• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Smashville is a nice place... :D

Ledges don't gimp you, similiar to Battlefield... The moving platform can help with recovery sometimes too...

Also, the platform helps with Ike's pressure at times... xP

I believe that the side blast zones are closer than usual, which means even EARLIER kills for Ike...

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps alternate between grabbing on the ledge with aether or landing on the moving platform (that I lothe:urg:) to mix it up a bit. reverse aether definitely would come in handy here if the opponent is knocked to an angle and is trying to recover. And pratically everything else that applied to battlefield would also apply to here.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Smashville is quite equal to FD, but adds surprise platforms. So it is better than FD. Question is, HOW MUCH?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I personally hate the stage. No flipping clue why, I just can't play well at Smashville. I think I've won......3 matches there maybe? I find the main platform to be too small for my playing style, and it doesn't have the nice platforms of BF to counter balance that fact. Basically, it's a mini FD with a moving platform that will screw you over more times then it will help. You can't really abuse it, as it's moving back and forth, and if an opponent lands on it, it caries them away from an attack that would normally hit them. And then there is the ever so fun "Spiking them with Dair but they land on the platform" event. And most of the time, Ike doesn't fly high enough up for the platform to save him from something.

The only characters I take here is Falco and Pikachu. Everyone else with a projectile can't abuse it well due to the stage's small size, and you can close the gap and only take a few hits getting there.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't like playing on Smashville with any character for some reason why. The stage is small so any character with a projectile can't spam much. The moving platform will can either save you or screw you. Characters with good recovery options can go underneath the stage but I'm not sure if that's allowed since it might be considered stalling.

I'm not sure what characters to not bring here but anybody with a projectile you should bring here.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There's something about Smashville (TN, lol) that it's not that I don't like, but would prefer not to Brawl on that stage with Ike. I think it has even smaller side-blastzones than Battlefield, but it might have the same ceiling height as FD if not just a little bit taller.

I have to admit, the good things about SV is that it doesn't have the gimping lip that FD does, it helps Ike survive longer in terms of veritcal kills, and SOMETIMES the moving platform can be used to save you in some occasions.

...Otherwise the bad things are: The platform is notorious for screwing you over more than saving your hide. Projectile users aren't too messed up (I won't go into detail, but you know that you can use the platform to get above projectiles with a horizontal trajectory, but otherwise it is just a FD without the lips.) That platform can sometimes get in the way of attacks that if it weren't tehre would've otherwise landed, and finally...ah hell everybody gets it by this point that it isn't the most favored neutral stage among the Ikes. (Anybody out there reading this like to say otherwise?)

In other news, Super Ike lives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPuKDRsy-d4

I want those instantly charged Fsmashes baby!

•Col•

Smash Champion
I don't like playing on Smashville with any character for some reason why. The stage is small so any character with a projectile can't spam much. The moving platform will can either save you or screw you. Characters with good recovery options can go underneath the stage but I'm not sure if that's allowed since it might be considered stalling.

I'm not sure what characters to not bring here but anybody with a projectile you should bring here.
I don't believe that going under the stage is stalling... o-o Unless they were like.... Going back and forth... Even then, it's very unsafe for the person to do anyway... xD

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Smashville just seems like it's Final Destination +1 but almost no reason to pick over Battlefield. The thing I do know for sure is that you never ever ever want to bring Snake to this stage. Being a Snake player also, this is my favorite stage to counterpick with. Moving mine + grenades + tilts = you screwed.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
You know characters can still get you stuck under SV like FD. The stage isn't bad for anyone but its great for people like MK.

In silvens word Ike can't gay but others can gay him here.

comboking

Smash Master
that platform can be gay too sometimes against an marth or ike that counter edgeguards aether even if you land on it they can punish u

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
the platform saves me more than hinders me. Plus I kill too much on that platform (all the way right/left) with the jab combo.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
The platform actually helps in certain matchups as you can chase enemies farther with it. I find it particularly useful against Luigi because I can Fair him during the Side B starting animation after throwing him offstage. I don't think the plataform is going to aid your opponents gimp attemps as you're going to recover from under the stage anyway.

Roager

Smash Ace
I dont hate smashville. I actually do fairly well there. Its small enough that Ike can't get projectile spammed to death, and its got no terrain features except the platform. So there's not a whole lot of running away that can be done. This makes Ike OKAY at this stage. physical combat characters do well here, and good range is very nice. Marth loves this stage, IMO. Ike... good range, and strong melee, so he likes it, but hes slow enough spacing COULD be tough, depending on opponent.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
no we don't no one waits for yagami they just move on. Just leave Ussi to die with the wolfs.

