• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the links guys - those videos are awesome.
The commentator was spot on, your team synergy made it look like you've been teaming for years.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtPvU2Rl4Ss

This one is good too. Kage, first match I saw you pass up a free lightshield edghog!!! You said you were going to work on this lol.

Seriously great stuff man, Axe is so aggressive in a smart way and your spacing was really on point.
I don't know, I'm so uncomfortable to try it.. I don't really train vs Marth all that much so I have to stick with what I learned how to do. It's just the way Marth moves off-stage, I'm never ever sure when to use it so I would rather try an aerial which will possibly connect even with a sweetspot.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
G$ was recovering really low, you know he needed his up-b to stand a chance at recovery, and he was far from close enough to up-b onto the stage. Stand and watch the situation and see when he uses his jump. If marth recovers that low, as soon as you know he is down to his last option (up-b grab the ledge), roll to the ledge and start holding Z and away from the stage during your roll. He be dead.

Now if only you could teach me how to mindgame like a pro lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage you played like a man on fire in teams! Amazing!! My favorite set was vs M2k and Hax...so legit dude, much props!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
G$ was recovering really low, you know he needed his up-b to stand a chance at recovery, and he was far from close enough to up-b onto the stage. Stand and watch the situation and see when he uses his jump. If marth recovers that low, as soon as you know he is down to his last option (up-b grab the ledge), roll to the ledge and start holding Z and away from the stage during your roll. He be dead.

Now if only you could teach me how to mindgame like a pro lol
Alright, I'll try to use that in the future. The mindgames I guess to me is just covering your options. You know the term Option Select right? For example, vs Hax Game 3 on stadium.. you know when I did a Fair above him into upair, the fair is to cover the possible jump and then if that missed then upair will hit 100%. From there, since Falcon is gonna be way off-stage now.. well it's an easy edgeguard after that point. Every character has that, just like you know when let's say Falcon tries to air control and UP+B towards the ledge, Fox uses a backair to cover all the vertical zone where Falcon can possibly be, and then if that missed, he can downsmash since Falcon has no other choice but to go towards the ledge. An option select is forcing an option kinda.

Also, faking out your opponents or making him think you are going to do something is cool too. The way I bait out moves is just going into an uncomfortable zone where I can cover options but I end up doing something entirely different for a free hit. It's a bit hard to explain because I think it requires a lot of experience to do this.

forgot to say good **** to kage!!!!!!!
Those were some crazy *** team matches. Amazing stuff Kage!
Kage you played like a man on fire in teams! Amazing!! My favorite set was vs M2k and Hax...so legit dude, much props!
Agreed, I liked this one too. Excellent spacing, and even more excellent move choice.
Ya know, I'm not surprised Kage/Axe dominated. They're both really good players of course. But, I've already seen how annoyingly good Fox/Ganon does in teams. How could anyone sleep on Pikachu/Ganon?!?
Well thanks guys! Appreciate it a lot. =P I probably watched all the teams matches 3-4 times already by now. And omg.. I got so many double fairs lolll. On point Ganon is pretty damn beast I have to admit that. However, there's no way in hell I could of done all without Axe, he's too good. =P

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yo kage, when do you think you will be back for another tri-state tourney? I would love to play against your ganon more with fox...you pooped on me pretty hard.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No clue, I guess it depends on how big a tournament may end up, like if there's a tourney with 30+ people then I might come.. though probably at least 1 more month before I come down again.

Walt

Smash Ace
Nah falco is king homo. And Marth is the most respectable of the top tiers I think, requires really accurate timing with his moves and being the least stupid in movement.

Mr. Ganondorf still owes me like $12 for buying his dinner after GSG2.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Everyone has their own definition of gay. I think have an unbeatable approach and projectile is pretty gay. Honestly, I'm pretty good against falco, and I still think he is ubbbbber gay!

:phone:

Ace55

Smash Lord
Fox being a respectable character blows my mind, and I play PAL...

Jiggs is the gayest IMO.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I can understand where falco hate comes from, but i personally just love playing against falcos and playing as falco. It's always a heated match, unless the falco sucks, then it's just funny what kind of stupid gimp combos you can pull.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Kage, you are smart to ban FD. It makes your character infinitely more 1 dimensional. Falcons should ban FD as well.

My falco isn't that bad, I just don't enjoy playing him.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage, you are smart to ban FD. It makes your character infinitely more 1 dimensional. Falcons should ban FD as well.

My falco isn't that bad, I just don't enjoy playing him.
I disagree with that, you should just ban what you feel is wrong for you or what's better for your style. Falcon or Ganon on FD can be pretty devastating still. For me, FD sucks *** with any character.

Superspright

Smash Lord
FD is the only stage I do bad on. My friend says it's a no bs stage. And he's right. My ganon moves like molasses on that stage. I need platforms for mobility and edge-cancels and stuff. Without that I am not so great. My movement gets super predictable.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
FD is the only stage I do bad on. My friend says it's a no bs stage. And he's right. My ganon moves like molasses on that stage. I need platforms for mobility and edge-cancels and stuff. Without that I am not so great. My movement gets super predictable.
I do train on FD just as much as I train with other stages because it definitely allows me to see different options and it improves my ground game a lot better. Since there's no platforms then it's all about how good you are with spacing and movement choice. Without any platforms, you have to approach everything differently.. you can't focus on them for movement anymore. =P

And then once I have a good understanding then I can use platforms to bait stuff rather than focusing on platforms to move around and be too predictable with the movement. You know what I mean?

Superspright

Smash Lord
That's a good idea. I know I'm too dependent on platforms. Combos on anything other than BF, or Yoshi's don't come about too often.

Walt

Smash Ace
I don't like FD as ganon or sheik just because it's sooo boring to play as them without platforms.

Palpi

Smash Hero
FD is my counterpick, but I play fox. Unless...I can get chaingrabbed, then **** that ****. Pokemon stadium/yoshis all the way. I agree, especially with my style platforms allow me to have a different way of mobility, with all characters.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
FD isn't bad for Ganon.

sh ff perfect waveland and max length wavedashes will give you the speed you need to keep up. On FD you can techchase all ****ing day and you have plenty of room to space attacks. Step your defense and techchasing up enough and I promise you'll love FD as Ganon.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, sometimes platforms can be a blessing and a curse. i played dop for a long time yesterday, and i could tell that he was reading a lot of my platform choices. i never did quite take a match, though i came close a few times. the peach matchup is really even, but it's really hard to actually get under her for combos. i didn't ever really try to grab turnips, cause of his approach angle...i was pretty much afraid. his turnip to fair angle didn't feel like it left me the right kind of spacing to grab the turnip and get away with it...it's hard to explain. also, don't try to punish dsmash on platforms with a charged upsmash. something about the initial hitbox of the dsmash will suck you in, even if you don't jump. pissed me off. however, if you use the first hit of the usmash to clank the dsmash, the second one will it. trial and error hurts sometimes. if you read it though. you're probably better off just crouching and punishing with an aerial. but that thing lets her go in shield quick so...don't miss.

ok, now i'm just rambling about the peach matchup. but yeah, playing dop was really fun, but really hard. never underestimate the range of djc's. djcbair goes FAR.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
True that, djc bair is **** lol.

I love playing dop. He seems to win 3/4 of the matches I play with him, I'd have to be extremely on point to take a set. Peach is one of the chars I like fighting on fd for easier spacing.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Yo, magus... How bout that question about AC bair? I know you namesearched by now broseph

but seriously, if you do know the specifics about it's(AC bair pivot grab) legitimacy that would be cool man.

Top Bottom