• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
cool, I get off work in about 10 mins. I'll probably be at home so just let me know here if you're coming.

Smash Lord
By the way, I think you could benefit from playing a bit of smash 64. It doesn't go all zoom happy like melee does buts it's definitely a solid game for practice and pretty easy to get in to. Other than z cancelling there really isn't much in terms of technical skill. It'll help out with your SDI if you ever want to work on that. It'd also help you work on punishing characters for being off stage. I know that Fino was saying both you and me were being pretty lax on this on Monday.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Haven't been on in a while but my friend tells me that there's a tourney THIS Saturday in Lawrence what? Anyone have details?

DeLux

If you come out, you should bring Rockstar so we can get our MM over with. I don't intend to play a lot of games on Saturday. When I said I'm hosting, you guys should come early, then go to the Lawrence thing. After the Library things, I have to spend the rest of the time with my girl after.

I don't work that day, so if you want to play more, come earlier I guess? Need to find the fine line between when I wake up and getting in more games

Please stop telling people to ask me about the tourney. I have no idea what it is lol

DeLux

Was it in tournament or friendlies? Big difference unless it's a ditto match up.

Dnyce

Smash Master
WAIT A DAMN SECOND!!!
<.<

I would go if Fino wanted to split the gas price with me. But he doesnt communicate with me that well, so im most like going to go to lawrence.

Plus Lawrence is ALOT closer than Joker's, so yeah. And i'd obviously have a better chance at winning the Lawrence tournament then Jokers. Ive never lost to a teen at this game. Its always college students that outplay me haha. Hopefully there will be doubles, and good competition. If it is a 1 v 1, no items, etc like the tourneys I go to, then I could see us 2 meeting up in the grand finals.
I texted you 3 hours ago asking about jokers, haven't gotten a reply back.

I don't understand this "Fino doesn't communicate well with me" business... but I know quite a few people who literally wait hours and hours before you reply back. Maybe its your phone service?

The lawrence tournament is for highschool students... you're too old to enter. And even if you were allowed to... winning a tournament where there probably won't be money or good tournament rules? Have fun, lemme know when you want to go to jokers via text/call/PM.
Forget about trying to find another ride, I'll pick you both up if you go to Lawrence. Just make sure I don't make any wrong turns coming back from Lawrence. I get lost practically any time I don't take 24-40 into Lawrence. Last time, I made a wrong turn and it added 30+ minutes to the trip and had to drive on a heavily iced road. Gas money is at your discretion. I don't really care one way or another.

This is the video I was talking about earlier. It's well worth watching even if you don't play the game. Get your parents to watch it too if you can. There's a decent amount of game jargon, but it's still very worth listening to for any competitive gamer.
You don't want to go to jokers either???

c'mon guys.... -_-

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Fino my bad. I had my phone off & charging. Ill go get it and text you ASAP. Haha by the way, i`m a sophomore in high school dude, so I can enter.

Lux you shouldve asked before. We can come early on Saturday if i`m not @ jokers with Fino.

DeLux

Oh. So if you're at Joker's with Fino, does that mean you forfeit the money match?

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Forfeit? **** no. Theres a high chance I`m going still.

If I did go with Fino, we`d need more peeps to carpool with though. Anyone else want to come to Jokers?

DeLux

Oh. So if you're at Joker's with Fino, does that mean that the money match is off? The legit oh so official terms explicitly state 1/15/11.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
asofbag everyone whos going to UNKthree needs to say they are going. im going to make a list of what i already know, and people need to confirm or deny, and if you arent on the list say you are going so we can make proper arrangements.

people going:

mj - are you going seperate or what
fino
me
rockstar
rick
ares

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Yeah Lux. Don`t be dumb. You said to not count on the date because something might come up. There ya go.

Haha HYPE KC vs Wichita vs Manhattan

DeLux

Man, you guys have no concept of a verbal contract around here

Always in the details. The fine print is what'll get ya

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Verbal contract? Whatre you talking about. Haha.

Lux theres still a probability that ill be there, so dont count on cancelling it dude. PK-**** status is always in enforcement.

DeLux

Ha my bad. It was a written terms we both agreed to lol

There is no fine print in a verbal contract. Rockstar is too good at this game

At this point, I really don't care when we do it. Or if we do it at all. Like the opposite of hype. Apathy

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
My dad gave me the reason "i really dont think its such a good idea for you to be going on a roadtrip with a bunch of college guys right now," which isn't completely true since rockstar would be going too, but i didn't feel like getting into an argument where i most likely would lose. i think in the future he'll be ok with it. he never said that I couldn't ever come with you guys to a tourney.

DeLux

It's actually a fairly good idea. Trolling stuff aside for a second, it's a fairly good idea to just keep your head down and listen to your parents until you get your feet under you and get financially independent (Or maybe I should say through college). Getting through on your own on minimum wage is doable (and to some degree rewarding) but it has it's mind numbing periods and frustrations. Some people the lack of independence is a fair trade for support. Some like the freedom alone.

