I've seen people dj waveland onto the stage from the ledge. However, it seems when I try it his DJ only gets as high as the ledge.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You have to dj close to frame perfect after you ledgedrop and you'll be high enough to waveland. If you hold forward first you can waveland backwards too (reverse ledge dash).

:phone:

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, i was wondering what do y'all do when you play doc, specifically his pills. My friend is a Doc player and i usually 1 to 2 stock him but he always kills me from the pill damage and stun.... Just wondering what the better ganons do to react to this.

I usually back air or a attack them

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah I got 2nd at CEO yesterday, beat druggedfox and uberice.......lost to hbox twice. I tried my hardest to beat out his play style but one mistake = death most of the time vs him. Most of the matches were pretty close but I was only able to win 1 or 2 (dont remember).

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
nothing vs druggedfox? i'm sad...i really wanna see how you deal with a falco like his...

ah well, i'm developing my own style, but i know we have similar stances on how the spacies should be fought.

Top Bottom