• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts for all of Minnesota crew, fun to be with you guys again, and Breezy great time being your partner in doubles.

Other shout outs to those I played. Joker not only for hosting the tournament but for kicking my butt as well in my first round. FightAdamantEevee your Lucas is insane, straight up kicked my butt as well in singles and doubles was an amazing match with you. FightAdamantEevee's partner AKA the only girl at the tourney, never got your name but you were part of that great match as well.

yoshq

Smash Master
how the f did a marth lose to weej? step it up MN moe
This... the replays of this match are on someone's wii... like one on SV, one FD, one Frigate... Luigi vs Marth. If someone has these, please send them to me.
Shoutouts to myself for being the mastermind behind the team names of the top 2 teams.
Word.

Oh, and fun tourney. It was fun ****** everyone with a bad character, except Joker and Fino,

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Yoshq: Yeah, running away/avoiding a beat down is always a good way to win...and I see you aren't denying it. :) Anyway, you are right though, I'm salty about losing to JJ. He wrecks my partners right under my nose. You noticed the salt...so you get credit for that. :)

Shout out to JJrockets! :-D

Edit: Wow lucky number 7 today. I guess 2/8/2012 is going to be lucky for me :-D

Dnyce

Smash Master
So says the two guys whose whole team strategy was pretty much "Keep the match slow paced and stay the hell away from Portcity" :-D
@Yoshq: Yeah, running away/avoiding a beat down is always a good way to win...and I see you aren't denying it. :)
Well of course - stocks are a rare and valuable commodity.

Why would you expected us to hand them out like food-stamps? I mean, I guess it worked for you guys up until winners / losers finals... so it may have merit. I can honestly say I hadn't thought about doing that before.

Anyway, I'm flattered you think the way we played is a good way to win... taking losers finals 3-0 and grand finals 6-0 wasn't quite enough evidence for me. You'll have to teach my how your "rely on the opponent to make mistakes in order to win" strategy works and how to bring the beat down to my opponents sometime. It would be ignorant to believe there isn't a way YoshQ and I could improve.

:shyguy:

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Fino: Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate you acknowledging that my Diddy is the equivalent of hazardous waste...the closer you are the more deadly the effects :-D

...anyway...

Yeah, I honestly do think the way you guys played me has a bunch of merit. I have seen that strategy many times, but you guys did it exceptionally well. I'm usually fast enough where people get agitated and start to approach, attack, try counter attacks, etc. Ya'll were patient and even when I got in the middle of you guys and tried to start chaos, you guys pretty much said "ef it" and left. That strategy forces my teammates, who often are weaker players then me, to get more involved. Yoshq then capitalized on it. That said, you guys did not sweep us. We won on Yoshi's Island the second go round and it was because we adjusted. I played campy until I saw opportunities to speed the match up and Cook assisted better. To be completely honest, after we won that match I knew we were gonna lose the next one. Despite playing dang near perfect that round and Cook doing his job, there was no way I was gonna play that well 2 more times in a row.

Just in case you aren't being sarcastic :) ... the whole "opponents make mistakes" strategy is easy. Move around while throwing out enough moves to make it look like you are open...predict the opponent's best choice and counter it. The faster you are, the more of the "random" moves connect and the easier it is to guess their best option (usually their fastest move).

Changelog: Format and a few grammar edits.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
>>My face when trying to read these brackets.
I apologize for that I have always used Imageshack but for some reason this time it made the pic like so T.T

Fun fact, whenever I am able to get back to smash I will no longer be Debo. It's Light from now on.
"I'll take a potato chip. . . . and eat it!!!"

Fun Fact: Brad Swaile the guy who voices Kira often gets a bag of potato chips at conventions because of that line ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OFRCqrJCM0&feature=related

Oh, and fun tourney. It was fun ****** everyone with a bad character, except Joker and Fino,
GGs man but actually I'll like to team with you some time if anything just friendlies >.0

I am BP. Couldn't think of any cool tags...after I got there I realized I should have been TROLL or LEGND :)
MYTH will be awesome lol but yeah glad you could make it and hopefully you show up to more tourneys in the future same goes to Lvl 1.

