• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
What angers me about Dsmash is its range.
What saddens me even more is that it's Jiggs' fastest smash.

:'(

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

already ahead of you ;).
It's not AWFUL. I'd give it a 4/10.
It's great for punishing rolls against characters with bad recoverys. Every once in while you'll be able to use it as a spacer. If it hits shield it does move them too far for a SG, but the ending lag is just bad enough fora grab anyway. Haha.
The beginning lag and ending lag is rquivalent to all of her other smash attacks, but this one has a fun hitbox. Fsmash has stupid priority (I think it might even be transedent) and that lags hard. If you read a good roll at high percents...
They're dead.

Sure it's situational, but so is our two best kill moves, one of which kills early but better players know they can just hit us out of it (rollout) and the other ones long enough that we get ourselves killed if we miss. And sometimes if we hit.
Uair got a 5/10, I don't think Dsmash is nearly as useful as U air to only have one less point than Uair.

Also, you can always just punish with rest rather than dsmash when reading rolls. The only person who'd die from dsmash at a low % would be like Link.

This move gets a 1.5/10 for me. There's only one move that Jigglypuff has thats worse than it and its d tilt.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I disagree dtilt is imo more usefull then dsmash les ending lag more range, and it dodges some projectiles xD, i'd give dtilt a 1.5 and dsmash a 1 dsmash is just horrible if not... The most horrible move in the game.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess I gotta give it 1/10 too. I NEVER use this move. This move belongs down there with the likes of sing.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
uses of Dsmash:

Let you know when you messed up your dacus.
Serves as a good taunt (deals damage too!)
Good mixup (No one see's it coming.... ever)

30/10

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I'd rate this move higher then sing at least, because at least you don't get punished for landing it. Anyway, hard to hit with, bad range (though the hitbox actually goes below Jigglypuff quite a bit and I think above), only out for 1 frame, low knockback etc. The angle on it is great, but the knockback is meh. It will probably gimp characters with bad recoveries, but it rarely kills by itself. Heck, even the angle is not that useful since I've seen people jump out of the hitstun before.

So some positives...it does do damage. So you could use this to refresh your other moves and it's a good move to use to punish when you know you can't kill. But grab is probably better for that so uhh. . It also makes a great taunt!? Dsmash also has a chance to trip, but it's very low and you can't make use of it if they get knocked off stage..They can also bounce off walls and you hit them they come back.

Okay, so an actual positive...you can chain on walls with it.
Since I'm talking about wall shenanigans anyways, on the latter type of walls you can use dsmash, which is more hilarious. It doesn't work till 40 or something I don't remember, but at MUCH higher percents (which you get to very quickly) they are stuck in a massive amount of hitstun, so you can actually taunt in between the dsmashes. Try it on Corneria's wall and you'll see what I mean. Not something likely to use competively but awesome for lulzy friendlies.
Dsmash wall infinite is pretty situational though since it only works on some walls.
Someone else discovered it before me back in 2008 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172410&highlight=dsmash

Well Dsmash is pretty much outclassed by everything so lol. 2/10?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I'd rate this move higher then sing at least, because at least you don't get punished for landing it. Anyway, hard to hit with, bad range (though the hitbox actually goes below Jigglypuff quite a bit and I think above), only out for 1 frame, low knockback etc. The angle on it is great, but the knockback is meh. It will probably gimp characters with bad recoveries, but it rarely kills by itself. Heck, even the angle is not that useful since I've seen people jump out of the hitstun before.

So some positives...it does do damage. So you could use this to refresh your other moves and it's a good move to use to punish when you know you can't kill. But grab is probably better for that so uhh. . It also makes a great taunt!? Dsmash also has a chance to trip, but it's very low and you can't make use of it if they get knocked off stage..They can also bounce off walls and you hit them they come back.

Okay, so an actual positive...you can chain on walls with it.

Dsmash wall infinite is pretty situational though since it only works on some walls.
Someone else discovered it before me back in 2008 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172410&highlight=dsmash

Well Dsmash is pretty much outclassed by everything so lol. 2/10?
Tl;dr dsmash is just ****, pieces of ****

Though jennifurpuff ***** me with dsmash alot, she's so pro I wonder what's her secret

:113:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Noob, IMO you should definitely add that projectile cancel thread to the forum index. Even if it's old, it's useful. I commonly use aerials to cancel projectiles myself; avoid getting hit AND hit them with the sex kick at the same time.
Alright, I'll add it.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I gimped a link at 30% with falling uair to dsmash. If they fall ontop of the dsmash it will send them at a downward angle rather than them sliding across the stage. If you hardcore predict a recovery like that it gimps pretty well.

2/10

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It seems there isn't much to this move. I will leave it for the day to discuss about and then move onto another move.

Feel free to suggest the next move, we don't have to follow what I want.

And squeeze all the information you got about dsmash you have!

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Dsmash is the worst move in the game. Gross horrible disgusting trash move.

Sing for next please.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
BAHAHAHA
So instead of a horrible move you want to do a worse move? Do something useful that takes Technique and precision.

Let's talk Rollout

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Unrelated discussion go away.

Discussing two useless moves in a row wouldn't be smart.

Suggest something that makes sense ya know or we can just do the rest of the aerials.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Feel free to suggest the next move, we don't have to follow what I want.
Oh okay cool so we get to pick whatever we want then right? k i'll pick sing. Its not that bad of a move as most people think, i'd rate it.............*interrupted*

Discussing two useless moves in a row wouldn't be smart.

Suggest something that makes sense ya know or we can just do the rest of the aerials.
What is this I don't even...

Exegguter

Smash Lord
As I said before I pick sing also which is 2 votes for sing ha...! Take that

Sing is so great it's good for recovering and you can shieldpoke with it. It's also good after an uthrow.

8/10

:113:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Fsmash is decent move. I generally use it for reading an airdodge to the ground. I think it has transendent priority. I could be wrong though, someone can check that. Its really powerful, It's basically kirbys but wth alot of lag.

You won't use this very much, but when you do use it, it's likeliness to hit is low, but it has power.
It'd give this a 3/10.... maybe 3.6 Leaning towards 4.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ok what are we discussing guys, we started talking about sing and now were also talking about fsmash. Are we doing a two for one?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Let's discuss shield too.
3/1
It's like you + hot girl + hot girl + self esteem needing girl.

Unless you are a girl.
In which case, assuming you are hot would translate to:
You + Curious hot girl + curious hot girl + Curious hot girl + Hottest girl.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Cut out the spam guys, keep it to the social!
It's gonna be harder for me to collect stuff to OP with all the **** here.
Fine whatever discuss fsmash. I am busy and can't edit stuff for a few days as I am not home but when I am I will do stuff.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Double posting cuz I am Puff.

I updated Uair and added stuff about Dsmash.

Please keep discussing about Fsmash.

Also added awesome stuff to the OP, it now looks semiprofessional. :D

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Good job on the op lazurrrrr,

Though some people gave dsmash a 1 some a 2 so give it a 1.5 lol it's her worse move so yeah....

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
i have Dsmash a 30.
gave^^

And Fsmash is not super useful. The only time i've seen it useful is punishing airdodges. Not that you should be covering the ground anyway
As a ground attack, i give it a 5/10
Though, as an overall attack i give it a 3/10.

The lag makes it to hard to be viable. It's good if you read like, a side roll, and then spot dodge. Because thats legit how long it takes...

Exegguter

Smash Lord
After a couple of (defensive) retreating bairs it's nice to do a fsmash as a suprise if your opponent rushes into you, it's pretty usefull and works good once a match.

What I do sometimes is when I'm on the ground and my opponent is in the air ,almost landing to the ground, I do an empty short hop and then wait until he/she starts doing stupid stuff like airdodging on stage so i can punish it with a fsmash,

Fsmash is also good after a shorthopped dair-trip.

All in all fsmash' only use is for punishing mistakes if you want to be safe and don't wanna risk rest. You can't rely on it, it's to slow and its range isn't really great.

4/10 for me

!!!!!!!!!!!NOOBCOMBO!!!!!!!!: LEDGESINGCANCEL INTO FSMASH

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I would rate it a 5.5/10. I wouldn't really rate it that low because that implies it isn't useful. But it has decent killing power and more range then most of her ground moves so it is :p Main problem I have with this move is the start up which makes me rage. And then in the range department it's not that great.

A situational use for the move is a tech chase set up. At low percents, but not at zero, the angle causes them to head for the ground.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't think move is bad at all. I just think it's very very situational. It requires a hard read in order to be effective, but it's surprisingly powerful. You will only land it via extreme mindgames. Don't use it unless it kills.

5.5/10

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I think usmash is her best smash...

@woody at the beginning of the match right? xD I use it all dah timez lmao

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
okay f-smash I have a lot to say about it

F-smash is as good as the person using it. It's not a get-out of jail card, a panic button- but it is a punishing and reading tool. If you are good at punishes/reads- f-smash will be very useful.

You need to always use it with care though because it's not safe if whiffed. Also don't stale it, only use it if you want something dead.

People bash f-smash a lot, and compared to Smash64 and Melee f-smash of course it's bad, but frame 16 is still useable, it's Zelda f-smash speed. It's just the hitbox was nerfed and it's unsafe so it's more dangerous to use.

I don't think move is bad at all. I just think it's very very situational. It requires a hard read in order to be effective, but it's surprisingly powerful. You will only land it via extreme mindgames. Don't use it unless it kills.

5.5/10

I second this

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We'll discuss Ftilt, you like it or not. Updating OP tomorrow, going to sleep now.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
This move would be so useful if it had range or was safe on shield. But no, the hitbox is pretty pathetic, and can be punished OoS. Still, it comes out fast and ends fast. And it has enough knockback to serve as a GTFO move. Not much to say..

Can be used as a desperate kill move next to ledges. And then another situational use is as a tech chase set up, though not very reliable. Maybe useful for continuing a bair chain from the ground??

4/10

Top Bottom