• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

D

Deleted member

I doubt very much that she wouldnt make the cut due to them worrying about the next game, it would be ridiculous to only choose someone based on what could be viable for the next big game after. If she was in and became popular the zelda team might take notice to make her a more recurring character.
Oh, you mean like what happened to the Ice Climbers?
Ice Climber: Absolute Zero was such an epic game. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ice Climbers are purely retro additions though. They don't count, and they are the reason characters as Takamaru and Little Mac are likely now.

Dunno if Demise is gonna replace Ganondorf for sure. I'll start supporting him the moment I know he's in Zelda Wii U. But as it stands, I'd prefer Demise over Brawl's Ganondorf. But that's really not saying so much... :smirk:

As for cutting Impa for the next Impa in the Smash after this one, I see no reason to worry about this till we see an unworkable Impa in the next few Zelda's. But even Old Impa would have potential to be a very strong Sage-like character. And it seems to me more likely they'll go for a young Impa again. Cause young Impa was believed to be 'Impa' throughout the whole story in Skyward Sword. Only in the very end it's revealed she's the Old Woman. After you beat the Final Boss even.

:phone:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
They didn't worry about that for mostly all Zelda characters in Melee. Why should it stop Impa now?
Thats what i was saying, it really doesnt matter and they would be foolish to limit themselves based on a non existent pretext for the game after. Impa IMO has every right and more to be in this game, but people shoot the idea down. I can understand being a fan of sheik, but really its just zelda, and zelda wont be going anywhere so why not get a new and important character to take sheik's place? Sheik has nothing more to bring to the table unless the just come up with more made up moves for her since she has nothing from the actual series that is new to draw upon anymore. Zelda will finally be able to stand on her own and possibly get some much needed changes, and the next best character outside of the triforce will be able to join as well. In the end it all just goes back to the fact that the smash community wants everything to be the same, but really tradition for traditions sake is limiting what we could get if we keep having to drag everything from the last installment in whether its good or bad just to satiate the need to have all that was there before.

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers are purely retro additions though. They don't count, and they are the reason characters as Takamaru and Little Mac are likely now.

They don't count at what, exactly? Oh, them not getting a new game because of their Smash popularity? Well then, how do you explain Pit? HE was a purely retro addition too, you know.

And no, even if the Ice Climbers were not in Melee, Takamaru and Little Mac would still be just as likely as they are now.

After all, the Icies being in Melee didn't give Little Mac a new Punch-Out title nor a special WiiWare title. They didn't get Takamaru a guest role in Samurai Warriors 3 nor recognition within Nintendo Land.

@Hylian: You are not getting what I am saying. I am saying that while Impa is the current "hot ticket" just because she's relevant, then would it not hold true in the future if she becomes irrelevant again? Wouldn't she be subject to the same horse**** Sheik is getting now?

Unless you agree that Impa would have to be cut for relevancy issues at that point, you are being hypocritical.

Also, replacing Sheik with Impa WILL NOT magically make Zelda a better character. Why you and Diddy blindly see that, I will never understand.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still waiting for a proper Ice Climbers game. I just don't know how it would play though.

BTW, my ethnography on Smashboards and the Impa argument got me a 90.

And look what I found.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kid Icarus was maybe more workable than Ice Climber? Ice Climber got a rerelease however for the GBA... Also, Mr. Game & Watch became an actual character cause of Smash. And Marth's popularity probably made IS make the original Fire Emblem and book 2 remakes for DS. It doesn't work for all characters though.

Thing, fact remains that all those series are niche series compared to Zelda anyways. Zelda will always be relevant. Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Punch Out and others won't. Hence why Impa is better to represent the series as a whole than Sheik.

Congratz Kuma. Am really interessted in what you wrote though. :laugh:

Also GoldenY, it's highly probable Impa will reappear as it looks now. No character as of yet as really made a jump in importance in character relevance than Impa. It's very rare Zelda characters get a revival role anyway. Impa stands out as of now, and it's likely we'll see more of her in the series than Sheik. If Sheik where ever to return again, they can easily give the spot back to her I

Another good thing about this version of Impa: she already has travelled in time. She could appear as her Skyward Sword self easily in a next game, and be the same exact persona. Which is why it would make sence she appears in even the next Smash as her Skyward Sword self.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Oh, you mean like what happened to the Ice Climbers?
Ice Climber: Absolute Zero was such an epic game. :awesome:
Your missing the point, Im not saying she will get new installments under her belt, but it would pointless for them to exclude her because they might have to change or boot her in the future, i wouldnt mind if they did that at all.

@Hylian: You are not getting what I am saying. I am saying that while Impa is the current "hot ticket" just because she's relevant, then it would it not hold true in the future if she becomes irrelevant again? Wouldn't she be subject to the same horse**** Sheik is getting now?

Unless you agree that Impa would have to be cut for relevancy issues at that point, you are being hypocritical.

Also, replacing Sheik with Impa WILL NOT magically make Zelda a better character. Why you and Diddy blindly see that, I will never understand.
Yea she could be held to the same thing we are holding sheik to now, but really as it stands impa already has much more going for her from all the past games as well, but no she is not above being cut later i never said that. Im not saying zelda will magically be better either, but with that change she might have a chance to get some new moves and something to at least make her different which could be for the better.

D

Deleted member

No one, huh?
Not even the guy that got his own spin-offs, something that no other character has yet to do?
I'm pretty sure getting your own games is far more important than being included in a series prequel title to pretty much tie loose ends to why there was more than one Impa in the first place. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tingle is just weird. That goes for and against him. And as Impa is mostly based on Sheik's old moveset, I see no reason why both couldn't be in actually.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
No one, huh?
Not even the guy that got his own spin-offs, something that no other character has yet to do?
I'm pretty sure getting your own games is far more important than being included in a series prequel title to pretty much tie loose ends to why there was more than one Impa in the first place. :troll:
Tingle has a legitimate hatebase, and since minish cap he has been relegated to easter eggs (essentially kicked out of zelda games), and he has the largest market closed off to him since his games never made it stateside. He has more going against him than for him, and if he did get in it would be more on his merits in his own games then zelda since hes never been nothing more than a recurring nobody anyway. Just because he has spin offs doesnt mean he deserves to be in as a zelda rep, hell even groose in his one appearence has gained what it took tingle years to build up as far as a fanbase goes.

D

Deleted member

"She could appear as her Skyward Sword self easily in a next game, and be the same exact persona."
That's really pulling at straws. So pretty much, have her go joyriding through time using the Gate of Time instead of either guarding the sleeping Zelda or meet up with Link and co. as an aged woman? Can someone scream "Time Paradox"?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda = Time Paradoxes all over. It's not impossible, as Old Impa watches the sleeping Zelda anyways.

Speculator

Smash Ace
So in your opinion we should've had a Twilight Princess designed Young Link instead of Toon Link? Cause that was the only true roster update, and an universally agreed upon one. Only people that complain about Toon Link are the ones who disregard everyone and everything as 'clone'.
I didn't say anything about Toon Link. I was talking about the main three. I don't have any problems with an alternate look for Link being represented in the fourth Zelda slot.

That said, Toon Link is clearly a clone character. I don't have a problem with clones as long as they feel different from one another, which Toon Link does.

Ike was also favored in before Roy for your information. So it's not only Mewtwo and Lucario. Newer characters DO take priority in some cases, and I feel the Zelda roster especially could use some freshness.
Fair enough, but then in that case I think replacing the Link clone with an original character might be more appropriate than replacing an already established Smash fighter.

Impa replacing Sheik isn't far so outlandish, cause ths exact thing has already happened in Zelda. ;) Sheik was planned to appear in Twilight Princess, yet got scrapped. Next major console release: Impa appears. No Sheik beta designs earlier, so not even considered at all.

It's safe to say Sheik will NEVER return in a Zelda game again. And that holds her back a lot as a relevant character in Zelda overall. And it's not that her one role in OoT was anything special at all. Zelda needs to move AWAY from OoT already. And Skyward Sword did just that.
Impa didn't replace Sheik in LoZ. Impa fills a completely different role. Impa is Zelda's protector whereas Sheik is her alter ego. I don't believe that 'relevancy' is a strong argument for including a character over another, but Sheik's 'relevancy' comes from her appearance in the Smash games. Zelda is most notable for her ability to transform into Sheik. It's her thing.

Also, why not use the Skyward Sword models? They always style the Zelda characters after the most recent console releases. Just look at Melee, and how they still use the Ocarina of Time characters, but graphically updated. I expect the exact same from Skyward Sword characters in Sm4sh.
Ok, bear with me here. The reason I don't think they'll use the Skyward Sword models is because there's a difference between switching from OOT designs to TP designs and switching from TP designs to SS designs.

If you look at TP designs, they're essentially OOT designs that make use of Wii graphical capabilities. They're the natural evolution of the OOT models. This is why even though Sheik didn't appear in Twilight Princess, it was easy to drum up a model for her in Brawl since they didn't have to deviate much from her original design.

On the other hand, while TP designs are an evolution of the OOT designs, SS designs are a redesign. They aren't updated Twilight Princess looks, they're completely different. Zelda might as well be a different character entirely - there are almost no similarities between her and the Zeldas from OOT/TP. Using SS designs for the main three Zelda characters would be like using Wind Waker designs for them if it just so happened that that was the most recent game (which, taking into account WWHD, it may well be). But nobody expects that to happen because they're a more obvious departure from the more realistic designs.

Not only that, but neither Sheik nor Ganondorf appear in SS. They would both have to be redesigned. I already explained why it was fine for Sheik not having appeared in TP, but having both Sheik and Ganondorf appear radically different to any look they've ever had in the main series Zelda games? That risks losing the sense of familiarity we have with Smash Bros characters that makes the series such a great crossover.

What I expect to happen is a further update of the Twilight Princess designs, akin to the Wii U tech demo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wind Waker Ganondorf fits just easily with Skyward Sword Link, Zelda and Impa. He and Toon Link could easily be WW based cause of it's Wii U remake.

So the problem lies with Sheik again. And this time, there is no artwork for her to base her off, unlike in Brawl. She might've not made an appearance, but she was planned for TP! Maybe still up to the point where Sheik was included in Brawl, which was around 2005. Impa appearing in the next major console Zelda instead seems like a choice they've made in regards of who they find better suited.

Don't even think the designs of Skyward Sword being less realistic looking is something that works against the models. Just look the the character's original artwork. Much better quality than Twilight Princess'. And if they made Toon Link fit in Brawl, the Skyward Sword characters would fit to. And seeing Toon Link is very likely to return with Wind Waker HD, this would be advantagous to make all Zelda character look more like each other. Toon Link vs Ganondorf vs Sheik on the Pirate Ship for example looks extremely weird. Toon Ganondorf vs Skyward Sword Link vs Impa vs Toon Link in Ganon's Tower (Wind Waker) would look a lot better.

Besides, there's a lot of Zelda costumes that draw from other games. OoT Zelda and Sheik for example, Dark Link, Dark Toon Link, Toon Link's green and brown costume, all throwbacks to other Zelda games while still having the most recent cast (plus Sheik). If they think SS Zelda is too 'out of character' cause she's a Goddess recarnation as opposed to a princess, then surely you're against Wind Waker's Ganondorf, cause he's more of a swordfighter as opposed to a warlock in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Wind Waker Ganondorf fits just easily with Skyward Sword Link, Zelda and Impa. He and Toon Link could easily be WW based cause of it's Wii U remake.
He doesn't really fit with them. He's explicitly designed to fit in the Wind Waker setting. And it would certainly be strange to have the main villain of the series take a design inconsistent with the main protagonists. On top of that we have no guarantee that Toon Link is returning, so he might end up sticking out like a sore thumb.

So the problem lies with Sheik again. And this time, there is no artwork for her to base her off, unlike in Brawl. She might've not made an appearance, but she was planned for TP! Maybe still up to the point where Sheik was included in Brawl, which was around 2005. Impa appearing in the next major console Zelda instead seems like a choice they've made in regards of who they find better suited.
That sounds like more of a case for keeping the Twilight Princess looks and upgrading them than it does for switching to the SS redesigns. And considering that the Zelda team and Smash Bros team are completely seperate, I don't think the Zelda team makes story and character choices based on who they thing shouls appear in Smash.

Don't even think the designs of Skyward Sword being less realistic looking is something that works against the models. Just look the the character's original artwork. Much better quality than Twilight Princess'.
I don't think they're worse in any way, it's not about that. It's about them being different. Redesigns, as opposed to evolutions of the previous design.

And if they made Toon Link fit in Brawl, the Skyward Sword characters would fit to.
Toon Link is seperate. He sits outside the main trio. He doesn't have to fit in with them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword marks the new direction of the series. Hence this redesign is important, thus it seems to me likely they will indeed opt for those designs.

Sheik also is not really part of the main trio anyways if Toon Link isn't. I think it's a good thing to have both Skyward Sword and Wind Waker as the main series represented for Zelda in this game. Whatever Zelda Wii U will bring will most likely affect next Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess it depends on what Smash will look like. I don't think it'll be overly graphical myself realy.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I agree. If it's bright and colorful (Melee, 64) I think that SS and WW designs will be best. However, if it's going to be dark and rough like Brawl, then we will probably get the Tech Demo and/or TP again.
Don't quote me when the trailer is revealed, though. I'm probably flat out wrong.

So, what about music?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I see the Skyward Sword models still as the most likely as this is the mark of the new direction of Zelda. But am indeed very eager to see the trailer as well when E3 comes.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have the Skyward Sword appearances be what they do. They can always tweak them somewhat if they want, but they make things a lot more interesting because it isn't the same design as the last game. Personally, that's what I'd like.

And I want Zelda split from Sheik, I already consider her perfectly viable for what I do as it is, so I don't need her to be better. I'd just like a new Down-B. Though I do think that if Sheik/Zelda are split they'd change how they build the two of them. Just as I'm sure the PT trio were designed as they were because of the switching mechanic.

But, as... someone pointed out (sorry, can't remember who) Impa having as many appearances as she does definitely does make her warrant inclusion over Sheik, and updating her appearance and such is far more valid to me than it is to do the same to Sheik.

As for Impa vs. Tingle, the two don't need to be opposed in the slighest, as I'm wanting Impa to replace Sheik's moveset more or less. Which wouldn't really alter the number of playable Zelda characters in the slightest. Whether Tingle gets in or not has more to do with how polarizing his inclusion would be in general. Which personally is why I'd vote against him over other hypothetical Zelda reps, though I don't think Ghirahim should get in over him. At least Tingle has shown up in multiple games, whereas Ghirahim is immensely unlikely to do so.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Skyward Sword marks the new direction of the series. Hence this redesign is important, thus it seems to me likely they will indeed opt for those designs.
Sure about that? I happen to quite like Skyward Sword's visuals but I haven't seen anything to suggest that this is the way Zelda will be from now on. It's not like the series stuck with cel-shading for very long. The next Zelda may go back to OOT/TP-esque designs, stick with Skyward Sword's style, or do something completely different.

Sheik also is not really part of the main trio anyways if Toon Link isn't. I think it's a good thing to have both Skyward Sword and Wind Waker as the main series represented for Zelda in this game.
Sheik is part of the main trio in the sense that she's a part of Zelda. Link/Zelda/Sheik/Ganondorf have had consistent designs in both Melee and Brawl. The fourth slot seems more of a wildcard to me. It could be that we have Tingle or Ghirahim given that slot.

Whatever Zelda Wii U will bring will most likely affect next Smash.
Probably true. Skyward Sword pushed the Wii to it's limits in terms of graphical capabilities. If they want to use Zelda as a showcase for visuals again, they might go for an updated TP look like they did in the tech demo. But then again, it could be something completely different. Who knows.

D

Deleted member

Your missing the point, Im not saying she will get new installments under her belt, but it would pointless for them to exclude her because they might have to change or boot her in the future, i wouldnt mind if they did that at all.
Except you're missing MY point. I never said that she should be excluded solely because they might have to do it in the future.
I'm talking about a hypothetical to where she WAS in Smash 4 for the purpose of replacing Sheik because Sheik is irrelevant, but then becomes irrelevant herself (or at the very least, is old or fat again without any combat skills). By the logic, young Impa could not be used because she is irrelevant. So either Fat or Old Impa gets in for the sake of relevance or Impa gets cut altogether.
Since, you know, Sakurai shouldn't just drag everything from the previous installment because it would be limiting.

Yea she could be held to the same thing we are holding sheik to now, but really as it stands impa already has much more going for her from all the past games as well, but no she is not above being cut later i never said that. Im not saying zelda will magically be better either, but with that change she might have a chance to get some new moves and something to at least make her different which could be for the better.
Impa really doesn't have much going for her other than Skyward Sword, and even then, Impa is far behind Ghirahim in requests for Smash, which is what really matters most for a Newcomer candidate; Relevance means jack.
You see, Sakurai doesn't really give a flying one about making sure every Zelda character is completely relevant. If that were the case, Sheik would not have been in Brawl, and Zelda would be using a rapier and borrowing moves from her time as Ganondorf's puppet instead of using magic Link used in OoT.

And no, whether she keeps Sheik, has Sheik replaced by Impa, or doesn't transform/switch at all, she has the same exact chance to have a revamped moveset either way. The only difference is that no Sheik or Impa switch means she would have a new Down Special at the very least, but even then, there is no guarantee it'd make her any better. Look what happened to Ganondorf. He got new moves and he's the worst character of Brawl. (Not endorsing Captain Ganon, just making a point that new moves can just as easily break a character as they can make them.)

Tingle has a legitimate hatebase, and since minish cap he has been relegated to easter eggs (essentially kicked out of zelda games), and he has the largest market closed off to him since his games never made it stateside. He has more going against him than for him, and if he did get in it would be more on his merits in his own games then zelda since hes never been nothing more than a recurring nobody anyway. Just because he has spin offs doesnt mean he deserves to be in as a zelda rep, hell even groose in his one appearence has gained what it took tingle years to build up as far as a fanbase goes.
The "hatebase" that you speak of is gross overexaggeration. There is no legitimate way to determine his hatebase unless multiple scientific polls are made.
The one poll on Nintendo's website about Rupeeland being released in the US is not a good example.
While it cannot be denied that Tingle does have notable unpopularity within the US, to claim that his hatebase is "legitimate" while completely ignoring the other end of the spectrum, the fanbase, is also heavily flawed.
Aside from that, his overall fanbase is much larger than his supposed "hatebase" when you also factor in Japan and Europe, since his "hate" pretty much is attributed to America exclusively, and is simply more loud than the fanbase.

As for a "recurring nobody", he has done more than what can be said of Impa, who's "major roles" within the games she's can just be pointed to Skyward Sword. Afterall, you literally can't complete Wind Waker without him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
^Agreed fully.

Also, in Majora's Mask, it's easy to get lost without his maps.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not quite. Ganondorf would probably require some changes in proportions. The Wind Waker style made the guys have longer upper bodies and it makes the buff guys like some of the pirates and Ganondorf appear top heavy and/or stocky as you can see here.

Meanwhile, compare Groose and Demise whose upper body:lower body ratios are realistic and have roughly the same build.
[COLLAPSE="Groosinator"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Sure about that? I happen to quite like Skyward Sword's visuals but I haven't seen anything to suggest that this is the way Zelda will be from now on. It's not like the series stuck with cel-shading for very long. The next Zelda may go back to OOT/TP-esque designs, stick with Skyward Sword's style, or do something completely different.

Sheik is part of the main trio in the sense that she's a part of Zelda. Link/Zelda/Sheik/Ganondorf have had consistent designs in both Melee and Brawl. The fourth slot seems more of a wildcard to me. It could be that we have Tingle or Ghirahim given that slot.

Probably true. Skyward Sword pushed the Wii to it's limits in terms of graphical capabilities. If they want to use Zelda as a showcase for visuals again, they might go for an updated TP look like they did in the tech demo. But then again, it could be something completely different. Who knows.
Zelda's been using cel-shading since the Wind Waker, or at least has used the art style to some degree like in the handheld Zelda games since then. Really, only Twilight Princess and OoT 3D didn't use any sort of cel-shading.

Skyward Sword's art style struck me as an evolution of the previous console Zelda art styles. BTW, Zelda has NEVER been realistic. They're really only realistic in terms of proportions, but you could arguably apply that to Skyward Sword as well. Final Fantasy looks more realistic than any of the Zelda games.

And testing the technical capabilities of a game doesn't always lie in how "realistic" the graphics are. Things like the number of things on screen at any given time, the quality of lighting, physics, cloth and hair animations, etc. are the smaller, but very telling details for how computing intensive a game is.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For Ganondorf, I'd prefer his OoT design. His WW design always felt like, meh.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Zelda's been using cel-shading since the Wind Waker, or at least has used the art style to some degree like in the handheld Zelda games since then. Really, only Twilight Princess and OoT 3D didn't use any sort of cel-shading.
True. But in the same way, I can say that really only PH and ST have used cel-shading to the same degree WW did.

Skyward Sword's art style struck me as an evolution of the previous console Zelda art styles. BTW, Zelda has NEVER been realistic. They're really only realistic in terms of proportions, but you could arguably apply that to Skyward Sword as well. Final Fantasy looks more realistic than any of the Zelda games.
I know Zelda has never been realistic, and I don't want it to be. But Skyward Sword's impressionist art style is a clear departure from the style seen in OOT/TP. Twilight Princess is virtually the same style as OOT, plus detailed elements like stitching on Link's tunic.

Skyward Sword is radically different from that style. And it's not just about style, either - there are fundamental changes in character design. Take what I said about Zelda - she bears almost no resemblance to the Zelda from OOT/TP. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it worked well with SS's setting, but it highlights how different the change from TP to SS was than the change from OOT to TP.

And testing the technical capabilities of a game doesn't always lie in how "realistic" the graphics are. Things like the number of things on screen at any given time, the quality of lighting, physics, cloth and hair animations, etc. are the smaller, but very telling details for how computing intensive a game is.
I know that. But making a semi-realistic looking game in the same vein as OOT/TP would seem to be a fairly standard way of demonstrating the console's ability to display small details. It's just a hunch, I'm not making any predictions.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, there are very significant differences between the three games. Twilight Princess was the least saturated in color amongst all three and is the one that's closest to a realistic style. You can see this in the designs of the monsters especially. Skyward Sword was the most saturated in color and the most animated in expressions for monsters. OoT was the middle of the ground when it came to coloring and monster design. Basically, Twilight Princess was an attempt of going Dark and Edgier with OoT's artstyle.

When it comes to Zelda herself, of course she doesn't bear much of a resemblance to them. She never once dresses like either of them and is arguably more outgoing and cheerful than any of her non Toon Zelda appearances. The changes in clothes and personality can make a big difference.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
SS Link and Zelda.
OOT Ganondorf and Sheik.
WW Link.
Tingle for his own games.

These are the designs I would choose.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So, what about music?
Thats a good question, there have been a ton of great zelda themes that have come since the last game. And thats not even counting all the new versions of classic themes we could get as well

Id like cloud tops from minish cap to get a new version, and if used on a skyloft stage it could go pretty well with it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You know guys... what if Sheik is going to reappear in the next Zelda game? Sheik has as much a chance of returning as anyone. Nintendo is free to do whatever they want with their characters. After all, Sheik was almost in Twilight Princess, but was cut in favor of the "robed Zelda".

I'd prefer Impa replace Sheik, but if Sheik happens to star in the next iteration of the series, then we can definitely expect her to return in Smash (not that anyone shouldn't expect her to be returning, she still has the upper hand against Impa).

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
The possibility is there, but given they dropped the idea of her appearing in TP, and there has been no hint of Sheik in SS or other Zelda games, coupled with Impa only receiving a larger role in SS and explanation for her role in the series, I'd say that the odds of a new Sheik are immensely unlikely. Not impossible perhaps, but not likely at all. Though ultimately Impa and Sheik are entirely possible in the sense of coexisting, one of the larger drives I have for supporting Impa is to replace Sheik, so the two are related at least for me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IF Sheik is in Zelda Wii U, yeah, likely she'll be in Smash. But she wasn't scrapped from Twilight Princess for no reason. She has some serious issues going against her, as her presence would means that she's Zelda in disguise, so she'd spoil the plot immediately.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Unless Sheik's appearance is not centered around a plot twist. If she were to reappear, everyone would know she was Zelda (unless she wasn't!). Her role could then be built into something more than elusion.

But yeah, as The Legend of Zelda publicly stands now, Impa is more important than Sheik.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Of course not. Just two posts ago, I said this:
(not that anyone shouldn't expect her to be returning, she still has the upper hand against Impa).
Impa is more important to the franchise thematically, but Sheik holds the upper hand because of Smash recurrence.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Of course not. Just two posts ago, I said this:

Impa is more important to the franchise thematically, but Sheik holds the upper hand because of Smash recurrence.
You're the first realistic Impa supporter I think I've heard from on these boards.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Spire is a realistic Impa supporter because he is not Impaniac like Diddy is? :troll:

Top Bottom