• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I don't understand this stupidass logic at all, yet everyone seems to think it makes perfectly reasonable sense. You wouldn't vote for George Bush in 2004 just because you thought John Kerry was going to win.

...unless that IS what you did in the 2004 presidential election and that's the real reason why Bush made it to a second term. In which case, I'm very ashamed of you all and you make me sick.
what's the point in voting for someone who's going to be in anyway? go for the underdog, they may at least get in second and stay in.

SiD

Smash Master
I don't understand this stupidass logic at all, yet everyone seems to think it makes perfectly reasonable sense. You wouldn't vote for George Bush in 2004 just because you thought John Kerry was going to win.

...unless that IS what you did in the 2004 presidential election and that's the real reason why Bush made it to a second term. In which case, I'm very ashamed of you all and you make me sick.
Lol, I love how trendy it is to hate Bush.

Anyway, in this game, two people can win. So it actually makes a lot of sense. Feel free to cry now.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
what's the point in voting for someone who's going to be in anyway? go for the underdog, they may at least get in second and stay in.
*facepalm*
You quoted my comment... but then decided to say exactly what I was trying to prove as dumb logic.

Lol, I love how trendy it is to hate Bush.

Anyway, in this game, two people can win. So it actually makes a lot of sense. Feel free to cry now.
1. I've hated Bush before it was cool to hate Bush. :p
2. It NEVER makes sense to vote someone other than the person you want to win. If everybody took that logic, then everyone would say:
"Durrr! I luv Samiz and Clowz and dey wil win dis game, so I em guna vote fer Nes or Wareo cuz dey wont win. Gud ideuh me!" {pats self on back}
Then everybody goes by that system of genius, and Ness and Wario win by a goddam landslide while Samus and Claus have no votes. Sympathy votes should come in at the end, like five minutes just before the polls close so it looks like they did better than they actually did. Not when it's 12:00 in the afternoon and only about 20 people have voted and Samus is doing fairly well and all the kids who go to school during the day that want to vote for Ness can't get to a computer until later. Then you have your "underdog" throwing out a complete blowout, and your favorite character is left in the dust.
3. I will not cry.

Ok, I know this is a game, and I may appear to be overreacting, but many people are just so stupid it's infuriating.

If you're going to vote for someone out of sympathy, wait until the very end of the day where it barely matters anymore or just don't announce that you're doing so because you think it's a good idea. Because it's not. It's a horrible idea, and you're stupid for thinking it was ever a good idea.

SiD

Smash Master
Lol, that's still not stupid. If the person you want to vote for is in first by a good amount already, it's stupid to waste a vote on them when you can vote for your second choice.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

Round 2 - Division 2

1st - Samus [20 votes]

2nd - Claus [14 votes]

3rd - Wario [9 votes]

4th - Ness [5 votes]

guys stop arguing. You can vote for whoever you want, it really doesn't matter what your logic is behind it.

Edit: PAGE 100!!!!!
:)

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
2. It NEVER makes sense to vote someone other than the person you want to win. If everybody took that logic, then everyone would say:
"Durrr! I luv Samiz and Clowz and dey wil win dis game, so I em guna vote fer Nes or Wareo cuz dey wont win. Gud ideuh me!" {pats self on back}
... Yeah right.

Yes, Spanish is a democracy, but I have my own political ideas, of which I'm not going to speak about here, as this is a forum about a game, not about politics.

About that Samus-Claus thing, I like them both, but felt that Claus had less chances than Samus, so I wanted to vote for him so the two of them could make it to the next round. Which I think it's perfectly logical.

rawr...Isaac sucks.
You're my natural enemy.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
guys stop arguing. You can vote for whoever you want, it really doesn't matter what your logic is behind it. :)
I know you can, and it's not like I expect people to vote for my character, I'm not greedy. It just bothers me that people think it's smart to vote for their not favorite. Baffles me.

Anyway, I just realized I'm flipping out about video game characters... so I'm just going to stop right now.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

Round 2 - Division 2

1st - Samus [22 votes]

2nd - Claus [14 votes]

3rd - Wario [9 votes]

4th - Ness [5 votes]

In case you guys haven't looked at the tournament set up on the first page...For the second half of the tournament, only ONE character advances per division. So I understand trying to help characters this round and the next, but after that you better support your absolute favorite :) now lets stop discussing it, we don't want to get shut down for spam.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm almost certain I haven't voted this round. I'm givin it to Claus!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

In case you guys haven't looked at the tournament set up on the first page...For the second half of the tournament, only ONE character advances per division. So I understand trying to help characters this round and the next, but after that you better support your absolute favorite :) now lets stop discussing it, we don't want to get shut down for spam.

Hyrule Conference
__________________________________________________________________________[/CENTER]

[12/1/07]

Man, Look at tommorrow.....Big Flame War approaching....

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, I realized that just now at dinner. I'll save my rants for later if people continue to be ignorant.

And it's funny how in the games section, a post like the one quoted above me would be considered spam...

Clause is my vote
... but a comment like this isn't. ^^^^

Odd. Anyway, I mapped out who I'm voting for for the rest of this tier. Tomorrow was a hard decision, though. I must admit.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

Round 2 - Division 2

1st - Samus [25 votes]

2nd - Claus [16 votes]

3rd - Wario [11 votes]

4th - Ness [5 votes]

a little over an hour remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom