• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

It would come from wherever Sonic's spring came from :troll:
And using a key as a melee weapon wouldn't be so bad. I mean, don't you remember Kingdom Hearts? They use keys as primary weapons!
Hell, even Mr. Game & Watch uses a key to attack.

But then again, I'm not saying make all his moves key based. Just that he can use one as a weapon for a move or two.

Also, he could potentially use a trap with a lever, something he's done in Donkey Kong GB.
And he can do something that is so dreadful that no other character would ever THINK of doing. MATH. :laugh:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It would come from wherever Sonic's spring came from :troll:
But who else really has a spring used as often as Sonic=???
And using a key as a melee weapon wouldn't be so bad. I mean, don't you remember Kingdom Hearts? They use keys as primary weapons!
That's a keyblade (aka a sword with a blade shaped like a key), not a key. Also, a key is totally unoriginal, and out of character to use as a basis for a moveset. For one or two moves like G&W, sure, that's fine. But an entire moveset=??? Forget it.

Everything we're going over is a hypothetical character that has less than 0.1% chance of being playable, and even if he gets in, it will be as a clone-esk character.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seems you didn't read on through, Johnny boy.
You did say something similar to that; I was just stating that in an unorganized list of points.

Also, everyone knows the best character with a key would clearly be K. Rool. Seriously, you have to pay bananas as keys to open the doors to his minions (aka bosses). :troll:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Here are some cool DKC music mash-ups. They have a K. Rool theme in both of the Guitar Hero ones, but the piano and Phil Collins are good too, just no K. Rool theme.

Guitar Hero: Kong of Rock (DKC1 mash-up)
Guitar Hero: Rocking Kremlings (DKC2 mash-up)
Ultimate DKC medley (DCK1/2 piano mash-up)
In The Air Tonight: Phil Collins DKC2 remix

And a good song I think would fit in a Sm4sh level before you fight K. Rool:

Flight of the Zinger

As for a stage idea: The Flying Krock

It would be exactly how the map view of it is, rather than the inside of the ship itself in the boss battle. However the inside will be included too. Just image the above picture, except in Sm4sh you are looking at the side of the ship, with the tower in the bottom left corner of the map and stickerbush in the right corner. The map itself would be a large sized map, smaller than Temple but about the same size as Bridge of Eldin.

Stage element 1: K. Rool's Keep
In the bottom left corner would be the top of K. Rool's Keep. The top of the keep is flat, and has small walls that you can use to pin enemies too and have a cage-like fight as long as you dont send foes flying. The walls are not grabbable edges however. The grabbable edges are on the 2 spires that are on the side of the keep. The spire roofs would not be as steep as the picture shows, but just good enough to stand on. This makes recovering easier, as edgeguarding would he hard to do on such a small tilted surface.

Stage element 2: Stickerbush
On the bottom right corner would be stickerbush. Stickerbush acts as a spike stage hazard, and it is impossble to land on. If used correctly however, it can save you from falling down the screen, with the cost of some damage. The escalation the stickerbush would be angled at around 40 degrees, but it will also be randomly going up and down, twisting around, so its not a flat surface either. However in Sm4sh, a refernce to stickerbush levels would be that in the center of the stickerbush would be wood planks that you can land on safely. There are 2 of these surfaces, one to the lower left and one to the higher right. The plank's surfare would be flat, but about the same surface size as the keep top. There are no grabbing edges anywhere on the stickerbush, so be careful.
Debatable extra stickerbush element: Screech
Since stickerbush is dangerous as it is, this might be too much. But for the fun of it, maybe Screech, a bird you haft to race right before you fight K. Rool, will occasionaly fly around the perimeter of the stickerbush, which would knock you back if it hit you.

Stage element 3: Rope ladder
In between these first two elements would be the ladder. However the ladder would not be leading to the keep, or attached to the cockpit as it may seem. Instead, the ladder would be directly center stage, heading down to the bottom of the screen but not reaching the bottom. You can jump to this ladder from the keep or stickerbush eaisly, and should not require using your UpB special. The ladder leads to the center of the Flying Krock and into the room where you fought K. Rool. The top of the ladder would act as a platform you can pass though, so you dont fall out the room.

Stage element 4: The Flying Krock
The flying Krock acts as where you will be doing most of your fighting. It takes up almost the whole upper center map, but not expanding past the keep's edge or the 2nd plank plaform in the stickerbush. You can stand on the surface of the Flying Krock, which is the exact shape as you see, both edges can be grabbed, no need to explain. The propellers will be in the foreground and background, and will not be a hazard. The glass roof you see will not be there. It will be present, but opened up to the battle room where you fought K. Rool. Also, the Flying Krock moves around slightly during battle, but nothing extreme. It tilts just a tiny, little bit and moves around up, down, left and right slightly. This also effects the ladder's position too, but it will still always be in reach to the lower levels.

Stage element 5: Boss battle room
When you are inside of the room, that portion of the ship's front wall will become transparent so you can see, like Luigi's mansion. It acts as another good cage fighting area, and the walls are much bigger than the keeps. The walls would be the door to the back room, and the captain's seat, so no one would be pinned into the cockpit unable to escape. The portion of the floor leading to the ladder would be 50% transparent and have a small square hole that still acts as a platform, so you could see where you can exit to the ladder.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Best stage idea ever and I haven't even finished reading!

:phone:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As the new thread title suggests, I added your stage and music to the OP, BerryBomber. Excellent work on both of them! If you'd like to set aside some stage music for the Flying Krock, I'll add that in too.

Unless the OP becomes insanely crowded, I'm not collapse anything under spoiler tags, just so any user who visits this page for the first time can be astounded by all the excellence K. Rool and the DKC franchise in general have to offer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa... You made that N3ON?? That model of K.Rool is so damn good... I wish he'll look exactly like that in Smash 4, no lie!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nononono, I didn't make the model haha. I only put it together, I already had the template and it took me like ten minutes. Sorry, should've specified, my bad. :embarrass::laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still, that's a hell of a job. Wonder where you got that model from though...

Damn I want King K.Rool in. Am seriously considering not even buying a Wii U at all if he's not in Smash...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thanks! ^_^
I'm in the process of making some for other characters as well.

As for the picture's origin, I got it from here. Changed the colours a bit though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Raw KUTTHROATS we are. :mad:

Now where's the rum?
OH YES WE ARE COLD BLOODED PIRATES, GIVE US YOUR BOOTY!
OR TO THE RATS YOU'LL GO AND YOU'LL GET THE COOTIES!!! :awesome:

As for the rum, try some of this instead. I had it up in the Pacific Northwest and it was delicious; even better than the Seattle coffee. :psycho:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll remember to buy Polar Bear rum my dear- AHEM - RUDE! fellow Kuttroath! Personally I like black rum. But am not much of a drinker, but I make exceptions for RUM!

I like booty as well though. :awesome:

Hereby I'll also make a plea: If K.Rool gets into Smash, I'll buy a bottle of rum, drink it, and post here.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"Yaaaa, phunk you!"

Okay, so I've modified the OP just a tad more. N3ON, your masterpiece of a header is now the opening image, while the old image is now listed under the 'Fan Art' category.

Seriously, that K. Rool model in HD is the stuff fan dreams are made of.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Indeed. Just made my day, especially after looking at the first post again.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll remember to buy Polar Bear rum my dear- AHEM - RUDE! fellow Kuttroath! Personally I like black rum. But am not much of a drinker, but I make exceptions for RUM!
I'm not kidding, I went on a vacation with my grandmother to Western Canada once when I was but a wee lad, and I remember she told me that was the only alcoholic beverage she liked. So when I went up there early this month, I ordered that at a restaurant, and my goodness that was a tasty ale (I'd say it tops cotton candy), and I'm not much a of a drinker. I told my dad it was great, he ordered one, he loved it, and then we both ordered a ton more for the rest of the trip! :laugh:
Hereby I'll also make a plea: If K.Rool gets into Smash, I'll buy a bottle of rum, drink it, and post here.
*raises his bottle of water*
"TO K. ROOL IN SMASH!!!!"
*chugs it*
Okay, so I've modified the OP just a tad more. N3ON, your masterpiece of a header is now the opening image, while the old image is now listed under the 'Fan Art' category.
Seriously, that K. Rool model in HD is the stuff fan dreams are made of.
K. Rool in 1080p HD in Smash WiiU will be a beautiful sight.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Throwing in my support!

I've also got a few goodies. I'm making a Brawl machinima that involves adding new characters to the mix. Soooo, I manually T-stanced K. Rool's Brawl Trophy and somebody else rigged it. He's up on BrawlVault, you can find it easiest by clicking my sig.

[COLLAPSE="The K. Roolest of Kings"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Aaand some accompanying palette swaps"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WOW THIS THREAD IS SO GAY LOL WHAT A JOKE EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO THE RIDLEY THREAD FOR A GOOD TIMEcaps.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Angelglory
Downloaded your Milky Way Meadows and Skies of Lore stages and loved them. Also, I love your Mario Party 2 Wario texture.

And yeah, that King K. Rool texture is great, which, again, makes me hyped for seeing King K. Rool go two generations ahead graphically (since the Wii was barely better than the GameCube, PS2, or Xbox). Seriously, it is going to be a beautiful sight to behold! :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
WOW THIS THREAD IS SO GAY LOL WHAT A JOKE EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO THE RIDLEY THREAD FOR A GOOD TIMEcaps.
Well, we have RUM! :glare:

And real bros and gentlemen post in the Anthony thread of coarse. :awesome:

YAA PHUNK YOU!

I will be watching out for Polar Bear drinks though! :cool:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Thanks BKupa666! Heres the setlist for The Flying Krock.

Also I need music opinions from DK games I have not played, which are DKC3 and all games involving bongos. If there is any good Castle, Mechanical, Intense or Boss themes post them and I will consider adding them to this list!

DKC1 - Fear Factory
DKC1 - Gangplank Galleon
DKC2 - Krook's March
DKC2 - Lost World Anthem
DKC2 - Bad Bird Rag
DKC2 - K. Rool Duel
DK64 - Frantic Factory
DK64 - Creepy Castle
DK64 - Hideout Helm
DK64 - K. Rool Battle
DKCR - Fear Factory Returns
DKCR - Tiki Tong

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Disco train and Hornet hole. I think they'd fit a K Rool stage

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah that one was awesome. Would very much like it if the Smash team would remix that. The potential is too great! I don't think I even have enough sensitivity in my eardrums to phantom it all actually. :urg:

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Well, we have RUM! :glare:

And real bros and gentlemen post in the Anthony thread of coarse. :awesome:

YAA PHUNK YOU!

I will be watching out for Polar Bear drinks though! :cool:
I wish we can smoke some ganj together the day K.Rool is announced and just contemplate about other characters

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wish we can smoke some ganj together the day K.Rool is announced and just contemplate about other characters
Yeah would be mad dude! K.Rool afterall IS green. :awesome:
Though I'm doing that just about every day, ain't much 'special' about that.

Here's hoping K.Rool will be announced soon! Cause damn. It's K.Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We seriously need more DKC music in Smash in general. Brawl brought us up to a total of five songs IIRC: DK Island Swing (and its many remixes), Gangplank Galleon, Stickerbrush Symphony, and a Simian Segue/Bonus Room Blitz medley (so it's really only four tracks). Hopefully DKCR will really open the gateway for even more of David Wise's excellent work.

At the very least, I'm hoping Brawl's Gangplank Galleon track gets remixed as K. Rool's personal theme this time.

EDIT: The OP has been updated under 'Color Swaps,' 'Models,' and the Flying Krock to include your works, Angelglory and BerryBomber. Keep us up to speed on your machinima's progress, Angel!

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Yeah would be mad dude! K.Rool afterall IS green. :awesome:
Though I'm doing that just about every day, ain't much 'special' about that.

Here's hoping K.Rool will be announced soon! Cause damn. It's K.Rool.

Yeah man! but I totally feel you. I was the same way until...
I got caught and was put on probation...ill be done on valentines day and ready to have a date with the green goddess again hahaha

Aside from that, I have a great feeling that they'll do a great job on creating dope remixes of either Gangplank Galleon or other classic DKC tracks. I hope one of the DK stages becomes a legal competitive stage again. Im trying to rep K.Rool on his home TURF DAWG. Us Kremling Kutthroats are gonna devour these maggotz

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
HAHAH ohh dude that cracked me up! :laugh:
The Green Goddess part then of coarse. Though probation sucks man... Only for smoking ganja?? Damn man, the world is rough on this ****...
Where do you live though?

Just hearing Stickerbrush Symphony in Brawl already put me in great faith they'll do the right thing with DKC-related music. I mean, they even included the MONKEY RAP in Melee! Not the best version ever made, but: THEY INCLUDED IT MAN!

The K.Rool Kuttroaths will devour mostly all of the other supporting threads for sure! Not Ridley's however, but seeing as K.Rool tops Ridley regulary in 'Want Polls' I think we might give them a hard time eventually. Even though most of us also post there, me included. :awesome:

Speaking of, how many would main K.Rool? I'd defintely make him one of my secondaries, as I would always main Diddy of coarse, but he'll definitely be used! Can't wait to shoot a cannonball in Mario's face! :D

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
HAHAH ohh dude that cracked me up! :laugh:
The Green Goddess part then of coarse. Though probation sucks man... Only for smoking ganja?? Damn man, the world is rough on this ****...
Where do you live though?

Just hearing Stickerbrush Symphony in Brawl already put me in great faith they'll do the right thing with DKC-related music. I mean, they even included the MONKEY RAP in Melee! Not the best version ever made, but: THEY INCLUDED IT MAN!

The K.Rool Kuttroaths will devour mostly all of the other supporting threads for sure! Not Ridley's however, but seeing as K.Rool tops Ridley regulary in 'Want Polls' I think we might give them a hard time eventually. Even though most of us also post there, me included. :awesome:

Speaking of, how many would main K.Rool? I'd defintely make him one of my secondaries, as I would always main Diddy of coarse, but he'll definitely be used! Can't wait to shoot a cannonball in Mario's face! :D
Haha bro I'm from Maryland
and i was caught during first semester but it was before I turned 18 which is October 21st... and yeah the world is super rough on the ganj man it's really annoying. but yo when smash 4 comes out, we should toke and then meet each other online and K.rool ditto each other lol!
K.ROOL is going to be my 1st main or secondary depending on how well I think he plays to my favor. but regardless of what tier he is placed under, i'm going to have him either first or second mained for sure

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thought you made up that Maryland part cause you know, Mary Jane and all. :p But yeah, US then? Be safe though man, and don't mess with other stuff! Green = Good
And yeah we defnitely should have that ditto match.

Depending on how well DK and Diddy play, I will probably always have them as my mains. Secondaries vary from each game, depending on many stuff. I just play many characters, but K.Rool would definitely be one of them! Still, if Mewtwo comes back to, and Samus and Link play cool, and Ridley, Dixie, Anthony Higgs and Impa join... Lets say, I'm just gonna play lotsa Smash! K.Rool will surely be played if only for the fact he's in!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Who has a mouth big enough to devour Ridley? :troll:

In all honesty, it makes perfect sense that he has the largest base of followers, since he never had to stand in the shadow of a Diddy Kong equivalent. He and K. Rool are -the- villains to add to SSB4, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that any roster without both of them is sorely lacking.

K. Rool will undoubtedly be my SSB4 main alongside Bowser, with Donkey Kong and Ridley (and Bowser Jr. if he gets in) as secondaries.

Also, Layupfreak, I'm a Virginian, so you're both a Kutthroat and a neighbor...awesome!

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Who has a mouth big enough to devour Ridley? :troll:

In all honesty, it makes perfect sense that he has the largest base of followers, since he never had to stand in the shadow of a Diddy Kong equivalent. He and K. Rool are -the- villains to add to SSB4, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that any roster without both of them is sorely lacking.

K. Rool will undoubtedly be my SSB4 main alongside Bowser, with Donkey Kong and Ridley (and Bowser Jr. if he gets in) as secondaries.

Also, Layupfreak, I'm a Virginian, so you're both a Kutthroat and a neighbor...awesome!
LOL dude for real? that's actually kinda dope. are you in college? I go to Towson University so that's kinda cool youre in virginia

Top Bottom