• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAB 2 - Let's Adjust Brawl

Jayford

Smash Lord
Japes is an awful stage. The only reason to pick it with the intention of winning is to camp your balls off on the end platforms. Green Greens is bad too. Just camp the platforms behind the falling blocks and it's gg. Distant Planet is bad too because you can just camp the walk off part and throw people lol. I like the idea of this tournament :D, I would recommend stages, but I don't really know anything about them other then how to be gay on a select few.

I might be here, it depends how strapped for cash I am after Pound, and some MVC3 / SSF4 tourney.

clowsui

Smash Legend
After some discussion, I don't think I'm going to do any significant experimentation at this tournament. Minor aspects like PS2 starter, L. Semi BO5 will be kept.

Too much risk in running the likely system to win (Thio's CP) with time constraints. I'm trying to improve my TO ability with this tournament also, but I don't think I can effectively do that with trying to make sure everyone uses Thio's CP.

Furthermore, thinking about it Expanded Doubles CPs isn't incredibly significant given that MK is already strong in doubles.

I'm taking off JJ and putting Picto back on. That should be the extent of all the changes.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lol sorry Chi but I will not be in attendance. Parents said 'You're going to Columbus all next weekend. No.'

clowsui

Smash Legend
This is coming up. I need people to start posting about attendance and bringing Wiis. If you guys are thinking about bringing TVs also, please speak up.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Man, I want to go to this, I think I will.

EDIT: With a setup, obv, because Calebyte always brings a setup. Do I even need to bring a TV?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Already got you down on the list pimpin'

If this event runs fast enough, what side events do you guys want? Can't be any modifications of Brawl, don't have enough SDs for that.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Are you REALLY going to drive to No Koast in all this snow? I mean, whatever you guys decide to do is fine w/ me but man oh man I don't think this is good weather to drive like...a jillion hours :s

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Almost certain Louisville will be at this. Also going to be needing a solid partner, but I'll probably be a bit picky when it comes to characters.
First off, thanks to Chi for putting this together. I'm really glad to have the Smash community back at the arcade. I'm certain you will all like the new place way more. It's bigger, cooler (temperature, that is), more open and there is no cut off time. If the tournament runs late, we go until it's done or everyone leaves. My normal closing time is 1am and I doubt it would go later than that, but I am ok with it if it does. I listened to all the concerns and complaints from the previous location and have done everything I can to make it THE place for tournaments and other gaming events in Cincinnati and surrounding cities. I am always open to suggestions so once this tournament wraps up, post up or send me a message with what you did or did not like about the place or the experience.

I'm sure Chi will fix this soon but i will post it up now. He has me down for 10 Wiis. I do have 10 good CRTs but just 3 Wiis. We will need you guys to bring your Wiis. I have space for more than 10 tvs so you are welcome to bring tvs as well. We can set up as many as the TO and space will allow. Also, since its not entirely clear in the OP, your $5 venue fee includes FREE arcade games all day long. No chance of being bored at this tournament!

For those of you concerned about going out to get food, the good news is that there are a couple places that deliver to the arcade. Jimmy Johns, New England Grinders and LaRosa's. There may be a few more but I know of those for sure. There are quite a few places to eat that you could drive to within 2-3 minutes of the arcade. I sell a good assortment of drinks and snacks at the arcade as well.

See you guys in a couple months
Sounds amazing. Thanks for all of this, can't wait.

Liking the stage list. Interested in seeing how PS2 works as a starter. Best of five for loser semis is an interesting idea as well.

Also, at Tako, I have full faith that Chi will get **** done when it comes to running this event. He'll have the right kind of help as well, but won't need a whole lot, in all honesty. I know Chi will be a good TO for this and I haven't been this sure that a tournament will finish when it's suppose to in a long time. Excluding Springfield, haha.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You know how pessimistic I am about smash tournies and time management :p. I'd rather people be not confident and hurry up rather than over confident and lazy.

clowsui

Smash Legend
That's true hehe. Nevertheless, I don't have any sort of expectations coming into this event, only hopes xP

Thankfully, I learned a lot about TO'ing at SiiS4 and I've developed...assertiveness *gasp*. Watch out for the DQ, people ;)

Also, Louisville is vague LOL. You, Crash, Rowan, Zephil, Excel?

EDIT: Tako, are you bringing a Wii or not? How about Louisville peeps?

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
Does he have systems there? LOL

I don't even think enough Smashers play Super for that to matter
I have 3 complete setups for SSFIV so that is a viable option. Even if it's just a handful of people, can't hurt. Add some variety to the festivities.

What other games do Smashers play?

clowsui

Smash Legend
I've been meaning to learn ST for a while but it's stupidly hard playing on a keyboard. Can't even do the most basic combos :'(

I know a bunch of smashers play SSF4, BB on the side. Some like MvC2 also, as well as T6

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, a lot of smashers are into SSFIV, actually. The setups for it definitely wouldn't hurt. And Chi, I'll get back to you on our attendance list, lol. Basically "Louisville" just means that Crash and I will be coming for sure with whomever jumps in. I'll see who's interested.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Mario Kart tournament would be GODLIKE....Melee tournament too maybe? Ahhhh so many decisions.

Melee
Mario Kart
SSFIV

Keep the votes comin' guys

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
man who am I to pass up an opportunity to team with Shaq

haha, lemme see who all's available. Still getting use to this XD
I'll be sure to give you a yes or no soon, SP, soon as I figure some stuff out. There's a couple of people that I want to team with if they're free.

Top Bottom