• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'd say it went really well after a few initial problems got worked out. I definitely had a great time. Dmac beat Jbm this time in TWO sets to win the whole thing! While feeling like a dead person lol

Dekline recorded some videos so you can see how a lot of it went down once he uploads

best part of the day though was Pc's monster sandwich

Massive

Smash Champion
dmacs function the best when they are close to death.
'Dorfs arms are hella long and sword proof.

Des Moines is a long as$ way from Lawrence.
'twas fun.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Wish I'd ended up having enough gas money to go. Being a semi-broke college kid sucks. :(

Probably would have gotten my *** kicked pretty bad anyway though since I've never been in a tournament/played people outside of my extremely immediate area.

Edit: Oh and congrats dmac.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Good stuff Dmac.

I had really poor spacing in some situations and was punished for it. good job for following through. GGz. I'll try to be on my game next time.

I was outplayed.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
how did pc not get 1st?
I got Samus *****, and I'm hella inconsistent. No johns though.

I just woke up too and finished off my sandwich. **** was so cash. There were only like 4 bites left though :(

Good times though guys. Road trips are the ****. I'm totally down for Omaha.

dmac

Smash Champion
massive is the most beautiful man in smash bros, im not gay but i'd love to kiss him

i dont think anyone gave him money for gas either :(

i'll hit you up and fino sometime soon

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
massive is the most beautiful man in smash bros, im not gay but i'd love to kiss him

i dont think anyone gave him money for gas either :(

i'll hit you up and fino sometime soon
Oh mah gawd I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah I'll totally pay you back Massive, just remind me.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oh okay

So the next tourney we need to prepare for is intimkill on the 5th. Everyone save your money and practice hard for this shiz!

dmac

Smash Champion
in my deliriousness/sickness and half blindness i didn't see jbms post. you were figuring me out and i knew i hard to beat you in that 2nd set or i didn't think i could take you in the 3rd set. really good sets overall and im glad you guys had this tournament, wheres the results thread for real shoutouts :<

Jace08

Smash Lord
But Uli don't you think your tournament was big enough to be able to post a thread in the results section? People wanna do shoutouts and stuff

Massive

Smash Champion
Yeah, that monthly thread is pretty mammoth, and shoutout/result threads usually disappear relatively quickly and are generally non-nuisancey.

D

Deleted member

GGAC results? T6 results?

they shafted every1 from KC by putting blazblue on 360 so those results don't matter.

D

Deleted member

i read somewhere on the KC shoryuken thread that they played GGAC there

KC along with the rest of the US plays games on the PS3. i'm pretty sure its because the 360 pad is trash unless its a shooting game (it's trash compared to a mouse.)

Massive

Smash Champion
i read somewhere on the KC shoryuken thread that they played GGAC there

KC along with the rest of the US plays games on the PS3. i'm pretty sure its because the 360 pad is trash unless its a shooting game (it's trash compared to a mouse.)
Everything is trash compared to a mouse.

And nobody plays games on the PS3, they have no games.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
GGAC results? T6 results?

they shafted every1 from KC by putting blazblue on 360 so those results don't matter.
Guilty Gear Results: 17 entries
1 Cue
2 Jamarvelous
3 Klaige
4 izzy
5 shogun 17
5 zero
7 axiom
7 keela
9 lucymono
9 Evilzangief
9 KatraQueyous
9 Dracula-X
13 Z0n1c
13 Crimson Skull
13 songo
13 d-ra
17 Matt

Blazblue Results: 20 entries
1 Cue
2 Dekline
3 izzy
4 Klaige
5 Vamperial
5 Axiom
7 GiovanniSama
7 EvilZangief
9 Emilio Esteves
9 Yulai
9 keela
9 Tomas
13 Ngame3k
13 Lucymono
13 d-ra
13 Z0n1c
17 Hogosha
17 Kaytrim
17 Dracula-X
17 Echo

Dunno Tekken results. Blazblue was all stick so console shouldnt really matter right?

Uli

Smash Champion
i no axiom plays on ps3 controller, he was telling me about dat. he is from KC right O.o
so does tomas (Blank) that dude generally ***** me but i beat him because he was forced to use joystick -_-

people should play on joystick anyway so there are no johns about system!!

Creekside

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I got redirected here by another player, Currently I live in Lawrence and am always down for a console 64 smashfest. Hit me up with a pm if you wanna play.

dmac

Smash Champion
holy jesus if you aren't caught up in one piece i feel bad for you, GIANT FISTS OF FIRE RAINING FROM THE SKIES

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
holy jesus if you aren't caught up in one piece i feel bad for you, GIANT FISTS OF FIRE RAINING FROM THE SKIES
Do Ace and Akainu have the same devil fruit or something? And how are the 3 admirals are so legit... What kind of writer puts fire, ice, light all on the same team? ffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Made me lol

Z come with us to smash this saturday! Assuming it's still on... pyrogamer?
Yeah! And Phat TOO! AND JTURLES. AND EVERYONE ELSEEEEEEEEE

Hey everyone, I got redirected here by another player, Currently I live in Lawrence and am always down for a console 64 smashfest. Hit me up with a pm if you wanna play.
This is rpotts and duck territory.

Top Bottom