• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB - Sept. 17 Madison, WI

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, lets talk **** about games with substantially larger playerbases! That'll get me what I want!
Oh my god. You actually managed to interpret that post as a serious indictment of the skills of MvC/SF players. I applaud you, sir- I don't know what drugs you discovered prior to posting that, but they will change the world someday.

psh y'alls is scrubs but OK $5 it is.

We do get CRT's, right? /askagain

Battlecow

Play to Win
Thanks! This ought to be super fun. Are you gonna do pools for 64 (Not sure how small tourneys generally work...)?

Quaz

Smash Master
Hey guys. Sorry for the bad news, but I won't be making this anymore. I gotta move stuff out of my apartment (its the only time I'm really free to this weekend.)

Don't worry! I'm a little unorganized right now, but once I get myself fully situated here back in Salem I will be back to kick more *** than ever.

ORLY

Smash Master
quaz i will help you move if it means that you can go to this

text me and we'll talk days / times

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Come back from geek con and come to this ****?

Oh my god. You actually managed to interpret that post as a serious indictment of the skills of MvC/SF players. I applaud you, sir- I don't know what drugs you discovered prior to posting that, but they will change the world someday.

psh y'alls is scrubs but OK $5 it is.

We do get CRT's, right? /askagain
You're wondering what I'M on? What in your post was sarcastic in any nature? You make a serious request for it being bumped up to $10, which is ridiculous because I can't remember the last time I've seen a 64 bracket fill even with a $5 entry ESPECIALLY a local, and then compare the game to other vastly superior ones (in terms of size of playerbase), in which you call them scrubs.

How was that statement even necessary? Your point would've gotten across without the blatant insult, and it wouldn't have looked bad. I know 2 specific players who were considering going with me to this over the Tracks tournament for MvC3 till that post, so ****. you.

Let's take a second to look at the post in question.

Pleeeeeease make it $10? Pretty please? I mean, if the SF/MVC scrubs get it, why can't we?
Now lets see it if we replace a demeaning phrase in EVERY fgc.

Pleeeeeease make it $10? Pretty please? I mean, if the SF/MVC players get it, why can't we?
Wow! Imagine how much less ignorant the post is with just the removal of a single word! ****ing downies, seriously. Its no wonder why major proponents give up on this series, it's not worth the *******ery involved with the community. Bring your own setup and actually support the tournament outside of lending towards the pot and CRTs won't be an issue.

And Sanchaz, I respect that you're trying to help the WI scene and all with this, but I really don't need your **** either, especially since I took your side on the matter.

ORLY

Smash Master
guys, guys

everyone has their preferred game

mine's over 10 years old and i just now started to bust back into the pokemon TCG

don't be hatin'

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Come back from geek con and come to this ****?

You're wondering what I'M on? What in your post was sarcastic in any nature? You make a serious request for it being bumped up to $10, which is ridiculous because I can't remember the last time I've seen a 64 bracket fill even with a $5 entry ESPECIALLY a local, and then compare the game to other vastly superior ones (in terms of size of playerbase), in which you call them scrubs.

How was that statement even necessary? Your point would've gotten across without the blatant insult, and it wouldn't have looked bad. I know 2 specific players who were considering going with me to this over the Tracks tournament for MvC3 till that post, so ****. you.

Let's take a second to look at the post in question.

Now lets see it if we replace a demeaning phrase in EVERY fgc.

Wow! Imagine how much less ignorant the post is with just the removal of a single word! ****ing downies, seriously. Its no wonder why major proponents give up on this series, it's not worth the *******ery involved with the community. Bring your own setup and actually support the tournament outside of lending towards the pot and CRTs won't be an issue.

And Sanchaz, I respect that you're trying to help the WI scene and all with this, but I really don't need your **** either, especially since I took your side on the matter.
what? leave battlecow alone, maybe he's had bad experiances with tourneys idk, I never met the dude. The smash 64 portion is more a layback part of the tourney.

what did I do to you, lol.

I'm not sure who you guys are yet, should come by and eat pizza. and DAMN right I'm going to bring wisconsin a badass state again. *****es don't know know about our cheese and packers.......well they know about the packers but not the cheese.....come by and eat pizza. :)

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
will almost certainly be coming for 64

i see 64 is at 6:00 pm, is there any point in me arriving early if im not playing anything else?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
will almost certainly be coming for 64

i see 64 is at 6:00 pm, is there any point in me arriving early if im not playing anything else?
to be honest, no, but please show up at like 5 pm for sign ups. bring a full setup to have venue fee waived, which in your case is smash 64.

CHEXR: I can house you guys, bring sleeping bags. my address is 122 east dayton, right next to the capitol

Sago

Smash Lord
damn...this? or a shuffle meetup/ headhunterz concert.

Sucks this is the only tournament i can play mk at this month :|

still need a ride. im calling dla right now

Battlecow

Play to Win
battlecow honestly you are such a scrub
I don't understand why you are saying this. Have I somehow offended you? And are you coming to this?

Hey, I don't need more drama, so how 'bout we call it a misunderstanding (because I honestly do have respect for MvC/SF players etc etc) and leave it at that?

Also please stop talking about how you've "never seen a 64 bracket fill up" as if you were somehow an expert on the 64 scene, because you really have no idea what you're talking about there.

AY YO BATTLECOW?

down to mm in mahvel? :p
If I had ever played that game, you would be so on

As it is, not so much :(

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Sago, we never moss matched this weekend, you gotta show up!

I'd like to do some smash 64 friendlies with people that actually play if you guys show up early, otherwise maybe after the tourney.

ORLY

Smash Master
Lookin' forward to seeing my brothers to the north and a rematch with FrootLoop

Chexr

Smash Ace
to be honest, no, but please show up at like 5 pm for sign ups. bring a full setup to have venue fee waived, which in your case is smash 64.

CHEXR: I can house you guys, bring sleeping bags. my address is 122 east dayton, right next to the capitol
Thanks dude sounds awesome, we'll try to be there around 11pm - 12pm hopefully.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
The last 4 tournaments I've been to I've beaten the person housing/driving me in losers bracket. I'm like a curse. Fortunately for you all, I'm walking to the venue myself this time.
You're welcome.

Chris: JUST BRING IT

ORLY

Smash Master
@chexr: i want a MM!

CC: FluxWolf, Mundungu (iron man), RRR, amanze (is he coming with you MN guys?), depak (see: amanze), and whoever else.

I work the night before so I'll have plenty of singles! ;D

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Mundungu: Nappy informed me a while back that we had confirmed housing with you; Just popping in to check if thats still true or not I guesss ha... also, is chi town still bringin a car to this to anyones knowledge?

Top Bottom