• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
we didnt have internet and was virtually buried in snow so it took us a while to get here, are you available any other place besides SCC today?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
alright i got up at 9 and for some reason i rolled once and now its 10 >_> alright im leaving now to get kayin then david then ill be up there by 10:45 at most (unless others dont wake up too XD)

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I wanna work on the ZSS vs MK thing; I did decently enough against capem for a character I had just picked about ~30 hours before that. The matchup shows potential. I have to be trixier... one move over and over gets predictable >.<

We still on for the usual Wednesday and Friday then? 'cuz next time Dayton's grabbing 1st 2nd and 3rd and crews. Also teams and arm wrestling matches.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yup, I'm up for it.

Yeah, we got ***** in crews. Capem was on fire yesterday though.
You were doing pretty good too Para. I'm so ashamed of how badly your Samus beat me in singles though >.< *Kirby stop running into ze firey smoke puffs!*

Paradigm

Smash Ace
I didn't do so well the first few times I played you. Ends up I learned to read you pretty well lol. Ask Wakka what it's like when I learn to read someone like that d:

I think next time we do crews (Maybe we challenge Springfield again in the summer or some such?) you and I will be the MK counters. You almost took Capem out on your own.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Im starting to learn the ditto match-up really well, also now that im not in the middle of a match and can think clearer, he does follow a few distict patterns that i now know how to punish. Also i may have figured out a way to punish his grounded SL --> D-smash that wrecked me so hard. I can see myself not losing to him in the future considering the rate i usually improve.
I just gotta make sure i play smart the whole match, which gave me wins when i remembered and losses when i forgot.

*edited OP to include tourney info as it stands right now*

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Score! If you already took out Nope and you can learn to beat capem Dayton will have the #1 smasher in all of the Dayton-Springfield area :D

Paranormalsin said he may join us in an upcoming smashfest, so we can get some practice against Olimar and maybe Wakka's Bowser as well.

He may need help getting here from the 'field, though, and I'm horrible at directions. I get lost on Final Destination. Think one of you could help out? Just PM or something.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, don't discount Cake's Diddy. Nope took him out in singles and he never got to play in either crew battle, but trust me, his Diddy is good, and may cause problems for us (unless Scribble goes ROB :D ).

Also, yeah, Capem did have a lot of distinct patterns (which he will often follow through with regardless of the other player, which is how he ate a rock that never should have hit in that 1st match) which I *should* know how to get around, but that I have a lot of trouble remembering in the game. With better spacing and more practice against SL, I think we could take him fairly easily. The problem is, on average, their crew is just much better than ours (As in they have more good players than we do).

Also, yeah, you did read me well, but I also kept repeating the same mistakes. I'd perfect shield the zaps, then try to shieldgrab EVERY time, and every time I would eat Fsmash or puffs of smoke...
*sigh* If only I had been in the right spot during that second match for the Uthrow uber RC gay...

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Ive already beaten his and nope's diddy with my mk and already me and capem go about 50-50 and i have done that particular throw and it was oh so sweet XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've done it before too, but I just BARELY missed it against Para on his Rob's last stock. Not sure why I missed it, since I could still see the platform right above us, but ah well... He barely missed a spike on me, so I guess it evens out.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
My ROB beat Cake's diddy in several single tournaments at Springfield, largely because I think ROB counters diddy, so I may have never given him the credit he deserves. After Nope and Capem the only one I really would worry about is Paranormal Sin's olimar and the Falco (keep forgetting his name), who I've also beatten in tourney. I guess I should add Nano on the list; first tournament ever he's outplaced me from like years of tournaments lol

Looking forward to Wednesday :D

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Apparently there's going to be a whole bunch of upcoming Smash events based on what Nope said in his thread.

You guys going to any of those? Any chance I could hitch a ride? I'll chip in for gas o'course.

Double posetd so I could get my lucky number 500th post to make Fromund bow to me buwahaha

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I dunno. I'd be up for it, but I don't have a car...

Also, *curtsies*
Only have to double that to reach my massive nerdom!

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
saturdays are always bad for me, i may be able to get like one a month but after that id say prolly not, though if wings and brew is the 28th i will very likely try to get that date off. I havent played AZ in a while and id like to do so. But if that is the case than rides are in order, Ill try to make sure nobody has to ride bi*** either.

*edit me and david are going to be at a play at 10am do it is likely that we will be late, as in not down in building 8 until lik 12 or something, but kyle and drake will prolly be down there so ill leave my wii with them for anyone who wants to play before we get back.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Awesome! Time to try out my secret weapon...

Oh wait... I don't really have one do I...?
(Well, there are 2-3 characters I'm drastically trying to improve right now)

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Unless there's something I don't know, "those others" are the field people. I probably didn't explain myself properly.

Anyways, if you can, bring your extra TV and setup. Don't want people to come from out of town only to have to sit and wait in a long line to try their luck against my soon-to-beat-scribble-and-be-the-best-in-Dayton ZSS

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Actually, there are others coming. Not exactly sure were they're from, but yeah, they said they'd be there around 5-6 PM tomorrow.

As for the setup, is that possible Scribble? I don't think we'll be able to take one of my TVs...

Also 3x/week? Awesome! (I mean, it's essentially what we're doing anyway, but now it's official! And shiny...)

Edit: For the tournament, what exactly are we registering to? It says there are no events planned...

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Awww. I won't be able to see the new guys then 'cuz I have class at 5:15PM on Wednesday. There is a chance I will get a large enough break during class to come down and get a couple rounds with them if I'm lucky. Also awww that I didn't get more heads up about Thursday 'cuz I have plans already.

Alas.

Also also I'm also confused about the registering tourney thing. I'd rather not have to deal with other websites honestly.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
sorry for the no-show today guys, we were at holtz house till 6am and didnt get up in time to come down. i told wakka that next week will be much better for me seeing as i dont have a blood donation and that will give you guys some time to practice up for us :D

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
Actually, there are others coming. Not exactly sure were they're from, but yeah, they said they'd be there around 5-6 PM tomorrow.

As for the setup, is that possible Scribble? I don't think we'll be able to take one of my TVs...

Also 3x/week? Awesome! (I mean, it's essentially what we're doing anyway, but now it's official! And shiny...)

Edit: For the tournament, what exactly are we registering to? It says there are no events planned...
Post in either Console thread or upcoming tournaments thread in their forum

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yea its registering for a forum not an event, also jelli would it be easier to make a thread here and post/link it onto the nexuslan forums somewhere?

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
Alright here is some details...

Event cost will be $10.00
Singles will be $10.00
doubles will be $5.00 per person on the team

DATE: March 14th (subject to change)
354 Mound St
Dayton, OH 45402

Specific rules and counterpicks are up to debate because I don't know them that well and don't wanna piss someone off with my inferior knowledge.

Offical thread: http://www.nexuslan.org/forums/index.php?topic=388.0

Everybody please post if you can come (suggestions, event help etc.) on the official thread.

P.S.: MARK THE CALENDAR

Top Bottom