• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
He used them well of course. We both only knew the matchup to a certain extent, so it was just both of us playing well in general, not specifically towards certain matchup play.

Kimchi left? =( Hopefully it's the usual "I'm quitting lol, cya next week" kinda thing.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
San won the tourny there to boot. Apparently Illmatic SD'ed on their third match at Brinstar. San, what's your take on the Peach MU after playing one of the best, if not the best Peach in the nation?
I've been placing consistently well: 8th or lower since I started getting into the offline scene (like a month ago) in some tournaments with over 64 people.

I've also played some extremely tough players and others who have watched me play say "I'm the best Peach in TX definitely POSSIBLY the nation".

I just don't have like (travelling tournament results/experience to back it up) right now. After all, I just got into this stuff and I'm only sixteen haha.

IN OTHER NEWS

SAN IS THE BEST IKE OMG OMG OMG OMG

10fanboys

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So wait, if you had to leave when the first GF set was 2-1 for Razor, I assume it's TBC? Also if that was the case, why did everyone seem to think you won... and by a 3-0 GF set at that? :dizzy:

By 'everyone' I mean Ussi and Bored.

:034:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
San was 2-0 against Razer in WF.
In GF Razer came back won two in a row then San won one making it 3-2.
Then San had to go.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
San! What have I told you? When you're busy beating a whole state at Brawl, tell the driver he can wait another 10 minutes! :laugh:

earla

Smash Lord
curious: what are the important things the top players are thinking about during a game?

are there new san videos up? please link.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
curious: what are the important things the top players are thinking about during a game?

are there new san videos up? please link.
I'm no top player, but my guess is spacing is important, especially with Ike's range. Such as a really well spaced Nair would allow you to avoid most grabs. This is only what I think though. If you want an even better answer, wait for the other pro Ikes.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
By the way, Craysyn, he does spell it Razer... dumb, yes... but that's how it is.
My bad, I knew that but I didn't even notice I spelled it Razor in my post, lol. Some people typo without realizing, while I absentmindedly spell things correctly when I should be spelling them wrong. Awesome.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I sometimes do it too.

Anyway. Ready for lulz?

I've never really gotten to play Hylian (except for my VERY early days in Brawl), so I've never gotten to shut him up about the Ike vs ICs match-up.

But Slaps just beat him in a $5 MM.

I'm so proud of him right now.

earla

Smash Lord
are there any videos, visuals outlining ikes LINGERING or EXTENDED hitboxes in castle siege transformation and brinstar?

i don't understand how much the hitboxes extend or linger? please clear this up for me.

is there a way to make diddy drop his bananas in his hands? im sure characters can drop their items, im not sure how exactly. like sometimes i see links drop their bombs out of their hands and they end up sitting on the ground.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Slaps>>Hylian? Too good XD.

@earla, Mr. Doom has a couple videos that show the extended hitboxes. You can easily see them yourself if you upsmash on the right side of brinstar. Eruption has at least half a second of extended hitbox.

@Red-X: Hate to break it to you, but AiB doubles is kind of a joke =/

-RedX-

Smash Lord
DON'T RUIN MY MOMENT. ;-;
My partner is banned from the site so we pretty much can't get any higher....rofl.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I got 17th, and Slaps got 13th. Both of us lost to Hylian in losers. Both sets were close too. Slaps has improved A LOT. Sorry Brett, but he's simply better than you for now.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
LOL wow, I come here and read this and right now in my WiFi crew's Xat they're all talking about how great Slaps is at Ike. Saying he has **** jabs and stuff. He suddenly has some sort of super rep, I didn't know the other guys in my crew knew who he was.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I thought people liked to trash talk Slaps, XD. Hasn't slaps NOT played in a while, though, so what has changed? Slaps is better than most of the wifi Ikes anyways. Lol at wifi clans though. I suck at being in them.

About ICs, it's not bad for Ike at all, lol. We do decently playing not taking risks, and some of the risks we take have HUGE rewards.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You can tell you're starting to get hyped once you start to amass many haters.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Haters gonna hate.

Ike vs SoPo is just stupidly unfair in Ike's favor. Therefore I agree Ike vs ICs is slightly Ike's favor as a whole. They don't have broken grab range or anything so it's not hard to avoid if you play it safe, and one Fsmash to Nana once you get them separated basically = a stock.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
well, super close vs Hylian, rainbow cruise game 3, im 70% he is 120%, he charges up smash at section after pendulum, I approach with forward air, trade hits, he buckets barely living and i die... too close XD... Oh, in tourney he went G&W vs me, I $5 MMed his ICs before singles started, and won 2-1... Also Nyke who did you hear all this from?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't really care... I don't remember the last time I used Ike offline. I went to a smashfest this past week and basically played DK dittos the whole time, lol.

Aside from that, I'm focused more on summer classes right now, since it's a whole semester in 5 weeks. =\

I'll get back ahead of Slaps when I'm done with this music history course... it's probably my toughest course yet. =\
Until then, I'll probably just root for him, lol.

(I'm not going to care about the PR now OR later, either. There are people who have literally gone to one tourney and gotten dead last that are higher than we are.)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
@Slaps, they were all watching the live stream for the tournament and I guess they heard how well you did/saw you on live stream. Good stuff btw.

@Brett, if you mean that super-weird auto-PR thing that Zack did up for Texas, then yah I wouldn't bother basing anything serious off of that. It looks really inaccurate and just... weird.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Zac made some kind of formula, i could ask him to come in here to explain it... I was only on live stream when we were setting up tourney at like 10:30 for like 2 games with chuky, then i wasn't on it for the rest of the day... What are thy names of thy clanmates that know me?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Zac's program is a little faulty. I just don't even care about it.

And Slaps--- that poor sucker you outplaced today said that you're better than I am for now. xD

BTW, San, I agree Slaps is better than most of those dumb WiFi Ikes.

We just trash talk him all the time because he used to be awful. He had been in the scene before me and I beat him in games at my very first Smashfest. I'm still going to trash talk him.

But his skill has grown much much closer to mine--- after I stepped way ahead of him, he narrowed the gap by a lot.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What a tiring day. 5 hours of brawl followed by a full court one hour game of basketball. Then I come home and get ready for a grad party. I'm exhausted.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not when you lose our bball tournament game. It's best 2 of 3, but our team has a few things to fix. Basketball is something I take more seriously than Smash, and I will get mad. I will start yelling at my teammates and giving them death glares if they keep messing up.

Top Bottom