• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but I can't let 194 live through another day. He has to go.

Joker can you detonate during buy phase?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Why not?

As per the rules, Kevin, it's stay. Deal, *****.

:phone:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I really can't in good conscious let someone we know is capable of a guaranteed kill toMorrow go through.

The play just doesn't seem optimal NL.

Think about it he can give away the bomb tomorrow and then blow it up.. idk if you remember but that ENDS THE DAY.

So lets look at situations

A.

Lynch 194 he flips scum (pretty much positive of this as is everyone else)
NKill
One Bomb Goes Off, Day Ends
Nkill

Most likely situation in my mind.

B

Lynch Joker
Nkill
Lynch 194

It just seems like the safest option

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
It only ends the day if he blows up town. If he hits scum, it continues. There will be two bombs out tomorrow, correct? Let's put them both on Riddle by the day start. Since a player is notified when they receive a bomb, it's not as if Joker will be able to deceive us.

We lynch 194
NKill
Bomb Riddle
Continue day
Lynch Joker

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Kary gave Joker back the bomb he got. Joker gives that to Riddle. Riddle gets the notification. Riddle confirms. Joker gives me (or someone else a bomb) over night, I (or someone else) confirm. Give it to Riddle over the buy phase. Blow Riddle up the next day. Continue the day upon Riddle scum flip. Lynch Joker.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Kary gave Joker back the bomb he got. Joker gives that to Riddle. Riddle gets the notification. Riddle confirms. Joker gives me (or someone else a bomb) over night, I (or someone else) confirm. Give it to Riddle over the buy phase. Blow Riddle up the next day. Continue the day upon Riddle scum flip. Lynch Joker.
Joker would give his Kary-Bomb to Riddle during the BuyPhase at the same time you give Riddle the bomb, right?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Just explain the wording from the bomb pm for me again, please.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I don't know when they can be passed around if they have already been out. Like if Joker can pass the one he just got back from Kary during this phase. The one I got, I had to pass by the end of the buy phase.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Alrighty. The only problem I have with that is what makes Joker give his bomb to Riddle instead of... idk, not-Riddle?

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Then worse case scenario is he kills a townie. we still have controll over another bomb. And if Joker deviates he just condemns himself.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Well, he's already condemned, so like... I don't see how we can get through this without losing a townie. I'd rather go with Joker first.

NL you're a vig, right?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Must've missed/forgotten your answer.

Talk to me about Cards, NL. Is it good to let everyone know what cards do?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I believe Joker may be able to screw us over by giving the bomb to someone other than who we say (well, who I say). But I don't think he's likely to do that tomorrow (D4), because as Indy, if he has any brains at all, there's no way he can win if he does so.
as Indy, there's a chance that if he plays ball tomorrow, he could win after that.

So I think we lynch who we like toDay

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That was a really good card purchase.

KevMo is fine. I'll go bust if you want.

Reading, but I'll the rest of the day after I catch up, in all likelihood. I have a doctor's appointment two hours away and have to be back here in the same day.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, Kevin's reasoning on his reads has been nearly identical to my own and more. Unless he's been doing some mad bussing, I just don't see his play as scum.

Plus I don't think we really need to get into that when we still have 194, Riddle, and Joker. If the game is still going on after we've lynched those three, then I'd be more inclined to look at Kev.
Mine as well, but that just means he's playing to the read he gained. It means he was pushing the read he gained. The thing is, anyone can do that as any alignment. Especially when they feel they have a weak link in their scum team. The part that I was afraid of was when he backed off his read for some super weak stuff.

Anyway, the priceless card I drew was an investigative. I popped it as soon as Day Phase started to prevent another Joker and I targeted Kevin.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm sorry but I can't let 194 live through another day. He has to go.

Joker can you detonate during buy phase?
Bro, you're not letting him through tomorrow. I'm not letting him through tomorrow. We're not both going tonight. Everyone in the town knows that he's getting lynched tomorrow. There is literally no salvaging his slot tomorrow, so we deal with Joker, and THEN we lynch him. 194 will die and 194 will flip scum, but I don't want to be put in an unwinnable situation because we didn't lynch a freaking Arsonist.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It only ends the day if he blows up town. If he hits scum, it continues. There will be two bombs out tomorrow, correct? Let's put them both on Riddle by the day start. Since a player is notified when they receive a bomb, it's not as if Joker will be able to deceive us.

We lynch 194
NKill
Bomb Riddle
Continue day
Lynch Joker
Counter hypothetical:

But then you get night killed, Joker gives the new bomb at the start of the phase to Riddle (assume scum for the purposes of this theoretical), who gives the bomb to me. Joker is holding the bomb given to him by Kary and he gives that one to Kevin.

BOOM!

BSL gets NKilled.

Next day starts with Orbo, Kary, Riddle, and Joker with at least two scum among them (assuming single mafia left).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't know when they can be passed around if they have already been out. Like if Joker can pass the one he just got back from Kary during this phase. The one I got, I had to pass by the end of the buy phase.
The entire claim has been built around multiple passing. His broken tracking device, it getting harder to figure out where bombs are based on how long it's been, him being unable to detonate while he holds one.

Bet on them being passable.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I believe Joker may be able to screw us over by giving the bomb to someone other than who we say (well, who I say). But I don't think he's likely to do that tomorrow (D4), because as Indy, if he has any brains at all, there's no way he can win if he does so.
as Indy, there's a chance that if he plays ball tomorrow, he could win after that.

So I think we lynch who we like toDay
Completely depends on

1.) Whether he can joint.
2.) Whether he thinks he can get another phase.

Going 1v1v2 (two town) could possibly buy him enough time to obtain anything that would allow him to get through that night phase or end the game, given the card system.

Without his win con, you cannot know his motivation.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ryker, bounce things with me.

I'm concerned in case scum isn't 194/Joker/Riddle

If Joker's arsonist, who's the firefighter?

Can you link me to a previous game with an arsonist in it?

Is it possible that Joker's role is anti-town rather than scum?

Why did you investigate Kevin as opposed to Joker?

I feel like Joker is getting lynched on his claim- possibility he's just there to hinder town?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Next day starts with Orbo, Kary, Riddle, and Joker with at least two scum among them (assuming single mafia left).
As a worse case scenario, this isn't that bad. I'm town, Joker confirmed to be indy, which leaves Orbo/Riddle, which I'm sure I can figure out. Lynch mafia then indy.
Or I'm missing something; but my point is, don't overblow the threat Joker poses just to get him lynched.

Going 1v1v2 (two town) could possibly buy him enough time to obtain anything that would allow him to get through that night phase or end the game, given the card system.

Without his win con, you cannot know his motivation.
No, but you can make a good guess. What do you think Joker's motivation is?

And you CAN make assumptions about the setup. Does Joker's role really make sense as an Indy, given the havoc it causes? You said yourself it could screw over the mafia within a couple days. Is there likely to be a card that can give Joker the win?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Vote Joker

Ok here's how I think this game should be going.

We lynch Joker today it gives us the single safest lynch of the Day, I really don't find myself swinging off this lynch anytime soon.

I am going to

Ask Card

I am currently sitting on an 8.

Tomorrow we lynch 194

Riddle/Orbo has to be the pool from there I'm almost positive.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, bounce things with me.

I'm concerned in case scum isn't 194/Joker/Riddle
That's what I'm worried about too, but in that case, scum is either 194/Joker/Orbo or 194/Joker/You. MAAAAAAAAYBE BSL, but I would have to have COMPLETELY misinterpreted something earlier this game. However, that will be further limited down when we mass claim tomorrow.

If Joker's arsonist, who's the firefighter?
Probably doesn't exist. It's not a given in an Arsonist set-up and Joker has less control over the targets than a traditional Arsonist.

Can you link me to a previous game with an arsonist in it?
Not off the top of my head. I have seen them, but I haven't seen them in a loooooooooong time. Like, not since I took a break from DGames and came back like two years ago. Ask Kevin because he's old as dirt.

Is it possible that Joker's role is anti-town rather than scum?
In bizarro world, yes. However, the role is not one that a mostly sane mod, or even I, would put on a town team. Even taking away completely the antitown connotation of his role, Day 2 was absolutely horrifying and is hinged on you buying that he panicked and ended the day before anything could happen without talking about it. Also without thinking about it because that would lead to talking about it. He thought he could walk with it, but miscalculated.

Why did you investigate Kevin as opposed to Joker?
That is literally the only way I'm going to peg Kevin if he is scum. What I got would not net us any new information on Joker.

I feel like Joker is getting lynched on his claim- possibility he's just there to hinder town?
Set-up wise or what? He's getting lynched because he's grimy as **** and can possibly take us out of the game toMorrow.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
As a worse case scenario, this isn't that bad. I'm town, Joker confirmed to be indy, which leaves Orbo/Riddle, which I'm sure I can figure out. Lynch mafia then indy.
Or I'm missing something; but my point is, don't overblow the threat Joker poses just to get him lynched.
But that's the ****ing thing. Joker doesn't cooperate with you if he doesn't have another detonation to win. Mafia doesn't shoot Joker because they have no reason to.

Even if he doesn't have another detonation, then he has to aim for prisoner's dilemma and get town to side with him over mafia.

I don't get how you think that is supposed to be a good thing!

No, but you can make a good guess. What do you think Joker's motivation is?
To be the last man standing. Possibly to eliminate town and survive to end game.

And you CAN make assumptions about the setup. Does Joker's role really make sense as an Indy, given the havoc it causes? You said yourself it could screw over the mafia within a couple days. Is there likely to be a card that can give Joker the win?
YES! YES IT DOES!

Sure, that Vase card he was describing sounds like exactly what he would need. A card that grants bulletproof or lynch immunity. A card that grants a double vote. A card that voteblocks. A card that let's you switch yourself with another player on night actions. There are a LOT of things he could draw that could help him out and he can always go to the random pack if he can't get one normally.

Top Bottom