• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The humor in Super Paper Mario was incredible. The gameplay was not.

In fact, that level you mentioned was when the game pretty much peaked. I didn't like it that much afterwards.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
You kids and your low quality humor! Back in my day, we didn't have humor in our games.
And what's with the 2D and 3D switching? When I was younger, it was 2D all the way, and we liked it.
That big guy likes to throw you around and do silly poses, why not return the favor.
Make sure you shut the gate on your way out. I didn't raise you in a barn you know.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I can honestly say my favorite games ever go like:

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
...Pikmin
Bioshock
Animal Crossing (b_b)

trgluvshisBiS

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*gasps*

I wanna try Thousand Year Door, might pick it up once I'm done with the first...
and Earthbound.
and Golden Sun.
And Mario Kart Wii.

;_;
You haven't played TTYD yet??? It's one of the best games on the GCN! I'm a pretty high level and in order to rank up I have to beat Rawk Hawk and I get 1 XP each time...:urg: (Beating him 100 times takes a while.)

Anyone who dislikes Rebecca Black should watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfQwXEqYaI

I laughed hard at the ending.
Yeah, I saw that video a while ago. Jokes.

I raise you this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w2ZpyPTeUc

FIRST PAGE, *****! :3

What's up?

EDIT: HOLY **** WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?! YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED SUPER PAPER MARIO?!

It's amazing as ****. The plot is the best thing from it. The music is also hella good.
I guess it's the first page if you use a different "posts per page" option. :p

And I never use my Wii so that's why I've never played SPM.

Isn't that pretty much every Paper Mario?

I'm so glad I decided on the Game Cube last gen. I kind of feel bad for all of those guys who passed it off as a kiddy box because they missed out on a ton of awesome stuff. Like Thousand Year Door, which is one the best RPGs ever made. Ever.
Respect. The GCN is still better than the original Xbox because it has better and more games. (Even tho the original Xbox outsold the GCN...:urg:)

Ehhh I'd say one of the best Nintendo RPGs ever made I wouldn't go as far as saying best RPGs period.

You have to remember that the Xbox spawned The Knights of the Old Republic, and that game won multiple Game of the Year awards.

Don't get me wrong though I love me some Paper Mario.
All you guys have is Halo 1/2, Fable 1 and KOTR. :mad:

Paper Mario IS awesome sauce.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, on the other hand, is an absolutely abysmal game. /flame shield
lolwut?

I remember when Doom was the most realistic looking thing out there.
Dude, Doom is awesome. :cool:

I can honestly say my favorite games ever go like:

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
...Pikmin
Bioshock
Animal Crossing (b_b)

trgluvshisBiS
Really? Not a single CoD game on that list? I'm surprised. (BIS is epic.)

Super Mario RPG still ***** all the Mario series with rpg factors in them. =P
I agree with this.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
trgluvshisBiS
You can say that again.

My favorite game right now though has to be 999. Anyone who owns a DS owes it to themselves to get this game.

999 is a gem it's hard to find and not very popular but anyone who has reviewed the game/played it has nothing but good things to say about it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
As sinful as this is, I have never played a single moment of a Duke Nukem game! O_O
Wow, I'm surprised. I remember playing DN3D on my computer when I was a kid. Good times.

You can say that again.

My favorite game right now though has to be 999. Anyone who owns a DS owes it to themselves to get this game.

999 is a gem it's hard to find and not very popular but anyone who has reviewed the game/played it has nothing but good things to say about it.
I still need to buy the game...haven't had a chance to lately because of finals in school. :urg:

finalark

SNORLAX
I just realized that IRL is the worst MMORPG in the world but everyone plays it. Seriously guys, just look at all of the crap that needs to be fixed:

- No ranked PVP until level 18
- Some of your stats actually go down at higher levels
- You don't have any control over how your character starts out or even your initial stats
- Half of the expansion packs don't even get finished. We started both the Space and Under Seas expansions but to access any content you have to grind rep with certain factions like crazy in addition to having to be a certain class. Oh, and they still haven't fully patched in all of the content for either of those.
- The Religions system needs to be reworked, its a good idea for character customization but there's no 100% guarantee that the buffs you get from attaching your character to a religion even exist, and if you don't choose a religion then you might be missing out on some sick buffs. Although the rep bonuses you get can be pretty useful.
- Most of the time all of your money is null and void when you go questing in a different zone, sometimes even all of your rep and class skills are useless.
- You only get one character, and if that character dies we have no idea what happens. Some people say that your account freezes, other people say that you get transferred to a new server while others say that you roll a new character.

Man, IRL is the worse MMORPG in existence but we can't stop playing because the devs forgot to add in a log out command.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I know right? Nearly every thread in this forum is already a social thread anyway.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just realized that IRL is the worst MMORPG in the world but everyone plays it. Seriously guys, just look at all of the crap that needs to be fixed:

- No ranked PVP until level 18
- Some of your stats actually go down at higher levels
- You don't have any control over how your character starts out or even your initial stats
- Half of the expansion packs don't even get finished. We started both the Space and Under Seas expansions but to access any content you have to grind rep with certain factions like crazy in addition to having to be a certain class. Oh, and they still haven't fully patched in all of the content for either of those.
- The Religions system needs to be reworked, its a good idea for character customization but there's no 100% guarantee that the buffs you get from attaching your character to a religion even exist, and if you don't choose a religion then you might be missing out on some sick buffs. Although the rep bonuses you get can be pretty useful.
- Most of the time all of your money is null and void when you go questing in a different zone, sometimes even all of your rep and class skills are useless.
- You only get one character, and if that character dies we have no idea what happens. Some people say that your account freezes, other people say that you get transferred to a new server while others say that you roll a new character.

Man, IRL is the worse MMORPG in existence but we can't stop playing because the devs forgot to add in a log out command.
Lol. That's a good post.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
wtf do you mean you can't remember if you checked the room name?

You should always check the room name out of habit.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just placed my order...

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.
:3

Should come...Friday hopefully.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Just placed my order...

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.
:3

Should come...Friday hopefully.
Paper Mario 2>Paper Mario>Super Paper Mario.

TYD was pretty much just a huge improvement over the first game. Super Paper Mario isn't bad but it just doesn't feel like Paper Mario :/

S

smash brawl player 99021

I heard SPM didn't have great music, or at least some that didn't stand out so that's one turnoff. Also heard that 3D ability in SPM was kind of overused.

Oh well.

finalark

SNORLAX
Woooooo speculation time.

According to Game Informer (yeah, that's a trustworthy source) there was a leak about Nintendo releasing a new console in 2012, and it will be shown at E3 this year. Apparently it will support HD and it "[won't be] a gimmick like the Wii."

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there is actually some truth here. Hey, the DS hailed the coming of the Wii (and the current gen as a whole) so the 3DS doing the same isn't that far fetched. Plus I'm started to get bored with the PSWii60 so new consoles are a good thing for me.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/wii/n.../a-2011041413115416098/g-20060308165433320026

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I actually want Nintendo's next console to be backwards compatible with the Wii and GCN, so I wouldn't really care much if they made it a gimmicky waggle bull**** machine.

I seriously doubt an announcement of a new console is going to happen anyway. People have been saying that Nintendo is going to make a new console for years and they never have. Besides, they'll probably wait to announce it until just before Zelda: Skyward Sword is released and the Wii stops having any games to look forward to.

Also, apparently the way Ignore List works has changed so that now you don't see that the people on your ignore list have posted at all. This means that like half the posts in the threads I read no longer show up anymore. It's pretty weird.

The threads I read used to look something like this on my screen:

finalark

SNORLAX
I actually want Nintendo's next console to be backwards compatible with the Wii and GCN, so I wouldn't really care much if they made it a gimmicky waggle bull**** machine.
At this point I just want to see Nintendo do more with online play. But that's never going to happen.

I seriously doubt an announcement of a new console is going to happen anyway. People have been saying that Nintendo is going to make a new console for years and they never have. Besides, they'll probably wait to announce it until just before Zelda: Skyward Sword is released and the Wii stops having any games to look forward to.
If they really do have a new console in the works I don't expect to to be announced until 2012 at earliest.

Also, apparently the way Ignore List works has changed so that now you don't see that the people on your ignore list have posted at all. This means that like half the posts in the threads I read no longer show up anymore. It's pretty weird.

The threads I read used to look something like this on my screen:
That's weird.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That's weird.
You get used to it. It was just nice to see that I had the OPTION to read those posts.

OH goodness friend codes are a complete joke... I know Nintendo isn't stupid enough to let them have a comeback.
I think you're giving Nintendo too much credit. I mean these are the people who thought that random tripping and releasing a handheld console with no good launch titles that weren't third party ports were both good ideas.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I hope this rumour isn't true, not ready for next gen. I'm fine with the current generation and what it has to offer me. Besides, there are some titles I'm looking forward to in the future. (i.e. Bioshock Infinite in 2012)

Nintendo has never cared about the tech race so I don't know what to say about the whole "HD support" thing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Please come out with the new console already. I sold my Wii back to my friend because it was JUST THAT BORING. Asides from Brawl, I hadn't bought a game for that console for years until they came out with Super Mario Galaxy 2. And even then, that game quickly became boring to me and nothing else they've released has caught my attention. And the fact that they have ****loads of party games that nobody cares about nor buys makes it even worse. They also need to get rid of friend codes because that was the most stupid idea that Nintendo ever thought of since they made the Virtual Boy (btw, I learned that GCB has 3D support wtf?). Just make a list of friends like the PS3 and the Xbox and it would be 100 times better. And please let it be true that they get rid of motion control, or at the very least make it an option. I think that's the reason why there's so many god damn casual fun games since they try to take advantage of the Wii's motion control. That's also the reason why games like Brawl or CoD suck on it if you don't have any other controllers (well CoD already sucks enough on the Wii but that's not the point). They also need to support more channels or apps or w/e. It'd be cool if you could do Netflix or Facebook like you can on the Xbox and PS3.

tl;dr I'm highly critical of the Wii and the next console had better not be as stupid as the Wii was

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Please come out with the new console already. I sold my Wii back to my friend because it was JUST THAT BORING. Asides from Brawl, I hadn't bought a game for that console for years until they came out with Super Mario Galaxy 2. And even then, that game quickly became boring to me and nothing else they've released has caught my attention. And the fact that they have ****loads of party games that nobody cares about nor buys makes it even worse. They also need to get rid of friend codes because that was the most stupid idea that Nintendo ever thought of since they made the Virtual Boy (btw, I learned that GCB has 3D support wtf?). Just make a list of friends like the PS3 and the Xbox and it would be 100 times better. And please let it be true that they get rid of motion control, or at the very least make it an option. I think that's the reason why there's so many god damn casual fun games since they try to take advantage of the Wii's motion control. That's also the reason why games like Brawl or CoD suck on it if you don't have any other controllers (well CoD already sucks enough on the Wii but that's not the point). They also need to support more channels or apps or w/e. It'd be cool if you could do Netflix or Facebook like you can on the Xbox and PS3.

tl;dr I'm highly critical of the Wii and the next console had better not be as stupid as the Wii was
For a "stupid" console, it sure is kicking the 360s and PS3s butts. (lol the other word is censored) Casual > Hardcore.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's because casuals make up a larger portion of the market

AND the Wii is significantly cheaper than the PS360 iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom