• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Smash Ready To Explode!

Fall

Smash Ace
My main is gonna be zsamus probably but im still trying c.falcon and i finished the SSE too god what a waste of time. I should be playing wifi tomorrow for the first time is this a good thing or does wifi suck

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
I know a guy at school who's a Pro at Halo. He said his Xbox name or whatever was like xxxzarbonxxx or something like that. I've only played Halo once and that was Halo 2.

I'd be no good.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
i live on campus too on the umiversity apt. if ur not busy we can hit up some games if ur freinds r up too it
Another player is actually living in Cedar Falls? What the ****? Why didn't I get that memo? But yeah, we should totally hit up some games sometime. I work a bunch, but we should totally figure something out.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
Another player is actually living in Cedar Falls? What the ****? Why didn't I get that memo? But yeah, we should totally hit up some games sometime. I work a bunch, but we should totally figure something out.
ur one of myspace friendswhne u free to hit up some games?

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Get the **** out. Really? I need to pay more attention. Actually I think you did send me a message, didn't you? Anyways, my schedule is pretty hit or miss, but I usually get off work around 8 on most days.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty surprised I don't care for Marth this time around, so it looks like Ike is gonna be my man.

That said, though, I try jc grabbing and end up usmashing out of a run, an ff pause airdodge feels like it should lead into a sh bair, camping the edge just feels wrong, etc... All the terrible exploit/camping things I did in melee is all you can do in Brawl. :(

We're giving it until the end of the school year to get used to the style and see if anything turns up, but if nothing really does I think we're staying out of the Wii gen. It's been a fun ride and everything and I'd like to stay for the community, but the whole system, and evidently this game (the masterpieces and model recycling as a basis for 75% of the content, hurts more than the mechanics itself imo) all just caters to someone else and is just a stick in the eye.

We wouldn't be able to get good at the game or anything but of course we'd still have fun with it, that's about all for now.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
I read that post in the Nebraska thread, and all i can say is people are crying way to hard. I agree with the tripping part and that part that says this game is not melee. thats about it.
And, OMG I'm so tired of hearing people complain about "camping"! Its called turtling in every other fighter Ive ever played.

Deal with it.

If you cant break someones shell, then you need to expand your thinking. Someone turtling can only wait to find out what you are going to do, and if you come in and do something thats going to get you punished thats your own fault.

Dash dancing in melee is the same thing that back dash canceling in the Tekken series is, its basically aggressive turtling, which I'm glad is gone, and through the Tekken games they have been nerfing bdc every game.

I know brawl can be played at a high level, but its going to be a different kind of high level play thats going to be way more mind game oriented and less technical

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty surprised I don't care for Marth this time around, so it looks like Ike is gonna be my man.

That said, though, I try jc grabbing and end up usmashing out of a run, an ff pause airdodge feels like it should lead into a sh bair, camping the edge just feels wrong, etc... All the terrible exploit/camping things I did in melee is all you can do in Brawl. :(

We're giving it until the end of the school year to get used to the style and see if anything turns up, but if nothing really does I think we're staying out of the Wii gen. It's been a fun ride and everything and I'd like to stay for the community, but the whole system, and evidently this game (the masterpieces and model recycling as a basis for 75% of the content, hurts more than the mechanics itself imo) all just caters to someone else and is just a stick in the eye.

We wouldn't be able to get good at the game or anything but of course we'd still have fun with it, that's about all for now.
Aww I hope we don't you lose you.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, the game hasn't even been out that long yet, but it hasn't been enough to validate going out and tracking down a wii like some games have done before.

I'm back in Cedar Rapids for Spring Break so we gotta play some games and decide on going to FFC or not.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
I read that post in the Nebraska thread, and all i can say is people are crying way to hard. I agree with the tripping part and that part that says this game is not melee. thats about it.
And, OMG I'm so tired of hearing people complain about "camping"! Its called turtling in every other fighter Ive ever played.

Deal with it.

If you cant break someones shell, then you need to expand your thinking. Someone turtling can only wait to find out what you are going to do, and if you come in and do something thats going to get you punished thats your own fault.

Dash dancing in melee is the same thing that back dash canceling in the Tekken series is, its basically aggressive turtling, which I'm glad is gone, and through the Tekken games they have been nerfing bdc every game.

I know brawl can be played at a high level, but its going to be a different kind of high level play thats going to be way more mind game oriented and less technical
I agree that you gotta play differently from Melee, but the game DOES feel a bit more camp-friendly, and in a game with projectiles it's a bit different than a game without (Tekken, SC). Or maybe it's just easier to pick up a camp-based character and win (Pit's a **********). Like playing Guilty Gear for five years and then trying to play Alpha 3 or 3rd Strike.

I do agree though that this community is full of people who have the most narrow mindsets ever. The fact that even pro players wanted to ban Wobbling was testament that the community is ********. So, with that said, I don't plan on quitting for a long time, and I'll be maining ZSS, and I don't care how bad she is in this game. ;P

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Maybe im jesus and projectiles dont bother me, and if you can guess i played vs ted a bunch who uses pit, so i've have my fair share of projectiles fired at me.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I was going to put my wii number into my profile but I couldn't find it. I looked for 10 minutes lol. So let me know how I can find it and i'll put it up.

SagePrime

Smash Cadet
I remember seeing a smasher from Bettendorf here somewhere. He goes by the name "Chout" I think.
Yeah, i tried contacting him. He hasnt said anything back yet. I dont know if he will ever, i tried like two montsh ago. Maybe ill try again.

Top Bottom