• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

T-block

B2B TST
for the record, i count that as a win because there was a spot earlier where he messed up his recovery and i could have edgehogged but i let him back on instead

but yeah, that's painful to watch o.o idk why i threw out the d-smash so late

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I have every second weekend off. I don't know which weekends they are, but both I will already have plans for (one weekend in August, I am going back to Campbell River to see Kyle again, and one weekend I will be spending time with my family in Port Alberni).

Edit: just realized I forgot to press post lol.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I feel like updating everyone with my moving and stuff 'cause I'm an attention ***** etc.

I'm gonna be looking at apartments in the downtown/granville area probably very soon, possibly before I go to Vegas, definitely after if I don't before.
I'll likely be moving end of July/early August and Travis will follow up probably at the end of Summer and we'll be living in the same place.

I'll be in Poco a few days before my flight to Vegas. Flight is on the morning of the 5th, I'll probably be there on the 2nd, so if anyone wants to do anything in those few days lemme know.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I have every second weekend off. I don't know which weekends they are, but both I will already have plans for (one weekend in August, I am going back to Campbell River to see Kyle again, and one weekend I will be spending time with my family in Port Alberni).

Edit: just realized I forgot to press post lol.
Isn't summer 2 months, so ~8 weekends?

Jason!

Smash Lord
Jason is in love with Brandon. He's just tsundere. "It isn't like I wanted to team with you or anything, Sinister. Your Wolf sucks anyways!" - Jason 2012
Brandon's aight.. but your much much cuuuuuterr.

Reposted incase you missed it.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Goombario would've been a solid choice too. Only partner who can do 4 damage as opposed to 3 without FP~

Now that I think about it, Bombette probably gets the best move of the 4 of them from the power block. Pretty sure I had a tough choice for the first one last time I played, but I think they're all good choices for their own reasons. 3 damage Power Shell is cool for the desert though...but so is 5 (I think?) damage shell shot.

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Parakarry is is just good all around. Not particularly good at one thing, just good at everything.

Who do you think is best for the boss of the area? (Without spoiling it for T-block)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Probably Parakarry. Shell Shot is pretty great there. Goombario is good too, though Kooper is kinda useless. I think you get another Power Block before the boss though...?

And yeah, Parakarry is legit. I think he used to be my favorite from that game, though I like most of them now.

T-block

B2B TST
shell shot is fantastic

glad to hear that goombario is actually good. if i had to guess i would have guessed he would have been outclassed for the rest of the game after chapter 1

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Goombario is handy to have for pretty much the whole game, from what I find. Not gonna mention the moves he gets from upgrading, but for basic attacks, his superior damage output + jump properties are always nice to have. He's among my most-used even towards the end of the game.

And yes, Shell Shot is godly. One of my most-used FP attacks, along with Power Shell.

Asa

Smash Hero
Understanding the mechanics of frames and vulnerability during key points in the game is pretty essential to understanding why things work how they do.

This is probably why I can't learn from wifi//the way you guys suggest I should, isn't it.
you don't need to understand the mechanics of frames and vulnerability during key points in the game game to be decent at it and have fun. It helps though.

and no that shouldn't affect your ability to use wifi as an effective training tool

did asa throw his controller on the ground after that happened?

looks like an intense match lol

:009:

mmmm no i didn't throw it down but i made a bunch of noises

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I basically used Kooper for most of the game. He's by far one of the best because first, he's blue. Second, he attacks all ground enemies without taking damage. I basically would jump on them with Mario or use the quake hammer to flip them upside down, and between the quake hammer and kooper's ability, Basically every enemy would die in 2 rounds or less.

Kooper was one of my most commonly used partners in the game. Though I always had the "switch partners for free" badge on, so I literally had the option of using any partner ability at any time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
For those going to Impulse, I suggest checking Air Canada Jazz/Tango right now.

Tix are about $630 for a round trip from Vancouver to Toronto after all fees which (imo) is a really good deal.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It isn't a very good bet at all. The chances of there being a discount on flights from Vancouver to Toronto (when there are hundreds of other possible destinations in North America) are slim.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The weekly offer is typically something like a discount from two different cities to the same destination.

One earlier this month was like Vancouver/Toronto to some city in Hawaii.

Top Bottom