• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Kudos on that moveset Suichimo - Total Bassassery! :grin: But Cos.'s moveset also exhibits a high degree of pwnage.
Thanks. The only gripe I have with Cos.'s moveset, this goes for mine also, is the lack of fairness for Mercury. But there really isn't much you can do for that without adding in Plume Edge, which would be a broken attack, as there really isn't that many Mercury psynergies in Isaac's repertoir(sp?). Other than that I like both movesets.

I can't remember how old my moveset is though. I'm pretty sure I made the final version of it back in June though. So yeah its been around for a while.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Meh, Mercury gets very few cool psynergies (well, Supercool, but that's Piers' move) and summons, and almost none of them are Isaac's/Felix's. But I think it's more important to represent Isaac than represent the various psynergies.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Meh, Mercury gets very few cool psynergies (well, Supercool, but that's Piers' move) and summons, and almost none of them are Isaac's/Felix's. But I think it's more important to represent Isaac than represent the various psynergies.
Well in the area of attacks there are only a few attacks that are linked to Isaac. These being Ragnarok, Odyssey, and the Djinni Flint.

I have been thinking about taking out Cutting Edge and replacing it with a comboable neutral B attack involving Ragnarok and Odyssey. It would basically be something like this. 1st B - Normal Ragnarok, 2nd B - Ragnarok coming from the bottom, 3rd B - The middle sword to complete Odyssey. I'm not exactly sure if it would be viable but it would be pretty cool.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
Good ideas everyone. But I would LOVE to see Isaac + Garet in the game.

They were the reason why they started the journey. Plus, Garet = Way more sexy than Felix.

I created a Move list for Garet, it's somewhere over Brawl Discussion. Let you know when I find it.

Saturos would look LIKE TEH HOT in Brawl.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
How about for his up+B you have planet diver..he just jumps into the air and glides down like peach. Only he's on fire the entire time. So it would be a combo of fire fox and peaches parasol...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Ehh. The only extra effect I could see for Planetary would be some knockback from the initial jump, if he is on the ground, because that is what it seems like would happen in the actual game.
My point was that having an up-B that moves you up then sends you down would be a little strange.

I'm just saying that it works like this:
UpB - he flies upwards.
Halfway through the ascent, a dragon skull falls from his body at a 90^ angle from his upward ascent. The dragon travels until it hits a barrier.
Isaac himself does no damage.
Isaac travels about Dolphin Slash range.
Not like, do this as an 'extra effect,' but this is 100% what happens.

Do you get what I mean, or am I still speaking greek?

GAMERCUS

Smash Cadet
Isaac Move Set

I'm aware that there are maybe two other Golden Sun threads (actually, there's not that much to be found on Isaac on the boards... only short name references), but I thought I'd dedicate a thread to Isaac, since if a GS character would make it to SSBB, it would be Isaac (since he is the main character...). (I'd like to see Felix, Alex or Jenna too, but I still believe Isaac has the greatest chance (though that chance isn't that great :urg: )).

Anyway, this here is Isaac:

http://legendra.wall.free.fr/wall/golden_sun_1.jpg

He's the main character in a GBA game called Golden Sun (developed by Camelot), and still played an important role in Golden Sun's sequel.

By what I've seen it seems Golden Sun is much more popular in Europe (especially Germany and France... and well, Switzerland for that fact too :p )... if you google Golden Sun you'll find alot of German and French fansites first. Therefore I would think if a popular character for the Europeans were to make it, Isaac would have a good chance (then again, what do the Japanese and Americans care :cry: )

I also developed a moveset that should somewhat represent the series:

Nuetral Standing A - punch
Neutral Standing A,A - punch, moves slightly foward second punch
Neutral Standing A,A,A,Etc - punch, punch, knee, repeat

Dashing A - quick Strike (similar to Marth's dashing A, sword has a blueish glow)

f+tilt A - punji (does a mid height swipe with a bamboo stick, attack can be angled)
u+tilt A - sword slash (attacks above self in a half circle slash)
d+tilt A - planet diver (similar to Samus' d+tilt)

Nuetral Air A - straight posistioned sex kick ( Samus,Link,Falco,Shiek)
Forward Air A - cutting edge (slashes forward with blade, two phantom slashes follow while Isaac falls towards the ground)
Up Air A - rock slide ( a group of damaging rocks shortly circle Isaac (slightly similar to Kirby's neutral air a))
Down Air A - death plunge (attacks with sword in a swandive and pulls the enemy downwards for the duration of the attack)
Back Air A - blast (puts hand behind back and attacks with a sweetspotted, small explosion)

Forward A Smash - force (a large gloved fists punches foward, can be angled)
Down A Smash - sword swipe (similar to Link's, Marth's down a smash)
Up A Smash - plasma (Isaac raises his hand and attacks with a multiple hitting, electrifying ball in his hand)

Grab: Isaac grabs with his growth vines (can be used as a recover)
Neutral A Grab - thorn (opponent is tied up in vines, thorns come out of the vines and give damage)
Down Throw - Gale (throws the opponent downwards into a whirlwind, which sends the opponent flying upwards)
Front, Back, Up Throw - Move (A large gloved hand throws the opponent in the choosen direction)

Neutral B - Gaia (summons a boulder above head that is thrown downwards in a 45° angle (can be charged like Ness' neutral B)
Forward B - Ragnarok (shoots a large sword straight forward. Likely extremely laggy)
Down B - Tornado (twirls around in a circle and gives damage) (or Mind Read: shortly disables opponent (like Mewtwo's down b))
Up B Recovery - Phoenix (flies upward in a fiery phoenix animation) (or Retreat: Teleports self in a rainbow of colorful bubbles)

Super Move: Justice (summons a large knight who blasts the whole field), or Halt (can shortly stop all opponents from moving and can give damage in that time), or Oddessey (similar to Ragnarok, just with a much larger sword)

Taunt: Stands still and has the wind blow through his hair while staring into the distance.

This link might help understand the attacks better:
http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/index.php?p=gs/psynergy

Isaac is the character I hope most for to get into SSBB (I love the Golden Sun games... Hopefully there'll still be a sequel to the game), though characters like Ray01 or Sami would be cool too :ohwell:

Comments and additions are welcome.
How about this for Isaac. Down B- Earth Quake. (cheap, and looks like Donkey Kong's down B)

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
My point was that having an up-B that moves you up then sends you down would be a little strange.

I'm just saying that it works like this:
UpB - he flies upwards.
Halfway through the ascent, a dragon skull falls from his body at a 90^ angle from his upward ascent. The dragon travels until it hits a barrier.
Isaac himself does no damage.
Isaac travels about Dolphin Slash range.
Not like, do this as an 'extra effect,' but this is 100% what happens.

Do you get what I mean, or am I still speaking greek?
But the thing about Planetary is that the user is literally plummeting down towards the ground. It wouldn't make sense for Isaac to float somewhat after using it. Also I don't see how it would be weird. Kirby's Up+B is effectively the same type of motion. Isaac would just have an angle to his downward movement.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
While we all may not agree on moves we can all agree that Isaac is TEH SHET. It's always good to see a positive thread on the board every once and a while. Also I think one of his moves should be Ragnarok b/c that move was just badass. Or he could wield the Titan Blade and unleash it's critical hit.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
But the thing about Planetary is that the user is literally plummeting down towards the ground. It wouldn't make sense for Isaac to float somewhat after using it. Also I don't see how it would be weird. Kirby's Up+B is effectively the same type of motion. Isaac would just have an angle to his downward movement.
Yeah, because we know how great Kirby's Cutter is...

I'm only sorta joking. I see what you mean, and it's actually not a bad idea...the difference is, it'd be hard to be as functional as Cutter. Cutter, after all, traps you in, and you get hit by all of the different parts of it. I don't see Planetary doing that.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, because we know how great Kirby's Cutter is...

I'm only sorta joking. I see what you mean, and it's actually not a bad idea...the difference is, it'd be hard to be as functional as Cutter. Cutter, after all, traps you in, and you get hit by all of the different parts of it. I don't see Planetary doing that.
Maybe do an alteration of your idea. Instead of it being a combination of Peach and Fox's recoveries why not make it somewhat of a combination of Kirby and Fox's recoveries. You would fly straight up then be able to turn the dive on a 180 degree horizontal axis so that you'll still be pointing at the ground while during the second part of the attack.

issac could be in brawl he started from nitendo
He is still part of Nintendo. :)

Buddha Fett

Smash Cadet
I think Issaac would be a pretty good choice for brawl; with his range of moves and a decent weight and speed, he could easily be upper-tier.

At least, I hope he would. I don't want a slow swordie...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Isaac's always been the 'fast' character in GS. He was usually one of the first to act, if I remember rightly.

I made him a ninja, so I think that might have something to do with it.

Buddha Fett

Smash Cadet
I think he'd probably be around Roy's speed, a little above average if I remember rightly. If they made him Marth-speed, with his range of moves he'd probably end up brokenly powerful.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Ivan is pretty much the fastest character. Then Sheba. Then Isaac. But yeah. Isaac is one fast character. Just because he is aligned with Earth(Venus) doesn't mean he is slow, if anything Water(Mercury) is the slowest.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
We could go on about Golden Sun all day. Man I miss that game.

Isaac for brawl.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I really doubt that they're going to make another one b/c I got all excited when I heard there was going to be another Camelot RPG. But then I found out that it wasn't GS. Also I think they would have announced one by now.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
@SupaSmashBrotha

I don't know where you heard that it wasn't Golden Sun, they haven't given it a name yet. All they are doing is making a Golf game for the PC. I'm pretty sure when they finally announce the name it will be a continuation of the Golden Sun series.

Chaos Samus

Smash Cadet
Dude I Want Felix, because he is the one to become the real hero of the story, Even though i like issac too.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
@Buddha_Fett

We have no clue when another installment of the Golden Sun series will be coming out, BUT Camelot has that unnamed RPG still planned for the Wii. :)

@Chaos_Samus

In very little way is Felix the main hero. He's even the antagonist in the first game! Whereas Isaac is the hero in both games, along with Felix in the second one. Also at the very end of the game The Wise One decides to imbue Isaac with some of the power of the Golden Sun.

Isaac is the real hero.

NIMIKQ

Smash Rookie
It would be awesome if you could download characters for SSBB through the shop channel and play as them so they could release the game and still add more characters.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I think Isaac has a semi good chance of making it into Brawl.Sakurai said that he is looking for variety.What offers variety other than a new series in a new game.He would make the most likely choice though i enjoy Felix aswell. I think I can see Isaac makin it into brawl.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I dont think we need any more swordsmen, because we already have 6: (off the top of my head)

Metanight
Pit (sort of)
Roy
Marth
Link
Young Link

but if they add a Golden Sun person and they have to take out one of the old swordsmen I hope its Marth, plus Ashnard is going to be in the game.
What's wrong with swordsmen? Out of a possible 40 characters there are only 5 that we know of, and some of the old ones might not even return. As I normally say about character additions, the more the merrier.

Top Bottom