• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Characters mostly use their most iconic abilities, or abilities best representing their series (say, for the StarFox / Mother characters). Sheik is not the most iconic thing Zelda did. Pure and simple.
The "Sheik is Zelda thing" might actually be one of the most iconic things that happened with Zelda. In fact, Nintendo even repeated the "you-thought-this-character-was-not-Zelda-but-it-is-Zelda" again afterwords with Tetra.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Right. The concept you seemed to have missed is that the Zelda with "two forms" in Ocarina was repeated in Wind Waker. Fans liked the Sheik/Zelda surprise and developers did too, which may have been why it was repeated. At least pretend to be somewhat logical.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, but thing is: Tetra is not Sheik.
But it's the same concept. The same idea: a character who secretly is Zelda. The first character to have this attribute is Sheik.

Also, Sheik has become iconic by herself, since there are cameos in Scribblenauts Unlimited and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, two third party games featuring references to Nintendo games.

Tetra may not be Sheik, but is based on the same concept of Zelda having an alter ego.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Bowserlick.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I cannot pretend something is logical when it's not.

D

Deleted member

The most iconic thing Zelda's ever done by your logic is be useless and get either kidnapped or cursed depending on the game. Or possessed.

Hell, if it's all about what is iconic for Zelda, then she shouldn't be playable at all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She's a Goddess incarnation in Skyward Sword. Why the **** should she turn into a ninja?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
She's a Goddess incarnation in Skyward Sword. Why the **** should she turn into a ninja?
The same reason that the princess who fought against twilight invaders did.

CAUSE SAKURAI!!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This.

Why would her descendant do, by that logic? Zelda has her powers because she's the Goddess reincarnated. The Hylian Royal Family descends from Skyward Sword Zelda, thus they all inherit her magical powers.

You could argue that all Zeldas are reincarnations of the Goddess, which is sort of true, since the powers are preserved across the generations.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ah, another example of Zelda having two forms. A goddess who became mortal, a princess raised as a pirate, and a princess also disguised as a Sheikah ninja. Almost seems like transformation is a theme. You might even say ICONIC.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah. It's a pretty big difference. And Sheik would only be iconic if she herself was the transformation every time. Which she isn't. So Sheik isn't iconic.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately for you, being a "Goddess reincarnate" doesn't mean anything as the only thing she's seemingly capable of doing is sleeping in a crystal.
Otherwise, she's just a typical mortal.

So again, since Zelda apparently should have only things that are "iconic" to her in Smash, she has literally nothing to use, meaning she should not be playable.

Aside from that, being known as a goddess reincarnate is not that iconic by your logic, as it's only touched upon in ONE GAME. None of the future Zeldas were goddesses, just ancestors of a mortal who USED TO BE a goddess.

D

Deleted member

And here's why no one likes talking to you about this issue; you've got your head so far up your ass in bias, it's hard to tell if the **** is coming out your ass itself or your mouth.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All I'm seeing is bias towards Sheik however. Shame she was cut for Twilight Princess. Otherwise the game might've been called ****** Princess. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Yes, ignore major counterpoints to your heavily flawed and biased logic that don't even MENTION Sheik, and just label it as a "bias for Sheik". :glare:

You know what? I was going to try to have a decent discussion with you in regards to your points in favor of Impa through PM (which you never provided me), but I can see now that you're too incredibly biased for that skinny hermaphrodite snank to ever have any "decent" discussion on the issue.

What I'm going to do now is just bide my time, and wait for when it is inevitably revealed that Zelda can still become Sheik in Smash 4 and Impa is not even a seperate character. Then I'm going to strike so hard to add insult to injury, that you end up strangling yourself with your Impa blow-up doll filled with joint.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All I'm seeing is bias towards Sheik however. Shame she was cut for Twilight Princess. Otherwise the game might've been called ****** Princess. :troll:
You're just trolling people at this point aren't you?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Nah. It's a pretty big difference. And Sheik would only be iconic if she herself was the transformation every time. Which she isn't. So Sheik isn't iconic.
R.O.B. can't be considered iconic then. I mean he only saved the Video Game Industry ONE time then.
Many iconic characters have only appeared once. It's the importance of the character, not how relevant a character is.

You also seem to love to ignore how Smash Brothers isn't canon at all. Skyward Sword Zelda can still be able to turn into Sheik if the developers wanted her to. Impa would be fine enough as her own character with her own moveset. She is prominent enough next to Tingle after all.

It's also tough to want to support a character if people like you try to force feed it into everyone.

D

Deleted member

Don't bother AEM.
You'd have a better shot at convincing Ove to change his ways about Adeleine.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm in doubt as to whether it's a pro- Impa thread or an anti-Sheik thread. :rolleyes:

And Diddy hasn't yet posted his wonderful moveset for Impa? :smirk:

If a die-hard Impa supporter can't come up with a moveset for her, Impa definitely lacks potential. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm in doubt as to whether it's a pro- Impa thread or an anti-Sheik thread. :rolleyes:

And Diddy hasn't yet posted his wonderful moveset for Impa? :smirk:

If a die-hard Impa supporter can't come up with a moveset for her, Impa definitely lacks potential. :troll:
Even my Duck Hunt Dog thread is a pro-Duck Hunt Dog thread even though it doesn't get much activity. And hey, I even came up with a moveset for the dog. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I said I was gonna make a moveset, but not when I would have it ready. :rolleyes: Good things come to those who wait they say.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Diddy will have an Impa moveset ready by Smash 5. That is, after Sakurai decides to add her. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First, y'all hate Impa, now you can't wait for a moveset?

What is this, I don't even...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
First, y'all hate Impa, now you can't wait for a moveset?

What is this, I don't even...
It's not like we all hate Impa. We hate the way you want to present her in smash and how strong headed you are on the subject.

I mean I'd be fine with Impa with her own moveset. I just don't think that it's a good idea to remove Sheik for her, thats all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Dude, you just entered the discussion this page. What do you know about how I discuss Impa? :rolleyes:

Thing is, I can't really decide what moves I really want to use for Impa. Cause I have basically too many ideas. I feel Impa could have a style close to hybrid of Sheik and Lucario's styles. Maybe even be a mix of Zelda and Sheik even. As I feel she could have a lot of magic in her moves as well. But faster than Zelda. But overall, she'll be a quick combo based character.

Will write it later. Not today, maybe tomorrow.
If I'm sober.

D

Deleted member

He's a lurker and friend of mine.
He knows ALL about your annoying propoganda.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well one thing about Impa, if she clones Shiek's moveset, she would be very easy to add to the game. They could do the following

Zelda, WW Zelda/Tetra, Impa

That is 3 chars with Impa just being a copy over of the previous Shiek.

Top Bottom