• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need this deleted or locked please. NO BUMPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
When did the mm multiply by 10? And seriously you're not going to beat me... ask sai how this match-up goes.
Arent you the guy that lost to JesiahTEG at SNES because me and Pikapika trashtalked you too hard?

You arent gonna beat mana, ill make sure of it. lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
last time we played i beat you half drunk and half asleep. pretty sure these days i can do it totally drunk and passed out

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
TheManaLord is ****ing famous. I miss you bro. :(

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
SPAWN it has been a seriously long time O_O

Our paths will cross again! =)

Staying at PC's house was too good. I was just remembering how you beasted on sminkledorfs (sp??) ganon with your zelda literally for hours. HOURS. He would not stop. You didn't drop a single game iirc.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't think it was shminkledorf (player who was at ROM but not PC's). I did beast on Aiser though with Zelda. You also remembered correctly, I did not lose a single game with ZELDA.

Mana, I know I'm not worthy of you, but who are you teaming with? Also who do you use, still the manliest character in the game?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Matt dotzebs place.
i remember hubble, rtf, you, maine... even if i did play him i think tournaments count more than smashfest friendlies:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223824

beat zoso, trees (a really good falcon who played w/ elen and kdj), went to game 3 with scar, and outplaced tml. actually i 4 stocked trees and then beat him on pokefloats... so i think i know the match-up pretty well...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
@SPAWN

Yesss it was Aiser!

I'm not sure about teams or if I'm 100% confirmed for this. But if you want to team I am totally down. I still use Falcon in tournament mostly, but Sheik Fox Puff Marth Zelda and my other equally efficient secondaries are capable of being played ^_^

This will be so much fun!

@Kyu

Again I was ****ed up for that tournament and I remember playing you a lot in friendlies there was doubles action going on how can't you remember.

In tourny DJN started camping me hard and I quit the set because my head was too pounding to deal with his gay *** ****. BUT NO JOHNS you outplaced me, if it gives you the false confidence you need to feel good about entering this MM with me then by all means take it.

I remember sleeping next to mad beer cans in PC's kitchen. **** was off the hook! Mad ppl were there, drephen and col bol wtf **** hungrybox too.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Mana, I'm like 30% confirmed for this. I also might be hungover if I go since it's Spring weekend at Uconn. We should be like team "Hangover" LOL.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Just 2 more weeks everyone.

I would more rooms booked. If you want to book a room I suggest letting me know as well as your roommates.

Also, DONT FORGET TO BRING SETUPS. Sure I'm forgetful in updating the thread, making me pretty **** hypocritical :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Prawn, only if it gets recorded and put on YT.

BC, I want/need a room, but I dont know know who all im bringing with me just yet, its possible its going to be just me...

Prawn

Smash Master
yo KID that sounds fine, I'll bring my setup and put it up the day after

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Shurley, ErikG, and Sails calling room 126 on Friday. May be two more of us.
Good stuff, thank you.

I'll update this thread as best as I can in terms of motel rooms and the possible attendants.

Edit: Btw Kid Goggles, if all goes well who do you plan on bringing to GROAT? Pikapika? San? Melee vets?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Aight, I got a bit of a dilemma.

My region is having a local smash tourney on the 24th.

The nearby college is having an anime/gaming con the 24th as well.
The con going on is going to have a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom tourney. And based on the current scene and level of players and where they could be in 2 weeks compared to where I would be in two weeks if I start practicing up again, basically means that if I were to go, I would be guaranteed nothing less than 2nd place. Which is money.

Ive basically decided that if I were to go to a smash tourney that weekend, it would be GROAT. But im torn between coming to this, seeing a whole bunch of old friends and new people and having a semi decent shot at placing in the money, or going to my first ever tvc tourney and practically being guaranteed 1st/2nd place.

i know you guys want hype for your tourney, and want tons of people to come but Im going to be unbiased and ask what yall think I should do.

Also, something to factor in. Since theres a con, and an in-region tourney the same day, If I do come to this, so far, Im assuming Im going to be driving the 7 hours and showing up by myself. Which means nobody to defer travel and hotel costs. (MAYYYYYYBBBEEE I can convince san to come with me, but hes going to MLG in Florida this week so hes probably going to be too penniless and burnt out by school to travel [he went to texas for whobo 2 weeks ago, he drove an hour.5 to rochester and back for a local tourney last week, and hes going to FL this weekend while still having a huge workload every week at Cornell University])

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I''ll definitely be going to this. I'll be coming from Albany area if someone needs a ride and is willing to help out with gas.

Anachromy

Smash Rookie
Count me in as confirmed.

I can volunteer my Brawl Setup (unmodded) and possibly a 27" TV. if I can shoehorn it into my car.

I'll be arriving for the Brawl event only.

looking forward to next saturday!

Sails

Smash Ace
I'm willing to bring a setup but it depends on your view of a modded console. It has a modchip and a black dashboard, with a legit copy of the game. I know there is some worry about people hiding codes in an IOS to change the game, so I'd like to know what the plan is (Even though someone could hide the fact that they modified their console/an IOS). If I did bring my Wii, I could also potentially take a small ~19" TV along for the ride. No promises as the car may be filled with people.

Edit: Are springless controllers allowed? The original post doesn't go in to detail on controller mods...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
da Kid, I wouldn't go to this if I were you and I'd just go to the tvc tourny. I mean if you had a carride full and other people were expecting you to drive them then I'd say just go... however... you don't. :( There's going to be PLENTY of tournaments this summer. If you don't think you can win tvc in the future, why not just win that, then wait a few more weeks and go to some other tournament in the near future. If you don't win tvc then we got some problems with you LOL.

I'm also torn on going to this because Uconn's spring weekend is that weekend and I really really like to drink haha.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Just a reminder to everyone that GROAT (Greatest Regional Of All Time!) is this weekend. So prepare your overdose of HYPE! As this really is looking like our "Greatest Regional Of All Time" in New England.

We are just above the 100 mark for Brawl attendees and about 40 for Melee attendees, but there is plenty of room for more to come.

Updates:

• Snacks/drinks/pizza will be sold during Brawl/Melee day.
  • I will be guaranteeing at least 7 TV's from ME ALONE - so expect a ton of setups.
  • We got the venue for infinite time - no closing time
  • On Friday, the check-in time is 6PM or after - just a reminder that Friday is the smashfest and day for SSB64. Couple that with a pizza party and throw in a bunch of party games such as Mario Party, DDR, etc.
  • On Brawl day, we are considering Pools. Since there is no limit to how long we have the venue for, I would think Pools would be a great addition - however only if we get 5 people + 1 TV per pool, which is definitely possible. As for Melee, up to you guys really.
  • Looking to hold a raffle, however I don't have much to raffle off I'm afraid - would be too much work as well, your thoughts?

Important:
We've booked quite a few rooms now, but definitely could use more. If you are a single individual and don't want to pay the $88 per room (by yourself) please let me know and I'll try to arrange a preferable roommate for you. The cost is $22 per person for a 4 person room. That would be great, thanks.

If there are anymore updates I will let you know of them. Also if you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
ok i got in trouble big time with parents (long story)...so theres NO way ill be making this unless someone (PLZ) coming from southern ct or NY/NJ can pick me up on the way/drop me off home as well. ill give 10 for gas....i live in new haven so if anyone could do that it would be greatly appreciated.

if not, then gl to everyone

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
ok i got in trouble big time with parents (long story)...so theres NO way ill be making this unless someone (PLZ) coming from southern ct or NY/NJ can pick me up on the way/drop me off home as well. ill give 10 for gas....i live in new haven so if anyone could do that it would be greatly appreciated.

if not, then gl to everyone
BS Tyler BS. Wait a day or two then try to get them to take you :( But if not...

Someone help this man out. And I mean it when I say man. Big man in fact. Big man with a good sense of life.

Sails

Smash Ace
Updates:

• Snacks/drinks/pizza will be sold during Brawl/Melee day.
  • We got the venue for infinite time - no closing time
  • On Friday, the check-in time is 6PM or after - just a reminder that Friday is the smashfest and day for SSB64. Couple that with a pizza party and throw in a bunch of party games such as Mario Party, DDR, etc.
  • On Brawl day, we are considering Pools. Since there is no limit to how long we have the venue for, I would think Pools would be a great addition - however only if we get 5 people + 1 TV per pool, which is definitely possible. As for Melee, up to you guys really.
The greatest regional of all time just got greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom