• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
For who to bring here, spacies for what Nintendo said and Lucario because it can be good at times.
Well Pit might be another good character to bring here. My reasoning behind it, is that Pit can't really fully utilize his gliding capabilities thus leaving him with an even more so predictable recovery. His arrows don't serve much seeing that in the first level arrow looping, arrow chasing (or any other arrow trick) will be blocked by the top platforms on the first level. In the second level, the statues serve as a protective barrier against those to. And the third one would neutralize horizontal arrows.

Also another thing to add is to use the transitional parts of the stage. If you can memorize where you would be after the transition, you can use it towards your advantage. Like if your opponent is standing on the left of the stage and you wait in the center of the transition, then you will know your opponent's current position which will be on an above platform while your on the lower platform to position yourself if your opponent decides to drop down, or catch them with an U-air (or whatever best fits the situation).

Well that's what I can think of after just waking up.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Ussi, Yoshi’s Island is a counterpick against vertical killers and ledge campers who can fly under the stage. Aren’t you going to point that? And Luigi can accidentally get his head stuck against the wall with his side B, making his recovery even more gimpable.

D

Deleted member

castle siege is gay and randomly kills people.

aside from that, it's really cool.

don't fight DDD here.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Got promoted umbreon? Grats
this

castle sige I always wondered how Ike did here, I never play here, when I do it feels neutral, unless its the first place, imo Ike owns there low platforms and small stage, nice for my playstyle, spacing is easier here

•Col•

Smash Champion
Rainbow Cruise............... xD

I was experimenting on the stage just yesterday to see what Ike could do...

Anyway, don't try to drop down of the ledge of the ship and Aether back up... You'll get caught under the bow... >__> Also, when your on the top platforms of the level, and you're at the part with all the falling blocks... If you're on one when it starts falling, you're pretty much dead... D: So just be careful...

Also, while you're on the ship, you can throw someone against the wall, and I believe it may be possible that Ike can combo because of it, somehow... xD I dunno, I didn't do much testing, as the ship part doesn't last for that long...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's hard to utilize Ike's ground game here. The only thing good about this stage for Ike is the very beginning. Once he's off the ship, he's in for hell.

Generally not a good counterpick stage for Ike, especially against ones that rely on aerial game, but Ike's aerial game is better than some others. Some characters to take here is Snake, Diddy (he'll wreck your ground game with bananas anyhow), maybe DeDeDe and Ganondorf too.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I really don't like Rainbow Cruise so much, I would only go to to take people like Snake, D3, ICs, Olima(r)n, Donkey Kong, Bowser, and anybody else with a bad recovery/aerial game or characters that heavily depend on being on the ground.

Also how is a stage like Rainbow Cruise legal, yet Rumble Falls and Mushroomy Kingdom aren't? Aren't all those mentioned stages all side-scrollers?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Change......the.......picture........NOW......*twitch*

Anyways........w00t for being quoted in CS. >_> <_< RC.......I would personally bring Olimar here. Lack of ledges = fun for tethers. ZSS would do too well here with stunning attacks (Stun + Stage Moving = Dead Ike), And Ivy has 2 other friends to worry about. Maybe you can grab release Squirtle to his death at the right parts, but Charizard would be a nightmare.

Another possibility to bring here is......D3? But seriously, think about it. The only "dangerous" part really is the ship. If he attempts to CG you any other place, he's going to struggle to stay alive as well. And big target + slow air movement + lots of open stage = Dair fun. That, and not a lot of ledges to grab = Dtilt fun. As well, the top part of CG has a low ceiling, which means Ike has an easier time killing him with a Utilt. His baby tossing is near (keyword being near) worthless here, due to the constant moving. It just takes too long with out much reward. Of course, he would always WoP you here with lots of openness to attempt it, but as long as you reach the next part of the stage first, you should have a good chance here against D3.

Snake would also be good, due to his predictable/slow recovery. I'm thinking you going to see Snake C4 himself a lot against a Ike in the right hands that keeps forcing him far away from the stage. On the other hand, a Ftilt could be the end of you, even if it doesn't outright kill you....

I would say Link, but apparently they actually do quite well here thanks to their bombing game, or something like that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I think bringing Link here would be alright too I suppose, not too much room to work with projectiles...or rather sometimes TOO MUCH ROOM, his projectiles only go so far...altough Gale Boomerang might be something to worry about, as well as maybe arrow gimps...but otherwise Link isn't so great with having to go Melee as his main source of building up damage. RC crumbles his projectile wall, and his recovery itself isn't so impressive either.

I wonder how the do here as well...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Do not bring Link to Rainbow Cruise.

I repeat DO NOT bring Link to Rainbow Cruise.

Your main mission is to stay on him. Rainbow Cruise constantly moves. You WILL be ***** by the Z-air and his projectiles because you'll NEVER be able to stay on him.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sorry, I think my computer was being b****y and eating words again, I knew at first something was wrong with the structure of the sentence, tried to fix it, and what you see now is what came out of it...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, from what I see here, Rainbow Cruise is easily one of Ike's worst stages.

Ike is very bad at controlling the air because all of his aerials take way too long to end. His physics don't help him maneuver the terrain very well either, and this stage makes many projectile campers even more annoying to deal with, as if Ike didn't have trouble with those already!

The only reason you should choose this stage is if you're going against Snake or Olimar, who are like...the only characters that might suffer more than you on this stage.

And pretty much avoid this stage against anyone else. Especially ROB, G&W, MK, and other guys with insane aerial games and recoveries.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well at somebody like Fox. He is the fast faller, and the spacies are known for their poor recovery...can't you bring them to RC as well?

Maybe not so much Falco but still...trying to get to a conclusion here.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Rainbow Cruise isn't as much about screwing poor recoveries as it is about screwing those who like to stay put on the ground. Snake is the perfect example of a character like that who gets screwed over by this stage.

While Fox might have bad recovery, he is more apt in the air than you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Link was amazing on RC back in Melee. He could spam all day from what I've heard.

I dunno if he's all that good on RC anymore, because several characters are clearly better than him on that stage, and those characters can probably gimp him fairly easily. But I'd agree that he would give Ike significant problems on RC.

I'd say Link is better on Norfair than he is on RC.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Ussi, I'm scarred for life after seeing that picture. Way to go. Anyways...

- Don't bring Link here but bring Oli here.

- Pay attention to when the platforms appear or disappear.

- The pendulum (spelled right?) can be an a**hole at times.

- Try to get your ground moves in as much as you can. You'll be spending most of your fight in the air here.

- You can platform abuse but since the stage moves...it can suck at times.

Now change the f***ing picture.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike isn't bad in this stage. You guys underestimate his air game ;0 but yes Link and Samus will be problematic cause of their zairs

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Ike is terrible here.

The only characters I'd take here are Snake, Oli and MAYBE Ganon/Boozer.

Really, just don't pick it. :/
Like I just said, avoid taking Ganon to this stage. Ganon just loves destroying camping, and his aerials all outspeed and outdamage Ike's. In addition, if you're facing a good Ganon, he'll just Murder Choke you and ftilt you off the ledge you're on at the moment. This is a much better stage for Ganondorf than it is for Ike.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I wouldn't take anyone to this stage it just seems horrible to me. No ledges + crapy recovery = gayness. Constant jumping + laggy aerials = uber gayness.

Unless I'm missing something here I really see now reason to take anyone here.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Well this seems to be the perfect CP for Olimar, for the exact reasons you just listed it being bad for Ike. No Ledges + Crappy recovery = one sad Olimar. constant jumping = super fail. Other then that, I'd never bring anyone there.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I would only bring Olimar here. Anyone else is pretty much asking for yourself to get *****. The stage just screws so well with Olimar that it makes sense to chose this place for him.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Take snakes 28% killing aerials here? Plus just think of what he can do if you fall behind set up a mine in the rug C4 in the other and then just start owning you with nades and other projectiles.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Well the Snake mains do say RC is one of his hardest stages, so maybe bringing Snake there would be better then some other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom