• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Inb4AressaysMKdabest

I'll try? lol
We'll see how it goes.

DeLux

Went to the Lawrence thing. Recruited a guy. Should be fun. Lawrence is growing. KCwest for the win.

DeLux

Whats his skill level? Who does he main? He gonna come to KC on mondays?
He was definitely a casual player. He was messing around with Olimar at the tournament, but he admitted he didn't really know next to anything except how to do certain moves. But what I liked was how he could string moves together, and how he was thinking as he played and was changing tactics in order to adapt.

He ended up coming in third, but he lost because it was a 1v1v1v1 tournament, which turned into a 2v1 in the last round because he was beating the people who came in first and second.

The library actually asked if I'd be willing to come in and play with the teenagers in a community service sort of level with some sessions. I exchanged info with them. I'm hoping I can turn this into a venue for possible smashfests and possibly a tournament in the future. The room they were in at the library today was about the size of the TAS venue, with full projector setups :)

But yea, at this point, I'd probably see what I can do recruiting in Lawrence and playing with them. I'm sure most of the people I'd be pulling in through this would be high school students anyways. So I imagine going out to KC on a school night would probably be a no go.

DeLux

You PROBABLY would have won. It's hard to say, because what happened was people that knew each other just played dumb 2v1 games in order to win lol

I just found a guy that I thought looked approachable, took a vested interest and coached him through.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
that exactly what happend at a wichita tourney i went to a long time ago during melee. they SPECIFICALLY made it free for all to give other people besides me a chance of winning, and a group of three black guys teamed up on everyone else. i got fourth, attackstorm got second, and the three black guys got first, third, and fifth. so dumb

Smash Lord
wtf lol. oh well, idc im eating a candy cane. lemme know when theres another one so i can make some money $_$
Well, if you, feel like getting some more candy canes, you can get some by winning the library tournament. Prizes for kids = candy. Kinda sucky really. They could have at least made it a 1$ tournament.

By the way, I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up. I was halfway to Lawrence and doing stuff by the time you texted me.

Rockstar, I doin't know when you get back in, but I'll be up in your direction tomorrow. If it's possible I'd really like to get in a few games against you.

DeLux

Sorry Quote we didn't get any games in today. However, the potential gains might well be worth it for the community :)

DeLux

completely my fault man, i woke up at like 12 lol. thanks for the offer though.
will this guy be coming on monday?

The answer is:

I'm sure most of the people I'd be pulling in through this would be high school students anyways. So I imagine going out to KC on a school night would probably be a no go.

Smash Lord
completely my fault man, i woke up at like 12 lol. thanks for the offer though.
will this guy be coming on monday?
Man.... I feel really bad now. That stuff happens to me too. Not that I blame you. At the end of last semester I looked like a zombie from the sleep deprivation.

Anybody know when fino and rockstar are going to be back from Iowa. I really want as much practice as I can get. I want to start being more dedicated. I finally feel like I'm understanding the game a bit.

Dnyce

Smash Master
cook and I split for first in singles
got second in dubs w/ 4rice

will post more

*dies of sleep*

DeLux

Good luck in Iowa guys. Predicting Fino completely breaking out of his minislump and taking it all AND hoping Rockstar proves me wrong and overcomes 10 frame disadvantages all day long. And 4rce to do well since he's technically KS too. GLHFDD guys
Dammit Fino. ALMOST made me look like a genius. Good **** though

What was the tournament attendance like?

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I had the toughest bracket. First I brawled Mook. Went all 3 rounds, but he out played me the last one. Then it was Fino. I`m gonna upload one of my matches against him. He won both rounds.

I won most casuals. And all of my mm`s (3). But I went against 2 of the best at the start of the bracket, so I f*cked up

DeLux

If I get paid tomorrow, I'll be coming out. If I don't, I literally have no gas in my car. I have some last minute stuff I want to run through before heading to SD, so hopefully my work doesn't fail me.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
i beat him at the jokers i went to b4 i even knew how to camp...idk if hes 'one of the best'

edit for
(
Lux
)
: mk da bess

DeLux

i beat him at the jokers i went to b4 i even knew how to camp...idk if hes 'one of the best'
... Who are you and what have you done with Jason? That was the easiest setup for a "MK DA BESS" and you BLEW it :(

Dnyce

Smash Master
I had the toughest bracket. First I brawled Mook. Went all 3 rounds, but he out played me the last one. Then it was Fino. I`m gonna upload one of my matches against him. He won both rounds.

I won most casuals. And all of my mm`s (3). But I went against 2 of the best at the start of the bracket, so I f*cked up
You had a tough bracket... not the toughest.

You played moe and I... and you have the advantage in the Olimar match-up (mk is arguable). I split first, and moe got... 5th I think? Either way, you could argue it was tough, but you could've had a lot tougher bracket.

I beat a top-3 luigi and peach... and 2 players who beat me the last time we played in tournament. You bracket was nowhere near as hard as that <.<

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
DOUBLE POST OF NO KOAST IMPORTANCE:

so my car is gonna consist of:

me
aries
rick
scrub
TV of been to every tourney awesomeness

did some calculations and i got 37.5$ round trip. we do have to take a toll road, so i will bump that to fourty. for those riding in my car i ask of ten dollars each for gas.

we are gonna need to leave by 7AM to get to no koast. scrub will be staying the night at my place. aries and rick, be at my place by 7

Top Bottom