• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
True, but can we even talk about those two groups of players (INNsomniacs and EastTennesseeans) in relation to each other when so few have ever actually played? I mean, if KO and KOmpany come to a bw or INN5, then we can consider them, but otherwise it's an even more isolated group than us, so we can't really place them.
But think about this. He will be attending START and hold his own smashfest within the next few weeks, and that is just now. What about later? Im sure just with those two things he can get an idea.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@Zane- So i'm guessing you make the decisions as to who is on the panel? Anyways, I really want to be on the panel, I know Nite is a shoe-in and i'm in the same crew but... there will be no biased decision and/or teaming up or whatever coming from me. If I did make the panel and was ever rightfully accused of being biased towards my crew members or something like that I would gladly hang up my panelist hat. I feel like I have a lot that could add to the panel and I can't speak for anyone else but I really care about the subject. I've already gotten a lot of votes from people to be on the panel including some of the already confirmed panelists and I think I would like to at least be given a chance. :)

As for KO, even though he does live out there, he has no idea about anyone out this way where 90% of the smashers are so he wouldn't be able to compare. Nite and Chad who are confirmed panelists and pooosibly me will be going to START smashing and will be able to play a bunch of random dudes to try and place some of them amongst the rest of the smashers out this way that we've played.

btw saber- Chicken & Dressing will be back in full force for this biweekly. :bigthumbu

Hey everyone I'm new here. I was directed to this site by Lance and recommended to start entering tournaments to increase my skill level and experience. So is the next bi-weekly this Saturday? I'm gonna start coming to them as often as I can.
You dudes know the drill. Show him that southern hospitality INNsomniacs are known for!

Nite

Smash Champion
Good stuff Scribs. You have hilarious films, I hate dial-up though.

Lance- What are you up to today, I'm gonna hop in the shower and get on my school work. Just wanted to know to see if you wanted to play smash later. It's been a little while.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I *think* I am now somewhat caught up on what's going on. I like how I become a mod when I'm the busiest I've been in a while with preparing for the Portfolio Review, normal college work, Japanese class, and a whole whole lot of drama. I'll do my best though.
Good stuff Scribs. You have hilarious films, I hate dial-up though.

Lance- What are you up to today, I'm gonna hop in the shower and get on my school work. Just wanted to know to see if you wanted to play smash later. It's been a little while.

School work for the win, good job Nite ;)

Sandbox

Smash Cadet
Makes me happy that Lance is coming back!!! I havent been destoryed with that dress in a long time.

Hope you make it Azure, Its a ton of fun. Come and join the family! :chuckle:

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
What are you talking about Lance? We are a cult.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I made an alternate banner where you can see "Runaway7" in its full form. Just incase you like that better.

IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/CO_Brad/NBConstruction07cog.jpg[/IMG]

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I read Zane's mission statement, and I approve of the power rankings thread. Just hit me up on AIM Zane and i'll hook you up with a poll for the last TN panelist position.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
This is off topic, but I'm sure everyone will want to see these. The opening, a new trailer, and random new gameplay vids of Twilight Princess have been released. I, personally, am not going to watch any of them, because they apparently feature a decent number of spoilers, and that ruined Wind Waker for me. However, for those of you who want them, links ahoy (pun lol):

Official Trailer (2'05") (Moderate spoilers)
http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUqxVKd5q0 (YouTube mirror)

Opening (1'20") (Low spoilers)
http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y88M-AQztl0 (YouTube mirror)

Gameplay Snippets (JP version) (Moderate spoilers)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol5/movie03.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol5/movie04.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol5/movie05.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol5/movie06.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol5/movie07.html

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
I watched the new trailer and it didnt spoil anything really. It just got me even more hyper to play my man Link's newest adventure. I have to do good this biweekly with Link to do him homage before Twilight Princess comes out. HAHAHAHA

And its awesome you are getting to come again Lance. So does that mean you can drive some people again?

superdeeber028

Smash Cadet
man i wish it was school work ftw. I have been loaded with crap that no matter how hard i work i'm gonna get a C. totally gay but anyway... this is really nerve-wrecking about these panelist positions. I hate to say it guys but i wont be making it to this biweekly... I've got a Navy/Marine Corps Ball to go to and i can't get out of it. I'd love to go but between all the school work, 3 jobs, and the little bit of sleep i get, my life sucks for smash...

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Oh, and no, those guys didn't have to be the exact panelists, they just seemed to be everyeone w/ the most votes.

I like the poll idea for the panelist Mookie. Next time we're both on we'll work it out

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Yes I say we do it democratically! List all of those mentioned, even if they don't seem up to it, and then we vote. I would say that would work for the other places but there are enough.

*Poll for AR*
Vote for two of the following:
a.) Prinze Zane
b.) Chamberlin

Ah the choices.

*edit*
T'was a post from your neighborhood commander. Sorry. Extra post for SmashMaster.

superdeeber028

Smash Cadet
@CO_Brad: wow man, both of those banners look good to me.... i think i like the new one better though... have you checked out the shirt thing yet???

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
@CO_Brad: wow man, both of those banners look good to me.... i think i like the new one better though... have you checked out the shirt thing yet???
Cool you using the other banner. And yeah I checked that stuff out. I'll get working on the shirt soon. Also watch double posting. Admins get cranky about it and I would hate to see a Run7 member banned.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
All you have to do when you read Iori's posts is to imagine him actually saying the words. Then the meaning will become obvious. Once you understand what he said, you can then imagine Naruto saying it really fast, then giving the thumbs up and shouting "Believe it!" Then you can try explaining to the other people near you why you just fell over laughing.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Yeah, the new trailer is freakin bad. Gametrailers.com has a better version than IGN for anyone that cares.

And yeah...I didnt know that Iori had gone anywhere. Maybe he was referring to the boards. And I am with Night<---(HAHAHAHA), at least he didnt ask us to join again. HAHAHA

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
And was it me or did Metaknight wavedash? .
I think that was just the new roll. Pit and Captain Falcon "ahem"(I mean Snake) :) do it too. And congrats Chamber! Fox is in this one too. * Luigi whimpers"please GOD no shine this time"

yeah thanks for posting the link Night

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I like the fact that you can crouch-walk in Brawl. Means that crawling can be a new mindgame :laugh:

Is it just me or does a lot of those stages look to be the same thing but just with a different scenario? (3 Platforms and then the ground level.)

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
it looks slower like smash 64. did you see how slow mario's tornado press was?
OMG zero suit samus played kind of like sheik........noooooose!

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
the maker of the banner would be the great lvl9. OMG teh sheik lazers!
i thought zero suit was supposed to have a sword. I really don't know what could be worse giving sheik the lazors or marths sword either way YOU LOOSE............dibs on zero suit samus! lol

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I think IHSB beat you to Zamus. So we will now get the prettyness of Samus with the tilts of Sheik and sword/whip of Marth and the lasers of Falco. Horray! But one has to wonder...Can Zamus SuperWaveDash and will the Windmill of Fury still be affective.

I myself am going to go out on a limb to guess a few of Run7 members mains. Zero-Ness, SmashterLink-Link, Me-Mario. I heard Lance say he wanted Crash Bandicoot in the game so maybe he'll main him.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm betting on Fizz taking whoever the prettiest male character is. And Zamus' dash attack (2:09 in the trailer) seems to be a Fox/Falco type running kick. Which shouldn't be too bad for WoFing with ^_^ I'm just hoping they show normal Samus soon, because my favorite stage for her (Pokemissile Spamium) seems to be back in all its original glory.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I just watched the trailer again...a few times and made some observations of everyone's favorite plumber.

Seventeen Seconds into the trailer you will see Mario performing his Fair. Now if you watch carefully he hits both Pikachu and Kirby. The odd thing is that Pika goes sideways more in the fashion of Doc's fair but Kirby goes down like the spike of Mr. Nintendo. Which means two things: They gave Mario a mix because Doc is gone, Yay; And he is going to be that much fresher. Hopefully his spike will be non-meteor so it kills like Falco's Dair.

Also twenty seconds in you will notice Mario giving an all to familiar beat down to the Hylian. He does a few moves in this but the main attraction is his down+b tornado. It looks and seems to combo more like his original from Smash64. Now if it can be used in recovery like his current one I will be happy.

I have also made a list of all returning visible moves Mario performs and here they are:
F-smash, U-air, Neutral B, Forward B, Up-smash, D-smash, F-air, Up-tilt, Down B.

Enjoy!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Some more notes: At 0:17, when Mario fairs, he also platform cancels the landing lag from it, so I'm glad that made it back in. And, at 0:32, Kirby definitely short hops a fair, so at least that semi-advanced tech is still in. Lastly, at 2:11, Zamus does some move that makes her kick straight down to the ground, much like Yoshi/Bowser's down B. Since no dair has ever had an effect this dramatic on any characters position/speed, I'm guessing that this is also her downB, meaning that slot is not available for a stupid Sheik/Zelda-esque transform. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom