• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, no sweat. The venue's not even opening for another three weeks anyway, so it'd probably be by the end of Feb.

Really hyped to see you guys there! Hopefully this'll be the start of a strong scene out here in the nether realm lol.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, no sweat. The venue's not even opening for another three weeks anyway, so it'd probably be by the end of Feb.

Really hyped to see you guys there! Hopefully this'll be the start of a strong scene out here in the nether realm lol.
I'll bike down there if I have to.

And I'll pay for as much of a car pool as others' can't. I just wanna go pretty bad. The last tournament I went to was a Game Crazy 64-entrant-two-minute-every-match-on-Pokemon-Stadium scrubfest with ONE setup in like 2005. So yeah.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'll bike down there if I have to.

And I'll pay for as much of a car pool as others' can't. I just wanna go pretty bad. The last tournament I went to was a Game Crazy 64-entrant-two-minute-every-match-on-Pokemon-Stadium scrubfest with ONE setup in like 2005. So yeah.
I know the feeling, dude!

I'm just as hyped as you are. :laugh:

keeper

Smash Champion
You were at one of the first events I ever attended, Just Action. Though I don't remember what you look like, but I think you played Falcon.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
I never played Falcon as a main. If you played me while I was OOS, it would.have to have been when I was extra bad. I'm a skinny ginger, if that helps you remember what I look like.

:phone:

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice
I live in Huntington Beach which is 45 minutes away from this tournament, so I could most likely provide housing if y'all needed it.

keeper

Smash Champion
I never played Falcon as a main. If you played me while I was OOS, it would.have to have been when I was extra bad. I'm a skinny ginger, if that helps you remember what I look like.

It would have been like 4 years ago, so I have no idea.
Oh, it was this tournament: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=424
I had to leave before I got to play you. I was a Ness main and 15 then. hah
I played a bunch of friendlies with QraQers, Fago, and Jayce though. I remember that.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
I remember that one... It was fun, but embarassing. I don't think anyone from Idaho, except maybe Knuttz, did very well.
Jared, I'll bike with you. We could go in on some fuel. I still need to fix my bike :/

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
I remember that one... It was fun, but embarassing. I don't think anyone from Idaho, except maybe Knuttz, did very well.
Jared, I'll bike with you. We could go in on some fuel. I still need to fix my bike :/

Have you talked to any of the punks who smash but don't post on here to see if they could drive?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey, guys. Tourney's pretty much been confirmed. Only need to finalize a few things and it'll be a green light.

Since you guys aren't too far away, I'm guessing you wouldn't need housing, right? Also, the tourney will likely be in early March. I'm gonna say maybe late first/second week.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested, but dunno as of yet.
If you guys organize a carpool, consider me as a possible entry in your carpool to split gas money. dunno if I'll enter though, I lost all hope on ever getting better, especially since I no longer have a working copy for the cube, and my Wii's been acting up as of late. lol

That's practically why I haven't posted much on here. I figured I'd stay inactive while I find a copy to play with.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
That sucks, man. But I'll try to keep you posted on the carpool. With you, I think we'd have a full vehicle. Unless someone rides back-back.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Wow. Didn't think there'd be almost five of you guys. :0

Hype meter rapidly building. I need to know a little while in advance though: would you guys need housing, or are you close enough that the ride back home would be relatively comfortable?

Heads up, too: Since it's the very beginning of what I hope to be a thriving Smash scene in interior PacNW, the tournament itself may not be perfect. I'm working with sticks and wire right now, but I'll definitely make sure it's a great time for everyone. Only things I'm concerned about are the venue being a bit cramped since there're so many prospects for the turnout. Right now, the prospective attendance is:

You guys (5 or more, going by JA's mention of a full carpool)
Eastern Oregon (5)
Eastern Washington (5)
Portland (10 or more)
Eugene (3)

Not including any new players that may show up from La Grande. So our baseline's at that's almost 30, and the absolute minimum I'm expecting is 20.

Edit: Also, right now, I'm torn between running on Saturday or Sunday. For some people, Sunday is better and for others, Saturday is. Let me know if Sunday is comfortable for you guys. If not,t that's totally fine, but if it is, that'd be amazing.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
It's a 2 1/2 hour drive, so we shouldn't take priority for housing if we want it, which we probably won't. And I really have no idea what most of the community thinks about going to a tourney; sadly, I don't even know if a ride to LG has been set in stone as of yet. It's all up to the dude who would be driving.

Also, we need a 'fest soon. I feel if we get the usual smashers together we can decide who's going and on what day it would be best.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Definitely be sure to urge the dude who's driving!

Which begs the question, who would it be/who're the potential drivers?

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
Definitely be sure to urge the dude who's driving!

Which begs the question, who would it be/who're the potential drivers?
So he's probably going to be driving. He doesn't have an account on here, though. The only reason he wouldn't is if he suddenly flaked. We're probably going to have 4+ going it seems.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That's fantastic. Really glad you guys're gonna be able to make it.

Heads up, by the way, due to it being the first tourney at this place, and me not expecting a ****load of setups (a sufficient amount, of course, but not surplus), I likely won't be running Brawl or Melee doubles. If we have time, I'll definitely run a third event in both games, but doubles with singles would take too much time given the circumstances. Is this okay with everyone?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'll try my hardest to run it, but like I said, I won't be able to guarantee just yet.

If we have enough setups and I check the venue out a little more and can confirm how many we can fit, then yeah, we can definitely do doubles. Just an estimate, but I'd probably want at least 10 setups before I committed to running doubles. So far, if you bring two, that'd give us probably 5. I haven't confirmed anyone bringing setups yet, so if we can get 5 more, which I'm sure we can, then it could probably happen.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Really sorry, guys. I've been playing hell trying to get up with the dude. The contractor who works for him said he'd be there Wednesday, but he wasn't there Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or yesterday. If I don't see him Monday, I'm gonna see if I can't find another way to get up with him.

Despite that though, I'm pretty sure the date's gonna be March 18th, since it's the only weekend available in March due to other Oregon tourneys.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
No need for apologies; the fact that you're helping take our meager community off of life support is good enough for us.

Stalk him.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
He's a hard ****er to get a hold of. Well, either way, I'm positive he'll confirm. Also, it'll be on a Sunday, it looks like. Is that alright?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Cool.

And yeah, that'd blow pretty hard to say the least. By called in for an interview, do you mean the interview itself would interrupt you guys, or the implied work that would preclude him being able to drive you on weekends altogether?

Top Bottom