• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Okay Scribs I was a little disappointed that you'll be at ohayocon instead of smashing with me in the 'field but if this tosser is going to trash attack in the Dayton thread you're going to have to represent Dayton there and clean house. I'll do my best to hold off Springfield 'til next time.

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
We haven't really fished out a date yet, so a better date is up for grabs. ( I would like mid march more than feb for weather reasons, but I'll keep you posted)

@Ithrowthings: Bibble is NOT a n00b, so you might have a challenge with him...
(Just try to stay out of HDR and MBAC, their my games, but that's a little off topic.)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't count the way I played when I was up there as a representation of the Dayton crew in general...

Also, we won't be at OHAYOCON after all. Upon hearibng there were no cash prizes, it was decided that Springfield is closer and their event probably far more entertaining.

For the tourny, I don't know when yet. Sometime in Feb for sure. We need to figure something out...

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Don't count the way I played when I was up there as a representation of the Dayton crew in general...

Also, we won't be at OHAYOCON after all. Upon hearibng there were no cash prizes, it was decided that Springfield is closer and their event probably far more entertaining.

For the tourny, I don't know when yet. Sometime in Feb for sure. We need to figure something out...
Woo! Glad to hear you guys are coming to Springfield (It'll be so packed). If you guys come in a group of 4, Dayton can finally have 2 crews (cause we've barely got 1). If not, you guys can still play doubles as Team Beep or whatever you call it. This is gonna be intense.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
OHAYOCON isn't gonna have all noobs there sry... My crew is gonna destroy ohayocon much like they did last year (1st and 2nd in teams 1st 2nd and 3rd in singles) unfortunately though, they don't give cash prizes just a free admission ticket to next years ohayocon. I usually sleep in my car during cons cause I'm poor.

In a more related note, If you made the dayton tourney sometime in late feb early march I could try and get akron to show up. We're goin to regional championships tommorow and half of akron only likes about 1 tourney a month or so but I'll try and convince em.
lol not if i was there

and yes ill be going to springfield if my job gives me the day off

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Woo! Glad to hear you guys are coming to Springfield (It'll be so packed). If you guys come in a group of 4, Dayton can finally have 2 crews (cause we've barely got 1). If not, you guys can still play doubles as Team Beep or whatever you call it. This is gonna be intense.
Hehe, as great as team Beep! is, it seems all of our teams seemed to work well. I dunno, Scribble and I just seemed to work well together (Whereas, I hate to say it, but that Peach player didn't really pay much attention to his teammates... >.< ).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I have to shut that other thread (will do that today), since he posted in that one last week saying he had no ride and no one saw it >.<

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
*bump* fizzle are you going friday? we havent gotten to play with you recently
Sorry you've had to put your retribution on hold for the last eight days. I'm planning on coming tomorrow, so you don't have to worry about that. And Para, it'd be fun to 2v2 against Team Beep (unless Scribbs wants to use meta:(). I'm up for it.

I have to shut that other thread (will do that today), since he posted in that one last week saying he had no ride and no one saw it >.<
Ya that kinda sucked.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sorry you've had to put your retribution on hold for the last eight days. I'm planning on coming tomorrow, so you don't have to worry about that. And Para, it'd be fun to 2v2 against Team Beep (unless Scribbs wants to use meta:(). I'm up for it.
I don't know. All our teams seemed to work pretty well. Hell, even team Ganon **** ended up, well, ******.
You may end up seeing something like MK-Ganon or MK-Bad Snake though.

I need some more Lucario practice, so I look forward to playing you again!

Oh, and Fizzle, are you going to Springfield again this month?

Paradigm

Smash Ace
I 'spect he is. Fizz's been looking to grab one of SODA for Brawl teams... which is part of why I really wanna try teaming with him at SCC.

About that... I don't know if Reside is doing any brawl or not. If he's not then SODA won't have an odd man out for teams. Reside can be... finicky about these things.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I 'spect he is. Fizz's been looking to grab one of SODA for Brawl teams... which is part of why I really wanna try teaming with him at SCC.

About that... I don't know if Reside is doing any brawl or not. If he's not then SODA won't have an odd man out for teams. Reside can be... finicky about these things.
I might have that friend from that October/November Melee at Sinclair Day come. So, as long as Sin's team is as bad as last time (0-4 if im not mistaken), I think we can get at least one win if we team up. (The trash talk resumes:laugh:)

EDIT: unless nobody from the field reads this thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Grenades! Grenades! Grenades!

*accidentally pulls out the Nikita offstage*

****IT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!......

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
I'll try to make it up with 'Bibble also (If I go I can hype the upcoming tourney in person).
I'm studying up on G&W and Pit so I can be a contender get some wins off them.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
will you be available at someplace that isnt school? like sometime between now and friday? i can come over and play if you want.

also fromundaman could we do something at your place tomorrow since SCC is closed?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
School's closed tomorrow too? Any particular reason why?

Also, yeah, we can smash here at any time, whether today or tomorrow.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Most likely closed due to weather. Not 100%, but it looks quite likely.

Honestly I'm probably going to take advantage of Wednesday to get ahead in my academics.

However if ya'll can, I may be able to stay at SCC for smash on Thursday from about 11:00AM onward, as well as the usual Friday from about Noon onward. Hopefully that'll be enough to get my new secret weapon in shape so we can take down the 'field.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I will be soooo ready for any matchup on Friday/Saturday (except against Bowser, CF, the Kongs, the Space Animals, Ganon, the ICs, Ike, Jiggs, D3, Kirby, Link, other Lucarios, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, G&W, Ness, Oli, Peach, Pika, Pit, PT, ROB, Spamus, Snake, Sonicm Toon Link, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda/Sheik, or ZSS. It's on MK! It's on!)

Oh yeah, do the boards deceive me or am I on the verge of getting booted from crews. I actually learned how to play Go last week!!!!!!! AND FOR WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?!? Now I've gotta win singles to redeem myself : p

Paradigm

Smash Ace
If you actually took the trouble to learn go, and play Brawl AND Melee, [and are from Dayton,] you're definitely allowed into SODA, and will be in our crew for crew battles when it's SODA vs whomever. If the two Dayton crews combine vs all of the 'field I expect there will still be a place for you. No worries, you're most likely in no matter how we go about it.

If you found go interesting, the Dayton Go Club meets regularly on Saturdays. (Obviously a number of members will be absent this week >.>) SODA sprang up as an off-shoot of the DGC. Don't feel obligated to attend the go club, though, if you just picked up go for SODA. If you did like what you've learned of go, though, it's probably the best place to get started.

http://daytongo.net/

So SODA officially has four people attending + a ringer! Awesomes :D The field is going down under the boot of two Dayton crews.

Bad news is my smashing at SCC on Friday may be cut short. Don't know how short yet, though.

SCC is closed to today called it woop woop *missile* *missile*

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm like 50000th kyu. It'll take some time for me to be unbad enough to play in public.

Oh, and Friday, expect a lot more F-Smash!!! Seriously, there's not much else you can do to stop Meta's recovery.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Fizz - seriously the best way to learn, especially early on, is to go to the club. We're all really friendly there and no one will give you a hard time about being new to the game. Also I may be immune to F-smashes so you'll have to think of something else.

tosser - We're all going there, aye. There may be a Dayton v Springfield crew battle - we're Dayton.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sounds awesome. This time I think you're Sonic's going down ITT!

(Oh, and the crews will end with Scribble and BYA in a MK Ditto... yay...)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey Para, we'll be a little late (like 11:15-11:30) today as some people are having trouble getting out of bed...

Top Bottom