• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right I will update it today.

EDIT: Updated OP with Bair, I did it differently than uair, please tell me what you think.

The next move is Nair.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Nair is great because it stays out for a long period of time and you can delay it or fastfall it at any time from a short hop, full hop or double jump...all with different spacing maneuvers. Its a tricky full body hitbox move that should be used often...and it ***** sonic

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Nair is a oos move a gtfo move and a gimp move all in 1
It ***** falcos sonics ness and lucas and some more
Seriously gimping with this move is sooo easy it's not even funny anymore

7/10 imo not her top 5 but deff. A good move

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Nair hitbox is good and bad imo. It's good because it's a lingering hitbox all around Jpuff+the feet she puts out, but the bad part is it doesn't extend all that much out. Still, nair is really good for interrupting lol Brawl combos and just interrupting in general, since it comes out fast. If you hit them with the weaker part of nair you can combo into different stuff, like I personally like to use grabs to follow up, and it's plausible to go into Rest. Nair also makes a decent gimping tool if you think Fair isn't fast enough. Lastly, when hitting them with the stronger part of nair you can set up a tech chase around 48-54% which can set up a jab lock, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291767

I would rate it a 7.5 or something.

Enzo

Smash Lord
Nair is very good but only in very limited situations and only on certain characters.
primarily gimping recoveries, (falco-phantasm etc.)
it also gets punished if whiffed in the air unless you fast-fall due to its long duration.
OOS is ok as a punisher but it doesnt have that much priority and bair usually will serve as a better punisher.
4.5/10 IMO it has its uses off-stage.

T-block

B2B TST
I definitely like the way you summarized b-air more, LzR.

I really like n-air, although I feel it tends to get outclassed by d-air in most situations. It is her second fastest aerial (beaten slightly by d-air). The two relevant pieces of frame data in this comparison are duration (51 vs d-air's 73) and landing lag (15 vs d-air's 30). It also does a guaranteed 10% instead of 2% per hit. In most situations though, I would choose d-air, mostly because of the larger hitbox.

Also, if you're going to be doing an aerial after a short hop b-air (without jumping again), n-air is a good choice, since it comes out faster than b-air or f-air.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Landing lag and duration aren't really important when most of the time, you autocancel aerials anyways unless your getting juggled. I like nair to grab at mid percents and to throw it out when mk is above you to protect against a SL. What really makes it good is that its kind of weak compared to her other moves and so its easier to combo out of. I'd advise not using it at low percent s tho because you can actually get punished for landing the move on heavies.

7/10

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I personally love Nair, I always end up using it as a combo finisher when I'm fighting somebody off stage. Its hard to explain so I"ll have to get a video of it soon or something.

Another thing that makes it so great is that the move its self has two bizzare features which can catch an opponent off gaurd.

1. The hitbox lasts a very long time.
2. The hitbox covers all of Jigglypuff

combine those two together by hitting your opponents with nair facing the wrong way at the last second really catches them off gaurd.

The move comes out very fast too so its good against heavy characters in the air like Snake or DK.

7.5/10 IMO

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I tend to overuse this move a lot.

So here's my stuff:

The move is usually unsafe. It's very situational compared to other aerials.
It lacks priority, Puff is literally the hitbox herself.

As people have said, it's damn good for gimping as it has low knockback and it lingers.

This can do some kind of combos too, like nair to grab or even nair to rest. Neither are reliable, but they do work with good reads like all da Puff stuff.

Using this offstage while fastfalling can be annoying, it eats like at least 2 jumps out of you, so be careful with that.

Can be a decent crossup. You nair through them and then possibly utilt or turnaround grab. Don't be predictable, this is asking to be OoS'd.

As many have said, great against Falco's recovery and an important thing in that MU.

I call this sort of a trump card move. I use it when I find the other aerials useless for that situation, but I still overuse it.

Overall Puff's most situational aerial.

At low %, it's unsafe even on hit.

Gets 5/10 from me.

Also nice stuff everyone! If we keep doing this way, we will get a nice collection of Puffstuff.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I personally love Nair, I always end up using it as a combo finisher when I'm fighting somebody off stage. Its hard to explain so I"ll have to get a video of it soon or something.

Another thing that makes it so great is that the move its self has two bizzare features which can catch an opponent off gaurd.

1. The hitbox lasts a very long time.
2. The hitbox covers all of Jigglypuff

combine those two together by hitting your opponents with nair facing the wrong way at the last second really catches them off gaurd.

The move comes out very fast too so its good against heavy characters in the air like Snake or DK.

7.5/10 IMO
Its not hard to explain :/...jump and press A at the moment you sense offstage movement or a recovery move being used...follow them with another nair or dair and successful gimp is successful.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Man do i love nair. I agree with T, it does get outclassed by Dair a bit, but the 10% is nice and can be used to combo into a jab lock, (see my guide). When it comes to gimping, nair is awesome. Because with dair, you still get the directional thing going on. For example, Say olimar is coming in from off stage, you dair him and that brings you farther away from the stage and makes you lower to the bottom of the deathbox.

Now, if you nair, thats all it takes for the gimp, just that love tap. It's situational compared to the dair, but i love this attack. It covers your whole body!?!?! Against diddy kong? This move's too good. :D
8/10

One of jigg's most useful moves. It also combos VERY well out of dair for gimps.

Sub'd for discussion.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
When you feel that nair is discussed, just tell me. I think we still need a little more.

How safe is this move? How strong is this move? Bla bla bla and stuff like that.
I personally prefer this move over dair.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Well, it's no kill move. but it can be suitable as a combo breaker and create enough knockback right when it comes out to get them off your jock.
The opening frames have more knockback than being love tapped.

Its not like, :metaknight: safe. But i'd give it :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: She deserves 3 jigglys in safety. Hahaha. Dair works better for creating safe spaces, but nair is good for finishing.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
When your opponent is putting to much pressure on you and that ***** aint giving u ur space, just jump+nair and go backwards to gtfo. That's why I like this move so much, just take yo time fellaz don't let em get u

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
When you feel that nair is discussed, just tell me. I think we still need a little more.

How safe is this move? How strong is this move? Bla bla bla and stuff like that.
I personally prefer this move over dair.
Wait.... you gave nair a 5/10 and you say you also prefer it over Dair?

Explain yourself now

But back on topic.

Nair has some neat tricks such as being able to cancel MK's Tornado if positioned correctly and doing shorthop nairs can counter Sonic's Spindash.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure it cancels every non trancedent priority projectile that isnt samus or lucarios charged neutral b moves

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Pretty sure it cancels every non trancedent priority projectile that isnt samus or lucarios charged neutral b moves
You kinda lost me there with Trancendent priority projectiles. What projectiles specifically are you talking about?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
It doesn't cancel the following:
Ivysaur's razor leaf. ????
Samus'/lucario's neutral b (charged)
Ness'/lucas' pk thunder/freeze
Yoshi's eggs
Sheik's needles ???
Diddy's peanut gun fully charged ???
(Toon) link's bombs
Rob's laser
Rob's gyro ???
Bowser's fireblast
Charizard's flamethrower
Squirtle's watergun
Samus' rocket
Mario's fludd
Snake's upsmash ????
Pikachu's thunder
Waddle doo's beam
Gordo
Ice climber's down b
Wolf's lazer

The ones with a question mark are those I'm not sure about if anyone could clear that up, it would be nice.
All other projectiles are canceled with nair.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
That's great noob I'll test all projectiles after work and update them here just to check if things are accurate, but this thread certainly helps

EDIT: should I test all of jiggs' moves or just nair only?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
That's great noob I'll test all projectiles after work and update them here just to check if things are accurate, but this thread certainly helps

EDIT: should I test all of jiggs' moves or just nair only?
There's no difference between the moves. The only time a certain aerial won't cancel a projectile compared to Jigglypuff's others is occasionally Dair against Lucas' Pk Fire due to its hitbox.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nobody's said anything for a day. I think we can move on to the next move.

Also, to make things not as boring around here, lets have the next move not be an aerial attack.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Noob, IMO you should definitely add that projectile cancel thread to the forum index. Even if it's old, it's useful. I commonly use aerials to cancel projectiles myself; avoid getting hit AND hit them with the sex kick at the same time.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I agree with Era.

Also, we should discuss Dsmash :D
I found a great use for it against diddy kong.
Instant throw Banana down or throw banana down, Dsmash :D

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Downsmash seems to work well if you do it after a pivot walk...and its most common use is by the ledge or as a taunt as T-block mentioned.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If it didn't have such a terrible hit box plus the extremely short amount of time the hitbox is out it would be a great gimping move, it sends them out really far off stage and they're not going to recover if they have bad recovery.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We didn't start a discussion about dsmash... But, why not if you already started :)

Discuss dsmash.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I HATE dsmash, it's fun how people are blown away and stuff IF it hits but that's it. I also like singcancel better as a taunt lol. You'll never see me use this move unless I'm screwing up my dacus or when I (somehow) have hit someone with sing.

Bad move : 1/10

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I gotta agree, the trajectory would be good, but the opponent usually slides along the ground and is sent nowhere. Also this move is laggy as hell and the hitbox is only out for a single frame. One of Puff's worst moves.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
charging a d-smash is the best taunt
I agree, i call it the Ballerina

We didn't start a discussion about dsmash... But, why not if you already started :)

Discuss dsmash.
already ahead of you ;).
It's not AWFUL. I'd give it a 4/10.
It's great for punishing rolls against characters with bad recoverys. Every once in while you'll be able to use it as a spacer. If it hits shield it does move them too far for a SG, but the ending lag is just bad enough fora grab anyway. Haha.
The beginning lag and ending lag is rquivalent to all of her other smash attacks, but this one has a fun hitbox. Fsmash has stupid priority (I think it might even be transedent) and that lags hard. If you read a good roll at high percents...
They're dead.

Sure it's situational, but so is our two best kill moves, one of which kills early but better players know they can just hit us out of it (rollout) and the other ones long enough that we get ourselves killed if we miss. And sometimes if we hit.

Exegguter

Smash Lord

It's great for punishing rolls against characters with bad recoverys. transedent) and that lags hard. If you read a good roll at high percents...
They're dead.

Its not......
I mean look how horrible it's range is... U'd be better of if ud use usmash for rollers then dsmash, I mean is there a dsmash in this game that's worse then this?

Top Bottom