• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm excited to watch how large the Kutthroat list will become after the E3 trailer/demo is revealed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
what if he's revealed in the same E3 you speak of, meaning he's one of the first newcomers to be revealed?

D

Deleted member

I think there would be other characters Sakurai considers to be E3 material (Ridley for one), but if you ask me, K. Rool fits the bill perfectly.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think there would be other characters Sakurai considers to be E3 material (Ridley for one), but if you ask me, K. Rool fits the bill perfectly.
I still think the first newcomers revealed at E3 would be Toad (cashing in the popularity/success of New Super Mario Bros. Wii + U), Little Mac (to hype the Western fans and surprise the Japanese fans), Takamaru (to hype the Japanese fans and surprise the Western fans), Palutena (for sex appeal), and Mega Man (to generate even more hype). Villains like Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo seem more suitable as unlockables. Bowser, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are the exceptions because Bowser is THE Nintendo villain (kinda like how Mario is THE Nintendo hero) and both Meta Knight and King Dedede are Sakurai's creations.

:phone:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
^^ agreed. though i do fully support K Rool, he's not nearly as hype inducing as some other characters who may make it. the Brawl trailer showed off I think five characers. Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, and then Snake. so lets say he only wants to show off like 10-12 characters on the roster. about half are gonna be vets i.e Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu etc. I could see one retro character being shown off, one if not both of the third party characters, one new franchise, with the rest of the spots being filled by currently represented franchise like lets say Ridley and Palutana and the likes like that... or they can do what they did for melee and show off everyone on the roster with the exception of like 5 characters for surprise even having some misdirection the way they did. am i the only one who thought Ridley and Goroh were gonna be in Melee cause of the E3 trailer back then.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool has to be a starter if he's in the upcoming Trouble Kings 3 event match, right? That said, I don't know whether or not he'd be revealed early on, or saved until later. If he was revealed at E3, he'd get more than just a hyped thread...he'd be given a whole subforum for discussion!

One great thing about this game having more characters is that, between the veterans and newcomers, they'll be revealed on the new website more consistently than they were with Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Trouble Kings could always be an unlockable event.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Melee, there were two Trouble King event matches, but the second one puts the player at a huge disadvantage.

Anyway, there can always be more than one Trouble King event match, so K. Rool can still be portrayed as an unlockable character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would like "4 Trouble Kings" event with Bowser, King Dedede, King K. Rool, and King Hippo. :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I thought K. Rool would be part of an unlockable Trouble Kings match in Brawl, since there were two such events in Melee. Now, since we've had two consecutive games with a Trouble Kings match as the first event, the best bet would be the same scenario in SSB4 for K. Rool's debut.

Giant K. Rool vs Luigi in an unlockable match, though...that is the stuff of wet fan dreams.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Big Lipped Alligator Moment."

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up.

K. Rool is my most wanted character for Smash 4, I can't not support him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I am so looking forward to all the fan videos that will surface of K. Rool 'singing' "One of Us" based on his cutscenes from the new adventure mode.

ChronoBound posted this on GameFAQs today, so I thought I'd share it here as well. K. Rool's Japanese fanbase is remaining as strong as ever.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/64873505
with supporters both in Japan and the West, I think he's very likely to appear. while in Brawl, he had Diddy Kong to compete, now he has Dixie, who doesn't seem as popular as him.

and who knows? we might even get both Dixie and K. Rool as newcomers... but only time will tell.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
with supporters both in Japan and the West, I think he's very likely to appear. while in Brawl, he had Diddy Kong to compete, now he has Dixie, who doesn't seem as popular as him.

and who knows? we might even get both Dixie and K. Rool as newcomers... but only time will tell.
Dixie as Diddy's tag-partner; calling it now :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
:o

...sure, why not? :troll:

Sakurai attempted it during Brawl's development and said that there will be changes in SSB4, so it may even be possible that he would retry that idea...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I really hope Dixie remains a separate character, since pairing her with Diddy would devalue them both as individuals, and would also be a poor representation of both of them.

DK/Diddy/Dixie vs. K. Rool in a team match, however, is just too good to pass up.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How about pairing Dixie with Kiddy? That would be a surprise if they went there.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How about pairing Dixie with Kiddy? That would be a surprise if they went there.
Nobody really likes Kiddy. In fact nobody really likes babies in video games period.

But then again it's perfectly plausible, yet kinda cruel. Seriously, Dixie is probably the 2nd worst babysitter ever.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Sorry, I just had to include this! It makes too much sense in this conversation. :troll:

Anyway, before any other DK character, Dixie Kong and K. Rool must appear first.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I am so looking forward to all the fan videos that will surface of K. Rool 'singing' "One of Us" based on his cutscenes from the new adventure mode.

ChronoBound posted this on GameFAQs today, so I thought I'd share it here as well. K. Rool's Japanese fanbase is remaining as strong as ever.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/64873505
The tier list in this, differs from an identical post, Chrono posted elsewhere. I remember Shulk being bottom of that list and K. Rool being above Palutena. I'm not sure which is true now.

Keep Diddy and Dixie separate. I'd love to see all 4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The tier list in this, differs from an identical post, Chrono posted elsewhere. I remember Shulk being bottom of that list and K. Rool being above Palutena. I'm not sure which is true now.
In my results from Japanese Smash discussion I've seen more Shulk support than K. Rool support, but Chrono has seen the opposite, so both results are still pretty accurate, it probably just depends which sites you look at, just like in the west. The fact is that both characters are highly requested in Japan, but K. Rool, even if he has less demand there than Shulk (which he probably doesn't), still has more overall due to his superior western popularity. Chrono's results are still highly accurate either way.

It's not like either of them are in any sort of contention anyway.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I still find it odd that K. Rool has a bigger following in Japan then would be expected. Normally characters like K. Rool tend to be more overlooked over there.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool's support in Japan, especially him being more popular than Dixie, is a bit surprising, but certainly nothing to complain about. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm glad that K. Rool support has gone up in Japan. From what I remember, didn't they used to favor Dixie Kong? All the better for K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

I don't remember them preferring Dixie Kong to King K. Rool, but she was always highly requested there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh, guess I just remembered wrong. Once again, not complaining. :p

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Why do people think he has such a good chance? He was removed from DKCR.

I don't think he should be heavier than Bowser. Bowser is more about power and brute force, K. Rool is more clever and technical, so it doesn't suit him to be heavier.

Top Bottom