I'm actually itching to play teams. Had fun teaming with Twink and play Double Falcon.
You only had fun cause it was Double Falcon XP

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo & Jayford: Maybe I'm slow and giving Fino the benefit of the doubt. He and I have already been down that road before, so I didn't even read his post as it was a complete diss to me. I thought he was speaking matter of factly, while throwing in a few friendly jabs here and there.

Dnyce

Smash Master
@Debo & Jayford: Maybe I'm slow and giving Fino the benefit of the doubt. He and I have already been down that road before, so I didn't even read his post as it was a complete diss to me. I thought he was speaking matter of factly, while throwing in a few friendly jabs here and there.
I purposely word it to mean either way :awesome: Then I just take the opposite stance because I am a troll by nature (see: bolt and jayford's response), hahaha.

The whole... not remembering what the set count was should show how much I remember about the set though, lmao. I do remember sometimes where I'd go to hit cook... and then in the corner of my eye see this blur holding a banana headed straight for me and I thought "welp, ****.... I'll brb" buut our main strategy in doubles was I poke you guys into yoshq so he tries to 2v1 because luigi's priority is broken and can get awy with stuff... and I stand just outside the **** fest going on trying to make sure that we're dealing more damage than taking (with pikmin toss / fsmashes... which also lags your guys moves) and then using usmash / dsmash whenever someone tried to roll out of the pressure. Ideally... the one that didn't get hit I would start trying to grab them for upBs while the teammate couldn't help. Overall I just tried to avoid taking any bit of damage so yoshQ can have 4-5 stocks, lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Fino: I like your style. Maybe we should run some friendly matches next time you show up. You and I could team against Yoshq and Joker. I think those would be some really fun matches.

@Joker: I'm going to be at your place today around 4 pm to talk to you and pick up some stuff. I think Greg wants to play doubles, but IDK who else is available to play in DSM. NGamer? Chris?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
There's a guy named [NG] Tobe on Big Two stream. :laugh:
There's only one [NG] and that guys it's big fat phony

Fun fact: I pick and choose whoes freedom I defend.
I roflol

@Joker: I'm going to be at your place today around 4 pm to talk to you and pick up some stuff. I think Greg wants to play doubles, but IDK who else is available to play in DSM. NGamer? Chris?
I think Greg wants to play double Falcon XD

§chizm

Smash Lord
I don't really see why people get mad at Fino when he's obviously just trying to troll. I haven't had any issues with him, though I don't really take anything related to Brawl seriously anyway so whatever.

@fuujin Def come next time. It would have been awesome to get to play against another zelda.
Right? zeldas for the win!!!
:<::<::<:
I could be available depending on
A. What time you're talking
B. If anyone is willing to mentor me in doubles.

I may drop by tonight, won't be till like 6ish if I do though.

yoshq

Smash Master

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Ditto Greg, my roommate has been sick with what I can only assume is the bubonic plague for the past week, so I'm fairly certain I caught that.

I should be able to make games next week after Wednesday.

lvl 1

Smash Rookie
anybody at naka-kon this weekend? I saw skizm here just wondered if anybody else would be reppin'

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Man I love spending a couple of hours in the lab and coming up with something new v(^.^)v

Sorry, don't like teaming with snake, but we can def friendly.
Well I have a pretty good Mario lol

XD

anybody at naka-kon this weekend? I saw skizm here just wondered if anybody else would be reppin'
No but I think I could have gone this time around however I decided to just save my money for UFGT8 ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lnk__FimwU

Rina-chan's Juri Han song... lol Tiger Shots...
You are too slow >.<

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So for the next tourney will March 17 work for people also what will you guys say if i where to add Jungle Japes, Pirate Ship and Port Town Aero Dive for Doubles only maybe Green Greens too >.<

Top Bottom