• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fino

Smash Master
LOL... you guys wait. I got one of my new tricksies on amazing ampharos today. You can watch it's glory on saturday. Also, affinity... I have another 0-death combo I'd like you to make a gif of ^_^

~Fino

D

Deleted member

today's JCCC was hella baller,thx to all who came (i cheated on KC's Brawl scene, i played melee the entire time Q.Q oh the shame)

it sucks tho because i can guarantee i'm not going to play brawl again until saturday, DOA4 is too addicting and my hitomi is hella sexy

btw stealth don't think you're done with my link bro, i got you next time we play lol

super edit:

Fino we'll pick up my brother's DS on saturday, 8Bit is such a #baddie. also move your last paragraph to the beginning of your post so people understand that this is the new brawl thread instead of just a tourney thread (and make it a different color, not no ugly *** green LOL) plus my name is one word its not spelled
[λ]ŗҜĨ٧Ę˝ŽΣŕỠ for no reason

legan your *** better be there saturday so we can record some beastly link dittos. as dolphins would say, our power levels will be above 9000 and all the link mains minds shall be ravaged from the pure **** lol

last but not least, Affinity teach my link how to beat MK loll

Fino

Smash Master
Fino we'll pick up my brother's DS on saturday, 8Bit is such a #baddie. also move your last paragraph to the beginning of your post so people understand that this is the new brawl thread instead of just a tourney thread (and make it a different color, not no ugly *** green LOL) plus my name is one word its not spelled
[λ]ŗҜĨ٧Ę˝ŽΣŕỠ for no reason
Okay ^_^ will do. Also, changed and changed ;) (I always post in green though :urg: it's my color)
I should add that to play in my tournament I get to play you :o tourney rules... jk XD But seriously... I want to get action on everyone.

Also, JCCC was AMAZING yesturday. My goodness that's how it should be. Props to Ampharos, who I believed was the one who pulled so many people there. Too good. Also, I believe you and i have some unfinished olimar G&W action to attend to ^_^ Our matches were awesome.
Everyone else was really good too; you can john about not having olimar experience XD
I hope to see that many people more often! :bee:

~Fino

D

Deleted member

lol fino you're too pro, you actually put [λ]ŗҜĨ٧Ę˝ŽΣŕỠ lol!

Fino

Smash Master
Double post... oh well? haha.
Good thinking [λ]ŗҜĨ٧Ę with putting the actual thread info at the top. I got a PM from some people in lawrence who say they want to come to the JCCC meetings :bee:

~Fino

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Why are we only using four neutrals? Lylat and Stadium 1 are more neutral than Falco Destination anyway, and Delfino should be used at Casa delFino anyway, right?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Why are we only using four neutrals? Lylat and Stadium 1 are more neutral than Falco Destination anyway, and Delfino should be used at Casa delFino anyway, right?
Those are the only neutrals used at the majority of tournaments right now, with Pokemon Stadium 1 added sometimes.

Lylat and Delfino have been proven to be counterpicks over time.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
If you main one of the characters that gets -*****- by Laylat you quickly realize how unbalanced it is. It is retardedly good for Snake/Dedede/MK but epicly terrible for Wolf/Falco/Fox/Ike. It's also a pointless addition in Stage Striking as it is always stricken first or second. Pokemon Stadium 1 is more common to get used than that even if not by much.

D

Deleted member

its official, imma be repping Zelda/Peach (avatar son) while my brother rocks Ness

i'll still throw it down with link in friendlies tho lol

btw we need to put a list of people bringing set ups

i can bring a wii and 2 tv's if necessary (one decent size, one 2"x2" lol....)

Fino

Smash Master
its official, imma be repping Zelda/Peach (avatar son) while my brother rocks Ness

i'll still throw it down with link in friendlies tho lol

btw we need to put a list of people bringing set ups

i can bring a wii and 2 tv's if necessary (one decent size, one 2"x2" lol....)
I have three t.v.s 1 mondo sized, 1 Nice sized, 1 decent sized. I need two wiis to fit the other two. I believe ampharos is bringing his wii, arkive, if you could bring your tv + wii that'd be good. I think 4 t.v.s should be enough... maybe? I dunno. Can anyone else bring a setup?

~Fino

Fino

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot to add... for parking, try not to park on the driveway (with the exception of the far left side). My parents will still need to get out sometime inbetween 3-whenever we're done XD. There's plenty of room to park in the cul-de-sac as well as along 137th Court.

I'ma add this to the OP as well...
Also, I just realized "Casa del Fino" is spanish, not just italian as I thought XD. lulz

~Fino

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
We'll bring at least one small TV and a wii. Glad to see you KC weaksauces are going to try and pump some life into your Brawl scene though. Should be cool to get some more competition. We should have crew battles tomorrow.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
WARNING!!!

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

*The Wichita Smash Crew*

ICT vs KC
CREW BATTLE!!!

5 players per team / Standard Crew Battle Rules

Does KC Accept???

Fino

Smash Master
WARNING!!!

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

*The Wichita Smash Crew*

ICT vs KC
CREW BATTLE!!!

5 players per team / Standard Crew Battle Rules

Does KC Accept???
ok

fino when do want us up there?
idk, friendlies are always cool anywhere 2-3'ish... stuff (hopefully) starts at 3, but feel free to come earlier ( not earlier that 12 XD)

~Fino

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'll be heading on over shortly, but as per the homebrew stuff, I realized I don't have my copy of Twilight Princess here in Kansas City. So, if you wanted to do that, you'll need to come up with a copy of it somewhere (maybe you already own it?). I have all the files on my SD card and such though.

Legan

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldnt make this guys, I ended up hydroplaning my car earlier this week and wasnt able to get it fixed in time. Ill make it up to the next big tourney you guys hold.

D

Deleted member

well for the most time i had a good time

doubles and friendlies were super fun....but once singles started i started to hate my life lol

thx to all the wichita ppl who came, all of you did work

D

Deleted member

that sounds good actually

i think domo got first and affinity got second i dont remember the rest lol

doubles ky and domo got first fino and affinity got second and me and 8Bit got 3rd i think lol

Fino

Smash Master
Meh, I really haven't had time. Vids that were saved on my wii, results, and shout out will get out tomorrow (hopefully).
for those that care
singles
1. domo
2. affinity
3. Clel

doubles
1. Heaven and hell (domo and Ky)
2. Team **** sauce (Fino and affinity)
3. Team magic **** ([λ]ŗҜĨ٧Ę˝ŽΣŕỠ and 8bit)

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
ICT vs KC Crew Battle Results

Team ICT

KY___________________________Pit
Affinity________________________MK
Domo_________________________MK
Cameron______________________Random
BoJangles_____________________Yoshi/D3

Team KC

Fino__________________________Olimar
Jace__________________________Falco
ArkiveZero_____________________Zelda/Link
Amazing Ampharos aka A.A._______G&W
8bit__________________________Ness/Kirby

Round 1 - Domo (3) vs Fino (3)______________________(Team ICT [15] / Team KC [15])

Round 2 - KY (3) vs Fino (1)________________________(Team ICT [12] / Team KC [13])

Round 3 - KY (3) vs Jace (3) _______________________(Team ICT [12] / Team KC [12])

Round 4 - Affinity (3) vs Jace (2)____________________(Team ICT [9] / Team KC [11])

Round 5 - Affinity (3) vs ArkiveZero (3)_______________(Team ICT [9] / Team KC [9])

Round 6 - Affinity (2) vs A.A. (3)____________________(Team ICT [8] / Team KC [6])

Round 7 - Affinity (2) vs 8bit (3)____________________(Team ICT [8] / Team KC [3])

Final Results

Team ICT Wins!!!

Team ICT (8 stocks) / Team KC (0 stocks)

Stocks Taken

KY--------------------------2 Stocks
Affinity-----------------------11 Stocks
Cameron-----------------------------N/A
Domo-----------------------2 Stocks
BoJangles-----------------------------N/A

Fino-----------------------3 Stocks
Jace-----------------------3 Stocks
ArkiveZero---------------1 Stock
A.A.-----------------------0 Stocks
8bit-----------------------0 Stocks​

Fino

Smash Master
Apparently I'm the only one with the meta knight counter >_>
Anyways:

Singles
1. Domo
2. Affinity
3. Clel
4. Amazing Ampharos
5. Steeler
5. Fino
7. Chaos
7. Ky
9. Stealth Raptor
9. Bojangles
9. 8bit
9. Inferno
13. Kotr
13. Duck^
13. Arkive
13. Jace

Doubles:
1. Heaven and Hell (Domo & KY)
2. Team **** Sauce (Affinity and Fino)
3. Magic **** (Arkive and 8bit)
4. Flat Little Boys (Chaos and Ampharos)
5. Team Broken (Bojangles and Steeler)
5. Jiggs and Niggs (Inferno and Clel)
7. Team BJ (Blake and Jace)

Congratz for everyone... I think having the bracket program next time will fix some of the gayness that happened
~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Just posted the results of Singles in the Character Rankings thread.

Congrats to everyone in the Top 8 for getting points for their main!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The tournament was a great time; I enjoyed playing you all again/for the first time (as applicable), and I learned a lot about fighting against Meta Knight which should be really useful to me in the future.

Anyway, I don't have capture equipment so no youtubing, but I still have some replays. Here are what I would consider the ones worth keeping around:

http://files.filefront.com/rpzip/;12524673;/fileinfo.html

That has my very close match with ArkiveZero's Link on PkMnStadium2, my matches with Stealth's Lucario and Pikachu, two of the matches with Affinity's Meta Knight (the Norfair one is too silly; everyone should watch it), and five friendlies with Steeler's PT. I left out the first match I had with Affinity where he completely destroyed me and several more friendlies with Steeler (the most boring PT/GW one, the two Jigglypuff/PT ones, and our three ditto matches with GW, PT, and Marth). If anyone wants the ones left out, I could provide them (though I really don't want anyone ever seeing that one with Affinity I held back...).

For those who don't know how to watch replay files, you need to copy them into your SD card so you can watch them on your Wii. It's easiest to find where to put them if you've saved a replay on that SD card from brawl before, but regardless they should go in the following path from the root of the SD card:

private/wii/app/RSBE/rp

Also, Fino, I know you have at least some of the replays from our matches on your Wii/SD card (I think stuff got saved to both). I'd appreciate any replays involving myself; I like to keep important matches around when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom