• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser for the Children 2!!! - May 12th - GAtech Downtown ATL

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Also what do people think about entry fee? Right now its 10 for singles and 20 total for the team. Because half the money is going to CMN do people want to raise the singles to 15? This means that there is more money one for the winners and two for the kiddies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
10 is fine. Raising the price would turn off alot of people from entering the tournament, and you'll probably just overall end up making around the same amount as you would have with 10.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Well. Other than the people who go to every tournament in GA to play some smash, paying $15 would turn off everyone else. I personally know a bunch of smashers who go to GA tournies every now and then and complain about paying $10 for a tournament they know they are not gonna win. Paying $15? They will defiantly not enter. (As well as all the people from my school who I told about the tournament who can go since its at GATech. They are all cheap :( )

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
it may be too pricey...

but its for a good cause guys. Just think of it like this:

"you may not win in the game today but some poor kid will win in life"

of couse if I went to this thing that won't apply to me cause i'll go and just win anyways! LOL

ss118

Smash Master
I definately be able to go if it's on the 12th. Otherwise, it's impossible for me because of Mother's Day. T.T

So when is the tourney happening? from what I can gather, its still happening at GA tech on the 12th, but can possibly be moved to the 13th.

And if it is happening at GA Tech, what building? Because I don't wanna be 2 hours too late for registry cause I couldn't find the **** building.

BTW, lol @ EVIL Peach18's sig. Super Sayain Peach, go!

Prac352

Smash Lord
it may be too pricey...

but its for a good cause guys. Just think of it like this:

"you may not win in the game today but some poor kid will win in life"

of couse if I went to this thing that won't apply to me cause i'll go and just win anyways! LOL
*Concurs with everything in this post*

eastheaven

Smash Ace
I wonder how many people from GATech would actually go
Every now and then, whenever there are smashfests at gatech I am like 'what if we had a mini tourney with $1 admissions" and people are like AWW HAELZ NAW.
Just saying that it's probably not so bad that it's after school ends, in regards to ease of access for GATech smashers since none would pay a dollar anyway cept for like three people.
So just think of this post as an add-on to my other post except further down the post list.

ss118

Smash Master
Update this, please, I really want to go and can't until I find out at least what building its happening at.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I hate to say this but.... I can't make this >.> Which sucks cause this is my anniversary tourny too :( Thing is, the Senior Baccalauhoweveryouspellit is the 13th, and it's in the morning, and is REQUIRED for Seniors to be there. I'm really sorry, but I can't miss it. You guys will have fun with one less guy to beat though, so I hope you enjoy yourselves!

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I just called Wes but I got no answer. I am going to try to get him to update the thread asap.
1. The entry fee is going to stay as is. 10 for singles and 20 total for the team.
2. We will have pizza for $1 a slice. We have a soda machine that sells for 50 cents.
3. The building is the Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity house. We are across the street from the house that is being torn down. We are like right infront of them. http://www.rushphikap.com/images/house.jpg
Thats what the house looks like.
http://www.rushphikap.com/images/map.gif
Thast a map just around the house
4. Parking shouldnt be a problem. There is a parking deck that should be open and its only like two houses down from us.
5. For those of you who care to look this is the montage video from the first LFTC.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-152836384166980947&q=LFTC

I make a challenge for Children Money Matches. I highly encourage that people play MM's and the loser donates to the charity. OR be creative and play where the loser buys you 1 piece of pizza and donates 1 dollar to the kids. I really hope people get pumped for this tourny. I am really going to try to make it and it will be the best tourny I have run yet.

edit: wow you guys posted up on this thing fast. I just typing this up and talking to the guys at the house and you posted like 3 times.
PS gerbil you will be able to make it. I hope the building question is ansered for people.

The date is the 12th. I repeat the date in the 12th.

Who else can bring set ups? We might not need them but I am hoping for around 8 set ups.

Also I am running this tourny through tio and it has a feature to help set up the bracket so that people from the same place/crew dont play too early on in the tourny. So when you registar make sure you and your crew registar under the exact same location. It can be your crew name if you want. But if someone says I am from conyers and someone says they are from CC (conyers crew) the program will not catch this. So talk to you crew mates, if you care, and come up with the same "location".

Laijin

Smash Hero
I hate to say this but.... I can't make this >.> Which sucks cause this is my anniversary tourny too :( Thing is, the Senior Baccalauhoweveryouspellit is the 13th, and it's in the morning, and is REQUIRED for Seniors to be there. I'm really sorry, but I can't miss it. You guys will have fun with one less guy to beat though, so I hope you enjoy yourselves!
That should'nt be mandatory unless your going to some private christian school. Baccalatory is taken place in a christian church and is DEFINANTLY not required for seniors to go. Its quite religious, so they can't make something so religious required. Also, not going will not stop you from walking. So its definantly not required.
:o But I guess its a good experience since your graduating. It should be over before 12? So you should be able to make it

GAwes

Hidden Boss
yo sorry about missing the call, good looking out though mike, i'll update this as soon as i get my computer hooked up, things just been kinda busy since i'm moving back home the past few days as well as the next few

ss118

Smash Master
THANK YOU LORD JESUS(no offense to anyone) FOR SENDING CO_AND_ME WITH THIS VALUABLE INFORMATION!!!!!

See ya'll there! Me and 4 friends are coming, so I'm glad to hear that you have something to seperate us a little bit.

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
If everything works out, Lawrenceville is bringing our badass crew (I think it may consist of about 6 people) and we challenge any 6 person crew to challenge us. (I don't know if everyone from lawrenceville is going to come, but if they do....dear lord, if they do....)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Well I called wes again but to no avail. It would seem to me that we are looking at around 32ish people. I really am going to say that I wouldnt do any crew battles unless you are going to be able to do them during teams and the begginings of pools. If your crew battle is going on when we want to start pools you are going to have to stop. I dont want to be a jerk but I want to try to make this things smooth and pretty quick. I think we have all been to a tourny that has run alot longer than anyone expected (DooDahs).

I am not sure how many people will be there but like I said I am expecting around 32. thats what we had last time. If thats the case I might do pools and put everyone into brackets but at the same time I am thnking about making it a little more competitive and dropping it to a 16 man bracket.

There are a number of options on how to set up the bracket and I wont list them all. I will list that ones that I am actually considering.
If we get alot more than 32 people then pools and a 32 man bracket.
If its around 32 pools and a 32 man bracket
or pools and a 16 man bracket.

A 32 man bracket will take more time. The 16 man bracket makes it more competive and runs faster. What do people think?

Also I am planning on having 8 set ups. I am pretty sure we can get most of the set ups from the house and I have had a few people say they are brining a set up. Please let me know what u are brining.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
So the first page is kinda messy with like lotsa info thrown here and there. So I am just going to make one post that you can copy past. It will be what is in quotes.
"Check out LFTC1 at http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6980947&q=LFTC

Laser for the Children 2...

Address: 800 Fowler Street, Atlanta GA 30313
The building is the Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity house. We are across the street from the house that is being torn down. We are right infront of them. http://www.rushphikap.com/images/house.jpg
Thats what the house looks like.
http://www.rushphikap.com/images/map.gif
Thats a map of just around the house if you really need it.

Parking shouldnt be a problem. There is a parking deck that should be open and its only like two houses down from us.

Signups begin at 9:30, tourney to start around 10:30ish

Teams first, then singles

10 bucks for singles
10 for teams a piece for teams

Half of the proceeds go to the Children's Miracle Network

In Singles Money will be devided like this

1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

In Teams, money will be divided like this.

1st - 70%
2nd - 30%
3rd - Money Back (if 2nd place gets at least twice money back you might have to remind me)"

Then if you can repost the rules from BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.... through... Finals in Both Catagories (this means winners finals, losers finals and both sets of finals if they last through that) will be best of 5 matches.

That would be awesome. Usually in pools you do a best 2 of 3 with 3 stock right? If that is the case just post that some where if you wouldnt mind. Thanks so much wes. You can delete everything else. We only need between the quotes then the rules and add in pools with be of 3 stock. Thanks again.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Eh, as long as the money's goin to a good cause, i guess i'll scrounge up some money for some random MM.

Lets see....

I.
Anybody wanna do a 10-man Rap Battle? (a.k.a. Solo Crews, Slobberknocker, whatever you want to call it.

It's just a solo crew.

Shared 20 stock between you 5 characters

Stages = FD/BF/PS - unless otherwise noted. All random, no counterpicking

II.
How bout a low-tier Rap Battle?

Same rules apply (On a rainy dayyy!!! And it's not such a pretty place to be! it's just rains! and rains! and rains! on meeeeeeeeee - Gnarls Barkley.)

Sorry, had to take that, but yeah.

Same rules, except you can must pick 5 Low/Bottom tier characters.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I might not go now.
Aura isn't coming as my mega surprise team partner so I'm saddened.
Right now depends if ANYONE from SC is going with me, which hopefully someone can... I need gas money so bad : (

kirby_jim

Smash Cadet
i'll be there, but im not doing it for the children! kirbys a hardass he dosnt help children... he eats them

do i even have to put a "/sarcasm" at the end of that?

Somasu

Smash Ace
Brett - Who else of GPC is going to this? Or do you even know?

I'm tempted to go, if I can get a ride. And if possible, I'd like to invite a friend of mine to come with me, so he'd need a ride, as well, preferably in the same vehicle as myself. (Don't even know if he'd even be allowed to come, though.. I don't want to ask him until I know whether or not he and I'd have a ride)

And if I go, I might not even enter the tournaments and just play friendlies. Only reason I'll be able to actually play in the tournament is if I get my new debit card so I can get some money out of my ****ed account.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
dang everyone backing out? This makes me sad. I wonder if chaddd and his crew is comming?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Jeez. wtf guys.
Everyone travels all the way down to the middle of no where columbus, GA. But can't make it not even half the distance that it take to get there to come to GATech. :(

Edit: Uhh..excluding X2X and the columbus crew since they actually live there. And Carter has a good reason. I almost missed SoD cause my prom was on that saturday, but luckily the tourney was on Sunday. :)

kirby_jim

Smash Cadet
Brett - Who else of GPC is going to this? Or do you even know?

I'm tempted to go, if I can get a ride. And if possible, I'd like to invite a friend of mine to come with me, so he'd need a ride, as well, preferably in the same vehicle as myself. (Don't even know if he'd even be allowed to come, though.. I don't want to ask him until I know whether or not he and I'd have a ride)

And if I go, I might not even enter the tournaments and just play friendlies. Only reason I'll be able to actually play in the tournament is if I get my new debit card so I can get some money out of my ****ed account.
im pretty sure mike is going, though if him and the rest of the gpc guys arent i might not either... i'm like, 99% positive that i'll see you and mike this week so i'll let you know for sure then (course, you could just talk to mike and take out the middle man)

eastheaven

Smash Ace
Hey I'm going!
I need to get back to school for summer time, anyway, it's a good time.

Top Bottom