• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I see it as another anti-spacie level, except it won't work as well on Falco due to his annoying chaingrab. The lack of a ledge REALLY screws them over here. Hitting them off the right side = free charged Fsmash hit, unless Fox manages to Shine Stall long enough, in which case, it's a free AA->Dtilt.

Speaking of AA->Dtilt, that would work really well at this stage, wouldn't it? At least, at the right side of the first part. They can't grab the ledge to get invincibility frames after all.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
oh guys, I haven't forgotten this, I went to two tournies this weekend and my laptop's firewall has a problem/has a virus so I can't connect to the internet on it. So I'll try to get the 5th stage written up.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Do what ya gotta do Ussi, as long as you still come here is what matters, we need something like this anyway.

XACE-K

Smash Master
As long as it's anything with interent connection is fine by me to do this. Except the Wii. Typing with it sucks.

XACE-K

Smash Master
According to ZSS mains, Frigate isn't really a bad stage for them. You keep it like that seeing that they'll never come back to the Ike boards since the match-up discussion is done. >_> Well onto Yoshi's Island.

-Pit and MK are characters you want to bring here so they can't glide under the stage. (Charizard's glide is too slow to count.)

-Just like Randall the Cloud (if you don't know him, shame on you) from Yoshi's Story in Melee, the Support Ghost (still has no name yet) has timed appearances. If you can learn these times, you mught be able to save yourself when you're off-stage.

-You can platform abuse here. Especially when the platform is crooked.

-Be careful of the blast-off glitch. This is one stage where this can happen to you when you're recovering.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yay I've been quoted, my only problem here is that I made a typo in my sentence! But yeah Ussi replace the "if" with "with", and there ya go.

Also Xace, I think we had 5 at the most, and only ONE Zamus that kept coming back to the discussion fo foruther debate, and that was Snakeee? Anyway I'm pretty sure that they won't be coming back here unless they happen to second Ike

Anyway on to Yoshi's Island (Brawl)...

Xace is right on the point where gliders won't be able to abuse the underbelly of the stage because this one doesn't have it.

Again, he's right, but as far as I'm concerned these platform ghosts appear whenever they feel like and are a pretty good save when you know you won't make it back and they happen to pop up there...just remember the same applies for your opponent.

I love the platform on this stage.

Argh, another stage with the blastoff glitch.

As for my opinion, this is probably the smallest neutral stage out there in terms of area to walk on, however the blastzones are a different story.

The Ceiling blastzone is quite high, so that will allow you to live longer against people like say Bowser with their Usmash/Dsmash, however this probably isn't the place to choose when going up against somebody like Wolf/Zelda who are good at getting Horizontal kills. It doesn't help either that the side blastzones are rather small-medium sized, or maybe just about as big as the BF BSs.

Other than that, only other thing this stage is capable of is changing the scenary for each four seasons, which serves no real purpose. I guess it would also be nice to know that the main platform isn't completely flat either, though it's not a signifigant enough bend to even consider it slanted other than the edges.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Again, he's right, but as far as I'm concerned these platform ghosts appear whenever they feel like and are a pretty good save when you know you won't make it back and they happen to pop up there...just remember the same applies for your opponent.
No, it's appearance is timed. Don't know the exact time for it but it does come up on the other side of the stage after going down.

§leepy God

Smash Master
>_> no one likes this stage?
True, it's very easy to make a mistake and die, and if you try to kill someone the ghost rescuse them. But over and all this is a good stage for Ike, he can come back almost all the time if he's falling in the right distance of course.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
i like this stage, down-tilt spiking works fine, and full hop bair/nair on the platform is real good. Also SH u-air on enemy on platform results in lulz

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well Ussi, either people are lazy, or me and Xace pretty much covered it all and not much else has to be added. The thing about neutral stages is... they're basic and boring.

Just wait until we get to something like Delfino Plaza where there are multiple stages, and the platforms are never in the same place going from one part of the stage to another.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, basically, take anyone here with multiple jumps/glides as it takes away most of their advantage, don't screw up your recovery, and fight for your friends! go for the dtilt/platform abuse here?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
that's because Ike doesn't have to many stage tricks like other characters. Then again we are doing the least controversial stages of all which is why I suggested we started with the crazy ones like pictochat and norfair.

The stage is relatively small so it’s not that hard for you Ike to take control of. Of course there is a pretty big problem since this stage can gimp you. Make sure you always aim for the ledge if your opponent is right by the edge of the stage. If you try to Aether back onto the stage rather than the ledge your opponent can shield it and you’ll get sent off to the side of the stage. You can recover from this but it may but you in a position to get gimped. The ghosts that come around the sides can be used as platforms to help you get out further into the stage and at that distance your Fair can kill them at like 50%. When you get launched up and are coming back to the stage you can aim for the ghosts as well if your opponent is just waiting at the edge of the stage. This gives you back your 1st and 2nd jumps if you already wasted them. The platform is around the same level as ones in battle field when the match starts out. Your U. tilt and U. smash can reach over it in this form. Once it slants one side becomes even low the center stays at the same height and the other side becomes higher. Since the platform is big I suggest doing an aerial instead of going for the U. tilt and U. smash because you can cover more room that way.
+ blast off glitch.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm sorry >_< I have a mid term on Monday and a 2nd on Wednesday plus I can only write on weekdays. On weekends I'm on my phone

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
no but there was a chance because every round was on random. Ofcourse it was one match per round so uhh who the hell cares I'm hosting my own OOS tournament attractor so I'm just going to forget this ever happened.

