• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a recovery tier list?

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to remind you all that link has amazing recovery and he's pretty much impossible to gimp for me, i don't know about you guys

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah link's recovery isn't that good

a lot of characters can beat his sweetspot or near sweetspot up+b with dsmash on the edge or something like that. shine annihilates him, needles do too. he has enough lag on his up+b when he lands to give him sheik syndrome, so once he loses his grapple hes in a really tough spot

TresChikon

Smash Lord
It's just short, past that, he actually has many options, whereas even though Samus has a lengthy recovery, getting onstage or even close to it is really difficult due to her natural air speed and slower options.

xbombr

Smash Ace
It's just short, past that, he actually has many options, whereas even though Samus has a lengthy recovery, getting onstage or even close to it is really difficult due to her natural air speed and slower options.
Sweetspot grapple/upb -> Aerial interrupt

You can basically abuse your morph ball aerial mobility to keep you from getting hit so easily since it gives you temporary Jiggs-like mobility.

I dunno why people keep saying she sucks at recovering. She can get out of crap that would kill 95% of the cast.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Sweetspot grapple/upb -> Aerial interrupt

You can basically abuse your morph ball aerial mobility to keep you from getting hit so easily since it gives you temporary Jiggs-like mobility.

I dunno why people keep saying she sucks at recovering. She can get out of crap that would kill 95% of the cast.
Alot of characters can just jump out after her....
If you leave her alone, she has great recovery....

xbombr

Smash Ace
Alot of characters can just jump out after her....
If you leave her alone, she has great recovery....
This applies to almost every character.

Sheik, Zelda, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff (due to aerial mobility) are the only ones I can think of that this doesn't apply to. Fox/Falcon in phantasm are more or less safe depending on how far away they are. Some characters like Bowser are hard to hit out of their recovery, but lack the vertical distance necessary to make it truly useful.

Varying your bomb recovery helps with this issue too. By moving back and forth using your boosted aerial mobility you can avoid some attacks. You've also got the option of the 64 recovery where you just bomb and hold a direction so your descent isn't slowed, but you have more mobility.

Samus has a lot of options in her recovery and it covers a lot of distance. Basic knowledge of her abilities can allow you to recover very well. Being short-sighted and thinking she's going to recover with the same old stair-step pattern bomb jumping and upb is incorrect and not representative of her abilities.

Oracle

Smash Master
Links is really versatile and a lot of characters have trouble dealing with it if you space it right. Definitely not amazing, but it's still pretty good.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Samus has an excellent recovery.
m2 prob has the best aside from jiggs.

his is good enough to where he can avoid hits by teleporting and with his double jump his range is amazing, its also alot faster coming back.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHAHAH
my thread still lives

i think what i took into account was how good a character can comeback to the stage even after getting hit

i still have no clue why ganon was so high though, actually, the entire list is out of wack after upper tier

samus' recovery is good, she can toy with the opponent and isn't forced to grab the ledge and you pretty much need to be jigglypuff to edgegaurd her consistantly

bomb jumps, wall jump, grapple, and her low start-up time are her recovery move options, they're all great as she can stay in the air forever

her charge shot gives her a little jump but kills momentum and her missles turn her around so she has some options of defense

while i don't think she's top 3 anymore, she's definitely not worse than falco nor sheik who don't make it back to the stage as often with their recoveries

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Samus' recovery is pretty good, IMO. Besidesher slow aerial mobility, she can easily come back from almost anything. Falco's recovery is pretty bad, because of how easy it is to gimp and ledgeguuard/edgehog.

Top Bottom