• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
In order to fix the sound issue, just go to Extras > Add-Ons and uncheck all of your custom content. It's the only guaranteed fix, as using SND_RebuildAudioCache doesn't work for some people.

It appears Valve patched the game last night, so I'm going to do some testing later to see how much they've toned down the item spawns in Crash Course and the rest of the campaigns.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Someone on my ladder already tested and it was meant to fix it but it's supposedly still at the same ridiculously high rate, though I myself haven't played since the patch
I think the patch we got his afternoon was bugged in the way that it obviously has the fixes but has not applied them for whatever reason as NONE of the bugs listed as fixed are actually fixed
So everyone I know who has played it after the patch also notices no difference.

Handorin

Smash Hero
mic- I dunno actually. That's what they said they were going to do. I have not had time to actually play it. >_>

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Someone on my ladder already tested and it was meant to fix it but it's supposedly still at the same ridiculously high rate, though I myself haven't played since the patch
So everyone I know who has played it after the patch also notices no difference.
I smell some epic fail.

Ravin

Smash Lord
@ Mic - When they jump down if the smoker catchs a suvivor from the skylight and pulls someone back, people cannot save him. :/

Charizard92

Smash Champion
A problem with Crash course (well, not much of a problem as it is a weird nuisance) is that there are weapons, EVERYWHERE. You can barely go 30% into a level before the first weapon stash. And they keep on coming, and coming, and coming. While they aren't all found on the same spot (an assault rifle by its lonesome with the other two some distance away), you can easily find a new batch. in essence:

Survivor: "weapons over here"

Me: "there are weapons EVERYWHERE"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, check the previous page, Lord Bowser posted a big thing on the changes with that.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
This was particularly with Crash course, which lacks random weapon spawn (So you are 100% guaranteed to find a weapon in the same spot).

This makes map memorization even more lethal, since Ammo is only a problem with T1 weapons, which do not get random spawns and generic ammo is rare. T2, that's the dime a dozen.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I prefer using a pistol to T1 anyways, and you usually can find a second pistol fast, so it's even better.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I call bs.

It's the new trend to set a release date and then postpone it.
I happen to have very close connections with key members of the L4DMods staff who also happen to be members of the Dead Before Dawn team. It's a legitimate release date.

If you still question the information, know that the campaign will be released on October 31st, with or without a finale. That's the word I got from one of the project coordinators.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yea, I just read through it. Sounds good. It's pretty awesome that Valve actually made a Francis quote for them.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'll get advance word as to when it'll be uploaded on L4DMods. If the server traffic gets too high, let me know. I'll mirror it temporarily on my FileFront account.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well with L4D2 been banned in australia Valve was going to have to either appeal or submit an edited copy. Turns out they're doing both. Plans are that this way if the appeal failed they wouldn't have to delay the game to resubmit an edited version, and this way if the appeal works, then just a minor patch and it's the US version (though they said they're not sure about the 360 version and how that would work.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/10/va...dead-2-for-aussie-classification/#more-360759

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Serris' Custom Campaign Directory
Helping you get more for your money.

DeadCity *UPDATE!*
By ilcannibal

Campaign & Versus

Survival

5/5 Maps (100% Complete):
  • RiverSide City
  • Back Alley
  • Draw Bridge
  • Water Plant
  • Subway Station
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

DeadCity has been updated yet again, this time to VPK 11. New detailing and other changes have been added to this release.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Vienna Calling *NEW!*
By 44V Mapping

• Innere Stadt
  • Bahnhof
  • Nussdorf
  • Donauinsel
  • Donauturm
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign

The directory has been updated with a new campaign, Vienna Calling. Though it currently only supports Campaign Mode, it's a very nicely-mapped campaign, sporting finely-detailed areas from the Austrian city of Vienna.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://kotaku.com/5379068/last-two-left-4-dead-2-campaigns-leaked

"A tipster told us that an L4D2 playtester had seen these and pronounced them accurate. But if Team Fortress 2 has taught us anything, there are plenty of artists out there who love to make up stuff using Valve IP."

Left 4 Dead 2 Achievements confirm final campaigns, detail new features

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/12/left-4-dead-2-achievements-confirm-final-campaigns-detail-new-f/

"The Achievement aficionados over at Xbox360Achievments.org have uncovered the Xbox 360 Achievements for Left 4 Dead 2. The Achievements offer some insane challenges -- "Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled" -- and, if accurate, also confirm the recently uncovered "Dead Center" and "Hard Rain" campaigns."

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Things I think will come from Left 4 Dead 2, and wish would:

Weapons:
The Hunting Rifle will be demoted to T1:
Reasoning: Simple, the Mini-14 from L4D has severe issues, namely with the fact that it is practically impossible to run and gun and it's clip is limiting when surrounded (I know, this is my favorite gun). The HR does best in Either out of the way spaces (ex the numerous sniper spots in Death toll) or narrow ones (ex all of No mercy and most of Dead air). The G3 is essentially a Hunting rifle (technically it's a BR, and I would be overjoyed for an M14 EBR in L4D3) with both problems fixed (moving accuracy is tighter and the clip is essentially doubled [They even modified the clip size to show this]). This is an obvious one, the HR (despite how much I like the looks) is merely a t1 (which makes me feel gimped), and the G3 (who's looks I do not feel as pretty) is the T2.

Prepare for more rapid fire options:
Reasoning: Simple, while there was only one HR and now there's a BR to demote it, There are now 2 SMG vying for position, along with 3 ARs! For The SMGs, It is a matter of power (as in the Uzi), or ammo capacity (As in The Mac-11), depends on how much ammo you use up. With the ARs, you got a whopping 3. The AK-47, The SCAR-L, and the ol' M16. Valve also made each one different too:

The AK-47 is more powerful, and doesn't drain your ammo as fast (since it's RoF is lower), but it has a small clip, a relatively long reload, and possibly the worst accuracy. The AK is clearly for those looking for power, or those desperate for an AR

The SCAR does NOT have rapid fire. Instead, it boasts a 3 round burst (Similar to Halo's BR, or The Conduit's version of the same gun, albeit without a scope, which both versions had), so the SCAR is the go to gun for accuracy and ammo preservation. It even boasts a 60 round clip. Emptying said clip, however, is more excruciating, as it has a new long reload for emptying a clip, making the SCAR the first non-shotgun weapon to have a special empty clip reload animation in L4D.

The M16 returns, pretty much the same way as before, so no talk there.

The New ARs give you a new choice of options, do you want power, accuracy, or fire rate? The order I gave is the respective solution.

Infected are now more severely mutated, and some come in 2 genders:
Reasoning: This is a very clear one for a few reasons:
1: Valve said so
2: L4D2 takes place at least a week after L4D, allowing for special infected mutations to foster even further
3: This is also in between Georgia and Louisiana (which also include Alabama, Mississippi, and possibly even Florida), so clothes such as jackets and hoodies aren't as common.

The Boomer: Balder, Fatter, and with those growths (which are potentially intestines) are darker. There is even a girl version.
The Hunter: If you saw a hunter's face (which you can under specific circumstances) you'd know that it somehow lacks eyes (?) and his face is somewhat torn up. This will now apply to the rest of it's face (as far from what I can tell), along with it's forearms, lower legs, and feet, since now those body parts are exposed. Maybe it rips at itself when alone? (Or has an itch)
The Smoker: The growths now cover it's shoulder, not only it's face. Also, there is some weird tongue growth from behind it's head (Yeck)
The tank: A bit more muscular, bald, and probably a pain in realism mode, but that's about it.
The witch: That wandering about in daylight is about it. this wandering version is only around for two campaigns, the very first and the very last.

Realism mode:
Mythic difficulty, valve style:
Reasoning: If we apply real life rules, the there won't be a HUD, a crosshair, outlines around important stuff, friendly fire would hurt like hell, no respawn, and the witch and tank (if they are around) would probably kill you if they get the chance. Hopefully, this means zombies are easier to kill, specials are rare if non existent, and those nasty two are easier to kill (Muscle does NOT protect from bullets, the Mythbusters tried this.)

Wishes:
Old survivors are back:
If valve wants to appease those boycotters, this is the least they can do

comments are welcome (sans mean ones)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hunting rifle is fine where it is imo. The only situation that it does poorly in is when you are surrounded, which is an easy fix with dual pistols and a bit of melee.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Note my reasoning. The G3 is essentially the Hunting rifle with lighter weaknesses, essentially eclipsing the HR (unless valve planned to put something in to let them compete with each other, which at this rate I doubt)

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just saw lots of gun acronyms, and I didn't really know what they were.
+I doubt any new guns are being ported into l4d.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Hunting rifle is fine where it is imo. The only situation that it does poorly in is when you are surrounded, which is an easy fix with dual pistols and a bit of melee.
You have got to be kidding me HR is the worst gun in the game, if you plan on moving in the campaign you're ****ed with it's terrible accuracy, It's terrible for taking down tanks and heck dual pistols have more DPS than it. Anything the HR can do the assault rifle can do just as good if not better and doesn't have the terrible drawbacks.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You have got to be kidding me HR is the worst gun in the game, if you plan on moving in the campaign you're ****ed with it's terrible accuracy, It's terrible for taking down tanks and heck dual pistols have more DPS than it. Anything the HR can do the assault rifle can do just as good if not better and doesn't have the terrible drawbacks.
I never said it was the best in the game or it does any better than the other guns in situations.

DPS is a horrible way to put that in perspective though.

I like it though, but often I end up using the Assault Rifle. I hate running through a campaign (in VS) and going "LOL I HAV SHOTGUN U CANT DO SNAPZ *BOOM BOOM BOOM*"

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Arguable, it is possibly the most lacking compared to it's T2 brethren, but you still got the T1 weapons to think about. The HR is a pure support weapon, you're only going to be effective if you are out of the way (which happens quite a bit on No mercy and Death toll) or in Narrow confines (which make up over half of No Mercy and Dead Air). The HR is made for pecking off zombies at a distance RELIABLY, something the AR can barely do (I have had instances where teammates have ARd a long distance zombie only for me to Kill it later through a scope). It also serves as a safer method of handling a witch (Just line up a headshot instead of sneaking up on it and align one like the shotgun [note, must have fire squad at hand]), or Zombies in a straight line coming at you (Something I like about these zombies, they come at you from one direction, so it is rather easy to level a horde)

However, since this version has severe flaws, and all L4D weapons will return in the sequel (and I need a new graphics card for it), the only way people are going to pick up the HR with the G3 around is to demote it to T1.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Night Terror *UPDATE!*
By Cc_NIPPER and Dr. Boo

• Blockade
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Moria
  • Jungle Ruins
  • Wake
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus

Night Terror has been updated to beta 3. The following changes have been included in this update:
  • Versus Mode support has been (tentatively) added.
  • Many forced spawns on Moria have been removed.
  • AI navigation improvements.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, I downloaded Half-Life/Source Sounds, yesterday. I now have the ability to blast third-gen Pomon music over the microphone channel.

You'd be surprised how well it fits.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Loved being annoying at first with it, but it soon grew old. No way to play serious if you can't hear a witch/tank/everything.
I only use the music in certain situations.

Tank appears?
Lance's theme. Or the Gym Leader theme. Depends on whether or not it's a Finale Tank.

Being mobbed?
Wild Pokémon Battle.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Personally, I changed my Tank music to "I'm on a Boat"

So the first thing I hear is "AWWWW ****. Get your towels ready, it's about to go down"

Top Bottom