Anyways there isn't much to say about any of the neutrals they're just there. The snake boards had an awesome stage discussion thread because they started with some of the more unused stages with things going on around them that you could capitalize on.

Hardly any of the neutrals are going to qualify as counter picks for a match and most people already know them inside out including your oppnenets.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ah guys >_> I DO have a mid term on friday so I am busy. I finished the smashville part but I'm not at my home computer yet, so I'll add it once I get home. For now! We'll move on to Lynat cruise!

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Ugh..Lylat Cruise. It's a pretty alright stage I suppose. It has lower platforms than Battlefield so we can pretty much catch the opponent with and short hopped aerials or utilt/usmash or fsmash. Platforms are key against fighting projectiles characters since they can be used to platform camp and they also serve protection against Pit's arrow looping. And like Smashvile, the main platform is small, perhaps even smaller, forcing both opponent to rely on close combat skills.

As we all know, the ship tilts from side to side which can be problamatic for Ike in terms of recovery. Chances are when using Aether or QD to recover the ship may tilt away. And even if the ship didn't tilt away, it's still a pain to be caught under either wing. If we aim to get onto the stage rather than grabbing the ledge, one of three things may happen.

1. The Aether blast-off glitch will screw you over
2. Your opponent will make more of an effort to gimp you
3. Suppose you make it back over the stage, then what? Chances are that your opponent would be
in a position to punish you.

The only positive I can think of aside from the low platforms would probably be the fact that when fighting an opponent that doesnt sweetspot the ledge, that they would be subjected to the same hinderances. I personally wouldn't select this stage as a counterpick. I know I'm probably missing alot, but this is what I have to say at the moment.

XACE-K

Smash Master
For Lylat Cruise,

-The tilting can either be a pain or a good thing. The titling can mess up Ike's recovery but it can also screw up your opponents recovery. Also, the tilting can negate projectiles so this could force any characters with projectiles to fight you in close combat but they'll find a way around it.

-Abuse the platforms like with BF. I think they might be closer to the main platform but I'm not too sure.

-From what I've seen from the stage, the main platform seems to be pretty close to the bottom of the stage. This could be my eyes deceiving me but it doesn seem pretty low to it.

-Corneria music is awesome.

That's all I can think off.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
This is the best anti-Falco stage out of the Neutral stages IMO. Platforms/lasers = no getting screwed by lasers 24/7, and tilting screws over Falco's recovery more then it does yours. It's also a good stage to screw over people who have to sweetspot the ledge to recovery safely, or those like DK or Bowser, with a very linear recovery as their only option. Tilting can screw over tether recoveries a bit as well. Nothing like trying to snag the ledge, only to have it tilt away from you at the last moment. XD

Of course, the tilting can screw over Ike as well. Aether can go form grabbing the ledge to falling just short of it. Landing on it can occasionally cause the blast-off glitch.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's alright I guess, depending on who you bring here it will either be even better than BF or just about the same. some similiarities with BF is that LC:

- Has the same blastzones I suppose, maybe a higher ceiling Blastzone and an even lower floor blastzone, -making any gimp a guaranteed K.O. for even those with the bestest of the best recovery (lolol).

- Platforms are great, enough said. (although if you want me to get into detail we all know Ike has a good platform punisher game, as well as being able to uset he platforms to avoid some attacks and more.)

- If you learn the tilting of the stage, chances are you won't have any major trouble with the stage, at least not so much as your opponent would. I think with the tilting of the stage it makes dtilt gimps easier maybe when it is rising, as for when it's descending it mgiht punish anybody with a helplessness state recovery. (think of Diddy's Over-B recovery for example.)

Yeah, that's all I got for *insert Star-Trek mothership name here.*, I mean...uh, Lylat Cruise.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well this stage has the same problem as Yoshi’s island if your Aether gets shielded while you’re trying to land on the edge of the stage you’ll get sent away. You can get stuck under this stage too so you have to aim your recovery well. The platforms in this stage are even lower and smaller than the ones in battle field so you can apply some of the same tricks on them as you do on battle field and they may even work better sometimes. The stage tilting and the slants at the edge may change the way some of your attacks can work for example if the stage tilts your Fair could end a bit earlier than you wanted but that’s hardly a big deal. The kool thing about this stage is that when it moves it can stop some projectile spamming being used against you.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Our first CP, eh?

-Frigate is somewhat like Lylat where the moving platforms on both parts of the stage can help or harm you.

-The first part of the stage doesn't have a ledge so staying on the left of the stage is recommended.

-The second part of the stage is better for Ike because it has ledges on both sides and it might the blast zone on top seems to be close to the stage whenever I've played on it.

-You can platform abuse on both parts of the stage.

idk who to bring here but when I'm playing D3 on the second part of the stage, I get screwed. I'm guessing it's just me but does D3 do good here?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Xace, I'm pretty sure that D3 has some nice things to work with on FO. For the most part it's flat, meaning that his chaingrab won't have any interruptions, if anything D3 can just infinite you against the wall if you happen to be there and the platform is down.

- Frigate Orpheon First Stage.

Frigate Orpheon is a unique stage in my sense that I feel as if it is a neutral-counterpick stage because it has no noticeable capabilities other than the two-part "switcharoo." This is another stage where people with bad recoveries will have a harder time getting back onto the stage (on the right side of the first stage anyway). Since there's no ledge on the right side, this means that you HAVE to land on the platform, or you'll fall right through it. This is a bad and good thing for Ike, the bad thing is that Aether has some noticeable lag when getting back up from the drop-down attack. The good thing is that other peoples' predictable recoveries will give you an idea of where they have to go. Let's take Wolf's Fire Wolf for example, this method of recovery is already horrendous as is, adding the fact that he has to land on the platform will give you enough time to prepare yourself something for his return. One last thing to note about this platform is that when it has shifted down it leaves you with the potential to infinite-grab your opponent until something interferes with you. (be it the platform is rising back up, the stage is switching to the next, your mother is yelling at you for not doing your homework.)

- Frigate Orpheon in General.

A thing I notice about both parts of the stages is that sometimes platforms will come from the side, like the ghosts on Yoshi' Island. If the platforms happen to be there and you know you have no way to get back on the main platform, this can save you and your enemies from certain death. one more common attribute both have is that that have a platform on the main stage, giving you something to work with with your platform-game. Last but not least the sirens go off when they are going to change into the other stage...just make sure you aren't doing anything that would get you killed...

- Frigate Orpheon Second Stage.

At first sight, you will see that this stage has both ledges on the sides, and a dip in the middle along with a platform just a little bit above it. You can use the middle-dip to say...avoid Falco's lazer camp for example? Anyway like I said before you can use the middle to avoid any projectiles that go completely straight, and you can come from down-under if a dash-attack.

In short, I would suugest bringing anybody with a great projectile game because the stage itself is rather small, and again the dip in the middle of the second stage will mess that up, and anybody with a bad recovery will also be hindered by the lack-of-ledge on the first stage. Just be warned that with certain enemies like D3 and MK will have less trouble with with this stage than you would, not to mention that you fall into the category of horrible recoveries...use this stage at your own risk and only if you are comfortable enough to work with the consequences...

Edit: SLOW INTERNET IS SLOW! Anyway Ussi shouldn't we cover Yoshi's island (Brawl) since it's the last neutral before we move on to anymore Counterpicks?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^ you can only get like 2 throws before the platform comes back up again and on many characters the wall isn't tall enough to chain grab them. I would suggest coming up with follow ups to build up damage instead like using aether or doing it to set up a Usmash/Utilt.

the platforms aren't on both forms of the stage only the second one.

There are plenty of better stages to use against projectile campers hell I don't think ducking actually helps out since Ike can't crawl. All it really does is give you a short break but they aren't forced to approach in fact they can and should just keep shooting till the stage flips over so Ike has the disadvantage again.

This stage is pretty bad for Ike the right side of the 1st form doesn’t have a ledge and Aether needs ledges so you don’t get F. smashed in the face. The moving platform on the right may save you sometimes but it will screw you in the back just as much. When you think you’re going to recover the platform starts moving up and you fall hopelessly to your doom. The left side is better off like always Ike performs great under platforms. The bad thing is this has a tiny lip so make sure you don’t press towards the stage to much when you are using Aether to get back up there. The next form is a bit better for Ike you can duck to dodge some projectiles and the platforms that come at the sides can save you from some gimps. If your opponent is dumb enough to chase you there grab him and hold him a bit then do a B. throw so the platform can take him away. If you’re ahead on stocks you can just hold him and die together. Even so this stage is not good for Ike and the multiple jumpers will give you trouble.
This stage can be horrible against certain people. Well actually its horrible against anyone with a brain and the ability to throw. Once someone sees you recover from the right side of the 1st form you pretty much lost the match because they will charge there strongest Smash attack and kill you with that every time you get throw off.

D

Deleted member

backthrow to CHARGE FSMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this stage. Any stage with free power hits, Ike likes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Really? I though the sliding platforms were present on both stages. Guess ya learn something new everyday.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
backthrow to CHARGE FSMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this stage. Any stage with free power hits, Ike likes.
Good point. Pushing the opponent to the right of the stage may present you with a guaranteed Fsmash depending on their recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom