• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like stages like BF/ FoD against Peach. IDK about Ganon. I'd probably go for FD because Ganon doesn't really have superior mobility or anything.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I find Ganon vs Peach on FD hard as ****. lol. I find it easier to avoid lots of things Peach does on platforms and stuff. But I mean it's pretty tough to explain how lower level works anymore.. because I can only compare to the top players now.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Kage that surprises me, especially with you. FD is pretty legit for spacing and dthrow > aerial (or the occasional usmash) combos. I did well against macd there and do well against dop.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I find Ganon vs Peach on FD hard as ****. lol. I find it easier to avoid lots of things Peach does on platforms and stuff. But I mean it's pretty tough to explain how lower level works anymore.. because I can only compare to the top players now.
baiting peach's d-smash on platforms all day!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage that surprises me, especially with you. FD is pretty legit for spacing and dthrow > aerial (or the occasional usmash) combos. I did well against macd there and do well against dop.
Fd has always been my worst stage ever.. or maybe it's just because I keep losing to my friends there because they know me too much and on FD it's even harder lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Why is it that platforms are more fair than no platforms? Do they add so much dynamic in both offense and defense that the lack of them degenerates play?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No it doesn't, it depends on the player's style. For me, it sucks yes... or at least I think so. And I mean platforms do prevent and add A LOT of things. lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I like the mixups and approach options they provide, not just the defensive options. I think lack of platforms favors offense more than defense, though.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Even though my best stage is probably FD. I do love my platform game. I agree that it adds different aspects of the defensive and approaching game.

Linguini

Smash Master
In the end it all comes down to preference, but ganon can do work on fd. You know exactly what you are getting in to when you pick the stage: set combo's and straightforward approaches.

I personally like FD a lot but I like all the neutrals besides FoD pretty evenly. Against peach d throw--> whatever on fd is nice to have but if you don't know how to get around camping the stage can be terrible for ganon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Here's what you can do on FD vs someone else. Try to use wavedashing and dashdancing and using only grounded moves.. see how good your poking and zoning skills are. =P I know it's a bit dumb but perhaps you'll be able to see your correct range with all your moves that way. Then you can add aerials doing the same practice. I think the precision is pretty important for all that.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
There's a tournament coming up here in Albuquerque, and I'll be the only Ganon main attending, save for TommyDerMeister, whom might enter Melee, but doesn't play much anymore.

Guess I'm one of the few repping the king of evil out here in the West. Any tips vs aggro peach/turnip camping peach and campy sheik would be highly appreciated.

I wish I could get some matches up, damn it. :/

DippnDots

Feral Youth
peach is really hard for ganon, you want to stay close enough to punish her if she tries to pull up a turnip, but you don't necessarily want to approach her constantly, unless you're like really good, i suck at the match up and have better luck floating around and waiting for her to try to push in. She can cover most of ganons tech options by pretty much straight reaction. Just don't get too close to her, but don't be too far away, like i said im not too good at the match up but thats what seems to work best for me. oh and, make your grabs count... if you can reverse uair it's usually better than a bair when it comes to edgeguarding, unless the bair will outright kill her

Walt

Smash Ace
At like 0% I think you can probably dthrow> nair trying for both hits. The standard dthrow>uair probably works otherwise and dthrow>bair if they DI back at mid percent. At like 70-90 dthrow>usmash works. I forget which DI that is. They can DI back or forth enough to not get hit but try it anyways. I don't think I grab peach much as ganon so I'm not sure.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
hey blackchris, i just realized you were truedarkness once upon a time, and that i never got back to you about what tournaments i'd be at. I finally have a job now and with summer coming up i'm hoping to make to more tournaments.

edit: i enter under Darkwing Duck now too

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
What options does Ganon have on Peach out of D-Throw?
d-throw fair is really good at high percents when they can't nair out of it.

At like 0% I think you can probably dthrow> nair trying for both hits. The standard dthrow>uair probably works otherwise and dthrow>bair if they DI back at mid percent. At like 70-90 dthrow>usmash works. I forget which DI that is. They can DI back or forth enough to not get hit but try it anyways. I don't think I grab peach much as ganon so I'm not sure.
lol, dthrow nair is trash. you can uair, and if they di into for some reason, get another uair out to a possible fair.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
0% - you have time for a uair (pivot uair if they di behind) but I recommend up angled ftilt for ease.

30% ish - bair is now legit for di behind

High% - fair/bair

:phone:
I'd rather not risk the trade with Peach's nair, but yeah. Up-angled ftilt, or a jab if they choose to DI in at low percents.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah, upsmash is a great KO follow up of dthrow if they don't di around 60-65% ish.

As far as trading with Peach's nair, you have to be familiar with her stun and know exactly when she can nair out. I basically never get nair'd since I stick to guaranteed followups that always hit before her stun wears off. Usually if they are trying to nair out they won't be DI'ing (unless you're pro as **** and hold the c-stick during dthrow animation and continue to spam nair, which gives you the ability to ASDI) and you can get another attack in.

Linguini

Smash Master
So then, how do YOU get around camping to make FD a good stage for Ganon?
It's all about the approach and boxing them in, because that's what ganon is best at. To do this you need to be able to predict whether your opponent is committing to offense or defense. Based on this many tactics work like: running up to someone and grabbing their shield, sh wavelanding to jab/tilt if being fox laser camped, run cc jab for nairs, sh uair to waveland f-tilt.

My favorite being full hop double uair.....especially when both hits connect.

But anyways it's just a mental game to begin with....the rest is just being able succeed in the application of your tech skill without fail.

Play more Street Figther, and I guarentee you guys will get better at playing on Final D.
lol kinda true
What options does Ganon have on Peach out of D-Throw?
I think the only one that hasn't been said already is turn around up smash. Some peaches know how to di into that spot that is a little back and behind you. If you just turnaround usmash it ***** that ****** with the tip of the d!ck sweetspot as I like to call it.:cool:

edit: why the fvck is biatch censored and d!ck isn't.....the boards fail

Linguini

Smash Master
OMG DOUBLE POST I HOPE I DON'T GET AN INFRACTION

My combo video is almost done, just music too add an some minor editing. Should be done by the end of the week!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yo, guini, I'm gettin beat by falco on fd just from straight fullhops. I need a better aanswer than uairr, cuz he mixes up how he comes down. It can be ffdair, dair, nair, or he just falls back if I do uair. Letting him in on myy shield is a clear problem, but I can't back out or go through under. Any ideas?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Fullhops? I'm pretty sure you can react to the fullhop, with a FH fair before they are capable of doing anything. That's what I do if I predict the Falco to jump like that. But you'll see it's really risky because high level players will not jump when you want to. lol. But I know lower players do that too many times. Ive gotten a lot better at the spacies matchup in general I think.. but it's still pretty gay, gotta play on point with that reaction. =P

G. Vice

Smash Lord
OMG DOUBLE POST I HOPE I DON'T GET AN INFRACTION

My combo video is almost done, just music too add an some minor editing. Should be done by the end of the week!
Can't wait, I've been looking forward to this for some time! Should be broken.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Fullhops? I'm pretty sure you can react to the fullhop, with a FH fair before they are capable of doing anything. That's what I do if I predict the Falco to jump like that. But you'll see it's really risky because high level players will not jump when you want to. lol. But I know lower players do that too many times. Ive gotten a lot better at the spacies matchup in general I think.. but it's still pretty gay, gotta play on point with that reaction. =P
in some situations, i can get him on the way up, but imagine it being more like he just hit me with a laser. insted of coming in with a dair, he fullhops over. i'm in too much stun to cut off the jump, but uair only beats dair when it's actually up there, which isn't long at all, and actually takes a little while. it's really quite a problem. on most other stages, he'd be forced to land on the top platform and then act from there, which is a lot easier to react to than a clean fullhop. it really is an odd tactic. i should play him again soon, and i'll be working on my own answers for it. but once the falco is up there...it just feels like a really awkward situation for ganon.

Top Bottom