• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Talk Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Yes, but that thread has been dead for nearly a month, and this topic is getting into depth on why Black Mage, White Mage, and Moogle would make more sense than just a normal character.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Because ROB did a search for a thread on final fantasy, and it was highlighting the key terms used in the search. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Out of the 3 Final Fantasy choices you had chosen, I'd say Black Mage is the best choice since a lot of people remember him when they think of first classic Final Fantasy and he was with Mario a few times. As mush as I mained him in Super Smash Flash 2, he should totally have a moveset like this.

http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Mage_(SSF2)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yes, but that thread has been dead for nearly a month, and this topic is getting into depth on why Black Mage, White Mage, and Moogle would make more sense than just a normal character.
It doesn't matter. Smashboard doesn't allow duplicate support threads. If you want to post about FF characters, just bump the support thread. here is really no need for two or more character support threads. It keeps these forums more organized and less cluttered. I do admit though you did post a lot of goo points and information though.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Know what would be cool? If white mage could heal and buff others but not herself. I'd love a doubles oriented charcter. I'm saying give her the team healer item as a move and then give her the ability to buff others with something like haste (kinda like bunny mask but not increasing distance jumped) and they can debuff enemies with the same move (so haste would become slow and slow an enemy) if they don't hit allies meaning in 1v1 she is a debuffer and in 2v2 she can either buff/heal ally or debuff enemy.

nB: cure - charges a healing ball for up to 10 seconds to heal up to 50% damage healing the first person to come in contact (enemies too) in 1v1 she'd have to catch up to the ball, ball will move slow enough that she can catch up in a second.

Side B: haste/slow - short ranged spell. Bunch of clocks appear in front of her and those hit are haste/slow for sometime. (Cannot haste self, allies will be haste under friendly fire)

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
That's a cool idea on the buffing.

I also thought maybe if they get Black Mage in, White Mage could be an assist trophy, casting Haste Protect on you, and slow on the opponents. Lol

jigglover

Smash Lord
This isn't locked yet t those who say it should be. This basically focuses on the three main contenders, black/white mage and Moogle. That other thread was pretty derailed IIRC.
Also, why is there no support for moogle? (ither than me)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If this is just for FF classes, maybe the thread title should mention that.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I wonder what that YouTube link could possibly be?:troll:

I support Black Mage.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Um... anyone have moogle moveset ideas? D: I can't really think of anything outside of dancing.

I was thinking of basing his moves off of the dances in FFVI?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think one move should be from MSM or Mario hoops-on-3 or whatever it's called, since Squeenix may want to have representation of those games in smash.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I thought I would make his recovery his special from MSM. Teleporting in 2 directions, like Pikachu.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Guess there's no point in making a Moogle moveset now that nobody will see it D:<

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was wondering why this thread sprung back to life.

There's been rumours of Squenix having either Cloud or Lightning in Playstation all stars.

Some one representing the Final Fantasy franchise as a whole would be more likely for any hypothetical smash rep.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
FFXIII was a multiplatform game though, so if one of these two would be the most reasonable choice for a character in PS All Stars it would be Cloud. Though i like Lightning much more.
Yeah, but so far they've been adding 3rd party characters for promotion over importance to the Playstation, like Raiden over Snake (even if Snake might still be in the game -- I haven't been following coverage, Raiden is still being used heavily in promotion) or new Dante over "original" Dante, so it wouldn't be that unexpected if Lightning got in over Cloud, especially since SE will probably want to promote... ugh... FF:XIII3 (:rolleyes:)

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Yeah, but so far they've been adding 3rd party characters for promotion over importance to the Playstation, like Raiden over Snake (even if Snake might still be in the game -- I haven't been following coverage, Raiden is still being used heavily in promotion) or new Dante over "original" Dante, so it wouldn't be that unexpected if Lightning got in over Cloud, especially since SE will probably want to promote... ugh... FF:XIII3 (:rolleyes:)
Eh, yeah about that. What's up with Square lately? First they cancel the project for FFXIII Versus, and now they are working on a Part 3? ⊙_◎

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
There's been rumours of Squenix having either Cloud or Lightning in Playstation all stars.
Yeah. It's most likely Lightning seeing as Square is in love with her.

Snake (Big Boss) is rumored to be a DLC character, at the moment, for All-Stars.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Eh, yeah about that. What's up with Square lately? First they cancel the project for FFXIII Versus, and now they are working on a Part 3? ⊙_◎
Versus XIII isn't canceled; they confirmed they're still going with development. I still believe it will be the "Duke Nukem Forever" of Final Fantasy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No idea. Square must be under the impression that there's more of a market for it than Versus, but honestly I haven't cared about FF for a while now, and I've stopped following it for the most part. I didn't play FF:XIII2 and only occasionally played XIII (didn't beat it or anything), in part due to how tired I was of SE milking the series and just general loss of interest.

I do still care about KH though, and (while the games are good) I wish SE would stop dragging its feet with KH3. Also, that World Ends With You teaser that turned out to be an iOS re-release got my hopes up then pissed me off, I can't believe Square would make such a big deal about a port. They better still release a sequel (for the 3DS).

Ugh. Not particularly happy with SE right now. :ohwell:
Oh well.

Anyhow, I'd prefer to see Cloud in PSASBR (he'd fit there better than in Smash -- plus he's a PS icon), but I'd wager Lightning is alot more likely.

8-peacock-8 said:
Snake (Big Boss) is rumored to be a DLC character, at the moment, for All-Stars.
Fair enough. Still both sad and funny how much that game is relying on third parties. :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
No idea. Square must be under the impression that there's more of a market for it than Versus, but honestly I haven't cared about FF for a while now, and I've stopped following it for the most part. I didn't play FF:XIII2 and only occasionally played XIII (didn't beat it or anything), in part due to how tired I was of SE milking the series and just general loss of interest.

I do still care about KH though, and (while the games are good) I wish SE would stop dragging its feet with KH3. Also, that World Ends With You teaser that turned out to be an iOS re-release got my hopes up then pissed me off, I can't believe Square would make such a big deal about a port. They better still release a sequel (for the 3DS).

Ugh. Not particularly happy with SE right now. :ohwell:
Oh well.

Anyhow, I'd prefer to see Cloud in PSASBR (he'd fit there better than in Smash -- plus he's a PS icon), but I'd wager Lightning is alot more likely.
agreed

Fair enough. Still both sad and funny how much that game is relying on third parties. :awesome:
Well they are talking about all-stars to the system instead of the company. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom