• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Cook

Smash Master
I think Jungle Japes is fine. Green Greens is the least questionable after that, followed by Pirate Ship and Port Town. But that's just imo.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Tourney Date: Is there anyway we can get the tourney on March 24th instead? March 17 is the end of Spring Break and I might not be back on time.

@Tourney Stage List: Yeah, expand the stage list. This is the Midwest after all :-D (YAY to Port Aero Drive...I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE that stage!)

@Wednesday: Would anyone in Ames be up to visiting our dear friend, the UNretired Joker :-)?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I think Jungle Japes is fine. Green Greens is the least questionable after that, followed by Pirate Ship and Port Town. But that's just imo.
The other stages are some what silly and I understand why they are ban but I never really saw anything wrong with Jungle Japes other then the water and the Klaptrap which could be avoided specially the Klaptrap since is on a timer o.0

@Tourney Date: Is there anyway we can get the tourney on March 24th instead? March 17 is the end of Spring Break and I might not be back on time.
Actually I didn't even know it was spring break XP but now that I think about it isn't it better to have it that day since everyone will be on break and may have more people show up cause of it or maybe even the week before which is the 10th

So yeah I just need more info who will be able to make it on March 17th.

@Ngamer: Is there anything fighting game related going either the 10th or 17th that I should know about o.0

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Can't make the 17th. I would go to DSM tomorrow but a friend might be getting into vet school, so we're supposed to go out and celebrate or drown her sorrows. Thursday afternoon I could if I'm not looking at apartments.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@JBM: Well to be fair, almost everyone here puts life before games. Almost all of us have jobs and/or in school. Not many of us at all are in a postition to play games all day, everyday. Him putting life before games is probably the same for all of us...well idk...I know what....

Cfab

Smash Rookie
Cr, ia

New here (obviously; post count nil), did a quick search and most "Iowa" threads pointed to this thread as a general meet-up for Iowa players. Anyone in Cedar Rapids? If so, I desperately need someone to practice with and get pointers/critique/help/a severe thrashing from. I mostly play Melee, as I don't really own a Wii/Brawl.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
KC Tourney on the 10th. Nothing on the 17th as far as we know.
K so it can't be on the 10th in case we decide to go to that >.0
I guess I should also ask when is Pixels cause I was thinking it will be the last week of the month which will be the 31st and I could have my Fighting game tourney the week before on the 24th and is why I'm having the Smash tourney on the 17th <(^.^<)

16th is msk >_>
Well it seems is custom for me to have my tourney the day after lol

Can't make the 17th.
I could change the date and you still won't come >.<

New here (obviously; post count nil), did a quick search and most "Iowa" threads pointed to this thread as a general meet-up for Iowa players. Anyone in Cedar Rapids? If so, I desperately need someone to practice with and get pointers/critique/help/a severe thrashing from. I mostly play Melee, as I don't really own a Wii/Brawl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ2pKMwQC4&feature=related

@Conspiracy: So people are coming over to play games so if you want to drop by it will be kool don't know when they are showing up but sometime after 5pm should work ^.^

Ngamer you interested too o.0

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
"In case"? No, sir. WE ARE GOING! The Emperor will not accept anything less.

Yeah, I'd be interested in coming over as long as I can get some Marvel in.

Soran

Smash Ace
>.>

I'm from CR....

on the SE side.

Soran

Smash Ace
yeah. I have work a lot. But maybe next week we can arrange something... I have Tues, Thurs, and Friday off next week so we do those days. Do you drive?

Cfab

Smash Rookie
yeah. I have work a lot. But maybe next week we can arrange something... I have Tues, Thurs, and Friday off next week so we do those days. Do you drive?
I work a lot currently too--usually mornings. I don't know my schedule for next week yet, and I'm still working out getting a new controller since all of mine have serious issues (sucks having to blame a death on a joystick not responding -_- ), but we can work something out I'm sure. If not next week then soon.

Yes, I drive.

I'm warning you; I'm pretty terrible. At least compared to anyone who plays competitively. Still working on L-cancels and consistent short-hops. Among my friends I rule, but that's not saying much...

Soran

Smash Ace
well shi- I forgot what L-cancelling is....

well I'm not that good either. I'm pretty bad everywhere.

well... you said you play Brawl or Melee? I am gawful at melee and not too good at brawl... But just know I'm GAWFUL at melee >.>
and there is no L-cancelling in brawl?

Cfab

Smash Rookie
well shi- I forgot what L-cancelling is....

well I'm not that good either. I'm pretty bad everywhere.

well... you said you play Brawl or Melee? I am gawful at melee and not too good at brawl... But just know I'm GAWFUL at melee >.>
and there is no L-cancelling in brawl?
I've only played brawl a few times since I don't have a wii, but I'm not against playing it at all. In any case someone new to play wih and help each other improve and have fun an all that jazz would be cool.

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I know you already decided on the date, but the 10th of March is SMYM so Nebraska would NOT come that day anyway. And from what I heard, snow is so February March is dropping it.

Soran

Smash Ace
I've only played brawl a few times since I don't have a wii, but I'm not against playing it at all. In any case someone new to play wih and help each other improve and have fun an all that jazz would be cool.

oh hell's yeah; of course. Next week should be alright.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So I found this vid of Razor and me from a while back which was when we used to train together >.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8p-CYk7lwQ#t=0m13s

"In case"? No, sir. WE ARE GOING! The Emperor will not accept anything less.
lol dude we definitively wining this time specially if there's teams involved ^.^

I appreciate the heads up...I just put the kiddos to bed. I doubt y'all still playing.

Yeah it was about the time people where getting ready to leave maybe next time

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
hi guys, I'm gonna try and start posting a little more. also games @ jokers wednesday night regularly could work for me when i get off work if you guys wanna get 2 days a week planned out. And for anyone who doesn't know we do game at our place @ 4-5ish and on every monday.

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
I'm down for games up here in ames, and I might be able to head to dsm depending on what dustin wants to do. But yea, we should definitely get games goin tonight.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
I could come to Ames or we could game at my house if you don't mind kids wanting to play ;)
I could always put them to bed haha
On second thought it might b better for me to leave the house lol

Top Bottom