• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Sorry about not being able to update. Im away from my comp (using my psp rite now.) I'll update tonight when I get back and start working on Sheik and Jin Marth.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Wait so you got those freaking variables to work? oO

I tried making a character who's attacks switch attributes through the use of two different B moves but the variables wouldn't do anything.

I really need to take a look at that pac file.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
just2good, I looked at your .pac, and I love how you did that! Man, this means that it's fully possible to make a Dragon Install variant if someone where to make an SOL badguy Ike.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sorry about not being able to update. Im away from my comp (using my psp rite now.) I'll update tonight when I get back and start working on Sheik and Jin Marth.
I am excited for Jin Marth! By the way, I recommend (if it actually works) using Marth's Final Smash animation for the Ice Car. Just a thought.

On an unrelated note, I have a question about items. (Not specifically directed at you Yingyay but at the community in general.) What on earth does item 23, "Manaphy Heart", do? I would try it myself but I got no access to my Wii. Also, on that note -- think it's possible to replicate Heart Swap as a move? That would be pretty sweet.

MAN I wanna test all these creations; I need to get home to my Wii ASAP!

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've been working on a commission for Rykoshet the past day or so.

Taken Ike as a base, and the end goal is to turn him into Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue.

Here is a video showcasing some of what is done so far --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzXo_0iH8yQ

I've been doing all of the coding, working with Rykoshet closely to get the little details just right. I think it's looking pretty good so far!

NintenJoe

Smash Ace

Taken Ike as a base, and the end goal is to turn him into Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue.

Here is a video showcasing some of what is done so far --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzXo_0iH8yQ

I've been doing all of the coding, working with Rykoshet closely to get the little details just right. I think it's looking pretty good so far!
wow... probably the best and most balanced submission thus far. But, I need to ask... doesn't Ragna have white hair?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OMG Watch out for now, I made a new Character - GET HYPED !

He is so f***in great, I love him, and I dont think he is overpowered <3

I introduce you now:

!!! Meta-Nitemare !!!

Download: http://www.andy.pytalhost.com/FitMetaknight.pac (V2)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhQgrraWaJ0 (Sorry sound is very loud)

---Changes (Out of my head)---
Global:
Nearly all moves deal Dark Energy Damage
His ability too kill is nearly gone and under 200% its hard to kill with him (Unless its gimping, which he still can do because of his new DAir)
He has a greater spacing game
"Semi-projectile" (Hard to define)
Details:
Jab's last hit can sleep oppenants
Ftilt has a hitbox in front of him (Goes up for every hit)
Dtilt too
Uptilt has a hitbox high above him and is able to kill with a sweetspot (~200%)
FSmash has a hitbox in front of him (It's a spike) - Doesnt kill too soon anymore
DSmash has a hitbox in front and in the back (1 for every slash) - Doesnt kill too soon anymore
UpSmash has a higher hitbox for every hit (Hitbox goes up) - Also hard to kill with it
Nair is overall more ranged - Doesnt kill too soon anymore
Fair has hitboxes in front of him - Dont think of killing with it
Bair has hitboxes behind him - Dont think of killing with it
UpAir has a higher hitbox above him - Dont think of killing with it
Dair is now able to Spike (Weak Spike) and has a hitbox under him
Nado pushs out not in and has a hitbox above him
Drill rush is nearly the same (last hit doesnt kill)
DC is the same
Shuttle Loop is weaker
V2 Changes:
Dtilt has a more Range
Uptilt has less Range but sweetspot is stronger
Dair sword-hits doesnt spike anymore, but it has now 3 hitboxes under him which spike
Upair has now 3 hitboxes above him
Nair has now a bit more range in every direction

Some Guys really should test him and tell me how you find him (Best would be human vs. human)

Thx.

I really tell you too test him he is sooo fun and great. I really love him o.O

Edit: Ragna is beast <3 I love this UpSmash =O

iLink

Smash Champion

Just a few nitpicks (know this is still a work in progress)

- Does the second hit of the dsmash animation always connect? The wind down lag looks like it could be bothersome at low percents.

- Would it be possible to add random food effects to some of his attacks when they connect?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Just a few nitpicks (know this is still a work in progress)

- Does the second hit of the dsmash animation always connect? The wind down lag looks like it could be bothersome at low percents.

- Would it be possible to add random food effects to some of his attacks when they connect?
The first hit of the down smash animation always slides the opponent into the second hit and stutters them with a possibility to trip them. It has extreme winddown yes so it's not gonna be the greatest option at every percent but he has amazing jab cancel 1 and 2 followups that make using the third jab a viable option but not the one you're always going to want to take. If the front end of jab 3 catches someone off stage it will pull them down and towards so it can stage spike and if the back end hits it will flat out semi spike them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iImEuvVYVgk

Start from 2:59 but more specifically look at 3:08 and most importantly 3:11. With the use of his up tilt (forward is low, backward is high), down tilt (low), dash attack (low), and the work coming along on gauntlet hades (high) and aerial hell's fang (high as well as punishing shielding) he'll have amazing high low and guard mixups out of his second jab not to mention just the simple 1 -> 2 cancel combat walk.

It should also be noted that depending on the point and with which direction you cancel ragna's jab string, he turns around. This seems silly at first but keep in mind that his bair is his fastest aerial, his up tilt swings down behind him on the back end, and his up smash's first swing starts from behind him as well and drags into the next hits. While his jab string is most representative of his standing light, medium, and heavy, canceling into a pivoted up smash looks most similar to ragna's standing light, standing medium, and forward light setup that he has in BlazBlue, and sets up in a very similar manner. The timing will seem finicky at first but it's actually very intuitive, especially if you understand that to jab cancel you can press any direction, not just down.

As for healing I'm not quite sure if the program even allows it but I wanted any move that gives a darkness effect to heal him minimally. That would include the tipper of his fsmash, hell's fang, gauntlet hades, and the first hit of inferno divider.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice

While this is definitely the most interesting submission so far, it's not balanced either. It seems like you're going at this character with a normal fighting game mentality which doesn't translate well in Brawl. He seems fast and strong, which is good, but he seems to do too well in those areas.

First of all, it's never a good idea to have jab combos that do 15%. Remember that these should be guaranteed combos, even at high percents. This gives him an easy damage building move pretty much safe during anytime of the match.

His uptilt has amazing range, speed, IASA frames, AND does up to 14%? This move seems easier to land with than the jab combo.

His smashes are pretty much too good right now. His F-Smash tipped not only gives good damage and knockback, but also has a troublesome angle. Not even Metaknight in vBrawl has that good of a move.

Just as a general rule of thumb, if you're going for a serious character layout your damage like this:
Jabs: 1-3 damage each
Tilts: Never more than 13% but take speed and range into account
Arials: Same as tilts, but if you want a good juggling character go for less
Specials: These usually have unique mechanics so go with instinct, but never let it reach near 20%
Smashes: Quick Smashes never more than 15% uncharged. Slower one's like Ike's can maybe go to a little over 20.

Also in terms of knockback, you should obviously adjust according to your damage, but I strongly recommend against giving a move strong knockback AND a troublesome angle.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That is a _sweet-awesome_ up-smash, Kirk/Rykoshet. It's awesome-looking and looks not overpowered.

Howe'er I do agree with most of what sffadsad said. Specifically, I agree that the up-tilt and forward smash look too good (especially the up-tilt). Also, the down-smash-y-looking section of the jab combo does look a tad awkward.

But that's all my complaints (assuming you wanted criticism). Keep up the good work! I'll totally give it a try when you finish, regardless.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
First of all, it's never a good idea to have jab combos that do 15%
Snake and Ike would like to have a word with you. (snake's does 14 and ike's does 16, 20 if canceled once so I'm just averaging them out)

His uptilt has amazing range, speed, IASA frames, AND does up to 14%? This move seems easier to land with than the jab combo.
It's significantly weaker than its former counterpart to make up for the increase in speed. The iasa may be lengthened and the knockback slightly reduced after some play testing. The damage is staying the same though, 14 damage relies on you being hit with the back end of the move, it does 13 up to just past the apex of the swing.

His smashes are pretty much too good right now. His F-Smash tipped not only gives good damage and knockback, but also has a troublesome angle. Not even Metaknight in vBrawl has that good of a move.
It's the extreme tip of a frame 20 move and it has to be charged or at the side of the stage at mid percents to be of a significant danger. This was playtested, it's no more dangerous of a killshot than ike's fsmash was, a uncharged blade hit doesn't kill until significantly higher percents than ike's fsmash either (it in no way will kill anyone sub 100, it starts getting dangerous near 120). If you get tipped, let alone fully charge tipped, it's meant to be rewarding. If you got hit with ike's fully charged fsmash at 25 damage as marth, you would die also and the hitbox for the blade is far far far larger than the hitbox of the tipper.

His up smash is as slow if not slower than his old up smash with far smaller range and only goes up to 18 if you hit with the back end of the move first, meaning someone has to be behind him at ground level to go past 16 damage. However the knockback is going to be reduced as it kills far too early while charged as it is.

Trust me, we know the character deserves tweaking, but being wary about 1% damage on a move with extreme cooldown that can be SDIed if canceled is silly. Ike's first jab into jab 1-2-3 does 20% (averaging out to 5 damage per swing), Ragna's does 16 if he cancels first hit into 1-2-3 and that combination physically actually hits you with 5 swings (averaging out to 3 damage per swing)...

Kirk

Smash Champion
Thanks for all of the comments, everyone. I'm just glad I'm able to translate Ryko's great ideas into PSA coding.

Ryko pretty much covered the criticisms lol. Bottom line is, its a WIP, and tweaks will most definitely be made as time goes on.

I'd like to release it when all of the moves are finished, but I may decide to release an early version to people(if they'd be interested), once all of the normal moves are finished.

Again, thank you for the comments and criticism.

:bee:

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Thanks for all of the comments, everyone. I'm just glad I'm able to translate Ryko's great ideas into PSA coding.

Ryko pretty much covered the criticisms lol. Bottom line is, its a WIP, and tweaks will most definitely be made as time goes on.

I'd like to release it when all of the moves are finished, but I may decide to release an early version to people(if they'd be interested), once all of the normal moves are finished.

Again, thank you for the comments and criticism.

:bee:
That looks awesome, I was originally going to help Ryko, but I was tired, as it was 3 AM.
And without doing that project for him, I have time to create my Giga Koooplus.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
~Black Knight~

Made by Smash G 0 D using Ike

Moveset Change:

Jab: Jab is only one hit now. It is the third hit from Ike's Jab combo with slight changes

Ftilt: Light sword swing animation

Dtilt:
Swings sword up behind him; sends opponent straight up or down

Utilt: Grounded Uair

Dsmash: Ike's Down taunt. The hitbox is when he swings the sword up behind him. Easier to hit with if the opponent is in the air. Very high reward. If you miss, the rest of the move makes Black Knight vulnerable for punishment.

Fair: Ike's Ftilt in the air

Dair: Black Knights sword is parallel to the ground in front of him. Does 5% and has no cooldown, so this move can be used quickly in succession.

Bthrow: Black Knight slash's the opponent and sends them behind him.

B: Charging animation is Ike's up taunt. The earliest you can release this move is after one cycle of the up taunt. At that point, it has below average knockback and does 10%. But after being charged to almost full/full, the knockback significantly increases and so does the damage. At full charge, it is pretty much an instant kill.

UpB: Aerial UpB is the same as Ike's, but on the ground, Black Knight throws his sword up but he doesn't actually leave the ground.

Black Knight is slightly faster than Ike.

I have yet to create the darkness effects on the outside of Black Knight's moves, but that is what I'm working on.

Video: coming soon

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iwzimgqkylm

Please let me know if there are any bugs with Black Knight or if you think anything should be fixed!

Ace1000

Smash Rookie
I finally got the pac files but now I'm kind of stuck on understanding the program I read everything and I still don't get it

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
you know someone should make a Radiant Dawn Ike?
Neutral B: Shock Wave
Side B: Critical Hit (like normal side B only when lands soes a triple strike then back roll)
Up B: Aether (heals)
Down B: Counter (Same)

oh wait it's the side B lol.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong
http://www.mediafire.com/?zlz1nqnd3yy
-Faster walking, dashing, and turning acceleration
-Slower max walking and running speed
-Higher jump and short hop
-Heavier, but floatier
-Higher air mobility
-Slightly reduced damage on most ground attacks
-Lower knockback on dash attack
-Animations on utilt and uair switched
-Dtilt launches at 90 degrees
-Fsmash: first hit = more damage, second = more knockback
-Nair faster, but deals less damage and knockback
-Faster ledge attack <100%
-Faster back roll, slower forward roll
-More ending lag on ftilt
-Neutral B faster when used in the air

Again, this is more like a clone project than a brand new character.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
While this is definitely the most interesting submission so far, it's not balanced either. It seems like you're going at this character with a normal fighting game mentality which doesn't translate well in Brawl. He seems fast and strong, which is good, but he seems to do too well in those areas.

First of all, it's never a good idea to have jab combos that do 15%. Remember that these should be guaranteed combos, even at high percents. This gives him an easy damage building move pretty much safe during anytime of the match.

Just as a general rule of thumb, if you're going for a serious character layout your damage like this:
Jabs: 1-3 damage each
Tilts: Never more than 13% but take speed and range into account
Arials: Same as tilts, but if you want a good juggling character go for less
Specials: These usually have unique mechanics so go with instinct, but never let it reach near 20%
Smashes: Quick Smashes never more than 15% uncharged. Slower one's like Ike's can maybe go to a little over 20.

Also in terms of knockback, you should obviously adjust according to your damage, but I strongly recommend against giving a move strong knockback AND a troublesome angle.
Most of what you said applies to Snake in regular Brawl too ;)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
@Black Knight: He feels a bit unfinished :S

I dont like his Uptilt, it looks too weird. Also his Dair is a little bit strange.

His neutral B is **** hot, but it should be interruptable in the first charge and also it really shouldnt take THAT long. (Well its sure that such a strong move will need its time, but now that much :p). What also would be cool (if possible) if it would be like the DK Punch. You can walk/run/etc. around after one charge ^^

That were some things I realized.

@Elementary marth: OMFG too good, I didnt know that something like that would have been possible o.O

And if it is possible give him a third sort on his Side-Taunt.

Then he would be perfect (OK he already is xD but then he would be more perfect xDDD)

I would say you work around with Sleeping / Flower effects in the last one ^^

Also someone should report to my Meta-Nitemare :(

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
anyone have any idea how to spawn an item strictly for cosmetic purposes? I want to use an item in an attack (for visual purposes), but I don't want it to interfere with anything the character is already holding.

D

Deleted member

Is it possible to make one of Ike's taunts a Quick Draw animation? If you can make it so he uses a taunt to fake out his opponents (into thinking he's charging a quick draw) that would be godly.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Meta nitemare is freaking awsome. He is not overpowered by any means. But it is how you use him which allows him to become extremely more deadly than the original because of his increase gimping abilities. A perfect example of high damage to an attack doesn't win everything. Skill does.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Elemental Marth: ...Holy... 'scuse me while I pick up my jaw off the ground. Holy ****, man! I didn't even know that was possible!

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
How is the ragna project coming along kirk. Is it almost complete yet? So far everything looks great. Just to put my two cents in, maybe you modifly his regular b, fully charged but down taunt animation( where he throws down his sword). Just a suggestion. Other than that, great job on the project

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
How is the ragna project coming along kirk. Is it almost complete yet? So far everything looks great. Just to put my two cents in, maybe you modifly his regular b, fully charged but down taunt animation( where he throws down his sword). Just a suggestion. Other than that, great job on the project
Ragna? Whazat? Also, im going to be going out soon, its my brothers
birthday, so i won't be able to get much done today.

Just a heads up, you probably don't give half a crap.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OK Meta-Nitemare is now a little bit updated:

Dtilt has a more Range
Uptilt has less Range but sweetspot is stronger (Still very hard to hit with it)
Dair sword-hits dont spike anymore, but it has now 3 hitboxes very under him which do spike (weak)
Upair has now 3 hitboxes above him
Nair has now a bit more range in every direction

It's not really better - it just fits more overall to his other moves in my opinion.

Download link is still the same.

camelot

Smash Ace
Roy

(Bet you saw this coming sooner or later)

It's Roy, from Melee!

("Shin no tatakai wa... korekare da!")

Roy may be a clone of Marth, but he has a different style of play. Instead of spacing to hit with the tip of the sword, he must hit with the hilt or the middle of the blade instead. The tips are pretty weak and have extremely low knockback, so leave no room between you and your opponent. Of course, this makes Roy a more dangerous character to play as compared to Marth.

(You're doing it wrong! Don't hit with the tip!)

Roy is a faster falling and very slightly heavier character. That means he's harder to KO vertically, but his faster falling hinders his recovery some.

Roy's aerial attacks are generally of medium damage, and low knockback. You know what that means, right? Combos, combos, and more combos, which is further helped by his brilliant combo starter, d-tilt, a very fast poke attack that pops the opponent into the air.

He possesses 2 strong, quick finishers, f-smash and d-smash, as well as his old u-smash, a fiery attack that hits up to 5 times.

(Bang! The middle of the blade hits upward, and the tip spikes downward.)

His weaknesses? Well, Roy is somewhat susceptible to getting combo'd, has mediocre recovery, and relies heavily on his f-smash and d-smash to gain KO's (although you can occasionally spike with d-air, but it isn't too reliable anyway).

Other stuff:

Specials:
- Neutral-B, Flare Blade, is a slash instead of a stab, has faster wind-down, and makes an explosion on full charge. I still have to make the charging work the same as in Melee, but unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do that yet.
- Side-B, Double-Edged Dance, is unchanged, since (as of right now) you can't change the speeds of stuff. Maybe I'll improvise somehow...
- Up-B, Blazer, is unchanged other than being fire and hitting upwards.
- Down-B, Counter, is fire, but still does the same damage and knockback.

Other other stuff:
- Roy runs slightly slower than Marth.
- "Tipper" hits are bigger.
- D-air has a weak spike, but it is difficult to hit with. The opponent must be directly underneath you, or right on top of you.
- U-smash hits 5 times, with the tip spiking (on all hits except the last), and the middle of the blade hitting upward.
- Final Smash sends sideways rather than at an angle.
- Side-taunt looks funky.

(Flare Blade.)

.pac Download (rename this as FitMarth.pac): <link removed, look at newer post for v2>

Textures (many thanks to Steelia for helping with these):
Regular Roy: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mvzttgkmwjk
Green Roy: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wmtojytoijn
(There are other colors of Roy in the other Roy thread, but to be completely honest, they are of lesser quality.)

Try Roy out, and see what you think. This works in both Brawl and Brawl+ (obviously), but I recommend Brawl+ for all of his combo-y goodness.

This is v1.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
First of all I want it to be known that I really like the idea of the character, and it has my full support. When I typed that post I did so with intent to try and help balance a serious character based on what I saw.

Snake and Ike would like to have a word with you. (snake's does 14 and ike's does 16, 20 if canceled once so I'm just averaging them out)
Ike may have a good jab combo, but does he have the kill ability Ragna does? Brute power may be one thing, but Ragna has that AND speed.

Snake is how good again?

It's significantly weaker than its former counterpart to make up for the increase in speed. The iasa may be lengthened and the knockback slightly reduced after some play testing. The damage is staying the same though, 14 damage relies on you being hit with the back end of the move, it does 13 up to just past the apex of the swing.
The problem I see is not in the amount of damage it deals. The thing that worries me is the speed and range of the move on top of how much damage it deals. It looks like it can beat or tie with a lot of moves. In other words it seems like it can stop a lot of approaches while also dealing a very good amount of damage.

It's the extreme tip of a frame 20 move and it has to be charged or at the side of the stage at mid percents to be of a significant danger. This was playtested, it's no more dangerous of a killshot than ike's fsmash was, a uncharged blade hit doesn't kill until significantly higher percents than ike's fsmash either (it in no way will kill anyone sub 100, it starts getting dangerous near 120). If you get tipped, let alone fully charge tipped, it's meant to be rewarding. If you got hit with ike's fully charged fsmash at 25 damage as marth, you would die also and the hitbox for the blade is far far far larger than the hitbox of the tipper.
20 frames for a smash is not slow by any means. Also, Marth mains can tell you just how easy it is to tip with attacks. Also, I'm not worried about the KB at 0% I'm worried about when Ragna has his opponent at 70%.

His up smash is as slow if not slower than his old up smash with far smaller range and only goes up to 18 if you hit with the back end of the move first, meaning someone has to be behind him at ground level to go past 16 damage. However the knockback is going to be reduced as it kills far too early while charged as it is.
The thing that worries me about the upsmash is 2:48 of the part 3 video. It was able to kill Marth at 100%. While I understand that his current upsmash is significantly harder to hit with than Ike's I don't think it deserves THAT much of knockback buff.

Trust me, we know the character deserves tweaking, but being wary about 1% damage on a move with extreme cooldown that can be SDIed if canceled is silly. Ike's first jab into jab 1-2-3 does 20% (averaging out to 5 damage per swing), Ragna's does 16 if he cancels first hit into 1-2-3 and that combination physically actually hits you with 5 swings (averaging out to 3 damage per swing)...
I didn't mean to sound as if you guys didn't know what you're doing. I'm very sure you guys have an idea of how to balance him. All I was doing was voicing some concern about some things that I feel are too good. The jab combo in itself is not what I'm fussing over, nor am I going to tell you to make attacks weaker by 1%. What worries me is that ALL of Ragna's abilities combined seems too good. Good damage racking ability, good speed on his attacks, and reliable killers.

These observations are all based off of the demonstration videos so they are really nothing but theory. I am merely pointing them out because I worry that if left untouched these factors might keep the final product from getting the attention that it deserves.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Tsunami, please don't quote the entirety of large posts like that.

Very nice looking Roy! I'll have to give it a try at some point.

camelot

Smash Ace
lol, i was just making this too >_< what value did you use for his gravity?
whatever, i'll release mine as well later, who cares
He has the same top falling speed as Donkey Kong, but accelerates to it faster.

Who cares? I cares, this took quite a while and a lot of effort to make. But of course you can still release your version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom