• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
I thought I'd stop by here once again after a long drought in posts.
I was just considering the swordfighter argument.
First counter: There are many grouping in Smash: Human characters, Animal characters (like Pikachu, DK, Yoshi etc.), your weird inbetween characters (G&W, Kirby, ICs ( :p ) ), characters with futuristic missile weapons (fox, Falco, Samus), and then fantasy sword fighters (Marth, Link etc).
You can also find groups and it's true that you should have to many of a type,

but, that's only when they lack enough differences (I find that you shouldn't have more characters that are similar like Luigi and Mario than say maybe three). Link is a totally different class than Marth in my opinion.

Isaac's Psyenergy makes him different, and that quite a bit (and that's why I gave him the moveset I did...), so it doesn't matter he has a sword (he theoretically could use an axe too :psycho: )

Anyway, don't let Isaac die... Camelot seem to be working on a project again (you can look at their Japanese website: http://www.camelot.co.jp )

On another note: would anyone be interested in me posting the alternative movesets posted in this thread in the first post? It just might be a while until I reappear.

D

Deleted member

Awesome, someone bumped this. We need more swordsmen (dont give me that argument again), and Isaac (plus Felix) adds magic as well. Also, see how they were on the poll?

Insta win.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah Golden Sun was deffinatly awesome, and Isaac would be a nice addition. However, I don't expect to see him in Brawl...

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I got an idea for an Up B move that i thought would be pretty good. If anyone remembers, the Sol Blade's special was called meggido if im not mistaken, he jumps into the air and spikes a fireball down.
Maybe he could do that in the game as an up B recovery move, jumping up and spiking. The fireball would have a range till it dissapears, but it should go down maybe like 45 degrees till it hits the ground or disspears.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Golden Sun is awsome, Issac or Felix would be awsome. I not expceting them, but still the thought makes me happier! Plus the lack of swordsmen (4 of 26) in Melee might not be the same case with Brawl.

It is no longer if we get new swordsmen, it what type of swordsmen we get. Meta-Knight, Pit, Zamus, Wario, Snake...can't wait. The new characters shown are gonna be awsome, plus if Issac in Brawl....man if he's in Brawl I'll be happy as....well you get the point. But then again got to go with my personal quote of myself "It's Sakurai!" PLZ have Issac!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Issac and Felix awsome, and if he's in Brawl, he won't lack originality to any extreme. He is a much needed adept (I guess that is considered psychic sorta, but more elemental), and swordsmen (got mad sword skillz!)!

hylian_hero13

Smash Rookie
If Isaac isn't in Brawl i will be very unhappy and I'll continue to use hope he will be in the next one

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Isaac isn't in Brawl i will be very unhappy and I'll continue to use hope he will be in the next one
If Issac isn't....well that wouldn't bug me too much. Expect nothing and be surprised. All I need is The Wind Waker Link to become the new Young Link, and Ganondorf to recieve his sword. Anything else is just a want, those are the only needs in my mind, and keep the original 12 SSB 64 characters.

I'm really wondering if after SSBB is released, will it have downloadable content, much like downloadable Halo 2 maps on Xbox Live, but rather items, courses, features, modes, and maybe even characters/statistics and bug fixing. I am seriously wondering if that will be in SSBB!

It's driving me mad (not really) wondering about this. I'm thinking they could take advantage of this, especially if they ran out of room to add characters or courses, or just came up with a great map idea. The map idea would come in effect especially after the release of a big 1st or 2nd party game.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
@Cos

Go ahead and put mine up.

@Emperor Ganon

Isaac's only attacks with the sword, just the sword itself, would probably be just his A attacks. I see the Djinni being smashes and psynergy being his B attacks and part of his throws. And I see a summon, such as Judgment or Catastrophe, as his Brawl attack.

Also Isaac isn't stuck to just a sword. He can also wield axes and maces.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
You guys have no idea the tourture I feel inside, not being able to time-travel back in time to Fall '03 when I made char. movesets on the SSB3 boards at GameFAQS T_T

I'll not go through trying to recreate what I had (as it would end up being biased by what I've read of other peoples' posts), but at least I can try to recall the specials I gave characters. Isaac is, concidentally, one of the easiest to remember for me, although the order I dont' quite recall.

I believe I had it something like this:

Neutral B: Ragnarok
A charge-up attack, Isaac's blade becomes the Ragnarok blade itself; I think I had it extending out in front of him. Thinking about it, I would have it sort of where Isaac would motion so as to impale the ground as does the Ragnarok sword, hitting immediately in front of him.

Smash B: Nettles (or whatever the strongest varition is called; haven't played GS in years)
Nettling thorns would rise up out of the ground in a shockwave-like pattern, falling down after having risen up, and dissappear after a short distance. Thinking about, I'd add to it that Isaac would be "psyhically sowing" these nettling seeds, so that in the air they could fall a short distance before sprouting as normal and grow from their (their death being time-control more than distance controlled.)

Down B: Spire
Pretty much what Ryu777 had posted, except I recall the Spire move more reflective of Donkey Kong's down-b, similar to my above smash-b Nettles, but as a continuous wave of spires being extruded and then [crumbling down?]

Up B: Gaia (I think I had it named at its strongest though; fairly certain this is the move I was thinking of.)
Isaac summons from beneath him a large boulder that he rides on as it rises, damaging anyone nearby. After a small period of time, Isaac tumbles off, and the boulder continues to rise off the screen, but unable to harm anyone once Isaac is off. The total time it would take for Isaac to reach the "drop-off point" would be the same time it takes to complete a Foxfire; however, the boulder moves a constant velocity, so while it would cover more vertical distance, it would appear to be moving slow (As boulders often do.)

There's probably a lot I could've changed from that... essentially that is what I had, except for where otherwise stated what I would change, and that was even omitted from the up-b version of Gaia, as I distinctly recall having issues with how that would be performed. (But if you think about it, they are essentially creating the elements from nothing for their attacks... Garet isnt' exactly snapping his fingers to create flame attacks now is he?)

...I'd build this up more, but I've spent half an hour as it is, and I need at least 4 hours of sleep to function properly... oh snapple, and in my creative re-living I even forgot the fact I should be sleeping MORE because I won't get much tomorrow, with a smash tourney on saturday...

Sandy

Smash Champion

A- A quick slash with his sword (3%)

Over+A- A sword thrust (11-12%)

Smash Over+A- Cannon (16-25%)
A quick running slash forwards.

Up+A- A 180 degree swing of your sword. Starting from your front side ending behind you. (7-10%)

Smash Up+A- Flint (17-24%)
A strong jumping slash. That has decent knockback and it turns brown when it hits.

Down+A- Thrust your sword at a downwards diagonal angle. (9-11%)

Smash Down+A- Squall (15-23%)
A jumping slash. Not alot of knock back but it may stun you for just a second lighting surrounds the person who is hit.

B- Cutting Edge (Shockwave 5-8%, Hit by sword 9-11%)
You create a shock wave, by swinging your sword down, that travels across the stage until it hits a person. It would be able to be used as fast as Falco's gun.

Over+B- Annihilation (13-16%)
Quick rushing slash forward.

Up+B- Planetary (Hit by dragon 13-16%, Hit by explosion 15%)
Isaac jumps high into the air and comes down as a flaming dragon head causing an explosion when he hits.

Down+B- Punji Strike (4-12%)
Isaac shoots bamboo out of the ground around him. Anyone caught recieves continuous damage and can't move like DK's Down+B

Up+Grab- Death Leap (7-11%)
Leap into the air and slam back down.

Forward+Grab- Perform a horizontal slash across your opponents chest. (8-12%)

Back+Grab- Teleport behind the person your grabbing and slash them across the back. (9-11%)

Down+Grab- Throw the person you are grabbing into the ground. (7-10%)

Shield- Granite

Brawl Attack- Catastrophe

Isaac raises his arm and screams "Catastrophe!". The screen goes dark and lightning shoots from the sky. You see a huge menacing figure with darg angel wings and many weapons descend from the heavens. He charges energy and sends it to the tip of his sword, incasing it in a triangular pyramid seal. He shoots it down to the field, it explodes open and shoots out electricity on either side in the shape of a dragon's head.

D

Deleted member

Ahhhhhh. There's a composer of Golden Sun in Brawl.

Isaac is amazing. Come on Sakurai.

Aussie_Phoenix

Smash Rookie
Isaac would be awsome in Brawl.:)
However if there were too many sword users I would like to see either Ivan/Jenna instead.

Djinn would be cool as items (possibly a replacement for pokeballs??). They could appear and then wonder around the arena, so you would have to catch them.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Issac and Felix have the most chance of getting in Brawl. Personaly I really perfer Issac, but the move set is a bit shaky there, cus it would be a bit weird for Issac to have all these elemental attacks while u have like pikachu's thunder and stuff.

If Issac does comeout, I don't think he would be all that great of a charater.

btw, keep in mind that Issac is intended to be Earth Based in Goldensun.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I am all for Isaac in Brawl, he is the character I wanting to see in the game the most ^ ~. Although this very well may not be, due to Motoi Sakuraba being one of the composers for SSBB and as one of his references Golden Sun was mentioned. . .So I'm thinking that Isaac may have a descent chance of getting in ^ ^.

I made a movelist for Isaac awhile ago and have posted it on a previous thread, but I'll post it again here since this thread is devoted to him. Here we go...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES:
Knockback - All knockback values will be compared to existing SSBM attacks and the knockback direction will be given (vertical, horizontal) Knockback ratings are in this order: N/A, Very Poor, Poor, Fairly Poor, Fairly Good, Good, Very Good, Excellent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character: Isaac (Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age)

Characteristics:

Isaac is a fairly nimble swordsman, due to the fact that not all of his strength is physical strength, it also comes from psynergy. His attacks' knockback would be somewhat varied. His weight is a little lighter than Marth's. In Golden Sun he is only outmatched in speed by wind adepts, when only character base element Djinn are used. His speed and power are evenly balanced. He keeps his sword out while he is standing but sheaths it while running and while using psynergy, and his sword is slightly shorter than that of Link. His sword has no "sweet spot." Has a double jump, and falls slightly faster than the average falling speed. Isaac has the ability to walljump. Uses a standard SSB shield. Isaac keeps you on the defensive with his quick blading skills and powerful psynergy.

Additional Information:

He would be fairly quick, speed along the lines of the SSBM Marth, and would have a slightly fast falling speed. His sword attacks would be quick, but not his Psynergy based ones. His weight and falling speed would make him fairly easy to combo. His range is long and some attacks he has with his sword have a wide arc (Ex> Up A SMASH). His sword is his disjointed hitbox. Isaac would be fairly good at edgeguarding, but not as good as other characters such a Roy or Marth. Has a few good finishers. His psynergy based attacks are powerful, even more than his sword. His moves would be fairly random because none of the swordsmen in SSBM used magical attacks. His 2nd jump would create a small wave below him (no damage given) which would propel him for another jump, and he would not do an acrobatic flip like most. Is fairly light, and has good grabs.

Movelist:

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Idle B - Odyssey Blade
Isaac waves his arm and shoots a small psynergetic sword as a projectile. Travels horizontally and disappears after about 2 seconds. The fire rate would be similar to Mario's fireball. [4%]
{Knockback: Poor - Similar to Falco's Idle B from SSBM, horizontal)

Tilt B - Djinni Strike
Isaac calls forth one of three earth Djinn to assist him. The three variances cycle similarly to Peach's tilt SMASH A in SSBM. All three have the same movement, but different effects. The attack movement is similar to the movement in Golden Sun, but about 1/3 of the jump.

* Variant A - Flint: A powerful downward slash that cleaves the enemy. [12-14%]
{Knockback: Good - A little shorter than Mario's Tilt A SMASH, flies horizontally}
* Variant B - Sap: Downward slash that heals equal to the amount of damage given. [7-8%]
{Knockback: Poor - Similar to Peach's Down B (thrown) in SSBM,horizontal}
* Variant C - Bane: Downward slash that poisons the enemy. Length of poisoning extends depending on your %, the higher % you have, the longer the poisoning will last. [Initial slash damage: 8-10%, poison 2%/s, poison time starts at 3 sec, every 25% goes up by 1 sec.]
{Knockback: Fairly Poor - Similar to the second slash (horiz.) in Marth's Tilt B in SSBM, horizontal}

Up B - Summon: Venus
The power of Venus engulfs Isaac and propels him skyward. Isaac raises his hand and immediately waves of earth psynergy spiral upward around Isaac and launch him. The path would be similar to that of Roy/Marth except the angle would be controllable after half of the technique's duration. Multiple hit technique with a stronger hit at the techniques finish. Max combo ability is 7. [Hit per psynergy wave 2-3%, final 4%]
{Knockback: Good - (Psynergy waves) Similar to the beginning hits of Mario's Up B in SSBM; (Final psynergy wave) Similar to Link's Up B final slash except vertical knockback, vertical}

Down B - Gaia
A beam of light shines in front of Isaac (facing screen or background) and causes the ground to break up and fly upward. Can be charged for greater effect. Can only be performed on the ground. The technique is like Clefairy's air jet move from SSBM. The maximum charge time is 7 seconds. [7-22% per hit]
{Knockback: Fairly Poor-Very Good - Just imagine Clefairy's air jet move in SSBM as the attacks pinnacle, vertical}

NORMAL ATTACKS

Idle A - Diaginal-up sword swipe (One-handed) [2%]
Idle AA - Diagonal-up sword swipe, horizontal sword swipe (One-handed) [2%+2%]
Idle AAA - Diagonal-up sword swipe, horizontal sword swipe, downward vertical sword swipe. (One-handed) [2%+2%+3%]
{Knockback: Very Poor - Similar to Link's Idle A}
Dash A - Quick draws his sword from his sheath [7-9%]
{Knockback: Fairly Good - Similar to Shiek's Dash A from SSBM but would send enemy flying at a 45 degree angle, vertical/horizontal}

STRONG ATTACKS

Tilt A - Two-handed sword thrust [6-8%]
{Knockback: Fairly Poor - Similar to Marth's Up A SMASH when the enemy is standing directly next to Marth, horizontal}
Up A - Focuses hands and creates a small shockwave above [9-11%]
{Knockback: Good - Slightly weaker than Zelda's Up A, vertical}
Down A - Crouching horizontal slice [6-8%]
{Knockback: Fairly Good - Slightly more than the Ice Climber's (single) Down A, horizontal}

SMASH ATTACKS

Tilt A - Double diagonal slash in an X [9-11% x2]
{Knockback: Fairly Poor-Good - First slash is weaker than Roy's Tilt A; Second slash is a little weaker than the second slash in Link's Tilt A SMASH in SSBM, horizontal}
Up A - Crosses arms over, materializes two odyssey blades into hands, and does an upward 180 degree slash with both simultaneously. [15-17%]
{Knockback: Very Good - Similar to DK's Up A SMASH, vertical}
Down A - Punches ground and causes earth around him to shake. [11-13%]
{Knockback: Good - Slightly more than MR.G&W's Down A SMASH, vertical}

AERIAL ATTACKS

Idle A - Somersault slash [8-9%]
{Knockback: Fairly Poor - A little better than Ness' Idle A (Aerial), depends on enemy's position}
Forward A - Horizontal thrust [8-9%]
{Knockback: Fairly Good - Similar to Capt. Falcons Forward A (Aerial) but at half power, horizontal}
Backward A - Spins backward and creates an explosion of earth (Note: This technique has a laggy startup) [10-13%]
{Knockback: Good - Similar to Zelda's Up A (Aerial), horizontal}
Up A - Double upward slash [7% x2]
{Knockback: Fairly Good - Similar to Marth/Roy's Idle A (Aerial), vertical}
Down A - Waves hands downward and creates a small shockwave (Note: This technique has a laggy startup, meteor smash) [14-16%]
{Knockback: Very Good - Slightly weaker than Ganondorf's Down A (Aerial), Vertical}

GRABS

[Uses hands to grab]

Grab+A - Punch [2-3%]
{Knockback: N/A}
Grab+Forward - Horizontally slashes opponent [5-6%]
{Knockback: Fairly Poor - Similar to Link's Grab+Up, horizontal}
Grab+Backward - Falls onto back and kicks opponent backward [3-4%]
{Knockback: Poor - Similar to Marth/Roy's Grab+Forward, horizontal}
Grab+Up - Throws opponent upward and sends an odyssey blade after them [5-8%]
{Knockback: Fairly Good - Weaker than Samus' Grab+Up but the odyssey blade stops opponent when hit hits, vertical}
Grab+Down - Throws opponent down and stabs opponent with small, sharp stalagmites[7-9%]
{Knockback: Poor - Similar to Fox's Grab+Down}

SUPER SMASH ATTACK

Odyssey
Isaac chants, raises his hands and unleashes an catastrophic amount of psynergy. Two swords then pierce the enemy, rendering him/her/it immobilized. Isaac then releases even more psynergy, which causes the screen to flash, and then summons a colossal sword and obliterates the foe with it. [???%]
{Knockback: ???}

(Here is a video of the technique from the game)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBlwIiirW4

TAUNT

Isaac lowers his sword, and makes a fist in front of him and says [JPN Ver.]"Ikuzo!" [ENG Ver.]"Lets go!"

WINNING POSE

1 - Sheaths sword and says, [JPN Ver.]"Ore no kachi da" [ENG Ver.]"I won"
2 - Brushes himself off
3 - Holds sword in front of him and says, [JPN Ver.] "Oretachi no mirai no tame ni, tatakau" [ENG Ver.] "I fight for our future"
4 - Forms psynergy into his hand. Hair, clothes, cape blow in the wind.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
I like the moveset very intresting, and quite frankly Issac is popular all around the world. I've never played the Golden Sun games and he's the only charcter I know. He sounds like he'd be a good addition to the cast. I suppose he has a chance, but I'm pretty sure a 3rd party slot would probably be filled by someone way more popular like on Sonic's level of popular although I'd love to see him in it.

D

Deleted member

Its not third party byt the way, its second.

The Golden Sun characters are all owned by Nintendo.

Here's hoping for both Felix and Isaac, and a GS3!

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
i dont think theyre doing 2nd/3rd party chars n e more. i think sakurai wants this smash game to hav the best of all nintendo char. meaning one of them is Metaknight!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
i dont think theyre doing 2nd/3rd party chars n e more.
What? There's no reason for them not to add any 2nd party characters, they have the rights to use them as they want. I don't think Sakurai is stupid enough to limit possible candidates like that. And I'll be very surprised if we don't see another 3rd party character, seeing as Sakurai's has practically opened the door for them (granted there are limited spots, but they are still there)

And technically, the Kirby series is 2nd party to Nintendo, so that kind of says that thety are using 2nd party characters.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
I like Isaac a lot, but that is an awful moveset you made for him.
And Garet is a Giant Sword/ Axe user. In GS1, Garet's best weapon is an Axe...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I like the idea of Isaac, i think it would be a nice send off for what i hate to say i think would be the final appearance the GS characters will ever make. :(

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Well, I updated the moveset... better said added once that was asked to be added... it's looking a bit ugly in the moment... sorry for that :( . If someone is interested in making a moveset that could replace the one I've posted (and therethrough make the first post look more pleasent), I would just ask you to consider the following points (I used the word consider):
What do we like so much about Golden Sun?
- great storyline (hard to put that in a moveset)
- beautiful, colorful and epic battle scenes (therefore I would hope Isaac would have a a colorful moveset for Brawl and you should feel the epicness of his origin... and that without moves having to fill the screen...)
- Riddles were cool in the game. I'm sure we won't forget some of the field psyenergies so often used (It would be sad if Isaac's moveset didn't contain something as important as a "Move" like attack... It's one of his most standard psyenergies)
- Djinns are make the game so alternating (yeah, I forgot Djinns in my moveset... I admit I would have preferred them as items... but an attack with Djinns which is well proporitioned... that would be nice)

Maybe I make a better movelist myself in the near future... maybe not, as time allows.

Anyway, even if Isaac doesn't make it to Brawl, at the composer who set the Atmosphere for GS games will be composing for Brawl (You see how epic his Battlefield composition was?)

On a side note: I still think Isaac and Felix would be be alternate costumes in Brawl (I mean, there attacks and classes in the GS games are also nearly identical...)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
- Riddles were cool in the game. I'm sure we won't forget some of the field psyenergies so often used (It would be sad if Isaac's moveset didn't contain something as important as a "Move" like attack... It's one of his most standard psyenergies)
I've always thought that Isaac's grabs should revolve around those kind of psynergies. 'Catch' would be the grabbing action (like Link's hookshot), while he used others for his 4 thows ('lift' for his up throw, 'pound' for his down throw, things like that)

Djinn are really hard to implement into his moveset I feel, they seem to be more suited for items. I think they should focus on psynergy for his moveset really, and I think it should centre around his default moves (his earth psynergy, like Quake sphere and Ragnarok).

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
yeah i think dijins should be items that when youkick up act almost a bit like pokemon in that they do some kind of more as they disappear

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
hmm, djinn as items...i think when you pick one up, it should temporarily add effects to your attacks, such as if you pick up an earth djinn, then your smashes would plant foes in the ground like dk's side+b. and a water djinn would freeze foes with a smash attack. fire ones would lite them on fire for added damage, and wind ones could give your smashes added knockback (wind would blow them in the direction you smash). who agrees?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
hmm, djinn as items...i think when you pick one up, it should temporarily add effects to your attacks, such as if you pick up an earth djinn, then your smashes would plant foes in the ground like dk's side+b. and a water djinn would freeze foes with a smash attack. fire ones would lite them on fire for added damage, and wind ones could give your smashes added knockback (wind would blow them in the direction you smash). who agrees?
wow, that's actually a really good idea! although I think djinns can be used for a better purpose, seems kinda boring just as items.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
FYI to anyone who thinks GS has no chance in Brawl: Ness, Kirby, and Metaknight are all second party characters. And guess what: Brawl is a second party game. Hal is a 2nd party company. So if Ness, Kirby, and Metaknight have a chance, Isaac does.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
yeah i agree djinn would be better as issac's attacks alone, but i figure the specials will already be taken up by psynergy, and adding elemental effects to 'a' attacks wouldnt really seem right...i dont know, maybe they could be the throws (not saying the catch/pound/lift/ect werent a good idea)? same effects for each element as i said above, but it would be...

dthrow-earth (implant in ground)
fthrow-wind (extreme knockback)
bthrow-water (freeze foe with little knockback)
uthrow-fire (extreme damage with little knockback)

you could still have the extended grab range with catch, too. i just think its smarter to keep the 'a' attacks neutral (non elemental).

Top Bottom