• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KMYM2 Results

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Losing to someone or plowing right through the bracket makes an impact on how many points one may receive in my "Real OFFICIAL Kansas Brawl Power Rankings."
:148:

Dnyce

Smash Master
You deleted everyones tags and I think that upset people.
I deleted everyone's tags on just one wii. I was mad cause I had to delete a name to put mine in, and then when I went to go play I couldn't find my name. Deleting all the tags usually fixes that problem. I don't really see the big problem in it though, it takes like... what... 10 seconds to make a new tag. lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I deleted everyone's tags on just one wii. I was mad cause I had to delete a name to put mine in, and then when I went to go play I couldn't find my name. Deleting all the tags usually fixes that problem. I don't really see the big problem in it though, it takes like... what... 10 seconds to make a new tag. lol
The problem is it's not your wii and it's extremely rude tampering with someone else's stuff without their permission. It's understandable deleting a few names to fit yours, but if someone wants to keep all the names people put on at tournaments that's up to them, not you.

Someone kept deleting my tag off my wii, and things like that really just make me not want to bring my wii to tournaments. You should have respect for other peoples things.

TP

Smash Master

LOL at thinking that is acceptable behavior.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I was mad because I don't travel a whole lot and my Wii had names of almost ALL of the big names from Texas and the midwest. Phantom X was my favorite Wario and I got his name on my Wii at Oh Snap v5. It's almost impossible to get his name again.

It's little things like that. Yes, I'm still mad about it.

Trent

Smash Champion
Also it's really cool to look into the records of the tags. If you deleted all the tags on Joker's Wii, we can't laugh at how many times he's tripped anymore. :(

Teh Future

Smash Master
bringing a wii to a tournament with no room for new names on it and then complaining when people delete names is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok Hylian, the results are fixed. Just know that I spoil you.
<3333

bringing a wii to a tournament with no room for new names on it and then complaining when people delete names is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of
Except no one did that? There is nothing wrong with deleting a name to make space, but deleting ALL of the names is messed up.

Dnyce

Smash Master
^^^
If the name list is completely full, you kinda have to expect names to get deleted (and at minimum the amount of people who are entered).
Not to mention it had that glitch where entering a new name in doesn't appear at the top.
<3333

Except no one did that? There is nothing wrong with deleting a name to make space, but deleting ALL of the names is messed up.
Yeah, I fail to see the difference, but oh well. Arguing over opinion is pointless.

Fun tournament ;o

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
The problem is it's not your wii and it's extremely rude tampering with someone else's stuff without their permission. It's understandable deleting a few names to fit yours, but if someone wants to keep all the names people put on at tournaments that's up to them, not you.

Someone kept deleting my tag off my wii, and things like that really just make me not want to bring my wii to tournaments. You should have respect for other peoples things.
QFT.

I was mad because I don't travel a whole lot and my Wii had names of almost ALL of the big names from Texas and the midwest. Phantom X was my favorite Wario and I got his name on my Wii at Oh Snap v5. It's almost impossible to get his name again.

It's little things like that. Yes, I'm still mad about it.
^This. I had Ally's name on my Wii after he came to one of my tourneys so awesome now my chances of getting that again are yeah T.T

There was no reason to make a new name Fino yours should have been there along with pretty much everyone at the tourney since I pretty much play with them oftenish and I like keeping them there. Also it may take 10 seconds to make a tag but takes the same time to look for your name.

Deleting names it's like let's say you play some kind of RPG, shooter hell WOW anything really and you spent hours of gameplay in to it then some random ******* comes and deletes it that's bound to piss anyone off.

Like Hylian said you shouldn't go around deleting peoples name specially when you know who's Wii it is. And don't say you didn't know it was my Wii cause it has a piece of tape above the controller port for the longest time that says Joker so there's no excuse.

Dnyce

Smash Master

There was no reason to make a new name Fino yours should have been there along with pretty much everyone at the tourney since I pretty much play with them oftenish and I like keeping them there. Also it may take 10 seconds to make a tag but takes the same time to look for your name.

Deleting names it's like let's say you play some kind of RPG, shooter hell WOW anything really and you spent hours of gameplay in to it then some random ******* comes and deletes it that's bound to piss anyone off.

Like Hylian said you shouldn't go around deleting peoples name specially when you know who's Wii it is. And don't say you didn't know it was my Wii cause it has a piece of tape above the controller port for the longest time that says Joker so there's no excuse.
I got a name change recently, dunno if you noticed yet ;o
Also, I usually use a different tag/name at every tournament (sometimes I use a new one every set).

The difference between an RPG/Shooter/MMORPG is that those take lots and lots of your own time/effort. It's not like you made hundreds of tags for people that play on your wii. Everyone makes their own tag, it's not related to your time and effort at all. If you really feel hurt that Ally's tag isn't in your wii anymore, I'll be glad to make Ally's tag for you again at Brainshock.

Like Future said, you can't expect names to not be deleted when you bring a wii that cannot add anymore names. I don't really care who's wii it is - if it's a wii brought for tournament use, as a tournament entrant, I need to set my controls to play. If the name list is completely full, you kind of have to expect names to get deleted.

Say your father's car broke down and he needs to use your car for work (just for a day). Hypothetically, say your car is full of empty pizza boxes, soda cans, and other sorts of miscellaneous trash, so much that the passenger seat and back rows are completely full. You father, after discarding a few things, sits in your car and cannot even find the parking break, gearshift, or even see the speedometer w/o having to move the clutter around. It's highly important that your father has room in the car so that he can take his clients to lunch, so he cleans the trash out of your car and makes it as appealing as he can to his clients before he leaves (WHAT A SERVICE). When your father returns the car to you, do you yell at him and get mad because he threw away the pizza box that you and your first girlfriend shared together?

You getting mad at me for this accomplishes nothing (ie, what I said in my last post). If I need to add a name, and the list is full, I will continue to delete names off people's wiis at my own discretion.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Fino didn't slaughter your firstborn child. Get over it - or make sure there are enough names to be entered at your next tournament. Delete the names you don't want to keep.

I've never heard of someone getting butthurt over a tag being deleted.... unlike RPG's that not only take a ton of time - but actually store a lot of data (that you may have had to grind for hours to accomplish), Brawl records keep.. what.. your most played character (as if you wouldn't know this) - and the number of KO's/Death's you had (... who cares for their KD in Brawl? lmao....)

All a tag's good for is knowing who is who, and customized controls. Now if he deleted your entire Brawl Data and you had to unlock every character again, grind for every sticker - and spend weeks upon weeks getting every trophy again... then you could *****.

But dude, it was a ****ing tag.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i'm pretty sure you're just missing the point of, if its not yours, don't **** with it. its generally pretty common that if you don't have room for YOUR tag, you delete the first name on there and then enter yours, you don't delete everyones tags out of spite/good intentions whatever your reason is. different people find different things important.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I swear, Fino, BPC and SuSa are what keep SWF running.

I get on Smashboards everyday, throughout the day sometimes and I know there'll always be one constant: Either Fino, BPC, or SuSa is going to have posted something stupid/trollable/trolling/tactless that I will get a laugh about.

:awesome:

Dnyce

Smash Master
well i'm pretty sure you're just missing the point of, if its not yours, don't **** with it. its generally pretty common that if you don't have room for YOUR tag, you delete the first name on there and then enter yours, you don't delete everyones tags out of spite/good intentions whatever your reason is. different people find different things important.
Don't bring your wii, problem solved? Pretty sure you can't get mad when you bring something for community use and it gets used by the community. I didn't "**** with it" in anyway that affected anyone, other than joker - who secretly collects tags on his wii for a reason that is beyond my understanding w/o telling anyone. Like you said, different people find different things important. Personally, I don't find tags important at all.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well people bring their wii out of courtesy so that the tourney can run smoother and more efficient, so i guess if we had a bunch of people not bringing their wii, then we can just do a single elimination tourney run on one t.v. on your wii ;)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
you guys are lucky me and lain didnt come and show you kiddies how to do drugs loooooooooool
Ask Lain about me.

I get on Smashboards everyday, throughout the day sometimes and I know there'll always be one constant: Either Fino, BPC, or SuSa is going to have posted something stupid/trollable/trolling/tactless that I will get a laugh about.

