• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Gonna be busy again this week thanks to schoolwork. Will update OP later. Move on to Dair so we can get these aerials done.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I give Dair a 7/10.

It is great for cross-ups on characters who don't have very good out of shield options, can combo into a grab or rest and has really good disjoint compared to most of her attacks.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I give dair 9/10.

A very good move. Only loses to Fair in terms of usefulness.
The only problem compared to other aerials is that dair is more MU dependent and situational than Bair or Fair. It lacks hitsun if the last hit doesn't connect so you might get punished for it.

The move has incredible mixup potential. If attacking an opponent and it gets shielded, you have many options: You can crossup, you can aim for a poke, you can retreat or you can land behind them and turnaround grab. You can also do the infamous Drillrest.
Think of this move as a worse version of Warios Dair. Use your mobility to its fullest potential and mix it up or this move will be of little use to you.

When you hit a grounded opponent with it and land near them you can grab them if they shield or do another one if they spotdodge and you can even utilt after it. Again, mix it up.
After about 130% this move starts to get knockback. After this point the move becomes a beast offstage. A single hit with this move offstage can lead to a death against characters with average recoveries. They also have to worry about recovering more than you, making it safer for you to use. This move also lasts a long time and has multiple hitboxes which can mess your opponents counterattack attempts pretty well.

TL;DR

This move is only useful because of our mobility, remember that.
It has tons of mixup options afterwards and during the move.

T-block

B2B TST
Love love love this move... hitbox is quite large, and as LzR said, d-air is really useful when combined with our aerial mobility. If I had to give it a number I'd give it 8/10 based on ratings of past moves.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Not sure what to rate Dair, because it is incredibly useful, but it suffers because it's a multi-hit move...so people can SDI out of it. Luckily, rarely anyone actually SDIs against it, so it is still practical. I'm stating it's possible because I've played an opponent that got out of it nearly every single time. Dair also is risky in the air because of it's lack of knockback.

However, dair is useful for frame traps and mindgames, and wins games. The disjoint and the duration to it is really useful for interrupting tons of stuff.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Man, this move is so good.
I give it a 9/10.
I'm not trolling lol. This move is probably one of the most used move i have. I use to approach, gimp, lead to kills.
It's great.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Drill + Grab is a good damage racker too, I forget how much it does but I think it almost does around 20% damage.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If you get a full drill, 2 pummels, and a throw, it can do around 30ish.
But that's also counting you get every hit of Dair in.

2 pummelts + throw = 16

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
d-air... 10/10. Truly. Maybe I like it because I'm a smash64 ***** and that was like half her game, but this is one of the few moves that were improved from melee. It has very good hitbox for jigglypuff, safe as hell when you space correctly, can do lots of damage, god like at poking and can set up combos, even gimps if used cleverly. You can stale it as much as you want too because it doesn't KO. What's not to like about this move? I think we need to use it more. My favorite move.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
8.5/10.

I looooooooooooooooooove this move. Great for approaching, great for spotdodgers and of course: rest!

A dair + a grab with 1 pummel does 29%!!!! Isn't that just awesome?

It's also nice to fool people, use your down air on their shield, drop behind them, alot of people will try to grab you know, use your utilt. Utilt could lead to an uair which is an 36% ''combo''. I use this ''combo'' alot before 40% it's great.

Dair could also lead into trip, into an usmash/fsmash if you're playing safe and not using rest.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm sorry.
I semi wanted the infraction.
Don't we have pictures in the frame data thread? I thought we did.
And We should work on Uair next.
Ive been using it more.

T-block

B2B TST
Ugh, thanks Noob. Sorry, I was at work, and I actually did take a look at the thread index, but I saw the vid thread first and assumed there were no pictures =x We should combine the two resources >_>

And yes, that is a pretty sexy hitbox.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Yeah, we could honestly do a bit of housekeeping with the various threads and such in the Index.

Regardless, we should take this to the social thread.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Do you guys think we are already done with Dair? We can move onto the next move now.
If you still have something to say about Dair, feel free to say it.

Congrats Puffs, we have now done all aerials.
Let's now do Upsmash, our lasst smash attack left.
It is clearly our best smash, but I leave it to you guys now, I will do my own input later today and improve the OP a little to make it much clearer :)

Upsmash, discuss now!

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I would rate Usmash a 5.5 I guess. It's about as useful as fsmash but slightly better since you can dacus with it. There's not much to say except it's a kill move you can slide with.
BTW, the sweetspot of usmash is behind Jiggs, which is a bit more powerful.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's not hard to do at all. Dash attack by pressing left/right and cstick down at the same time. Then ASAP input up+z and you got it.
I think it's easier to BDACUS it lol.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I wouldn't say its THAT great. Jigglypuff's Dacus leaves her wide open due to the fact that the start up time on it takes forever. Its very risky and you can end up getting punished alot for it. But at the same time, it lets jigglypuff cover alot of ground quickly and it catches the opponent off gaurd, it works well against characters who has slow start up or cool down attacks because they'll have a hard time reacting to it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's like Fsmash, requires cool mindgames and reads in order to be effective, but when used well it's great.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Ok first of all:

WHY IS DSMASH STILL A 2?! AND NOT A 1?!

Ok,

Anyways,

There is this thread which displays which characters can be dacussed after a grabrelease, mr.e made it. Pretty usefull.

The only reason dacus is good is to punish landings and jumps from the ledge.

Imma go with 5/10.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'd give this like... a 4.
I use it, but not often.

If there are any characters such as pikachu that send out jolts or projectiles, or characters that have broken hitboxes, such as snake, you probably won't be hitting this. The only time i really use it, is if i'm chasing a roll/get up, or if i really am getting desperate. Sometimes i can use it to punish airdodges, but there are better moves that lead into something,....
such as rest/nair/fsmash/fair

But, i see better options. I do end up using it, bnut it's not very amazingly useful.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I know nair is done but i found something cool for it, to people that di out of the jablock, just jump over to them and sour spotted nair will continue the lock. If they di a little bit out of it but not far enough you can actually land on the other side of them and continue it all the way to the other side of the stage. It stops working at about 80%

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Do you have videos?
I know what you mena, i want to see how doable, / time necessary this is.
Like, is it easy to do or is it precise?

When exactly do you want the nair? In place of the jab, correct?
I'vee used nair to knock someone into jab lock before, like sour spotted on the ground and then combo into jab, i never have seen jab - nair - jab

could that work? n-j-n-j-n-j?

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I cant record but this is pretty easy to do.

It doesnt have a pattern cuz its dependent on di but if they make any attempt to di out of the jab then yes it should put them in range for a nair. If they dont di you could always go for another jab so they cant escape it until you run out of stage. You cant always go for nair cuz if you're too close to them youll sweetspot it and mess up the lock.

Top Bottom