• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I land Rollout on people who know the MU, and they're not brain dead. Yes, there is quite a few people who don't know how to counter Rollout's simple gimmicks even though they can. But can you not use Rollout while they're in ending lag? Can you not mix-up how you use Rollout?

I don't care if you think it's bad, but don't be biased about the rating when there's several people that disagree, since it's supposed to be a collaboration effort. Otherwise why bother asking for others' opinions?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't care if you think it's bad, but don't be biased about the rating when there's several people that disagree, since it's supposed to be a collaboration effort. Otherwise why bother asking for others' opinions?
^This

Yeah you are really being unfair about this LzR. I honestly don't care what you think about rollout I want a recount because currently rollouts ranking is based on what YOU think it should be instead of all of us.

I'll state my last score for it again

Rollout gets a 6/10 IMO

Exegguter

Smash Lord
It gets a 5/10 from me. I know how to punish gaw's usmash. It doesn't mean I'm never getting hit by it. Ur just being baised. And as I stated in some post before, u could change te ratings and make it words instead.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm serious. It's good for punshing airdodges to the ground, juking on platforms, getting to the stage fast, kill ptential is faster than rest's, and as much as everyone trolls about it, it wrecks shields. You can even juke people out with it. It's not bad. Just not amazing.
I use it alot. 6.5/10

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Pull this one, go for someone, pull back before, and then hit them. chances are they'll spot dodge initially and then get wrecked, do something dumb and get wrecked, or you roll past them like you would have initially. Unless it's a marth or Mk. Don't do it then.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Agreed. Everything beats jigglypuff in that match. Including snake as a character. Or Shield dropped grenades > Utilt

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Picking jiggs vs snake is asking for losing anyway xD. I'd rather play gaws as jiggs then freakin snakes.....

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
if we re-vote for rollout I give 5/10 but it's really hard to be fair because it depends on your opponent's reaction ability and knowledge of the move

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah infact, Jigglypuff is hardly ever seen and the vast majority of players dont' know how to fight Jigglypuff. But even so, if the opponent did know how to fight Jiggs I'd still give it the same ranking.

I also like how a 6,5,4, and a 6.5 average out to a 2/10

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All this trouble because of a number which has no actual practical meaning? Just read the stuff by opening the rollout part, the number won't help you. I shouldn't even have implemented a number system at all
This is reminding me of the MU discussions now: "It's 50-50" "NO! It's 55-45!" "No way it's 45-55".
It doesn't matter.

Now explain me how such a move is actually useful and why not, for example the Green Missile?

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
All I'm saying is to do an average rating rather then a 2, put two ratings, something. Everyone wins.

Honestly it's not just the rating, because the description is bare and also implies Rollout is terrible, so anyone reading it will think the move is utter trash. Except that isn't the opinion of everyone part of the discussion; just include opinions from both sides. If you say why does it matter, its supposed to be a guide and maybe we want people to consider it.

I'm not going to argue about Rollout's usefulness any more, since in arguments neither side wants to concede and will just stop our productivity, so we should just move on to the next move.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We will rediscuss rollout later then. Now lets keep it on the current topic and switch to another move soon.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
We don't have to rediscuss. We already discussed it, we just need you to average all our votes and replace the number on the OP to reflect our votes and agreements and opposing to putting your opinion in the OP instead of our discussion. If not then there is no reason to even discuss. Discussion is about collaborating.

T-block

B2B TST
Why should we assume something that more often than not isn't true?
Yeah infact, Jigglypuff is hardly ever seen and the vast majority of players dont' know how to fight Jigglypuff. But even so, if the opponent did know how to fight Jiggs I'd still give it the same ranking.

I also like how a 6,5,4, and a 6.5 average out to a 2/10
Because when we rely on our opponent lacking knowledge that is easily obtained, we don't get an accurate picture of our own character.

Would any of you change your number if we did assume that the opponent knew exactly what he needed to do to deal with Rollout?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I wouldn't. I know most characters know how to mess with rollout, and by using rollout i automatically accept the possibility of being countered, much like any other move i do. The key is to use it wisely. Like rest. jigglymaster says it's a 10. Now if you think you're smart, try to rest against a charcter and miss, thats 5 seconds to get punished with. Just be smart.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I still get hit by rollout even though I know how to fully counter the move. It happens. I'll get hit by rollout alot more than I'll ever get hit by Jiggly's Dsmash thats for sure. Dsmash and Rollout should not have the same ranking. Dsmash is fine at 2, Rollout needs to be higher.

And like I said before I'm on strike, so I'm only going to talk about rollout until its fixed. If you move on and try to ignore me then I just won't help out anymore.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
^ this.

Now I think about it. I actually never landed a dsmash at a decent player. Not even once lmao. I landed rollout a looooooooooot more then dsmash. So giving them the same rating makes this thread auto-fail. If they are, it means rollout is sharing the 'worst move of the game' title with dsmash, which isn't exactly true. But if LzR keeps bein baised and won't listin to other opinions, he could call it: LzR's move discussion thread (I won't listin to others) and I'll stop bothering even looking at this thread :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Please do :D
It would be an epic infraction for My Little Pony Justice.
lmao
As long as i don't get banned.

But uh, anyways.

STRIKE!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We have a move where you hold B and release when you want to. So much **** for such a move. If it matters so much go and calculate the average and tell me, I won't bother to calculate it.

Top Bottom