• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Yes, all we need to deal with is his mobility, not his superior close quarters combat, not his ability to combo us into next week, not his superior frame data, not his superior projectile, not his jab lock kill set up - no, just his speed.
Well I'm not sure about his superior close quarters combat. Its good, but I think we have a good close quarter as well.

But I never said the speed was the only thing. Thats just what I have trouble with. Thats all.

His projectile is not better then ours.
Yes he can reflect, but thats about it.

^This is a good summery of why Ganon loses every time.

The most powerful Link is ALttP Link. He beats Ganon holding the full Triforce.
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg
ALttP was a good game. Like fox said, the fishing rod.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
^This is a good summery of why Ganon loses every time.

The most powerful Link is ALttP Link. He beats Ganon holding the full Triforce.
Yet that is not Ganondorf. That is Ganon. Ganon is not Ganondorf at his full power, nor of his mental capacity.
The only time Ganondorf actually loses, is once in OoT, because he was too cocky, once in WW because the King of Hyrule used the Triforce, and third in TP where Link had to use a variety of gods, godlike beings, and objects of the gods to even harm him.
Ganon is not the same thing as Ganondorf. Ganon is less intelligent, and has more physical strength than him. Furthermore, Ganon could not use the Triforce properly because he was in the Dark World and he had already used it prior.
The Triforce was effectively mute for Ganondorf during that time, so that is why he used his own skill alone.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Yet that is not Ganondorf. That is Ganon. Ganon is not Ganondorf at his full power, nor of his mental capacity.
The only time Ganondorf actually loses, is once in OoT, because he was too cocky, once in WW because the King of Hyrule used the Triforce, and third in TP where Link had to use a variety of gods, godlike beings, and objects of the gods to even harm him.
Ganon is not the same thing as Ganondorf. Ganon is less intelligent, and has more physical strength than him. Furthermore, Ganon could not use the Triforce properly because he was in the Dark World and he had already used it prior.
The Triforce was effectively mute for Ganondorf during that time, so that is why he used his own skill alone.
No johns.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
No johns.
Mmmmmm... Right.... Because define artifacts, light spirits, a reincarnate god, and fishing poles totally make a fair 1 on 1 fight.

And you are ignoring the fact that Ganondorf did Canonically beat Link.

See, look ^^
The hero is defeated.
BAHAHAHA!
Some hero Link is.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Don't forget the fishing rod.
OMG SHOTS FIRED!!!!! In all seriousness, TP A Link sucks and the best Link is SS Link because he's awesome, could beat Ganondorf father and Groove is the freaking best character ever.

P.S. Who is the reincarnated god you're talking about?

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
OMG SHOTS FIRED!!!!! In all seriousness, TP A Link sucks and the best Link is SS Link because he's awesome, could beat Ganondorf father and Groove is the freaking best character ever.

Someone you already know

It's Zelda

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Mmmmmm... Right.... Because define artifacts, light spirits, a reincarnate god, and fishing poles totally make a fair 1 on 1 fight.

And you are ignoring the fact that Ganondorf did Canonically beat Link.

See, look ^^
The hero is defeated.
BAHAHAHA!
Some hero Link is.
You win this one. But remember this, You won once.:denzel:

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Sigh....
SS Link is incredibly weak. ALttP Link can crush SS Link into oblivion.

SS Link does not have the true life, magic, arrow, bomb, capacity to even touch ALttP Link.

Furthermore, Ganondorf doesn't really have a true father. Ganondorf's father is just a regular Hylian that some Gerudo banged with.

Groose is hardly the best character ever as well, but that is irrelevant to this discussion.

Please speak as a human being as well, I know link can't speak, but he isn't illiterate as well.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Cat, I've told you before, I'm not interested in breeding with you. You're hot and all, but I'm just not interested. Thanks, but no thanks.
You're funny, kid. You would need a rather large ladder to climb up to my level anyway.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
You're funny, kid. You would need a rather large ladder to climb up to my level anyway.
You seem to forget both my age and size. I mean, if you're talking figuratively then you would only be mildly wrong. If you're talking literally, then it's you who'd need a ladder to even kiss me without getting torticollis.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Sigh....
SS Link is incredibly weak. ALttP Link can crush SS Link into oblivion.

SS Link does not have the true life, magic, arrow, bomb, capacity to even touch ALttP Link.

Furthermore, Ganondorf doesn't really have a true father. Ganondorf's father is just a regular Hylian that some Gerudo banged with.

Groose is hardly the best character ever as well, but that is irrelevant to this discussion.

Please speak as a human being as well, I know link can't speak, but he isn't illiterate as well.
Technically SS Link can become invincibile for a lot of time with some potions. Don't know about ALTTP Link though. Also his bow has like extreme precision, how can that be worse than the other? Also SS Link can run, which is the most useless thing ever in a battle but yeah.
P.S. How can Groose not be the best character ever? His hairs are a separate entity and he's so damn cool that some of his awesomeness transfers to Link because it's too much for one person.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Apparently BH5 isn't allowing any wireless controllers... Now I don't use one myself but that's a fairly constrictive rule, especially since EVO allowed them and didn't appear to have many issues, if any.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Hey guys, a friend just uploaded the second set of the final:
Drigo Toes :4link: vs OZN | Tales :4luigi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-UUyNxcTQ

I don't remember, but i think @ Dumbfire Dumbfire asked for a drop bomb from ledge... here in the third match can be seen a VERY interesting one... :D
Yes, that's what I needed! Actually I played some Norwegian dudes and stagespiked one with it a good 5 times, then someone else joined in for rotation and I promptly did it on him too. When it's that close to the ledge it surprises and frequently stagespikes... I'll make the minivideo on the ledgejump z drop soon, it'll also show that when the opponent is actually not under you but standing on the ledge if the bomb hits him you can convert it into a hit (mostly fastfall Uair).

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Yes, that's what I needed! Actually I played some Norwegian dudes and stagespiked one with it a good 5 times, then someone else joined in for rotation and I promptly did it on him too. When it's that close to the ledge it surprises and frequently stagespikes... I'll make the minivideo on the ledgejump z drop soon, it'll also show that when the opponent is actually not under you but standing on the ledge if the bomb hits him you can convert it into a hit (mostly fastfall Uair).
When you say you spiked dude 5 TIMES do you mean in a row? did you spike him with the bomb or Dair?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Here is the thing, no one uses Mii sword do for now they are low tier. But they do have a lot of potential. On Zelda social, some guy rekt me 3-7 with a mii sword.

Speaking of Zelda, hanging there got me thinking, I am oblivious when it comes to Zelda vs. Link MU. any tips or can someone send me the Link to the MU thread? would be most appreciated.
I use Mii Sword fighter ;-;.

Anyway, I don't think that Mii Word wouldn't be low tier. They have some very good moves (such us Uair and Dair). Though I'll admit they do have a few things holding them back. Mostly being average recovery moves and low air mobility (though still better than both Link's) and a lack of Wall Jump (really dumb decision)

Btw, does anyone else think Link's Smash 4 Dash Attack does more harm than good? It seems to me that FTilt is mch better in most circumstances, and Dash Attack is so slow and telegraphed that even if you've hit the enemy with a bomb or something property, they can still recover.
But i's like a faster version of his Fsmash!

Though I wouldn't mind if his old DA returned.

Why, look at this, I have been summoned.

Ganondorf is by far not Link's best matchup.
Link does have the upper hand slightly, but it definitely isn't his best one.
It is that thought of which you prove your arrogance which can plague many Links. If you underestimate my master, you are going to die, over and over again.

45-55 favoring Link is very correct, but it all has to do with momentum. It only takes 1 good hit to throw a Link off and deal a ton of damage. Stage choice is also immensely important.

As far as Link's best matchup: :4miisword:

I cannot wait until Sakurai gives us a buff or two as well.
How is :4miisword: Link's best match up? :4miisword: has both good projectiles, a counter and a reflector.

You mean how your puny little TP Link won only with the help of 4 light spirits, one reincarnated god, an ancient godly artifact, and a Twili?
Sure....
Melt in your arrogance will you.

Damn bugs.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Git good or git rekt.

About your customs, I think the default arrow would be alot better. IMOP
No... simply no...
So I thought this was pretty funny. I really hope this isn't any of you lot.

http://s284.photobucket.com/user/kidlink77/media/bs_zpszysjlrlj.png.html
It is funny. But, I think Zero is right in one thing. Link has, sadly, nothing to do against shield.

It would be impossible for Zero to win a tournament with Link. Link is not tournament viable if his CQC game is not buffed. Yes, his Dthrow game can be good, but you could do not much if your opponent is not easy to read; there is some comboes, but nothing 90% as this guy said...
In brawl days, Zero's Link was awfully bad (i played it)... i don't think this change a lot from those days...

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It would be impossible for Zero to win a tournament with Link. Link is not tournament viable if his CQC game is not buffed. Yes, his Dthrow game can be good, but you could do not much if your opponent is not easy to read; there is some comboes, but nothing 90% as this guy said...
In brawl days, Zero's Link was awfully bad (i played it)... i don't think this change a lot from those days...
He'd do well to remember that next time before he says something like "Any character can win. It's not your character holding you back, it's you who don't train enough."

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Technically SS Link can become invincibile for a lot of time with some potions. Don't know about ALTTP Link though. Also his bow has like extreme precision, how can that be worse than the other? Also SS Link can run, which is the most useless thing ever in a battle but yeah.
P.S. How can Groose not be the best character ever? His hairs are a separate entity and he's so damn cool that some of his awesomeness transfers to Link because it's too much for one person.
You know... The Cane of Byrna.... Of which Link doesn't need to carry a bottle for, and it even damages his opponents.
ALttP Link has not only 2X, but 4X the defense of SS Link with his Red Mail.
ALttP Link has access to very powerful spells with Bombos, Ether, and Quake. Of which Link can either, fill an entire room with giant explosions, freeze the entire room, and cause a huge earthquake.
ALttP Link's Master sword is tempered twice, to deal 4X the damage of the regular Master Sword
ALttP Link is way stronger than SS Link with his Titan Mitts, of which he could lift solid rock that were 4 times ALttP's size
ALttP has a far more extensive range and uses of items, which are:
Bombs
Bow and Arrow
Bug Net
Hookshot
Magic Hammer
Flute
Lantern
Fire Rod
Ice Rod
Magic Cape
Magic Mirror

Also, ALttP Link can run way faster than SS Link, for an indefinitely amount of time. Of which the pegasus boots can actually be used for combat too.
Also to note, is that ALttP Link has better arrows as well.

Ah, to be young, and to be foolish. These boards should straighten you out pretty well.

Also, Groose is nothing compared to Tetra as a character, or WW Ganondorf for that matter, or the Mailman.
There are a ton of better characters than Groose

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Ah, to be young, and to be foolish. These boards should straighten you out pretty well.
Actually, this is part of the reason I summoned you.

Also, Groose is nothing compared to Tetra as a character, or WW Ganondorf for that matter, or the Mailman.
Dude, I swear the mailman from TP was hiding something. How in the world would he have know who I was in wolf form?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Actually, this is part of the reason I summoned you.
Ah I see.
I still have the paddle that Shin gave me, for Emergency use of course.
I may have to bring it out, and give it a good wallop every now and then.
So, who should I start with?!
BAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Dude, I swear the mailman from TP was hiding something. How in the world would he have know who I was in wolf form?
The Mailman is really a deity similar to the light spirits, HMS, and the 3 goddesses.
It would only make sense since he appears in Lanayru Desert, a place absolutely no one goes to and was only opened up by expensive use of canon.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
ooo, you guys having an argument on which Link is the most powerful

Well, I can easily settle this!

The most powerful Link is....
YOUNG LINK
Young Link Happy emoticon (scaled down).png

Though if it's out of SS Link and ALTTP Link, I would probable say SS. ALTTp does seem more powerful with all his weapons, but SS can upgrade his weapons as well, plus (and this is what really decides it) SS has the whole Triforce. Then again, ALTTP does get it to., sort of.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ The Merc The Merc
SS Link had the Triforce but chose not to use it in the final fight then locked it away because mortals shouldn't have that kind of power.
Ganon and Ganondorf are the same being. When Ganondorf touched the Triforce it changed the world to reflect what was in his heart and Ganondorf was transformed into the monstrous blue boar form of Ganon. They have the same consciousness.
ALttP Link stormed the world Ganon controlled, defeated his minions and finally Ganon himself to reclaim the Triforce. The Triforce wasn't mute; Link overcame its power throughout the entire dark world.

I agree with SS Link being a pansy but it was his first time. The other Link versions were reincarnations with former life experience. That's why Link is often portrayed as a child who can defeat an army of darkness.
WW Link genuinely was a pansy.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Adding more to the AlttP Link argument, he also happened to wipe an entire island out of existence, its inhabitants and everything (Link's Awakening, it was a dream but still). With the way the later bosses mention how they're afraid of Link destroying the world, almost makes Link look like the villain, a destroyer of their world, with innocent people no doubt. All for what? To leave an island? Let that sink in for a moment.

AlttP Link:
- Has screen wide-nuke spells
- A wide variety of weapons not in other games, including the magic rods and Cane of Byrna
- decided to save a world after meeting a princess he met for the first time
- wiped an island from existence
- Restored the Dark World back to the Golden Land
- Only Link other than SS Link to witness the full Triforce

Yep, most definitely the most powerful Link by a huge margin

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Do explain how is it that he "sort of" gets it.
Well, he only gets it at the end of the game and just uses it to repair hyrule, then kinds of leaves it.

@ The Merc The Merc
SS Link had the Triforce but chose not to use it in the final fight then locked it away because mortals shouldn't have that kind of power.
I guess but he still has access to it.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
A nitpick for accuracy, the magic rod also appears in the NES LoZ.
Well I was moreso referring to the different varieties, namely the fire rod and ice rod, ice rod only ever appearing in AlttP.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well, he only gets it at the end of the game and just uses it to repair hyrule, then kinds of leaves it.
As opposed to SS who had it the whole game? And who used it to govern the universe? Also, he did get it, we see him lifting it up and asking for a wish; how on earth is that sort of?

You do realize that only two Link have ever barely seen, even more so had, the whole triforce: SS and AlttP. Of both of them SS got it before the boss fight so he was aided by its power during it. AlttP got it after, which means he managed to defeat Ganon while Ganon was in possession of the full triforce. Let that sink in for a moment. Forget about your fanboyism and use your cold hard logic if you can.

Adding more to the AlttP Link argument, he also happened to wipe an entire island out of existence, its inhabitants and everything (Link's Awakening, it was a dream but still).
While you're arguing the same as me, your argument is still stupid. By this logic I am a god since I create and destroy cities and its inhabitants every damn night.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^It's arguable that the NES LoZ Link had the full Triforce since it wasn't defined as 3 triangles at the time. WW Link saw the full Triforce at the final battle, IDK if he had it. Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link saw the Triforce during the opening video; that didn't make much sense though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom