• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Bits - 3 DAY Brawl/Melee - October 23-25 - Miami, FL (Read quote top 1st pos

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
So... anyone going to this today?

Also, do the TVs over there accept component cables?

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm not sure about going today, though. It depends on whether or not they could use component cables so that I could get a discount. =P

Ruuku

Smash Lord
To everyone, I don't think that there is internet access at the convention center. So if you have any questions, either call me the convention or call me at 786.269.7897. Ask for Luc or Ruuku.

So... anyone going to this today?

Also, do the TVs over there accept component cables?

We're gonna have most of the setups on Saturday and Sunday since a lot of people are only coming for the tournaments. So today's gonna more chill for the Smash games. Like I said before, whether doubles happen and how many setups I'll have to use today and the rest of the weekend almost entirely depends on what you all bring. Getting tube TVs randomly is tough these days. Not only that, I was kinda put in charge of this late. :dizzy:

We have a lot of LCD panels so component cables can be used if that's all you have.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh, I don't think I can go today anyways. My car is being repaired and won't be back until later today, so...

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Nothing much happened yesterday. Soul Calibur tournament was fun.

Tomorrow I'm gonna start the Brawl tournament at 1pm at the latest. Registration starts at 10am. I currently have 7 TVs. I have 4 Wiis with Brawl. So that makes it 4 full setups so far. So I basically need at least 3 Wiis with Brawl and 3 full setups.

I'm gonna need a lot of Melee setups on Sunday though.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Remember everyone, I'm really trying to start everything at noon but I'm willing to delay a bit if people are a bit late. If you already signed and may be late, please give me a call at 786-269-7897.

And to the Melee contestants, I saw a couple of good people playing last night. So there can definitely be some competition.;)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I just got a call from the convention head. It appears that the tournament was suppose to start at 11 am on their information sheet+website. But we deciding to start at noon since only 16 people signed up for singles and/or doubles so far. I'm heading over there right now. I can no longer be reached online.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
53 entrants, amazing turnout.

Me and chaz split, me gaining rank number one by means of single match rock/paper/siscors.

Underground 3rd
Polt 4th
Random amazing amazing wario 5th
I believe Kith also got 5th.

Waft-OLi

Smash Journeyman
GGs to everyone that was my first real offline tourney and i think i placed pretty well.. i need to learn the yoshi match up and the ddd matchup lol I look forward to attending future Florida tourneys because i know i can actually win one.

DC.Eden

Smash Cadet
This tournament was really fun. :D

Also I forgort my old account <_<..........

McRib

Smash Journeyman
I told you it would be a good turnout Siebrik, listen when the BONESAW is speaking.

Hope you did good on our test.

Good **** Chaz, Seibrik, and Carlos(Kith), or just FIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I couldn't go -_- Whasss goin on, and is it streaming?
Streaming isn't possible in the venue since I can't get online there.

I had car problems, so I couldn't go. :(

Results!?
It actually was 49 people for doubles and 10 teams for singles. The singles results are as Seibrik said. Seibrik and Chaz took 1st and Kith and Poltergust took 2nd.

I heard that no one is expected to show up for melee.... I'm not paying 25 bucks to be the only person to show up....
I can tell you that only one person signed up as of yesterday around 5pm. Seibrik said he would come and some good Falco player's supposedly showing up. What I can definitely tell you is that I'm gonna try my best to do something for Melee, even with people showing a lack of support.

Also, this isn't a Melee tournament. This is a video game convention featuring many forms of entertainment related to video gaming, including video games tournaments. The focus isn't tournaments but it is part of the experience.

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Nice job waft, had a feeling you'd do pretty well after playing you online, lol. We still have to mm :O

And....bracket plox?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I regret not going to this, I was expecting Brawl to cover up two days (cuz I have stuff to do today) :[

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i'll be there for mad melee/brawl friendlies all dayyyyy

place is really chill and alot of fun, i wouldn't have regreted going even if there was no tourny yestarday.

and different from anime conventions, for some reasons the majority of the girls and a video convention are redic. cute.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Good tournament, Ruuku. I was actually surprised that as many people showed up as they did. >.>

*sigh* I was this close to beating Seibrik. Like, last match, last stock, 150% each close. That would have been such a huge upset... :(

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to get my $2 from him. I fail so hard. >_<

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Seibrik and Chaz. Kith and I took 2nd.

I have no idea who got 3rd. Some people who thought using Captain Falcon in the loser's finals was a good idea.

Top Bottom