Growing up, I was the type that really didn't ask if I could go places, I just went and did it. Cultural difference? Maybe. Not sure if that choice is available to you personally in your situation. If it isn't, then parent's know best, even if you disagree with them :\

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Yeah Lux I agree. I still want to MM you, but it's not a huge deal. Its all good! If Fino & I dont work things out, i`m definently going too Lawrence. I`ll come as early as Quote can.

DeLux

So I set my plans. Don't come before 11:30am. I have to go pick up my gf in Shawnee for the day in the morning. So any time AFTER 11:30, but before 3 obviously because that's when I'll be at the library. Like the cool kids.

Smash Lord
You don't want to go to jokers either???

c'mon guys.... -_-
When I need money I need money. I can beg for gas at best. I'm going to be damn near out after paying for books.

Spoiler tags for insensitive people that don't care about what just happened to me.
I just got back from a pointless trip to Lawrence. I was going to Jace's to play melee except my cell phone gays out on me again. I try to get a hold of three people and can't get any of them. Some times my cell phone sends/recieves a text X hours after the fact. Well that's what just happened. I wait it out about 20 minutes in Lawrence and don't get any response. I start driving home and halfway there, I finally get the response that I needed. Needless to say I'm pissed. I'm out 6-8 bucks in gas, and I almost got in a wreck on 24-40 because some dumb**** decides to stop for no reason at all on a two lane highway with snow on the ground. Keep in mind that the speed limit there is 65 with most people doing 70-80. My car skidded for about a good 1/8th to a quarter of a mile. I might even need new tires. Oh and don't forget that it's a 50 minute drive to get there for me just going one way. That ate up about 2-3 hours of my time because my stupid cell phone is a ****ing piece of ****.

By the way, Lux, have you even got my text message yet?

Jace, keeping your phone on silent when you're hosting isn't really a good idea.

DeLux

I've definitely been sitting next to my phone all night and haven't gotten a text message :/

Smash Lord
I've definitely been sitting next to my phone all night and haven't gotten a text message :/
So this is how reliable my cell phone is..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Expect that text to show up some time tomorrow afternoon.

DeLux

Well, to be fair, I pulled a Jason and froze it overnight. Or was that Danny?

(only mine was I left it in my car last two nights ago, so it wasn't intentional like SOMEBODY)

Either way it's been acting up the last couple days

DeLux

Last I heard, Fino was still trying to get a group together to go.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Good luck to you guys if you do go, and make sure to give me the results so that I can update the KPRs.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Fino and I along with 4rce are going to Joker`s. Quote no need to pick me up tomorrow. Sorry for telling you so late, but I just got noticed.

Ill get plenty of vids from Saturday, and i`ll try & get the grand finals.

Wish me good luck.

DeLux

Well since there won't be a display of me abusing a 10 frame advantage tomorrow, is anyone coming? Just want to know.

Edit: Quote, I just noticed my phone isn't working lol, it wasn't your phone, it was mine.

Smash Lord
Well since there won't be a display of me abusing a 10 frame advantage tomorrow, is anyone coming? Just want to know.

Edit: Quote, I just noticed my phone isn't working lol, it wasn't your phone, it was mine.
I still plan on attending. Worst comes to worst, I need to get some recordings of myself playing if that is at all possible. I also would like to run through multiple characters. The only easy way to pick up on my strengths/weaknesses. By the way, if you can teach me how to play any of the higher tier characters, I'd appreciate that.

Psi, if you still plan on attending, get into contact with me ASAP. I don't care how you do this. Just do it. If I get up when I want to, I'll be leaving at 11. If I haven't heard anything by then, I'm just heading into Lawrence. I got minutes added to my phone so a text or a call will be okay now. My number is 913-704-7907.

DeLux

I fixed my phone so it should be working now. I can record. I don't have capture equipment at the moment, but when Honda came that one time he said he had a setup so he'd help me out with that. I think doing that would be faster than waiting for Rockstar to post one every week lol

But the only High tier character I can teach you to play are the IC's unfortunately. It's kind of funny, but you'd probably benefit from learning from both Fino and I. He plays like the polar opposite school of IC play compared to mine. So simple, yet so brilliant sometimes. Outside of that, my Wario has gotten MUCH better recently, but I'm still in the learning stages of the character and should in no way shape or form be teaching anything.

I'm terrible with MK, and horrendous with Snake and Diddy, and my Marth and Falco are LOL worthy.

Good luck in Iowa guys. Predicting Fino completely breaking out of his minislump and taking it all AND hoping Rockstar proves me wrong and overcomes 10 frame disadvantages all day long. And 4rce to do well since he's technically KS too. GLHFDD guys

Smash Lord
Who's this 4rce guy. I never met him. I heard that he went to TAS, but that's all I've heard.

And what about teaching me Wario. You can do that too can't you.

I'm not sure if I could pick up IC's. They are soooooooo technical. The learning curve is like a wall. I'll try a bit of it though.

Top Bottom