• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
The only problem with that is...Kosk doesn't play anyone in the area. Lots of the high and mid players play everyone lots and are smarter at understanding this kind of thing in general and because they're closer to the lower end, they have a better understanding of who's better than who in that area.

Next smashfest, Round Robin tournament Alex+Steve+AJ+Max

that'll be epic. I'll play in it too, but this will decide your spots :p

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
**** SON!

Max and I went even, so this will be intense. I'm going to give everyone one the Clap when I **** them! Kudos to whoever gave me that joke when I was playing Daphne.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
I really should have played more games against other people.

For the next smashfest, James, maybe we should go with winner switches until the round robin starts, that way you don't go like 30+ matches in a row XD

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
you mean 50+ matches in a row?
lol no

Loser out motivates people to win. Best of 3 sets all the way.

just stay later for more games lol

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I played just aboute veryone lol, just not you. Because you left early. :/

me and Steve are teaming officially for brawl in MOST3. Confirm "WHY LEAFY WHY!?" for brawl doubles.

And btw, when you say it, you have to shout it with a hint of agony in your voice.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
O rly

**** SON!

Max and I went even, so this will be intense. I'm going to give everyone one the Clap when I **** them! Kudos to whoever gave me that joke when I was playing Daphne.

Ya I said the clap thing, also who am I proving myself 2 and lastly I need a 2v2 partner for N64 smash and brawl for the next tourny let me know if ur interested

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I got no teamziez so far. Might team with lvl 3 Ikes in melee and 64 then a lvl 3 Pichu in Brawl...

jkz

And I'll confirm your team for the tourney LEAFY WHY?!?!?!???!

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
you mean 50+ matches in a row?
lol no

Loser out motivates people to win. Best of 3 sets all the way.

just stay later for more games lol
I had life that day, unfortunately. Best of three sets sound fine, if you teach me how the neutral stage works.

Saturday will be baller. Either way, being on the OST and top 10 in the region rankings for Brawl is something to be proud of, even if i do drop from 7-10 (getting slammed by Ness, DK, and Falco XD)

how bouts the new avatar. Methinks Alex should make one for everyone (I wanna see Cakes head on Ness, and Jamesees face instead of the random dot.

Oh, and confrim the two UBC-O Alexs for MOST3 as Team Collateral Damage. Which is exactly what it sounds like.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I heard CC wanted it just to be a smashfest on Saturday. Well, it is. There's just gonna be a mini tourney for a select few players sometime after everyone leaves or whatever.

Also, for this one, I'm asking again, GET UBCO PEOPLE TO BRING TVS OR SOMETHING. I can only bring one this time, we need more.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
We can always take our TV and move to the room next to us for the mini-tourney, James. It's saturday, so it should work out.

What is our relationship to the other "BC Canada" thread?

Also, are there any good Ikes there? tournaments?

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
Move me up on the tier list i beat Fazha and i beat AJ no matter what anyone says. He just hacked.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
yes, bring your own freakin controllers. What are you nubs?
lol CC is like "I could walk 2 minutes to get one but I didn't"
what a douche. ;D

ggs

I call having my sheild, jump and grab buttons totally backwards and ****ing me up johns as to why I lost 2 matches. At least when I switched my controls back I got to screw around and still won. Redeemed myself from that embarrassing set. Funny how I still won a match with messed up controls and didn't even notice they were messed up yet. lol I play so simply. Tech skill? Who needs it!? And technically the matches Max won weren't legit cause of my control malfunction, but I'll let him have them cause he would've made second anyway. ggs though. lololol
johns

Max, Bair more and SHDL instead of just one laser at a time and you'll be good to go.

Steve, nice work, patience more and PKT2 them in the air more.

AJ, gimp and charge that pawnch!

Alex Fazha, closest matches were between you and a few others where it came down to last hit wins. And you pulled through, with IKE! Get a second character and you'll pwn.

Alex CC, nice work with that Ganon and Snake. Little practice and those 2 can be manly. Mainly nades and mines, chokes and uairs.

Results later ;)

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Also, I was originally of the mind that Zyfe and CC should move up, but that might just be because they used Marth, Olimar, and Snake against my Ike. Im currently learning 2 subs now.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Yeah sorry about the screaming...I get a bit intense sometimes, and ya good matches guys.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Hah whats wrong with that? It's pretty funny.

How do you think NHL players feel when they play away games.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Yelling during matches is alright, but not every time you go to attack. *coughCCcough*

James, fill me in. Is it Kaelyn's or UBCO next weekend?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'll know on Thursday what's going on. Add neither to that list for me too. I might go to Big White instead, got an offer I might not be able to turn down. lol

UBCO can go on without me but someone else would have to bring the extra set ups/drive the other people. I still have talk to Kaelen and Chris but I was gonna go meleezin on a weekday. Sowy mang. :\
Saturday might work but there are so many options. lol

Tier list discussion changes should go on now. MSN preferably.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
My thoughts on tier list changes:

-Interesting facts:

1)Lib, Cake and I have a weird 3-way tie going, in which I beat Lib, Cake beat me, and Lib beat Cake.

2) Where Dotz did manage to beat everyone in the above category, his stage knowledge is worriesome. He lost his set to CC because of it, and if I had CPed Yoshi's Gamecube again it's not outside the realm of possibility to say that I could have taken a game off of him. I was 3% away from doing it in game 2. Also, just the fact that his Falco twice went to one stock against my Ike is room for concern.

3) I am not as good as my placing suggests. All of my fights were close, granted, but I finished the tourney with 15 losses out of a possible 18, while scoring 10 wins. The only set I really won handily was against Lib, in which Kirk possesed my controller and preceded to show poor AJ no sympathy.

4)Falco's Chaingrab caught everyone else off-guard. With time, we'll all learn to deal with recovering from the spike. Three times I had the chance to do so against Dotz, and simply did not know how to pull it off.

Just my thoughts, if it was up to me Dotz takes the top spot in high tier, followed by Lib, Cake, then myself.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Man, reading a few of these post, this CC guy sounds like quite the jerk. Thankfully he is no one I know or could be confused with.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
UBCO is still happening, we'll have a mini round-robbin tournament without James and have some team friendlies/basic tutorials for people new to the competitive aspect. If we could get Cake's Wii, I might chip in and buy one. Where can I get me some GCN controllas?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Not Zellers.

I choked in all sets that I lost except against James, thus my horrible 0-3 and 1-3. Chicken Fry johns too. more johns here and there, and I didn't have tag integration after switching between three of them, so that cased me downfall too. Had I done that, I would've won more.

Try Zellers actually. They maaay have some in Westbank or Kelowna, but also check EB games and stuff. idk. If anything, ebay. lolol

Law class is so slack. Telling some story about courts and stuff, and ****, I'm writing this post here. lololol.

What's everyone doing this weekend? If I can't arrange something with Kaelyn, I'm going to UBCO. Do we have a room? And are you guys bringing TVs?

Also, Fazha, Chris, or any other Westside people, or anyone really if you guys want to travel to Penticton, send me a PM, text me (cell is on front page), post here or message me on msn (It's on the front page if you don't have it) if you want to come to my place to smash. I just need a day or two advance notice. This week I'm free on Tuesday and Thursday, Saturday if I can't work anything out with UBCO or Kaelyn/Chris. It also has to be after 3 sometime on weekdays.

See? Law is slack. STILL talking, and the guy beside me is playing some game on addictinggames.com

Trozz

Smash Ace
Rent went up, pay went down. I'm too poor to make a habit of driving to another city to smash. T-T

So, I Starcraft.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
O man you play sc? I am very good for a white guy, I'd love to have you a game when you have the time I play on fish server and US west name is frenchling

Top Bottom