• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
What I've never understood is why it's warmer in the Okanagan year round than California yet we're more North than the lower mainland. Messed up dawg. I guess that's why we get more hot girls in the area than the rest of NA...can't complain.

It's a shame our smash community is so ****ty HAHAHAHAHAH

um... ehem...

SC *****. I still haven't posted results for TC7 but I'm pretty sure I won, teehee, and MOST3 is looking like a delay is a good idea (personal issues)

Armstrong guys would totally go visit in loops. Where the F*** has Sessy been these days? Imma call him tomorrow.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Welcome to the right thread SBB (I see what you did there, cool haha)

Go play Trozz, he's cool.

I haven't really been in contact with Kaelen but we've been playing phone/msn tag and I might go up to Vernon today. Are you good to go AJ?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I can't today. I'm probably going to go to UBCO on Sat though.

Hey, Fazha, if I can get to your place, can I hitch a ride with you to UBCO? PM me your address and phone # if so.

Is anyone bringing a TV to UBCO, or are we just going to have the projector? I'm wanting Melee this weekend, so I want at least one Melee setup, guys. Tri-smash, remember, and we haven't had much melee lately! CC, no yelling in my ear when playing as Bowser please.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Would it be an over nijght one? If so, I could. I just gotta wait until I see when I work. They ****ed up my schedule, having me work when I'm at school and stuff. <.<

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Is it ok to try and contact Trozz from here? If I'm supposed to use PM or something, I apologize.

@Trozz:

I'd love to play some games with you, and a few of my friends would too. The only thing is that I'm a pretty low-level player to say the least - as in I can't always short-hop when I want to - and they're not much better, still far below competitive standards. But if you're interested in visiting the homes of total strangers, we've been trying to set something up, probably next weekend.

Or something else, if you like...? :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
DOUBLE POST OH NOES!

Visiting strangers houses to play smash bros is how it all started. That's why it's such a friendly community, it started in peoples backyards. Not only like Halo jerks etc (I've just heard stories, I don't know anything about other communities personally lol) and yes, this is a good place to contact Trozz. Though, PMs and stuff like that helps for long detailed things and personal info (like if he visited it would be best to let him know where you live by PM instead) and he'll be sure to get it cause it'll notify him.

Doesn't matter if you're below competitive standards, you have to start somewhere. I built most of this community from the ground up and most of the people that can compete at high levels now were once bran new to the concept of winning matches haha.

Like look at Lib, he's not COMPLETELY noob anymore, just MOSTLY noob.
;) <3

C

Candy Peanut

oh hi i am a friend of steven's aka cake and might be coming to ubco regularly i havent played competitive smash before so .....

Trozz

Smash Ace
@SBB,
I'm game. I haven't played Brawl in a long time (since my usual smash friends moved out of town). Give me a call some time this weekend (250 574 1413). I'll be playing Starcraft in the meanwhile.

@Rawry
ty for Roy Tier xD

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol i dont play that game nemore
got boring playing with noobs that i ***** with hacks XP

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
It's only that double-posting looks amateurish ^_^;

Dude totally. I just want Trozz to know beforehand the level of players he's dealing with, so he doesn't end up disappointed or anything. Although maybe I worry too much.

Trozz - Sure thing, I'll let you know as soon as details are decided. We tend to prefer Melee, but Brawl's good too.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hi Steve's friend!

Hi lower mainland guyz!

You know what I haven't seen cancelled in a while?
"button cancelling your sisters pants"
ah jugfingiez, where is he on the forums these days lol

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
hey i just moved back to canada to burnaby b.c and i wanna know if there are any players here looking for a real challenge ive been playing smash for 7 years now and won 3rd place in a international tournament that wuz held in honduras last year....over 128 very good smash players where in it bye the way...anybody wanna contact me my e-mail is latinoteen_vpa@hotmail.com...but please i dont like playing noobs to the game only pro's .....so holla back

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
How was the smashfest? Tell me stories!

Candy Peanut/CP/Counter Picker, do you have a tv to bring to smashfests?

smash mash, Burnaby is in Vancouver, go to the BC Canada thread because that's where you'll find the majority of them. It's a different part of BC than here. :p

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Uh, so I asked the guy who's hosting about scheduling. He said:

"IT'S ONNN MANG, This weekend"

But that's all the specificity I've been able to get out of him so far. >_> I'll keep pushing.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Haha, Adam said that after we started with Melee he wanted to switch back to Brawl again but was too lazy to ask. Apparently he really, really wants to learn to get around your ROB. ;D Maybe you'll inspire him to start playing more often, that'd be frickin' amazing ^_^

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
So attendees from Armstrongers will be at UBCO this Sat, probs an STD at my house after the tourney.

AJ you know if you're off work yet? room for 1 more, spots saved for you ;D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Lib3r4t3 put this in your OP to this thread, it's the start of the stage list

further discussion tomorrow at the smashfest

Neutrals
(Always Random Select)
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island

Counters/Neutrals
(Aways Pick/Sometimes Random Select)
- Brinstar
- Corneria
- Delfino Plaza
- Frigate Orpheon
- Halberd
- Pictochat
- Jungle Japes
- Norfair

Counters
(Always Pick/Never Random Select)
- Castle Siege
- Pokémon Stadium 1
- Rainbow Cruise
- Distant Planet

Bans/Counters
(Sometimes Pick/Sometimes Banned)
- Green Greens
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Luigi's Mansion
- Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
- Pirate Ship

Bans/Partial Counters
(Always Banned/Acceptive Counter)
- Port Town Aero Dive
- Skyworld
- Spear Pillar
- Hanenbow
- Onett
- Green Hill Zone
- Mario Circuit

Banned
(Never Allowed In Tournament)
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
The Summit
Wario Ware

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
What's the best way to spend YOUR money?

Traveling to FLATZONE. That's what. Nugga.
Check the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207310

WHAT IS FLATZONE?
Besides being the greatest thing to ever happen in Canada since Kage's punched his way out of his mothers womb and stomped his doctor, FLATZONE is a 2-day Melee-Only tournament featuring the best of Canada. As well as singles and doubles, it'll also include crews, falcon-only, and low tier. With several sponsors, the singles pot is nearly $2000. $2000 god **** dollars son, making it one of the biggest Canadian tournaments ever. M2K will probably be all over this ****. Will you?

WHERE IS FLATZONE?
FLATZONE is located in Regina, Saskatchewan. With a city named Regina, you already know this tournament will be hot as ****. Did I mention this is hosted by Vertically Challenged?

WHY COME TO FLATZONE?
First of all, it's a Canadian tournament so you'll know you'll be treated right. With free housing, free breakfast and dinner on both days, and lots of free drinks and snacks, you'll be both comfortably fed and accommodated so that you will be able to perform at the peak of your smash career.

I'M STILL NOT CONVINCED.
It's hosted at the UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN. It's a huge *** venue. With 25 setups, you'll be able to have an enormous amount of friendly time. This includes money matching you're favorite Canadians, and recording sets with people you've always wanted to play with. Even if you're knocked out early in the tournament, you'll still have LOTS of time to play, and to get you're money's worth. Upset that you didn't get a chance to win anything?

THERE ARE GOD **** DOOR PRIZES SON.

Just be showing up, you could win a flatscreen tv, ipods, and brand new GC controllers. Holy ****. You don't even need to be good to win ****. It's like playing Brawl, except it's FLATZONE *****.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
So, I'll probably be there next weekend again. Hopefully everyone who was there this time can show up again (maybe no Armstrong or maybe more Armstrong) and hopefully Max will make it too. I'll make sure I can bring my camera this time (lol AJ) and NO I DON'T HAVE A MARKER. Next time I'll plan to run the thing, no on the spot "who's doing it?" next time lol. I need more food next time too. Oh, and why are there so many 4 ICs F4Alls on my replays? hahahaha

Also, CC load that stuff on Youtube then find some way to record from the other Alex's Wii and get all of the replays up there too. GG

Green Team
- Mario = Fazha
- Diddy
- Ganon = Fazha
- Pit
- Kirby = Cake
- Fox
- Pikachu
- Ike = Sess
- Sonic = Cake, Fazha, Sess

9 Total Points Available
Fazha = 3 Points
Cake, Sess = 2 Points

Next week it will reset and you must do Green again. You must always do Green until you have beaten 5 in one pass and beaten every character at least once. Best of luck. Looks like my Sonic needs some work (like not SDing with Dair each match) for next week so I have work to do too.

Massive OPR update coming soon too. Both the UBCO and PRC groups are in transition and will have new members and new placings on the tier. Lots of draws too, just to make things clearer the way there are 2 rankings in one sort of.

The stage list discussion will be finished by next Saturday too. PRC will give me their list after Wed and UBCO will get the final say on Sat. MSN me your thoughts on the stage list and PR this week. ALL OF YOU!!! I know you read and don't post so at least MSN me so I don't have to think of everything lol.

Congrats to Fazha for pwning so hard in Singles and Andrew for killing me twice a match in every doubles match we somehow won.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Turns out I need a Firewire cable, but the only on I have is in MD, safely out of my grasp.
Alas. I'll stop by FUTURE SHOP tomorrow.

Also, the tape ran out an hour in, so the last match is Dynie vs Andy (Or whatever his tag is) as Wario vs Lucas.
Sorry, Fazha, I still have ALL of your matches though.

As for recording off of a Wii... That's a bit more expensive. The BEST solution I've got right now is to use cheap AV splitters and a capture card, streaming the video directly to my laptop.
Eh... This will take a bit of fiddling and geeking out to get everything Optimal.

Of course, if we want the cheap solution (I might) It's just raiding a classroom and filming off of a Projector.

We'll play it by ear.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
After 4 lists, these are the point totals. I took the total placings and devided by 3 cause my math is so good. This doesn't include my thoughts.

UBCO
1 - :falco: D0TZ Walker
2.6 - :dk2: Lib3r4t3
3.6- :ike: Fazha
4.5 - :snake: Saki
5 - :lucario: Sess
5.6 - :olimar: Zyfe
6.3 - :ness2: Cake
6.6 - :snake: ComradeCanada
7.6 - :ness2: Andrew
9.6 - :yoshi2: Evan
10.6 - :peach: Daphknee
11 - :bowser2: Zair

PRC
1 - :toonlink: Jumblez
2.3 - :marth: JoE-Riot
3 - :wolf: ScottyBee
4.3 - :gw: Hotztuph
5 - :mario2: TMDubs
5.3 - :snake: Vic
7.3 - :lucas: Cyrus P
7.3 - :pit: Reider
8.6 - :rob: Jamie
9.6 - :wolf: HIPPY
11.3 - :pikachu2: MAPae
11.6 - :ness2: Park

That's only the 1st for to respond and each has had more responces since. Keep em' comin'

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I think we need a couple more tourneys to sort out who's where. I think we can mostly agree that the reason I made it so far was I didn't have to put up with Falco (Yet I beat James' Falco with Ike...I'S IS COMING FOR YOU, MAXXX!)

If we are to go purely by Saturday Smashfest records, then the only change is Zyfe and CC switch spots.

The stage list was fine, I suppose, albeit a bit boring. Matches on Pirate Ship were just fun. Since I've proven my Ike can win on not-**** (Can I even say that on this board?) stages (RE: 3-0 against Sess, ALL ON FD) I think more flexibility with stage selection would be nice.

ComradeCanada is an enigma. The saturday you missed, James, he was one Utilt away from beating both Dotz and Lib. Yet, he's had problems against Zyfe and I. Same with me, this is the second time I've beaten Lib, and I made my first finals, but I cannot for the life of me beat Dotz's Falco. (I'm going to go to the kirby boards and ask why the Gonzo Combo is failing me. Hopefully I get a response.)

I should have beaten more Greens. I intend to in the future. Pit I definetly should have had.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
UBCO

- D0TZ Walker-high-1
- Lib3r4t3-high-4
- Cake-mid-3.5
- Fazha-mid-1
- Zyfe-low-1
- ComradeCanada-mid-2
- Evan-low-3.5
- Daphknee-low-3.5
- Sess-high3
- Zair-low-2
- Andrew-mid-3.5
- Saki-high-2

High Tier: DotZ, Saki, Sess, Lib
Mid Tier: Fazha, CC, Cake&Andrew tie
Low Tier: Zyfe, Zair, Evan&Daphknee tie.

something like that.

Top Bottom