• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need this deleted or locked please. NO BUMPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yeah last time you played me I had gone to one tournament and was maining falco. Pretty sure it wouldn't work out the same way it did then if we played now.

Mana, $2 MM, peach v falcon? Should be easy money. Also Kyu and KID might have a side bet on that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol. anybody that still plays melee right now is probably madd good. im not judging based on anything,I just put money on my boy mana cus he da bez mayne...

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Yo TML I wreck you get the **** out of here.

also I like how this tournament is getting more posts and hype after it flopped. LOL

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you're only a tournament director dude. i'm a smash master.

and yeah, f this tournament. i wanted to come and stuff =/

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
accepted !!!!!

i'm officially leaving this topic because it blows, any mm's proposed to me after this post are instantly accepted with the stakes doubled

edit: and good sig roman, it actually got me interested =)

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
SO MUCH BEEF... One of these days I'll be able to talk **** to more people than Banks here and T. Webb lmao.

But for real Dave, back there around page 28 you went kinda hard man.

/2cents

~MOP

dudutsai

Smash Lord
LOL

TML just came and ripped through all of MA. Chill out, this is why I have such a hard time taking most of you seriously.

Look forward to seeing these MMs go down.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
1. Is there a new thread or are you just re using this thread?

2. I hope your venue isn't too much because 2 day events with such short notice is probably a bad choice.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
1. Is there a new thread or are you just re using this thread?

2. I hope your venue isn't too much because 2 day events with such short notice is probably a bad choice.
1. I'm just using this thread

2. $250 is definitely affordable hehe . Technically, Friday isn't an event day - as there are no events on Friday. It's basically a smashfest and the day where people who want to get a hotel room come and spend the night. I don't expect many people to come on Friday this time, but I have the place for free on Friday so mind as well. I'm not aiming for something huge this time; there was really nothing going on in May so I fixed that problem by holding another event. Plus I had the opportunity to claim this date, so I did. I don't care much for attendance this time, because now that I have a cheaper rent fee I don't need to be worried.

EDIT:

WOW I'M AN IDIOT!!! Mass Madness Melee is the same day, so I can't have Melee. I can still have Brawl though. I'll update the thread tomorrow, gotta go to sleep.

EDIT: This is on the same day as Mass Madness.... can't come. Unless you change the date, I doubt any Melee people will go
Yeah, I'm not going to change the date to conflict with Matt's tournament. Again, I'll update tomorrow.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Might come. If I come, I'll help run Melee if nobody else wants to.

EDIT: This is on the same day as Mass Madness.... can't come. Unless you change the date, I doubt any Melee people will go

Prawn

Smash Master
whats the hotel situation exactly again? can we get all the details

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Brian's Restaurant - For those not wanting McDonalds but rather have a leisure meal
91 Providence Road on RT 122
Whitinsville, MA 01588
Approximately 7 minutes from the venue
That place is delicious!!! Everyone ever should eat there!

Bloodcross no worries about the schedule thing.... I appreciate what you are trying to do!

The next week is the other half of Mass Madness and June 27th is my HUGE event in Foxboro... just a heads up!

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
So using this thread to advertise and effectively highlighting your failure is a terrible idea. Basically anyone who sees this thread who didn't previously will read from the beginning and immediately decide not to come based on your track record, at the very least they'll be skeptical and neither of those choices bodes well for you. Ideally you'd start a new thread and do your best to bury Groat and start things over by not trying to over extend yourself or your reputation by running events with the assumption that just because it's happening people will show up.

For the record I'm not trying to be a **** by the way. Just being blunt on the subject. I'm glad you decided to try and host Groat and I'm quite glad you decided to give it another go. Hopefully this one goes better and you can move on to bigger and better things as far as tournament hosting goes.

Good Luck BC.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Yeah, I really would recommend changing the date to some point in June.

If you end up doing this please check the Tournament listings section.

June 27th is a Sunday Tournament. Game Underground Music and Gaming Festival.

It would honestly potentially be beneficial to both tournaments if you did a Saturday event.

Anybody know how close or far these venues are from each other?

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
It's no problem OWM, I know what you're getting at. I doubt I can make a new thread now, though. I really don't care much for reputation as a host despite the fact that me trying to make my previous tournament as big as it can be would seemingly make it apparent that I DO care about rep (is aware of my own contradiction derp)... but I truly don't. I'm simply just providing my region more tournaments.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but what I am saying is that I'm not worried about it. If anyone points out my failure I'll simply reply and say, "Yes I did, first time johns but now I got this" or something. Thanks bro... but don't call it groat. You said it yourself, gotta bury the past. ;)

Regarding a date change, I apologize but I cannot change the date. But to be quite honest, the only people that I know of in this region that play both Melee and Brawl competitively are Darc and Dazwa... and maybe Prawn too since he hosts Melee tournaments (but even so he's still mainly Brawl). I'm not trying to be selfish, I'm just under the assumption that rarely anyone plays both Melee and Brawl and if they do they'll prefer Melee (ex: Darc +Dazwa). In fact, I would want MM to gain as much attendees as possible just as much as you do, Matt. But I really can't change the date

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
One of the first rules of TOing is checking the dates of tournaments in your area, dude...

Even a loss of 2-3 players hurts a tournament.
Making players choose between events is never a good thing. Next time you plan on running something make sure your date doesn't **** with the dates of other tournaments in the area.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
One of the first rules of TOing is checking the dates of tournaments in your area, dude...

Even a loss of 2-3 players hurts a tournament.
Making players choose between events is never a good thing. Next time you plan on running something make sure your date doesn't **** with the dates of other tournaments in the area.
I did check... for Brawl tourneys but not Melee, I'll admit. You are right, but believe me... only Brawl players will go to my tourney, and only Melee players will go to your tourney. I also just got confirmation that Dazwa/Darc are going to MM.

Everything will be fine don't you think? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom