• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It seems fair since we're playing on neutrals like you requested. If you don't like PS1, you can just ban it when we play. They aren't any different than the terms you listed except FD isn't in there. ACTUALLY if it makes you happy, we can add FD to the list.

So those terms +FD on the list of stage selection.

MJG

Smash Hero
It seems fair since we're playing on neutrals like you requested. If you don't like PS1, you can just ban it when we play. They aren't any different than the terms you listed except FD isn't in there. ACTUALLY if it makes you happy, we can add FD to the list.

So those terms +FD on the list of stage selection.
So this IS lux.

I am so surprised :o

DeLux

No. That doesnt make me happy.

How about we switch Lylat with FD, and PS1 with Delfino?
Sounds fine with me. Given you're going to probably ban Delfino and I'm going to ban FD, looks like we know what levels we'll be playing.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
they don't understand how a video game can be competitive lol. i've been on smashboards for like 4 months, i told them about it when they asked and my dad was like "wut"
idk, he came to blake's house once and i think he's cool with you guys now. not sure though.

He said no.

Smash Lord
they don't understand how a video game can be competitive lol. i've been on smashboards for like 4 months, i told them about it when they asked and my dad was like "wut"
idk, he came to blake's house once and i think he's cool with you guys now. not sure though.

He said no.
God this looks sooooooooo familiar. Actually, I remember trying to get to the first No Koast in my last year of high school, and same kind of thing happened. By the way, everyone older than 21 in my family hates video games. The worst part is that they always say. Hm........... Let me think about it..............................................................

2-6 hours pass

no.

I don't know if it makes you feel any better or not, but I'm just flat out too poor to go.

Smash Lord
most parents are douches till you turn 18.. sucks pretty bad
I have seen some good stories. A friend of mine sent a video from a guy called day 9 or something like that. The guy played broodwar professionally and he put together a pretty good autobiography of himself. He put a huge emphasis on the fact that his family was hugely supportive of what he did. His parents clearly made a difference.

I'll link to the video later when I don't feel too lazy.

EDIT: video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJztfsXKcPQ

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Alright Lux, lets make the rules legit & oh so official:

Rockstar (Ness) vs Lux (Wario)

1/15/11

$20 Money Set- Best 2/3

Stage List-
Delfino Plaza
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi`s Island
Final Destination

Matches will be uploaded

May the best player win

How`s that sound?

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Rockstar are you going to joker's on saturday or to that lawrence thing? unfortunately i can't come to joker's and if you don't go to the lawrence i probably wont either. its all good though, joker's sounds like it would be fun. just let me know what's going on.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I would go if Fino wanted to split the gas price with me. But he doesnt communicate with me that well, so im most like going to go to lawrence.

Plus Lawrence is ALOT closer than Joker's, so yeah. And i'd obviously have a better chance at winning the Lawrence tournament then Jokers. Ive never lost to a teen at this game. Its always college students that outplay me haha. Hopefully there will be doubles, and good competition. If it is a 1 v 1, no items, etc like the tourneys I go to, then I could see us 2 meeting up in the grand finals.

BPx

Smash Lord
day[9] is the best caster in the history of ever. hes hilarious and has more knowledge of SC than any of the other casters. he also has a brother who is the best caster in s. korea. must be some good esport casting genes... lol

Smash Lord
Rockstar are you going to joker's on saturday or to that lawrence thing? unfortunately i can't come to joker's and if you don't go to the lawrence i probably wont either. its all good though, joker's sounds like it would be fun. just let me know what's going on.
I would go if Fino wanted to split the gas price with me. But he doesnt communicate with me that well, so im most like going to go to lawrence.

Plus Lawrence is ALOT closer than Joker's, so yeah. And i'd obviously have a better chance at winning the Lawrence tournament then Jokers. Ive never lost to a teen at this game. Its always college students that outplay me haha. Hopefully there will be doubles, and good competition. If it is a 1 v 1, no items, etc like the tourneys I go to, then I could see us 2 meeting up in the grand finals.
Forget about trying to find another ride, I'll pick you both up if you go to Lawrence. Just make sure I don't make any wrong turns coming back from Lawrence. I get lost practically any time I don't take 24-40 into Lawrence. Last time, I made a wrong turn and it added 30+ minutes to the trip and had to drive on a heavily iced road. Gas money is at your discretion. I don't really care one way or another.

This is the video I was talking about earlier. It's well worth watching even if you don't play the game. Get your parents to watch it too if you can. There's a decent amount of game jargon, but it's still very worth listening to for any competitive gamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJztfsXKcPQ

DeLux

Alright Lux, lets make the rules legit & oh so official:

Rockstar (Ness) vs Lux (Wario)
(Lux)

Change that to the next time we play each other. Hopefully this Saturday, but I understand things come up. I don't want it to count as a forfeit of $20 either way if one of us can't make it.

Edit: Just saw that Quote is giving you a ride regardless. This is fine.

$20 Money Set- Best 2/3
SetMatch

Stage List-
Delfino Plaza
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi`s Island
Final Destination
inb4weplayBfSvYi. Or you might surprise me and CP Delfino given that word on the street is it's one of Ness's best CP's.

Matches will be uploaded
to the winner's youtube account.

May the best player win
player Character :)

How`s that sound?
Sound's like 17 McDubs, fries, and a drink for my fat ***. You're on :)

DeLux

What is the price we pay for these tasty treats Danny?

What is the price we pay...

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Alright Quote appreciate it alot. You can pick me up from the Johnson County Library (same place as last time) at whatever time you want Saturday. Ill print off directions again as well.

Haha alright Lux sounds perfect. One more thing I need to clarify. Is it a money match, or money set? I was thinking 2/3, instead of just a single match. Its all good either way.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
How does... $10 sound? If it's too much, we can do $5. And if that's too much, we can do $2.

Anyone else wanna MM me? UNK3 is the best place to do them.

DeLux

uhhhh....
A match is comprised of sets, last time I checked. So it's a best 2/3 sets for the money MATCH. Just like I corrected.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

DeLux

Thats whats up Lux. May the best player win. Lol
(Lux) player character

Also Mr. Doom, I won't be going to UNK3, but I'd be willing to MM at the next tourney we're both at if you want.

You're kind of the person I've most looked forward to playing in Kansas. I'd probably just try to fair spike just to see you SDI.

Smash Lord
Hey psi, I'll give you a ride on Saturday too. Just find a place for me to pick you up. If you need to get into contact with me call me tomorrow before 5 at 913-351-3658. I'll be up at Jace's place today and doing stuff at 6 on Friday so that's probably the only times to get ahold of me outside of here. I would prefer to use my cell phone. but I have about enough minutes left to make 10-12 texts. Since I'm going to Lawrence today I might end up being out by the end of the day. If you absolutely have to get into contact with me, my cell phone number is 913-704-7907.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
My bad. Ultimate No Koast 3. Theres a 50/50 chance i'll be able to go to that. Hopefully I can though
I would need housing if I'd go to UNK3 and I have no idea where i'd stay. Thats the only problem. Is anyone gonna house?
You better go and record matches with people or I'm gonna cut you.

DeLux

Since I'm going to Lawrence today I might end up being out by the end of the day.
You should swing by my place and play for a bit if you get the chance. Even if it's for like 30 minutes.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Alright I just checked. I`m going to UNK3 for sure next week. Raptor, you think I can get a ride & split gas cost?

I`m gonna record, many of my matches, and i`ll most likely get the grand finals.

MJ you going to UNK3? We need to get some- Rockstar (Ness) vs MJG (Toon Link) - in for youtube. Peeps keep asking me why we have no matches yet. Lol hopefully we can change that.

Im assuming the rest of Wichita is coming? I have a bone to pick with ALL of them.

Top Bottom