• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why wouldn't a diddy/ dixie combo work?

I could see it working, especially if they add team moves like Diddy picking up dixie and throwing her or something like in the game
Yeah, so let's take Diddy's uniqueness and obliterate it by tacking on Dixie for the sake of adding really inspired moves like "throwing her or something like in the game."

Worth it.

But yeah, that K. Rool guy. Really pretty badass, like the honey badger.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, so let's take Diddy's uniqueness and obliterate it by tacking on Dixie for the sake of adding really inspired moves like "throwing her or something like in the game."

Worth it.

But yeah, that K. Rool guy. Really pretty badass, like the honey badger.
I didn't say it would be the best option, I just said it would work without any problems and probably would reflect the DKC games better.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why wouldn't a diddy/ dixie combo work?

I could see it working, especially if they add team moves like Diddy picking up dixie and throwing her or something like in the game
Their movesets are not the same, so making the two operate like the Ice Climbers would not work right.

Also, this topic is in the wrong thread.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Their movesets are not the same, so making the two operate like the Ice Climbers would not work right.

Also, this topic is in the wrong thread.
They wouldn't need to work like the ice climbers.

In the DKC games, the second ape doesn't have a hitbox and doesn't participate in combat.
-

All I've seen from K. Rool recently have been from the crappy 3D animation series.

I'm so glad I never saw the series at the time of my childhood, it would have ruined my image of the game.

Like the previous series they tried to make:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df5UEKxHQ3U

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I haven't even read this yet, but I have a feeling it's something you lot can tear apart easily, if you're feeling bored.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/63831569
Wow, I was considering going through each point (even the ones that pretty much just restate previous points) and proving how they were wrong, but then I read "IV. He's a villain" and realized that pretty much all logic I would use arguing would be wasted on this person. Plus he said K. Rool wasn't popular. :facepalm:

Also, I don't visit GameFAQs often, and I can't remember very many users by name, but I recall some people on here talking about how poor Dustof_DryBones's arguments and logic were, so I would just ignore this. Seriously. :rolleyes:

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
There are a lot of illogical and just plain ignorant GameFAQs users. It's funny, I actually referred that guy to this thread to have a look at all the support arguments for K Rool. Clearly he didn't bother to come over here and check it out. (Maybe for the better)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There are a lot of illogical and just plain ignorant GameFAQs users. It's funny, I actually referred that guy to this thread to have a look at all the support arguments for K Rool. Clearly he didn't bother to come over here and check it out. (Maybe for the better)
Oh, SSBF actually linked him to this thread's OP. It was dismissed as me being giddy about K. Rool's unlikely inclusion. Unlikely because, you know, he missed a single game and is a villain :troll:.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
not saying its all about logic, but i dont see how anyone could think any of those arguments hold any weight. when you consider the pool of characters that are popular for this generation of Smash Bros, the major first party characters that have the most popularity at this point are K.Rool, and Ridley (or so it seems to me) and a lot of the other characters that are wanted dont have as nearly big followings. Sure, i'd love to see Paper Mario or Ghirahim, and even Shulk. But im quite sure that because of the popularity, need for villains, and uniqueness needed in the game, that K.Rool and Ridley will be included before most if not all other characters.

Anybody who tries to argue that K.Rool is unpopular, isnt going to be in because he's a villain (like seriously, wtf?) or irrelevant to the series is a complete moron who isnt thinking with his head. All of those points can easily be proven wrong. its pretty much a waste of time

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, everyone in the world pretty much agrees with just two characters, or at least: 99%. And those would be King K.Rool and Mewtwo. Ridley even has serious competition against them.

And no, we need NO Diddy and Dixie team. ESPECIALLY NOT instead of King K.Rool.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I haven't even read this yet, but I have a feeling it's something you lot can tear apart easily, if you're feeling bored.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/63831569
Old I'm sure, but the main problem is he assumes Sakurai give a crap that the character was not in the most recent game. Sakurai looks at Nintendo history holistically. He wont ignore K Rool just because he wasn't in one game. He wont ignore all the other games he's been in (and the fact he's one of the most popular characters worldwide right now).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's very clear when a GameFAQs argument is a load of bollocks but sometimes, it can be difficult not to respond, especially when anti-K. Rool sentiments are involved. There's not a lot to debate about him with a sensible crowd like the one here.

Wow, didn't know you have to censor-dodge the word 'bollocks' here.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Coming back from hibernation just to bump this.

K. Rool is my most-wanted new playable for SSB4. Count me in as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd love to have King K. Rool in SSB4, only to have him and Bowser FINALLY duke it out. (If they did once upon a time ago, I missed it :I)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That reminds me, apparently in Mario Super Sluggers King K. Rool and Bowser have negative chemistry with each other. This is more noticeable with King K. Rool though, since Bowser is the only one that is not related to the Kongs. Normally it might be because of monarchy related topics since they're both kings, but that may not be the case since K. Rool has positive chemistry with King Boo and vise versa. So it must be a more personal reasoning as to why they have negative reasoning.

What if that negative chemistry is the reason why (hypothetically) that K. Rool and Bowser become rivals in the story mode of Smash 4, or they work together but then they betray each other in a similar vein to Ganondorf and Bowser in Brawl.

Zero-X

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see K. Rool in Sm4sh, he's definitely the character I'm most hyped to see. Seeing him in the trailer would definitely bring a lot of attention to the game, too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That reminds me, apparently in Mario Super Sluggers King K. Rool and Bowser have negative chemistry with each other. This is more noticeable with King K. Rool though, since Bowser is the only one that is not related to the Kongs. Normally it might be because of monarchy related topics since they're both kings, but that may not be the case since K. Rool has positive chemistry with King Boo and vise versa. So it must be a more personal reasoning as to why they have negative reasoning.

What if that negative chemistry is the reason why (hypothetically) that K. Rool and Bowser become rivals in the story mode of Smash 4, or they work together but then they betray each other in a similar vein to Ganondorf and Bowser in Brawl.
It is pretty awkward that K. Rool and Bowser have bad chemistry with each other. If anything, the bad chemistry may be because they're rival kings, though this doesn't exactly explain why K. Rool's chemistry is good with King Boo.

D

Deleted member

It could be possible that he simply doesn't view King Boo as a rival. Possibly due to the fact that King Boo is not reptillian while Bowser is.

Or he sees Bowser as a legitimate threat to his reign. Both are dictators that want to rule whatever they can while King Boo seems content with just being a monarch of his own kind.

EDIT: Or the chemistry is more in relation to Bowser seeing K. Rool as the threat and not vice-versa, as K. Rool is not allied with him like King Boo is.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool isn't my most wanted, but he so deserves to be in smash. I don't see why people don't support him. Unless they support Dixie than okay, they admit DK could use another rep. But I'm with K. Rool on this one!

D

Deleted member

Not that it really means anything, but I just found out in the very first episode of the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, Cranky Kong refers to K. Rool as "Kay Rool" and not "Kuh Rool".

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not that it really means anything, but I just found out in the very first episode of the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, Cranky Kong refers to K. Rool as "Kay Rool" and not "Kuh Rool".
That's a fun fact from the show: in the first episode, the characters alternate between the pronunciations, but in each subsequent episode, only the latter is used.

"Kay Rool" will probably be used in Smash, since just looking at the name, anyone would pronounce 'K' as 'Kay', not 'KUH'.

KlumpKluxKlan

Smash Rookie
What in the Sam Hill are you talkin' about, private? King Ka-Rool doesn't have any of those silly alphabet soup letters in his name!

Aw, shucks, now my taste buds are tingling.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well if it isn't KlumpKluxKlan to push the K. Rool thread back onto the first page! Who would've suspected that would happen? :rolleyes::smirk:

I really don't have much else to add, but if K. Rool is included, then Gangplank Galleon also better show up. I've been waiting for that stage since Melee. At least we got the awesome music in Brawl. :)

D

Deleted member

What in the Sam Hill are you talkin' about, private? King Ka-Rool doesn't have any of those silly alphabet soup letters in his name!

Given how this day has been for me, I really needed this. :laugh:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Be it crown throwin', blunderbussin' or 5 rounds in a monkey boxing arena, King K Rool has my vote and support!

yani

Smash Lord

KLUMP! WHERE'S THE MAGIC AMULET? HAVEN'T YOU FOUND DONKEY KONG YET?

My favorite fact from the show...
Cranky Kong and King K.Rool used to be friends

:bee:

KlumpKluxKlan

Smash Rookie
King Ka-Rool, suh! Those smart-alec chimpanzees have taken the magic amulet, the one that's even more powerful than the Crystal Coconut, into the Forbidden Forest! How in tarnation are we supposed to get it now?! There are *gulp* Bog Monstuhs in there!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Klump, stop taking attention away from King K. Rool!

We haven't yet discussed what his animations or entrance would be!

Top Bottom