Today I went to this one thing where people played smash like noobs and this one 40 year old with binoculars for glasses dressed up in a jump suit and you could pretty much see everything it was incredibly gross. On the plus side I found another place to advertise for my tournament its like some myspace el paso gaming website that has like 60 people in it so thats kool.

if these guy show up at my tournament I'm putting them all in my pool and owning there ***** making it only top advances.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So uh... who's Tinkerbell?

Amusing description nonetheless. Castle Seige is an interesting stage in the fact that it's three stages in one, but I can easily tell you that...

1st Stage: Ike is somewhat disadvantaged to chaingrabbers and low horizontal kills. It's also gimp-city here.
2nd Stage: Ike's best. No gimping opportunities whatsoever and statues stop projectiles.
3rd Stage: Practically a neutral stage that Ike does decent on.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Tinkerbell = Toon Link >_> The Tink part was supposed to give it away... I'll bold it

imo the first stage is great for being so small and easy to control. The platforms and slant are just prefect for Ike too. Aether to stop attacks and the slant lets you get away!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
<_<

I usually see Tlink... not Tink...

I do agree Yoshi's Island is a gay stage though... lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Castle Siege is Ike's best stage, he has his own theme song on it. If you lose here you need to quit Ike if not quit Brawl all together.

Being serious now, I find Castle Siege to be my favorite Counterpick nevertheless. To me it has some great music, although I have Fire Emblem (Melee) Set to play all the time, I love it too much. With the stage itself, I like the first two stages, and the last stage is just a Lylat Cruise without the platforms and low ceiling/semi-low floor blastzone.

The cool thing about the stage transitions between the next one, is that it can sometimes save you from a death, like if you were to Quickdraw recover (bare with me) while the transation happens, instead of losing a life, an invisible floor will save you! Another neat trick that is possible between the stage transations is that you can actually suicide with your opponent here (sometimes.) let's say that you are going from the 2nd stage -> third stage, or the 3rd stage -> first stage, and you feel like being spontaneous. While you at the edge of the stage, you can grab your opponent and hold them onto to you until the stage transforms, in which case if your opponent doesn't have an S/A/B-class recovery, they will die with you, or maybe if you're just that good, you can shove them to the blastzone and you can make it back yourself! Sad part is though that this won't usually work with the transation from the 1st stage -> second stage because it's a walk-off, however who is to say that you can just F/B-throw them to the blastzone?! Another downside to this, is that your opponent has the same trick up their sleeve...

Alright, talking about all three stages will take a really long time, but it's no trouble if it is to help any future Ikes Counterpick the right stages for them and at the right situations... In which case if nobody talks about them later, I'll edit this post accordingly.

Quick Edit: Nice description for Yoshi's Isle.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Part 1: Yay for FD like edge on the right side. >_> Very small stage, but with blastzones a tad bigger then you would expect. Nice slants and platforms. It's kinda a combination of BF and Brinstar, with FD thrown in on the right side, and all shrunken down to about 2/3 the size.

Part 2: Don't bring D3 here. Just don't, unless you like chaingrabs. As in, you getting chaingrabbed. Falco's probably doesn't last long enough to worry much here. D3 and the IC's on the other hand.......ugh. Otherwise, this place is a nice anti-projectile zone. The statues have as much hp as those castle doors in FE9 it would seem. Bloody things took forever to take down, even with Boyd wielding a custom axe....anyways, the platforms are nice as well, but the banisters are too high to really take advantage of them, short of Aethering then sliding down to the other side. The side blastzones are close in, but there is a fairly high ceiling.

Part 3: Anti-Spacies. Think Lylat, but bigger main platform, no floating platforms, and tilting. However the tilting isn't to the same extent as LC. They aren't as often, but the tilting itself is larger......big blastzones as well...

Overall: Second best anti-spacies level. Part one renders the projectiles useless thanks to the smallness of the stage (just watch out for Falco's CG), Part Two renders the projectiles even more worthless, and Part Three likes to play mindgames with their recovery. This level is safe against almost anyone.....except D3. Unless you like walk-off CGs. Big advantage against Fox and Wolf, small advantage against Falco, neutral against anyone but D3 and ICs, Minor disadvantage against IC, large disadvantage against D3.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well Nidtendo pretty much covered it all for me, thanks man!

We can bring anybody to this stage not named D3 and IC's. Castle Siege for Ike's ultimate CP!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Part 1: It's small so you can't camp much here. The blastzones are big for a small stage which can suck with good DI. The ledges can be a pain at times.

Part 2: The statues can protect Ike from projectiles and he can platform abuse on the lower platform. Try to keep the statues up without breaking or camping will occur. And just like what Nintendo said, don't bring D3 or IC here due to chaingrabbing.

Part 3: A smaller FD but can tilt like Lylat. You can get screwed by the ledges but not as much as you would at Lylat. The blastzones are pretty big for a small stage, like part 1.

For who to bring here, spacies for what Nintendo said and Lucario because it can be good at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom