• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He might've been demoted to standard trophy.

Anyone know if Barbara is still an assist trophy?
Why would he be demoted? Golden Sun had a new title in between Brawl and SSB4. It may not have bene the most successful, but my gosh, if GS deserved at least an AT in Brawl, it darn well deserved that here.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635

I doubt that. AT, DLC, or playable from the beginning. I think Golden Sun still has that much recognition, even in Japan.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Again, there's the fact that, honestly, there's not much reason to remove any AT's. There's so many new obscure AT's there's literally no reason to remove any of them. And if an AT were to be removed to clear the way for new ones, Isaac would be one of the LAST ones removed, since Golden Sun is still completely relevant. Unless Isaac was made playable, naturally.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As far as we have seen. We KNOW a couple people unlocked AT's, and one guy was showing off AT's and no Isaac anywhere as far as I heard. I could see some AT's being Wii U exclusive, but it'd make no sense for Isaac to be Wii U exclusive.
Oh, but then why are some talking like all ATs have been unlocked?

Got me a little too excited there...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wait... What?

We are sure that all Assist Trophies are unlocked, and that Isaac isn't a part of them?

That makes absolutely no sense. Sakurai would not remove Isaac from the AT spot. Something is funny here, I'm freaking out now.
Well there was a person streaming his 3DS game who unlocked all ATs and Isaac was not to be found in the AT collection.

Sakurai did remove an AT. Little Mac. He is now playable.

If Isaac's AT has been removed there is a 99.9% chance he is playable. Camelot was credited in Brawl probably for Isaac and Golden Sun music even though Isaac and Waluigi are both owned by Nintendo. There was a screenshot with Camelot credited in this game as well and it was not credited for Waluigi in Mario Kart 8. Isaac is probably not an AT anymore, from what we have seen.

Ergo, he is playable!

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Just rewatched the full Brawl credits, and yes, Camelot is in them, in the "Supervisors (Original Games)" section. See 3:39 of this video for proof. Can't say for certain what it was credited for, but the Isaac AT, Waluigi AT, Golden Sun remix, and any Mario Tennis (Golf?) materials in the game could be involved.

As for the SSB4 credit, difficult to say if it helps as of yet, but them being in the credits at all sure couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, but then why are some talking like all ATs have been unlocked?

Got me a little too excited there...
I meant "we know a couple of people unlocked ALL AT's", because two of the streamers got a notification (in Japanese) and they confirmed it said "All Assist Trophies unlocked."

Well there was a person streaming his 3DS game who unlocked all ATs and Isaac was not to be found in the AT collection.

We could very well hope that Isaac makes his way in the game as playable. Camelot was credited in Brawl probably for Isaac and Golden Sun music, not for Waluigi, even though both are first party. There was a screenshot with Camelot credited in this game as well and it was not credited for Waluigi. Isaac is probably not an AT anymore, from what we have seen.

Ergo, he is playable!
What about Barbara and Ray? Were they seen? There's also Jill from Drill Dozer and Kat and Ana.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I meant "we know a couple of people unlocked ALL AT's", because two of the streamers got a notification (in Japanese) and they confirmed it said "All Assist Trophies unlocked."

What about Barbara and Ray? Were they seen? There's also Jill from Drill Dozer and Kat and Ana.
From what I know, Kat and Ana were seen as well as Barbara. Ray has not been seen.

I am sorry if I am wrong about the three above, but I definitely know that Isaac was not seen. Except by trolls.

Last edited:

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
My bet is that he is a character planned for DLC.
It`s actually better that he isn`t an AT. Being both AT and playable (in case of a DLC) would be strange.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

If Isaac's AT has been removed there is a 99.9% chance he is playable. Camelot was credited in Brawl probably for Isaac and Golden Sun music even though Isaac and Waluigi are both owned by Nintendo. There was a screenshot with Camelot credited in this game as well and it was not credited for Waluigi in Mario Kart 8. Isaac is probably not an AT anymore, from what we have seen.

Ergo, he is playable!

I just... What? How can this be? He can't just have been simply removed from the AT spot. What's going on Sakurai? Did you screw us over... Or?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Keep in mind that if it were to be for Waluigi being credited, we should be seeing it in other Mario-spinoffs (aside from those developed by Camelot itself like Tennis or Golf)

This might mean something guys.

Last edited:

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I'm amazed that Isaac is actually going to be playable after all this time.

Or if I'm horrified that this is the end of the road for Golden Sun.

Please, Isaac, get unlocked, or show up on the Wii U!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm not sure if I'm amazed that Isaac is actually going to be playable after all this time.

Or if I'm horrified that this is the end of the road for Golden Sun.

Please, Isaac, get unlocked, or show up on the Wii U!
Don't worry. He will be playable. Trust in the Venus adept. Even the Wise One had faith in him...

P.S. We have never had so many people on the thread before. Everyone's really feeling it!

Last edited:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Now time will tell. Isaac's probably my most wanted actually possible newcomer. Moreso than Ridley, and also placed above the return of Mewtwo. I'm anxiously waiting.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
From what I know, Kat and Ana were seen as well as Barbara. Ray has not been seen.

I am sorry if I am wrong about the three above, but I definitely know that Isaac was not seen. Except by trolls.
If all of these AT's are in and Isaac isn't, I'd say Isaac is blatantly playable.

EDIT: Another thing of note. If there IS only one stage left, it'd fit perfectly if it was Venus Lighthouse. ^^

Now time will tell. Isaac's probably my most wanted actually possible newcomer. Moreso than Ridley, and also placed above the return of Mewtwo. I'm anxiously waiting.
Isaac is my #2... most of my hope for K. Rool is gone, but Isaac is looking VERY good. Granted, K. Rool's trophy is still MIA as well, which is interesting.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I could see a justification for Ray being exclusive to Wii U: Small, lots of tiny projectiles, hard to distinguish on a 3DS screen.

But Isaac? If anything he'd be 3DS exclusive. He works completely fine as an AT and there's no reason to drop him if everyone else made it back. Especially when he's a handheld hero.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If all of these AT's are in and Isaac isn't, I'd say Isaac is blatantly playable.

EDIT: Another thing of note. If there IS only one stage left, it'd fit perfectly if it was Venus Lighthouse. ^^

Isaac is my #2... most of my hope for K. Rool is gone, but Isaac is looking VERY good. Granted, K. Rool's trophy is still MIA as well, which is interesting.
Yea Venus lighthouse is very iconic and has amazing music. All these clues so far point to playable Isaac so it would be great to have him.

K. Rool and Isaac would be amazing! I have not been a supporter of any character besides Isaac so I won't be affected much with K. Rool but for fans such as you, he would be an amazing addition. And I get your point that he also deserves a spot! Let's just get both characters now in Smash 4!

I could see a justification for Ray being exclusive to Wii U: Small, lots of tiny projectiles, hard to distinguish on a 3DS screen.

But Isaac? If anything he'd be 3DS exclusive. He works completely fine as an AT and there's no reason to drop him if everyone else made it back. Especially when he's a handheld hero.
That is why we are saying he might be playable and his trophy removed. Like Little Mac.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is the first time I have real hope for Isaac one way or another. The very first time I can say it's not just all in our heads... That mark has been crossed, no matter where it ends.

Sakurai and luck have been really mean to us if he isn't in now.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
It would be so strange to remove him and let almost all others return, and if you look at all those ATs, Isaac just dunno he feels like more.
I´m pretty damn sure now, that he is playable...
Plese make our dream come true Sakurai!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just spotted Sheriff (The old arcade game) as an assist trophy. We definitely haven't seen all ATs yet!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Talk about a hope spot if Isaac isn't playable now.

I could kinda see Sakurai picking Ray as a playable character, heck stranger choices have been made.

@ Storm Eagle Storm Eagle We have seen them all, a message spefically came up on one of the streamers games saying they had unlocked all assist trophies.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just spotted Sheriff (The old arcade game) as an assist trophy. We definitely haven't seen all ATs yet!
Several people have seen Sherrif already. In fact, from what I've heard, the grand majority of all returning AT's have already been spotted. Isaac is still MIA.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Several people have seen Sherrif already. In fact, from what I've heard, the grand majority of all returning AT's have already been spotted. Isaac is still MIA.
Yea. He is cloaking for too long. Well as long as he is playable, I am fine with it. Cause the happiness afterwards will easily compensate for our nervousness now.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Have companies shown up in the credits before when their characters weren't unlocked? That's what I want to know.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
OMG just woke up, and I see the tension rising!

Isaac is not an AT! My emotions are all over the place. :S

If Camelot is in the credits for Waluigi, shouldn't that happen in Mario Kart games as well? (Oh, this was mentioned already).

There's no way Isaac would be demoted to a regular trophy, right? I mean... lower than Saki who 1.) is obscurer, and 2.) is another sword using AT?

So either he's a Wii U AT (no sense at all since he's from a handheld franchise)
Or... he's... IN!!!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Could Camelot be credited for some Golden Sun music?

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but Isaac being missing from the ATs gives me some hope. Embarrass

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
OMG just woke up, and I see the tension rising!

Isaac is not an AT! My emotions are all over the place. :S

If Camelot is in the credits for Waluigi, shouldn't that happen in Mario Kart games as well? (Oh, this was mentioned already).

There's no way Isaac would be demoted to a regular trophy, right? I mean... lower than Saki who 1.) is obscurer, and 2.) is another sword using AT?

So either he's a Wii U AT (no sense at all since he's from a handheld franchise)
Or... he's... IN!!!
At this point we have to hope the "All Characters have been unlocked" sign does not appear until Isaac is unlocked.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
At this point we have to hope the "All Characters have been unlocked" sign does not appear until Isaac is unlocked.
I see, we have to hope ROB isn't the last unlock.
There ARE still 4-5 characters that we don't know about.. right?

Could Camelot be credited for some Golden Sun music?

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but Isaac being missing from the ATs gives me some hope. Embarrass
Couldn't they just credit Motoi Sakuraba for it? Just like on the official site? :psycho:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think the current streamer just has Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, and R.O.B. to unlock. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The tension is rising. OMG.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Didn't Zipzo (or that guy who was giving us info on the demo) tweet that Mewtwo was in?

If that's true it would give some hope towards the CSS being completely filled.

Watching the stream isn't good for my health....

Top Bottom