:awesome:
You should add Soran to that list. <3

Doucheshi

Fino, just appologize for being inconsiderate and get on with the world. Just make it your signature or something.

TP

Smash Master

You getting mad at me for this accomplishes nothing (ie, what I said in my last post). If I need to add a name, and the list is full, I will continue to delete names off people's wiis at my own discretion.

Don't bring your wii, problem solved? Pretty sure you can't get mad when you bring something for community use and it gets used by the community.
This is why people don't like you. It's not hard to respect others. You should try it sometime.

Dnyce

Smash Master
well people bring their wii out of courtesy so that the tourney can run smoother and more efficient, so i guess if we had a bunch of people not bringing their wii, then we can just do a single elimination tourney run on one t.v. on your wii :troll:
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me since I seem to be the only person who does not mind having tags erased on my wii... well minus the single elimination part. I don't see why we would change the fundamentals of tournament procedure over a lack of wiis.

This is why people don't like you. It's not hard to respect others. You should try it sometime.
Question: The first thing you quoted stating a fact (getting mad at me will accomplish nothing - which is true) is why people don't like me? If people don't like me for reasoning with standard human psychology... I guess that's something I can't help.

Or was it the part of where I said will delete tags so that I can add mine a reason people don't like me? If people don't like me for needing to use the controls I practice with and am comfortable with to play my best and put forth my best effort in competition... I guess that's something I can't help.

The second thing you quoted, was it me offering a reasonable solution to Joker, who brought a wii with a full list and then complained that names were deleted, a reason people don't like me? If people don't like me for trying to solve a problem that obviously caused Joker a great deal of grief... I guess that's something I can't help.

Or was it me giving real talk to Joker stating the obvious (don't get mad when you bring something for community use and it gets used by the community) a reason people don't like me? If people don't like me for pointing out their ignorance... I guess that's something I can't help.

I love your false dilemma fallacy though. If you can muster a post that evolves past the reasoning of a child, I might actually respond back reasonably instead of throw blatant exaggeration and sarcasm at you, lol.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

I got a name change recently, dunno if you noticed yet ;o
Also, I usually use a different tag/name at every tournament (sometimes I use a new one every set).
That's probably how it got full to begin with since I do delete name I don't recognize, I do expect to have names deleted on my Wii but all of them I mean I'm pretty sure you knew a bunch of them like Metal, Domo, MJG, Nicole, Cook, Mr doom and so on is like why delete names you know are going to be used.

The difference between an RPG/Shooter/MMORPG is that those take lots and lots of your own time/effort. It's not like you made hundreds of tags for people that play on your wii. Everyone makes their own tag, it's not related to your time and effort at all. If you really feel hurt that Ally's tag isn't in your wii anymore, I'll be glad to make Ally's tag for you again at Brainshock.
Maybe so but my tag I put a lot of time into this game and I just like keeping my records and such I mean I still have the one in Melee plus I like keeping friends tags on my Wii. As for the Ally tag you wish you where Ally.

Like Future said, you can't expect names to not be deleted when you bring a wii that cannot add anymore names. I don't really care who's wii it is - if it's a wii brought for tournament use, as a tournament entrant, I need to set my controls to play. If the name list is completely full, you kind of have to expect names to get deleted.
I do expect name to get deleted specially ones you don't know but like I said before your name should have been there already if you have a new one then just delete your old one.

Say your father's car broke down and he needs to use your car for work (just for a day). Hypothetically, say your car is full of empty pizza boxes, soda cans, and other sorts of miscellaneous trash, so much that the passenger seat and back rows are completely full. You father, after discarding a few things, sits in your car and cannot even find the parking break, gearshift, or even see the speedometer w/o having to move the clutter around. It's highly important that your father has room in the car so that he can take his clients to lunch, so he cleans the trash out of your car and makes it as appealing as he can to his clients before he leaves (WHAT A SERVICE). When your father returns the car to you, do you yell at him and get mad because he threw away the pizza box that you and your first girlfriend shared together?
I'm pretty sure he would ask why all the trash and tell you why you haven't clean your car if he's any kind of father he will.

All you really needed to do was delete one tag.

Question: The first thing you quoted stating a fact (getting mad at me will accomplish nothing - which is true) is why people don't like me? If people don't like me for reasoning with standard human psychology... I guess that's something I can't help.
Is things you do that annoyed people and I seen people get mad at you to the point where you may get punch and if things ever get that bad people might not even help or may just even turn a blind eye.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0

Is things you do that annoyed people and I seen people get mad at you to the point where you may get punch and if things ever get that bad people might not even help or may just even turn a blind eye.
LMAO!!!!! QFT. Why is it quoted for truth? Because MJG already punched him in the face and we ALL turned a blind eye; well...maybe we laughed a little at his expense but for the most part it was ignored @ the time.

I <3 you guys for arguing.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this thread is hilarious. so is everyone getting buthurt over all the tages getting deleated off a wii. *looks at hylian*

I wouldn't care is someone deleated my name off my wii as long as they deleated every other name on there. just deleating the owners name is just rude

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
this thread is hilarious. so is everyone getting buthurt over all the tages getting deleated off a wii. *looks at hylian*

I wouldn't care is someone deleated my name off my wii as long as they deleated every other name on there. just deleating the owners name is just rude
..Ok that's exactly what happened to me? Only my name got deleted. Several times.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Lol at him makin fun of Hylian about getting his name deleted then saying its rude for the owner's name to get deleted. WTF XD

Dnyce

Smash Master
LMAO!!!!! QFT. Why is it quoted for truth? Because MJG already punched him in the face and we ALL turned a blind eye; well...maybe we laughed a little at his expense but for the most part it was ignored @ the time.

I <3 you guys for arguing.
I like how light tap on the back of my head has suddenly turned into punched in the face.

Kids these days...
So is everyone getting buthurt over all the tages getting deleated off a wii. *looks at hylian*

^

Arguing over this is a lost cause.
I think It's time to squash this argument
I said this 4 posts ago. Saying so was one of the reasons TP said that everyone hates me, lol. I tried =/

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure he would ask why all the trash and tell you why you haven't clean your car if he's any kind of father he will.
Okay joker, so I will ask: Why don't you clean out the tags from your wii?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> A light tap on the back of the head? Riiiiiight. That 'light tap on the back of your head' suuuurrreeee made you shut up pretty **** fast. Looked all choked up from how 'light' it was. Or was that the humiliation setting in? Either way n_n something similar to what Joker said has already happened and I felt it was nice to bring up again.

MJG

Smash Hero
This argument is silly.

On the subject, I don't think it is a big deal that some tags are deleted. On the flip side, I don't think it is neccessary to delete ALL of the tags. To be able to play on a wii and use your own tags, deleting "one" name is ok.

Shoop doop. :shyguy:

@Tmacc: That cat scared me XD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I like how light tap on the back of my head has suddenly turned into punched in the face.

Kids these days...

^
Seriously? Lmao I was sitting right there he didn't punch you but he certainly slapped or pushed your face with an open palm with enough force to move your body and turn your head, not to mention the entire side of your face was red afterwards.

I wouldn't call that a "light tap".

Nicole

Smash Champion
Agree with MJ.

No need to destroy someone's entire namelist. It was courteous of Joker to bring a Wii and a TV, even if the Wii had a full namelist. If you want to delete multiple names, which isn't an inherently bad idea considering that there are many people at the tournament who will need to make tags, just search through and find the ones that people aren't likely to use/aren't famous people (you can tell exactly what sort of tags i'm talking about...tags like GAY! or 8==D, or G6...stuff like that, stupid names that are on every single wii). That really wouldn't take you that much more time, considering that you deleted every single tag, and you wouldn't run the risk of deleting tags that are important to the owner.

I think the car/father analogy is a little different, because if the son wanted to save the pizza box, he could just take it out of the car and keep it with him - he wouldn't have to throw it away. You can't just move Ally, PX, or whoever's tag to a different place for safekeeping. You can keep it or lose it forever. Also, for the father, it was highly important that he move out ALL the trash so that people could fit in the car. But you can't argue that it was highly important to delete ALL the tags - deleting even 10 of them probably would have been sufficient.

Now you know for the future.

Top Bottom